Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Ammanas posted:

Who, besides Westbrook, deserves the 'drag your team into the playoffs award'? Like what would the Cavs record be without LeBron, or wizards without Wall?

Kawhi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was asleep during Washington/Celtics but I think that it will be a very close series. Ultimately I give the edge to Boston because the Wizards bench is legit awful.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

He is playing with 3 future hall of famers, a future hall of fame coach, and a multiple time all star. Yes he is having a great year but he is hardly dragging the team to the playoffs.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Spacebump posted:

He is playing with 3 future hall of famers, a future hall of fame coach, and a multiple time all star. Yes he is having a great year but he is hardly dragging the team to the playoffs.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you (San Antonio is a playoff team even without Kawhi), but this statement is pretty disingenuous. Parker and Ginobili were both below average players this year, and together with Pau, those are 3 well past their prime and fairly weak Hall of Fame players, all of whom will get in due in large part to their international play. If you (rightly) believe those 3 should get into the Hall, then you should include Aldridge in there as well.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
What about perennial all star, all nba team, Aldridge? I don't even get the credit Kawhi is getting. like the team has been this for a while.

if Kawhi wasn't there, Aldridge would get opportunities and wouldn't get fat and depressed.

Femur fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 30, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The B_36 posted:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you (San Antonio is a playoff team even without Kawhi), but this statement is pretty disingenuous. Parker and Ginobili were both below average players this year, and together with Pau, those are 3 well past their prime and fairly weak Hall of Fame players, all of whom will get in due in large part to their international play. If you (rightly) believe those 3 should get into the Hall, then you should include Aldridge in there as well.

Pau (maybe 2nd best Euro in the NBA ever, key player in multiple title teams), Parker (finals MVP), and Ginobili (key player in multiple title teams, MVP in 2 different leagues, won a gold medal on a team that isn't Team USA) have had better international and NBA careers than Aldridge. Ginobili would have been an all star more times if he didn't accept a 6th man role. I'd rather have Prime Ginobili on my team than Prime LMA. Aldridge is a better player now but the point is that team is still stacked and the Thunder aren't anywhere near the depth level. Then you factor in Pop.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 30, 2017

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Parker and Pau most certainly will not get in based on international play. They were both the second best player on teams that won multiple titles and were in the top five in the league at their position for a decade.

Aldridge I can see in the hall and I wouldn't be outright against it, but to say if you put Pau in then Aldridge has to get in too is not true at all. Pau has had a terrific career.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The nbatickets.com commercial is so stupid. "We're going to the game" (that just went to halftime shorty before we bought tickets)

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
tony led the league one year in points in the paint

as a point guard

he's going to the HOF because he was loving great

manu is also one of the most underrated, best SGs of his era. his numbers, PER, and efficiency are absurd.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Cool Buff Man posted:

Dwight on being benched in the fourth;

I do not like anything about this man

I do not miss Dwight Howard.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i feel like people make weird references to international play for any non american just cause they can, even if its entirely unnecessary for their case. its just something someone chucks out there with 0 thought cause it helps fill in their argument i guess

Away all Goats posted:

International play is very relevant when you're talking about HOF candidacy

for middle of the road guys, if you actually think its meaningful for 3 top tier players at their position for a decade + then you are just being lazy

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 30, 2017

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

International play is very relevant when you're talking about HOF candidacy

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/858805710578122752

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

holy poo poo. I can't imagine being a clippers fan.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

lol

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Intruder posted:

The nbatickets.com commercial is so stupid. "We're going to the game" (that just went to halftime shorty before we bought tickets)

that dad is insufferable asf.

Member when I was probated for being a fan of Gordon Haywards game :grin:

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
When they say the clippers might blow it up, are they referring to the stadium, the team practice facility, or the entire organization?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
after unjustly stealing chris paul from us thanks to the tyrant david stern, its only fair that we get blake griffin this year as a mea culpa from benevolent dictator adam silver.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Up Circle posted:

after unjustly stealing chris paul from us thanks to the tyrant david stern, its only fair that we get blake griffin this year as a mea culpa from benevolent dictator adam silver.

Blake Griffin is a good pickup and all, but that's not a fair trade at all.

Watching all these old vets like Rivers, Paul, Pierce, and Crawford get bounced in round 1 was like dark comedy.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I can't wait for Chris Paul and Carmelo to somehow end up on the Bulls this offseason.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 1, 2017

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Just clone chris paul melo and wade and hand them out like cotton candy to any team that will take them together

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I'm all in on the 3 Headed monsters.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I stand with Reggie Evans and the Killer 3s

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Chauncey Billups, Stephen Jackson and Reggie Evans on the same team is extremely my poo poo.

Metapod posted:

I stand with Reggie Evans and the Killer 3s

Metapod, my man

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

IDK that Ghost Baller logo looks dope

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
You all are missing the best part of Killer 3s:

Player Coach: Charles Oakley

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Paul Zuvella posted:

Chauncey Billups, Stephen Jackson and Reggie Evans on the same team is extremely my poo poo.

Metapod, my man

I hope the 3 on 3 championship game is in MSG

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Ricky Davis and Ivan Johnson on the same team means I have to root for the Ghost Ballers

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Intruder posted:

That add triggers my autism. I ain't not going to the game because I think it's sold out, I'm m not going cause it costs a hundred fifty bucks to get in the door. Compare ticket prices for the home and away games in the Cleveland and TO series if you wanna laugh.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dexo posted:

I'm all in on the 3 Headed monsters.

Ghost Ballers look cool and watching Ivan Johnson vs a bunch of guys older than him might be hilarious. I still have to root for AI/3's Company. Watching a bunch of retired guys get crossed over could be great.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Woah that Trilogy logo is kickass

unfortunately I believe I'm morally and contractually obligated to root for the team with Moochie Norris on it

bets on how long until Ivan Johnson is banned?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

chunkles posted:

Woah that Trilogy logo is kickass

unfortunately I believe I'm morally and contractually obligated to root for the team with Moochie Norris on it

bets on how long until Ivan Johnson is banned?

If there are any games in Asia, Ivan is already banned from playing basketball in Asia.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Papercut posted:

Blake Griffin is a good pickup and all, but that's not a fair trade at all.

Watching all these old vets like Rivers, Paul, Pierce, and Crawford get bounced in round 1 was like dark comedy.

I think we could accept chris paul in this situation in addition to blake.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Ricky Davis and Ivan Johnson on the same team means I have to root for the Ghost Ballers

:same: Best logo and Ivan Johnson

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lockback posted:

If there are any games in Asia, Ivan is already banned from playing basketball in Asia.

Just Korea. The PBA actually let him back

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Five thirty eight updated their melo predictions today and bad news cav fans, both the celtics and raptors have a higher chance of winning the title

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nba-predictions/

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Power looks like the most boring lineup. I bet they're going to take it too seriously and win it all

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I'm sure it'll just be mostly depressing watching middle aged men try to reclaim relevance by feebly try to break each others' ankles and clank jumpers

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I like the dedication to incorporating 3's in your name and logo, and it makes me dislike the Power, Ballhogs and Ghost Ballers. No commitment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jason Williams and Mahmoud Abdul Rauf on the same team is pretty incredible.

• Locked thread