Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Hahaha. Nice reaction time there actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
[richmond.gif]

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
So can someone give me an objective view of the Tigers/Crows game?

I saw the Tigs pressure looked fantastic in the first but from that point it wasn't so much the Tigers being awful (gif excluded) as much as Adelaide having the ball twice as much as the Tigers and absolutely pressuring the poo poo out of Tigers into making mistakes anytime they were able to get their hands on it.
(Although Josh Caddy was loving horrible)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
My view is that the tigers have played three teams who will be fighting it out for the bottom six, west coast who are pathetic at the mcg, and were well beaten by us until being two talls down since before half time finally took its toll.

They were the coyote that looked down sometime after quarter time and realised they'd run out of cliff.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

pkid posted:

So can someone give me an objective view of the Tigers/Crows game?

I saw the Tigs pressure looked fantastic in the first but from that point it wasn't so much the Tigers being awful (gif excluded) as much as Adelaide having the ball twice as much as the Tigers and absolutely pressuring the poo poo out of Tigers into making mistakes anytime they were able to get their hands on it.
(Although Josh Caddy was loving horrible)

Yeah, I'd like a pro take on this too. The Tigers looked slick as hell in the first quarter and then fell apart almost immediately. I understand why they lost defensively, but there were so many blind idiotic bombs into 50 and so many lapses the Crows capitalized on. I wonder if it was the Crows responding to some structural set-up at quarter time or if the Tigers burst in with an attacking style they didn't have the skill to sustain.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Adelaide are an objectively good team and Richmond are an objectively meh team.

It's just that with frustratingly predicable consistency Adelaide will inexplicably take a break for one of the four quarters of every goddamn game, and when it's the first quarter it's much more noticeable.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

markgreyam posted:

Adelaide are an objectively good team and Richmond are an objectively meh team.

It's just that with frustratingly predicable consistency Adelaide will inexplicably take a break for one of the four quarters of every goddamn game, and when it's the first quarter it's much more noticeable.

If your biggest problem is only dominating three quarters instead of four you're going ok.

Anyway I missed the second half because I was at the last half hour of the Melbourne Victory game but it looks like the same old Richmond story to me - go missing completely as soon as the whips crack. As soon as the going gets tough their on-field leaders disappear

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at Geelong

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Volkerball posted:

Lol at Geelong

Its always collingwood. They are kryptonite.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
We finally appointed a new CEO! Praise the light.

afl.com.au posted:

HAWTHORN has announced that Tracey Gaudry will be the club's new chief executive officer.

Tracey Gaudry is a highly accomplished leader whose executive and non-executive career spans national and international roles in sport.

She is a former professional athlete, dual Olympian and currently the General Manager – Commercial and Growth at Athletics Australia, Vice President of the world governing body for the sport of cycling, the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) and a contributor to the International Olympic Committee on gender inclusion.

Prior to her role at Athletics Australia, Gaudry was the Chief Executive Officer at the Amy Gillett Foundation for five years.

Most recently, Gaudry was instrumental in the creation of the world-first Nitro Athletics series, which transformed athletics into a team format and brought some of the world’s most exciting track and field athletes, including Usain Bolt, to Melbourne earlier this year.

Gaudry was a professional cyclist for seven years, ranked third in the world at her peak, before moving into executive roles.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
some saints board member told some bloke who told his neighbour who told karl langdon/brad hardy/generic idiot WA footy personality down at the pub that fyfe is definitely going to sign with st kilda

to quote: “He can’t sign yet but it’s basically a done deal and he is going to St Kilda."

can you imagine being the sort of person who just makes up bullshit just to see if the media bites?

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Well, they're biting.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

snaeksikn posted:

some saints board member told some bloke who told his neighbour who told karl langdon/brad hardy/generic idiot WA footy personality down at the pub that fyfe is definitely going to sign with st kilda

to quote: “He can’t sign yet but it’s basically a done deal and he is going to St Kilda."

can you imagine being the sort of person who just makes up bullshit just to see if the media bites?

And apparently on $1.5m a year too

quote:

A Perth radio station has claimed Brownlow Medal winner Nat Fyfe has agreed to a multimillion-dollar deal to play with St Kilda from next AFL season.

Fremantle Dockers have declined to comment on the veracity of the claim, attributed to a loose-lipped Saints board member.

