Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wirth1000 posted:

Uhhhhh.... ok, watching that, how the gently caress did Lance Stroll spin? I kind of missed that part watching it live. There was literally no contact, he wasn't on curb and was on the inside of the corner. What the hell??

First time watching Lance Stroll on track?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh and we got Spain and Monaco coming up next, remember to stock up on alacolic beverages for those ones my friends.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

First time watching Lance Stroll on track?

He's a national embarassment and I profusely apologize for him on the behalf of all Canadians as such I am duty bound to follow him and point out how poo poo-gently caress he is at all times. I'd even take James Hinchcliffe (i'm learning indycar) than Stroll like holy piss.

But, no, I meant wasn't there a radio message from Stroll saying that he got pushed onto the kerbs and that's why he spun? Which, by the way, is still a poo poo-hot gently caress all of an excuse cause lots of people end up on the kerbing and kerbs all the time and don't loving spin. This isn't F1 2010 (video game reference) after all.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There are parts of Sochi I kind of like but the track doesn't seem to produce very good races.

I like turn 1 and the 12-13 complex.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Wirth1000 posted:

Uhhhhh.... ok, watching that, how the gently caress did Lance Stroll spin? I kind of missed that part watching it live. There was literally no contact, he wasn't on curb and was on the inside of the corner. What the hell??

Well, he's loving poo poo, so...

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wirth1000 posted:

I'd even take James Hinchcliffe (i'm learning indycar) than Stroll like holy piss.

You should be taking hinch every day of the week there, buddy.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Finally watched the race.

What a pile of poo poo.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I overslept and missed the race. I guess some weird stuff happened given the thread change?

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Jesus Christ Honda. Happy for Bottas' first win even if he seemed largely indifferent about it. That Massa poo poo was hilarious, especially his interview about it after the race. Sebastian Vettle is a good egg. Lewis Hamilton is shook as hell. Eddie Jordan should do all the podium interviews.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000 posted:

Didn't he unsettle the car in the corner and get the power down a bit early on the exit?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Thanks Ants posted:

Didn't he unsettle the car in the corner and get the power down a bit early on the exit?

actually it was an acute case of Being Lance Stroll that did for him

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

The Running Stroll Toll: 1 Carlos Sainz, himself 6 times, and the spirits and livers of all Canadians and Williams fans across the globe

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's pretty simple, the back end of his car went faster than the front end of his car. Normally you want them going roughly the same speed, but that didn't happen in this case. It's not really an issue unless there's a sustained speed difference or a sudden reduction in speed in 1 or both ends of the car.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Just watched the race. I don't think Massa getting in the way would have made any difference. As soon as Vettel was within 1 second the dirty air would have slowed him down anyway.

Maybe Liberty should forget about getting another race in America until they sort out the whole idea of passing in F1 first.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

It's pretty simple, the back end of his car went faster than the front end of his car. Normally you want them going roughly the same speed, but that didn't happen in this case. It's not really an issue unless there's a sustained speed difference or a sudden reduction in speed in 1 or both ends of the car.

Fascinating concept. I'm going to print this post and mail it to Lance before the next grand prix.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

Maybe Liberty should forget about getting another race in America until they sort out the whole idea of passing in F1 first.

Uh, alright.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Uh, alright.

It's like a post from the 00s. Has me nostalgic.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

He's a national embarassment and I profusely apologize for him on the behalf of all Canadians as such I am duty bound to follow him and point out how poo poo-gently caress he is at all times.

Please don't drag Osella driver Allen Berg into this.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
For the last time guys, a Kerb came out of nowhere attacking poor Lance!

Well, not likely the last time.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Why is everyone blaming Palmer for the airborne Grosjean incident? I saw Grosjean hit him first which unsettled Palmer's car and that caused him to spin back into Grosjean. Did I not actually see that happen?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think the argument is that Palmer turned in on Big John, though he didn't really have an option but to turn for the corner. I think more people would be blaming Grosjean if Palmer didn't have a history of being utterly poo poo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Grosjean had been alongside Palmer for quite some time heading into that corner.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

GutBomb posted:

Why is everyone blaming Palmer for the airborne Grosjean incident? I saw Grosjean hit him first which unsettled Palmer's car and that caused him to spin back into Grosjean. Did I not actually see that happen?

"I had the Sauber on the outside and had no-where to go" said Palmer.

You could have sat Putin and his unnecessary translator side-by-side in the gap between them. Entirely Palmer's fault, but will likely be ruled an incident anyway.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

"I had the Sauber on the outside and had no-where to go" said Palmer.

You could have sat Putin and his unnecessary translator side-by-side in the gap between them. Entirely Palmer's fault, but will likely be ruled an incident anyway.

It looked like he was speaking to Bernie directly but when it came time to talk to Chase he started using his translator.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wait, Hinch isn't American? Are there any Americans who are actually American? Next you'll tell me Romain Grosjean isn't American

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Next you'll tell me Romain Grosjean isn't American
I believe you will find that he is in fact the Gr8est American.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I do like the thread title changing, it's fun.

Ugh that was boring. I was on the couch all excited and watched the start and laid back and then.. wtf one lap to go? I must of nodded off.

I get sort of embarrassed for BoatAss when he is the center of attention, it's all so awkward.

Anyways, points is good, we're still on track. Seb looked a bit miffed in the green room, like 'how did you just gently caress off like that' and yes, Seb, we're all wondering the same thing. Anyways as long as BoatAss is able to take points away from the goblin, all is well.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hahahaha ok the highlight is in the ceremony the funny music for spray champange starts and all three drivers have an uncorked bottle in their hand but Putin is on the stage shaking hands and everyone loving waits.. pretty much like you never see.. for Putin to get the gently caress off the stage before spraying around the bubbly. You going to spray Putin? You first bro..

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Pastor actually won a race for Williams so imagine what he could do in the Mercedes.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

GutBomb posted:

I thought bigjohn was already into the corner, possibly almost to the apex and palmer turned into him. He was in the lead but the only thing grosjean could have done to avoid the crash would be to leave the track over some giant curbs.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Pastor actually won a race for Williams so imagine what he could do in the Mercedes.

Wreck backmarkers from behind?

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Im getting sick of hearing Brundle and Croft try to make excuses for Palmer. Pretty sure Brundle is a family friend or something.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Didn't someone say he was his manager?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

AgentJotun posted:

Im getting sick of hearing Brundle and Croft try to make excuses for Palmer. Pretty sure Brundle is a family friend or something.

He's British so Brundle is automatically gonna stick up for him but I swear someone mentioned that Brundle is not only his godfather but also his agent??

Approximately 1 1/2 minutes of googling I couldn't find anything to back that up.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

I thought bigjohn was already into the corner, possibly almost to the apex and palmer turned into him. He was in the lead but the only thing grosjean could have done to avoid the crash would be to leave the track over some giant curbs.

You're right, I watched it again and now I see it.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Robert Wickens is a cool and good Canadian who should be in F1 instead of that little troll.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

He's British so Brundle...

In fairness to Sky, they were pretty harsh on Lewis all race.
Also they've said nothing good about Palmer, they just haven't called him a useless waste of space.

Bring back Hunt.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hey lewis was certianly poois, wasn't he

second coming of Senna? nah

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

In fairness to Sky, they were pretty harsh on Lewis all race.
Also they've said nothing good about Palmer, they just haven't called him a useless waste of space.

Bring back Hunt.

I don't read The Worst Thread for nuance in opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
That was a good race.

Bryter posted:

Hamilton would've sprayed Putin

:dogge:

• Locked thread