Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

He's a troll, ignore him.

he literally registered an account to be mean in this thread and is almost definitely dark juno

Rorrschach
Apr 26, 2017

by Smythe

Ainsley McTree posted:

he literally registered an account to be mean in this thread and is almost definitely dark juno

Yes I am Dark Juno and no, I made this account so I could view GBS threads.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hey this game is pretty cool right

I've gotta say, after running through Imperial Balmorra four times it was very satisfying to finally kill Darth Lachris as the Consular.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
So loving called it

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Between playing swtor and paying for ANOTHER sa account Juno is ultra good and spending his money poorly

Speaking of spending my money poorly, what's up with character transfer costs? I shifted one for free yesterday, then another today for 90 cc. Does it go up, or is it like gas where it just fluctuates at random?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

HebrewMagic posted:

Between playing swtor and paying for ANOTHER sa account Juno is ultra good and spending his money poorly

Speaking of spending my money poorly, what's up with character transfer costs? I shifted one for free yesterday, then another today for 90 cc. Does it go up, or is it like gas where it just fluctuates at random?

You get one free transfer with a referral link click, then 90cc (which is technically down from like 800cc perpetually "on sale")

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Righteous, thanks pal.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Running log for THIS EASY CONTEST YOU SHOULD ALL BE ENTERING FOR SWEET LOOT.

Coldforge AKA Dashkin

Sun Wu Kampf AKA SaberoFred (also formerly Troika)

HebrewMagic AKA Sakarian

Turbl AKA Possums

Moreau AKA Glabus

Preechr AKA Parella

Medullah's right, you guys need to put some :effort: in but he also wants me to give you all until at least 8th May for this now. That's a week left.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So good news, got my new PC working and up and running. There seems to be some known issues with SWTOR and Windows 10 with the latest updates (Because of course) but works pretty neat.

I started tooling around with the built in game video capturing, which is really easy to use. Recorded these for anyone that is looking for some quick CXP points from Planetary missions - Ziost weekly in 9 minutes and Black Hole (Imperial, with stealth) in 14 minutes. No sound on Ziost because I forgot to check that box. No judging my UI, there's still some trimming needed there with the new PC.

Edit - I already did the actual Weekly missions for these so they weren't included in the mission rewards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEk4UCdjypU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyWGSvzhj84

Medullah fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 1, 2017

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
I spent a while trying to figure out if the 2-cull or 3-cull virulence rotation works better and 3-cull came ahead very slightly. I guess the margin would be better with crit augments since even the regular 3-cull rotation is too energy-starved without better equipment.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dmboogie posted:

hey this game is pretty cool right

:yeah:

I wanna play again but dont have the time. :/

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh neat, we'll be able to have an Iokath obelisk follow us around soon. Perhaps the best pet?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Promethium posted:

I spent a while trying to figure out if the 2-cull or 3-cull virulence rotation works better and 3-cull came ahead very slightly. I guess the margin would be better with crit augments since even the regular 3-cull rotation is too energy-starved without better equipment.

3 Cull has been the standard "top DPS" rotation since 3.0 at least, but it requires finesse to pull it off properly. I haven't played my Sniper too much since 5.0 launched but I generally stuck with 2 cull even when I was doing Hard Modes since it was more reliable and the DPS increase for 3 Cull wasn't enough to make me sweat my timing.

If you decide you want to upgrade your gear, I can make a bunch of 234/240 stuff if you provide the mats. Same goes for Augments.

(Might be slightly outdated)

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
I love you all.

Well most of you.

http://dulfy.net/2017/05/01/swtor-upcoming-cartel-market-items-from-patch-5-2-1/

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Could you kindly punch the dude/dudette responsible for hairstyles? It's bad enough I have to see this hipster haircut all over the gym, now in my space game too?

This is amazing, and I assume the flourish is it going from horizontal to vertical. :D

This one I thought was a robot arm giving a thumb's up.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

Could you kindly punch the dude/dudette responsible for hairstyles? It's bad enough I have to see this hipster haircut all over the gym, now in my space game too?

This is amazing, and I assume the flourish is it going from horizontal to vertical. :D

The flourish is not that exactly, but it is cool.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

The flourish is not that exactly, but it is cool.

You're doing Space-God's work, Mr. Durden.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Holy crap new hairstyles!!

I like the blaster rifle and the worn grip wrap on the saber. New crystal color looks pretty nice too.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

What about the lazy slobs who still haven't entered the SUPER EASY CONTEST to win your fabulous prizes? Do you love them?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Aleth posted:

What about the lazy slobs who still haven't entered the SUPER EASY CONTEST to win your fabulous prizes? Do you love them?

No.

Not even a little bit.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
How does the Twitch Prime thing work?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Colonial Air Force posted:

How does the Twitch Prime thing work?

It's free with Amazon Prime.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Yes, I have it. I meant, how do I get the free thing?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh I don't think it's out yet

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

It's free with Amazon Prime.

Are you telling me there is a service where you have to pay to watch people play video games now?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Are you telling me there is a service where you have to pay to watch people play video games now?

No, but you can pay to subscribe to certain streams which then gives those streamers money.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

And speak of the devil, info on the Twitch Prime promotion

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Sweet! A new walker!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Sweet! A new walker!

It gets satellite tv, too! I can finally ditch cable.

Love the rotation animation.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sweet! A new walker!

Extra free boosted character too. Not a bad free pile of loot.

If anyone doesn't have Amazon Prime people are posting codes on Reddit if you want to try and be the first to get it.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
What were the Celebrations codes? One for a Korrealis and another for a droid pet I think.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have Prime and a subscriber account already, am I screwed on getting the walker?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

I have Prime and a subscriber account already, am I screwed on getting the walker?

Why would you be?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Coldforge posted:

It gets satellite tv, too! I can finally ditch cable.

Love the rotation animation.

Thanks! I had a lot of fun building that. Hope you all who get it enjoy that walker.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FYI there is a sale going right now, 50% off unlocking items in collections.

For those that don't know - most Cartel Items you buy and use on a character are added to their personal collection, so they can reclaim them at any time. For an additional amount of cartel coins (400,240,60 depending on rarity) you can unlock the items account wide. Right now those costs are 200,120 and 30.

I've said it many times in this thread - unlocking items in collections can *only* be done with cartel coins, so it's a good time to unlock a few mounts/armor/whatever if you have some coins floating around.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

FYI there is a sale going right now, 50% off unlocking items in collections.

For those that don't know - most Cartel Items you buy and use on a character are added to their personal collection, so they can reclaim them at any time. For an additional amount of cartel coins (400,240,60 depending on rarity) you can unlock the items account wide. Right now those costs are 200,120 and 30.

I've said it many times in this thread - unlocking items in collections can *only* be done with cartel coins, so it's a good time to unlock a few mounts/armor/whatever if you have some coins floating around.

Some are cheaper than they should be and some are more expensive. Here.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Some are cheaper than they should be and some are more expensive. Here.

Oh snap I need to see how many of them 1 credit ones I have.

Might use my Resplendent Crown that's been sitting waiting to be sold forever.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

nonentity posted:

Thanks! I had a lot of fun building that. Hope you all who get it enjoy that walker.

A+

Since we're talking about collections, any idea why the droid/beast companion customizations aren't listed or (more importantly) unlockable in collections? It's very annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Coldforge posted:

A+

Since we're talking about collections, any idea why the droid/beast companion customizations aren't listed or (more importantly) unlockable in collections? It's very annoying.

Because they aren't cartel items. They're bought off a vendor.

• Locked thread