Brad Fitzgerald, co-host of the Carmen & Fitzi program on WA-based radio station 96FM, said he had a "massive scoop" on the future of the 2015 Brownlow medallist.

"The offer is worth $1.5 million a season and it is - as far as legally wise - it's virtually accepted," Fitzgerald said on Monday morning.

"He can't sign yet but it's basically a done deal and he is going to St Kilda."

Fitzgerald said he had been told the news by a Saints executive.

"I can't name names but this has come from a high-ranking board member of St Kilda," he said.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

There is no doubt we are into him massively but I am very sceptical of the "source".

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum posted:

There is no doubt we are into him massively but I am very sceptical of the "source".

It would be easier to list the clubs that aren't massively into cowdude tbh

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The source is probably bigfooty. The $1.5m for 5 years idea to get Fyfe has been thrown around for months on there.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

The source is probably bigfooty. The $1.5m for 5 years idea to get Fyfe has been thrown around for months on there.

Bigfooty is where the hacks that comprise footy media get 90% of their ideas

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

Bigfooty is where the hacks that comprise footy media get 90% of their ideas

It's where their research interns get ideas, footy media hacks don't do any actual work of their own

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

It's where their research interns get ideas, footy media hacks don't do any actual work of their own

If you don't call getting drunk by 9am a good days work you're not a real Australian

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It being such a credible story its reported on a lovely Perth commercial breakfast radio program, not say an oracle of truth such as Damien Barrett

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Melbourne has a better record at Etihad than the MCG this year

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Spedman posted:

It being such a credible story its reported on a lovely Perth commercial breakfast radio program, not say an oracle of truth such as Damien Barrett

If... Damien Barrett reported it

Then... it'd be credible?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

It would be easier to list the clubs that aren't massively into cowdude tbh

True but I dare say we would be one of the few who could afford 1.5 a year for him AND be in a position on the ladder* to be an attractive destination.

*hopefully.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why would he go to St Kilda? Do they even have anyone there worth a poo poo aside from an ancient Riewoldt?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Volkerball posted:

Why would he go to St Kilda? Do they even have anyone there worth a poo poo aside from an ancient Riewoldt?

St Kilda have Jack

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Excuse me, St Kilda has future five time Brownlow medalist Blake Acres (pbuh)

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I'm not sure of the positives other than money for Fyfe for going to St Kilda:

- Playing in front of smaller crowds
- Training facilities nowhere near as good as Freo's new headquarters
- Less money for coaching etc
- Less financially stable club
- Separation from family and friends

St Kilda are further down the redevelopment path, but getting Fyfe in would probably hinder that as St Kilda would have to give up their first rounders next year to get him.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Josh Bruce is alright

Spedman posted:

St Kilda are further down the redevelopment path, but getting Fyfe in would probably hinder that as St Kilda would have to give up their first rounders next year to get him.

He's a free agent, albeit restricted. Dockers are still spending too much from a couple years ago imo, they can be beaten by salary.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 1, 2017

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Volkerball posted:

By worth a poo poo do you mean in a trade or in general?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Fyfe to geelong I reckon.

Mainly so he can live in Torquay and surf bells beach all the time, nothing to do with footy.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

boy undead posted:

Excuse me, St Kilda has future five time Brownlow medalist Blake Acres (pbuh)

Don't forget Jack Billings.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Periphery posted:

By worth a poo poo do you mean in a trade or in general?

In general.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Volkerball posted:

In general.

Jack Steven is one of the best mids in the comp.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Josh Bruce is alright

He's a free agent, albeit restricted. Dockers are still spending too much from a couple years ago imo, they can be beaten by salary.

From all reports Freo should be able to match any bid that's not insane, I think the issue with Fyfe is Freo need to make the case that Freo is best place for him for every reason other than salary.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
i hope gws challenge greene's suspension, lose and he gets rubbed out for the full 3 weeks

Narc
Feb 3, 2005
[video][/video]

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Watching AFL360.. is Slobbo ALWAYS this terrible?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Narc posted:

[video][/video]

Try again, friend!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Nutsngum posted:

Watching AFL360.. is Slobbo ALWAYS this terrible?

Yes, it's comical how hard he has to try to put a sentence together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Spedman posted:

Yes, it's comical how hard he has to try to put a sentence together

loving hell, I think he just referred to Stewart Lowe as being a 2 time brownlow medallist. Obviously thinking of Robert Harvey but jesus christ..

• Locked thread