Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

KPC_Mammon posted:

Yeah, Raijin's Burst will provide nearly as much damage as Terra's OSB (if not more, due to shout) while providing a ton of healing and refilling most of the break bar. It is also significantly easier to use due to life siphon.

Terra without multiple 5* black magic hones is a trap. Getting those hones when you don't have more important stuff like two or three r3 lifesiphons plus a r2 wrath would also be a trap.
What?

I have Terra with her SSB/BSB/OSB, and I can pretty much just roll stuff with battleforged/wrath, which is especially good vs stuff with tougher weak modes or counters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Pander posted:

What?

I have Terra with her SSB/BSB/OSB, and I can pretty much just roll stuff with battleforged/wrath, which is especially good vs stuff with tougher weak modes or counters.

We were talking about a new player who is only tackling level 99 content: https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/mYya

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Well, looks like I should use Raijin since I have the bust. Good to know. Random question, how good are Cid and Kain for DPS duty as dragoons if I have both Soul Breaks that remove jump time? What are the best jumps right now?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

xanthan posted:

Well, looks like I should use Raijin since I have the bust. Good to know. Random question, how good are Cid and Kain for DPS duty as dragoons if I have both Soul Breaks that remove jump time? What are the best jumps right now?

Are you saying you have Kain's burst? If so, you absolutely should slot him in next to Raijin; you've already got two pieces of a great Lightning-based team. Cid is also good, but doesn't synergize nearly as well with Raijin due to his SBs being more wind-elemental themed. Either way, both are solid DPS if you have their BSBs, and still rather good if you don't.

Regardless of which dragoon you use, Lightning Dive is great, Dragoon Jump is almost as good (and is more reliable), but the single-hit elemental jumps at 3*/4* are pretty lackluster nowdays, they've been powercreeped into obsolescence and are mostly around for hitting weakness. Dragoons will definitely be better off with Combat skills or their SBs until you can start crafting 5* skills; I think the only dragoon that doesn't also have at least Combat 4 is Freya.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
How are Tempest Snipe and Guardbringer? I just remembered that we got them during this event, but I don't remember hearing anything about their usefulness at all.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Uncle Ulty posted:

How are Tempest Snipe and Guardbringer? I just remembered that we got them during this event, but I don't remember hearing anything about their usefulness at all.

They're both pretty good; Tempest Snipe is probably the best DPS machinist skill (and both Reno's BSB and Mustadio's BSB coming tonight synergize amazingly with it) and Guardbringer is basically a stronger version of the first command on Warrior of Light's BSB - a holy elemental attack that gains more hits the higher your defense is.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Finally managed to get my game working via the uninstall -> reboot phone -> download and log-in with a VPN -> disable VPN and play normally method.

I may or may not have enough time to finish the XI event before it poofs :x

But yeah, given that the VPN thing seems to be the most reliable solution, the official advice includes "try downloading it somewhere with a better connection", and multiplayer is one of the triggers causing people to hit the BSOD, the issue has to be something to do with hosed up network stuff. I really hope they figure it out, fix it soon, and either extend the current content or compensate those of us who were hit by it, especially for those people who can't get the VPN solution to work.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I recently upgraded my home network, and if I try to use FFRK on 5ghz, it causes horrible loading lag and random disconnects. It's the only game or app on my new phone that has had any such issues. FFRK netcode :shrug:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Guardbringer is the best knight DPS, full stop, if you can get it to 4 hits, which you probably can if you can field wall OR you have a bsb that provides sentinel.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

victrix posted:

I recently upgraded my home network, and if I try to use FFRK on 5ghz, it causes horrible loading lag and random disconnects. It's the only game or app on my new phone that has had any such issues. FFRK netcode :shrug:

Final Fantasy Record Keeper: It's a loving miracle it works at all.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think I need to quit while I'm ahead, because of the three actual relics I got from dollar draws, two have them have been OSBs. I am slightly bitter about Orlandeau the murder machine coming in and making my other holy dudes look bad though. :smith:

victrix posted:

Is that what it is? I've been trying to figure out why MP sometimes runs like poo poo for me.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Did an 11-pull because hey, only have 1 dupe the banner, tge Grand Armor, and four rainbows popped up!

Grand Armor
Grand Armor
Grand Armor
Orlandu's Cloak

Wow, gently caress you too, game

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I think I need to quit while I'm ahead, because of the three actual relics I got from dollar draws, two have them have been OSBs. I am slightly bitter about Orlandeau the murder machine coming in and making my other holy dudes look bad though. :smith:

Is that what it is? I've been trying to figure out why MP sometimes runs like poo poo for me.

Just max out the Saintly Excalibur and never take it off him then reveal in his ability to obliterate everything that isn't holy&lightning resistant/immune.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

U-DO Burger posted:

Did an 11-pull because hey, only have 1 dupe the banner, tge Grand Armor, and four rainbows popped up!

Grand Armor
Grand Armor
Grand Armor
Orlandu's Cloak

I mean, it could have been a fourth Grand Armor

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Been trying a few things and if I basically cheese it with Cid Raines, I can sort of do 110 difficulties. I was able to do 120 difficulty on the last event but it was a tight squeeze. The jump in difficulty seems drastic.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Just curious are you using protectga and shellga and maybe even an RW wall? This game at the high end is all about mitigating damage.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I beat the Tactics CM with Ovelia dead and Delita in critical health.

Appropriate.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
First ever Ult++ :toot:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Did a pull against my better judgement since I wanted another shot at Cid's OSB.

