Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Scorps posted:

Very end game question I'm getting my friends out of the Velvet Room now is there a save point at all soon? Thought I was going into a final boss at memento depth and not sure I can complete the entire game today.

Yep, there's a save point coming up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Scorps posted:

Very end game question I'm getting my friends out of the Velvet Room now is there a save point at all soon? Thought I was going into a final boss at memento depth and not sure I can complete the entire game today.

yeah you just need to work through the next story scene basically

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Scorps posted:

You've got another "dungeon" but it's pretty short, mostly just picking up a few nice pieces of armor and killing some minibosses.

Motto fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 30, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Scorps posted:

Immediately after doing that. Though the next dungeon is really short.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Ok perfect thanks, I just have a prior obligation I have to go to in the real world and then I'll be finishing it off tonight hopefully.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Scorps posted:

Ok perfect thanks, I just have a prior obligation I have to go to in the real world and then I'll be finishing it off tonight hopefully.
It's a shame you won't have time to finish the game today, since after that obligation you'll be very tired and will need to go straight to bed.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ROFL Octopus posted:

Here's a less dumb way to phrase it: Ann isn't showing up, everyone else still is. Didn't have this happen last playthrough. Anyone else encounter something like this?

Ann should only be available mid-June, I think. A quick search says June 15th.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ann should definitely be available long before June 15th, like she should be available right after you beat the 1st palace

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Ann's locked behind a level 2 Kindness stat is the thing. Whilst raising that isn't too tricky, I agree she should be available earlier.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

CharlestonJew posted:

Ann should definitely be available long before June 15th, like she should be available right after you beat the 1st palace

Yeah that's the weird part. I got her to like rank 5 or so and she stopped appearing. I didn't have this problem on my first playthrough.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can't stop listening to the OST, someone please help me

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

free basket of chips posted:

I can't stop listening to the OST, someone please help me

Same. But it's just me listening to the Second Awakening theme, which might be the song from the ost that I love the most

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ROFL Octopus posted:

Yeah that's the weird part. I got her to like rank 5 or so and she stopped appearing. I didn't have this problem on my first playthrough.

I think your party stops showing up if you're extremely close to a deadline?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

A week, to be specific.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i've seen them disappear much sooner than that

RME
Feb 20, 2012

if you reach the treasure but havent sent the card they get too antsy to hang out

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Endorph posted:

I was hanging out with Ryuji instead though, which is the weird part

Whatever, it's 6/12 and she deemed me worthy to talk to her again

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I started my ng+ run today and already had Ann at rank 8 by early June. I did finish both the 1st and 2nd palaces immediately if that helps?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
HERE LIES MISHIMA

HE NEVER SCORED

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

spit on my clit posted:

HERE LIES MISHIMA

HE NEVER SCORED

stay the hell away from my little sister, mishima

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

wizard on a water slide posted:

If you didn't have enough reasons to dislike him he just goes and does that.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I'm in early June and all my social stats are at their second rank (except guts because of course I'm gonna call that maid service), but I see people are already hanging with the weapons dealer. Am I supposed to be grinding these stats over hanging out with people?

Hearing about the charm stat roadblock with Makoto a couple pages back has be worried that I've ballsed up somewhere.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I'm in early June and all my social stats are at their second rank (except guts because of course I'm gonna call that maid service), but I see people are already hanging with the weapons dealer. Am I supposed to be grinding these stats over hanging out with people?

Hearing about the charm stat roadblock with Makoto a couple pages back has be worried that I've ballsed up somewhere.

It's impossible without new game plus, which sucks because the goddamn cat will talk about the bag every time you talk to Iwai until you have 4 guts.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

You want to spend some time getting stats up, but honestly don't worry too much about it.

If you have to beeline any stats, you eventually want Kindness at 4 and Proficiency at 5, since two party members have their SLs gated behind them. And Knowledge at 3 to start Makoto's and Charm 5 to finish it.

Also make sure to stop by the juice stand on Sundays (it's located right where you end up when you fast travel to the Underground Walkway) for a stat boost that doesn't take time. Using the bathhouse on Mondays and Thursdays and studying at the diner on rainy days is a nice way to get the most bang out of your buck if you don't have any SLs you really want to do those days.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 1, 2017

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

MechaSeinfeld posted:

If someone told you they had 4 guts by then on their first run, they are a filthy liar.