Two Grand Armors :/

Not dupes thankfully, and at least I've got a medica of sorts for Tactics now, but ugh, that was like the least interesting thing on the banner for me. It sounds like this game really fuckin' loves dumping Grand Armors on people.

edit: v- :argh:

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 1, 2017

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Debated about pulling, there's a lot of interesting stuff coming up, but I really only have Ramza's Shout and Tailwind and TG Cid's burst for Tactics, so even though I use those two all the time, I could still use some help in this realm. And I really wanted TG Cid's OSB to pair with his burst.

WOW. I'm super pumped about Mustadio, he's one of my favorite FFT playable characters, more so due to gameplay than plot. He's only got three skills, but they are VERY useful skills. Plus I really like the animation on his hyperbreak.
:feelsgood:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I have a soft spot for Tailwind because it was my first Medica and got me through the ridiculous opening of U+ Bartz.

It's also my only dupe on this banner, but I have Steiner/Vivi saving plans to Cloud USB/Fest saving...

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I'm probably going to throw a pull at Squall's BSB, but other than that I think I'm just saving for Extreme Fest from now on. It sounds like Cloud's USB is better as an RW anyway, and I have native Shout / Wall / OK's BSB, so I can afford to do that. Though I also have Cloud's en-wind and OSB, so it's not like having to bring him along for his USB would be a terrible burden, either...

Gah, everything was so much easier when they were just throwing mythril at us left and right for the anniversary. Does Extreme Fest come with a bunch of free mythril too?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Ugh, never chase. I wasn't gonna pull but the siren song of TG Cid tempted me too much.

100 mithril later, I got a Grand Armor and Mustadio's old gun. Yay penta break, I guess, but drat.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
50 pull missed Orlandeau's OSB, landed on his BSB instead, which was enough defense to allow Ramza to stop loving dying in the U+ to let me master that after an evening of trying.

A good day.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

U-DO Burger posted:

Grand Armor
Grand Armor
Grand Armor
Orlandu's Cloak

Mate, my one dupe was lambent hat, and I sure as poo poo went 1/11 lambent hat.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

1/11
Mustadio's pentabreakgun SSB.

I'm good with that. I needed a pentabreak, and I dodged 3 dupes. I've had the devil's own luck in avoiding dupes.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
After 2 miserable banner 1 pulls, my single banner 2 pull netted me Mustadio's bsb and 2 of Orlandeau's ssb swords. Not bad.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Wow, I never thought I'd see the day a level 79 Barret would legitimately carry an Apoc difficulty raid, much less Apoc+.

Satellite Beam Spam + two Rafa BSBs + OK BSB results in utterly ridiculous AOE dps. also three tyros and a Y'sh that mostly stood around and blocked CC/walled.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
"You dumbfuks bring 90+ OSBs!!"

The title of a raid party. Somehow I think Belias will give a lot of trouble to people who overvalue Overstrikes.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
Good news! https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/68kigq/according_to_dena_support_the_events_will_be/

They intend to extend the XI and Raid events to make up for the log-in issues after the maintenance!

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

KataraniSword posted:

Are you saying you have Kain's burst? If so, you absolutely should slot him in next to Raijin; you've already got two pieces of a great Lightning-based team. Cid is also good, but doesn't synergize nearly as well with Raijin due to his SBs being more wind-elemental themed. Either way, both are solid DPS if you have their BSBs, and still rather good if you don't.

Regardless of which dragoon you use, Lightning Dive is great, Dragoon Jump is almost as good (and is more reliable), but the single-hit elemental jumps at 3*/4* are pretty lackluster nowdays, they've been powercreeped into obsolescence and are mostly around for hitting weakness. Dragoons will definitely be better off with Combat skills or their SBs until you can start crafting 5* skills; I think the only dragoon that doesn't also have at least Combat 4 is Freya.

Wish I had Kain's burst, just have his super. Do have Cid's but also have his super that removes jump delay. Guess I'll try them out after I can home some skills.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

xanthan posted:

Wish I had Kain's burst, just have his super. Do have Cid's but also have his super that removes jump delay. Guess I'll try them out after I can home some skills.

Kain's ssb is still pretty decent. Bring lifesiphon over wyvern's blood and then pop his ssb before using a 5* jump. It's pretty solid damage, better than just using wyvern's and the jump alone.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
WHAT....is the best six star ability, for me to make

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Reraise

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Ultima.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Farg posted:

WHAT....is the best six star ability, for me to make

Melt down.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Guardbringer is the best knight DPS, full stop, if you can get it to 4 hits, which you probably can if you can field wall OR you have a bsb that provides sentinel.

Just quoting this to say yep, it's real good. Best non-dragoon physical 5* ability by a pretty wide margin, and it's trivially easy to get the 4th attack.

If only I had enough holy orbs to hone it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Finally got a relic off a dollar pull and it's Mustadio's hyperbreak, that's pretty good, right?

Edit: how is Mustadio when compared with my current support gunner, Sazh with his BSB?

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 1, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Combo posted:

Just curious are you using protectga and shellga and maybe even an RW wall? This game at the high end is all about mitigating damage.

Yes, and reading Dr MOG suggestions and changing party accordingly. I don't have a personal wall, and will pull it from RW if it helps. I think it's just an issue with exp. 99+ seems to require 65+ characters to be safe simply out of stat pools (enough base def/res) and most of the characters I have are 1-50, for the team I'm working with at least. It's getting better though. I just need more xp orbs in a shorter period of time than currently lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Finally got a relic off a dollar pull and it's Mustadio's hyperbreak, that's pretty good, right?

Edit: how is Mustadio when compared with my current support gunner, Sazh with his BSB?
Pentabreak good, Sazh better. You might be able to fit both into the same party though

• Locked thread