Guts was one of the hardest stats for me to raise. I must have eaten about 20 burgers.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

wizard on a water slide posted:

No Mishima keep trying, watching her burn you is hilarious to me.
Don't worry Mishima, I'll find somebody else for you. Mainly because I know if I don't you'll die alone and I like you juuuuuust enough to not want that to happen

- Ok, I have a doctor friend. How are you at ingesting strange chemicals for science?
- Hmmmm, I might be able to get Ohya drunk enough, but I also don't want her to die of alcohol poisoning.
- Chihaya? Nah, the cards will tell her a loser is approaching and she'll get the hell out of dodge.
- Miss Kawakami...gently caress you she's mine.
- Makoto....'s friend Eika. To be perfectly fair you're a drat sight better than her last boyfriend. Let's just hope she doesn't have a type. Or standards.
- Ann. You know Ann right? She's a model. Yeah you're right she's way too good for you.
- Haru? You know what this could work. Haru needs to work on being assertive and having a boyfriend she can push around could help.
- Hifumi. Sorry, I'm only at confidant level 6 with her so she isn't allowed to date yet. (she owes me).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

If someone told you they had 4 guts by then on their first run, they are a filthy liar.

Guts was one of the hardest stats for me to raise. I must have eaten about 20 burgers.

I'm curious how quickly you can chug Guts to rank 4 if you focused exclusively on that to the detriment of everything else. Burgers all week, stopping by Tae's every once in a while. Probably not the worst idea to raise Charm/Knowledge/Proficiency to 2 though so you can unlock the higher ranks of the Burger Challenge.

Anzen
Oct 21, 2010
It's possible to get Guts to rank 4 pretty early, I reached it by June 7th while following a Japanese max-confidant guide.

It involves chugging coffee at the diner a lot.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
hooray, i beat the game

now i can have a life and ambitions again, hooray

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

anime was right posted:

hooray, i beat the game

now i can have a life and ambitions again, hooray

Wait until the withdrawal sets in :smith:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm curious how quickly you can chug Guts to rank 4 if you focused exclusively on that to the detriment of everything else. Burgers all week, stopping by Tae's every once in a while. Probably not the worst idea to raise Charm/Knowledge/Proficiency to 2 though so you can unlock the higher ranks of the Burger Challenge.
I was able to beeline Charm 5 pretty quickly for that absurd gate, so I don't think Guts 4 would be that hard if you focus on the appropriate books, movies and DVDs. Might be doable by June?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I beelined for Charm early because of Makoto and I really think that did me in, in terms of finishing on time. I really have to believe that the people who said they did 100% S-link in NG while having three weeks to spare playing video games and without using a guide are exaggerating. As soon as Fortune unlocked, I dumped all my money in there and I used all the free stat-ups and held all the right personas and I still had three confidants unfinished. I don't know if I somehow lost a month compared to everyone else

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I beelined for Charm early because of Makoto and I really think that did me in, in terms of finishing on time. I really have to believe that the people who said they did 100% S-link in NG while having three weeks to spare playing video games and without using a guide are exaggerating. As soon as Fortune unlocked, I dumped all my money in there and I used all the free stat-ups and held all the right personas and I still had three confidants unfinished. I don't know if I somehow lost a month compared to everyone else

I think it's about efficient use of time. If you bumrush one stat you're missing out compared to only maximizing time. So just go to the bathhouse on Mondays/Thursdays, read the books, and make use of the free Charm points from Sun/Devil.

Guts and Proficiency are arguably the hardest to raise, because you have to go out of your way for Guts since Tae stops giving points about halfway through her link. Proficiency is the same with Iwai, and his link has a hefty stat gate so you won't get to it for a while.

Getting Temperance out of the way early to maximize night time is pretty important, I'd imagine.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Yusuke's text message speech on Medjed is loving hilarious. Best boy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

you were probably inefficient about raising your stats.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

For charm I bathed on Mondays and Thursdays.
When it rained I studied in the diner with either the guts or charm boosts.
I fed the plant every time for Kindness.
For proficiency I made tools with the free slot before bosses where that is literally the only thing you can do.
When none of these applied, I did the burger challenge, and I only read books when there was a seat on the train or a free period in class.

I'm pretty sure those are the most efficient ways to boost stats, no

Edit: Eh, it's not that big of a deal I guess, it gives me something to do in NG+. I would almost consider getting a platinum but there are a few that seem annoying, like the drinks and books

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 1, 2017

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Thanks guys. I completely forgot about the juice stand. Time to start chugging as much juice as my lithe high school body can handle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what about the sunday drink and writing the thieves logo on the blackboard

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Endorph posted:

what about the sunday drink and writing the thieves logo on the blackboard

:negative: I did neither of those, I'm such a failure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the only thing this game was lacking in was a funky student.