Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

what about the sunday drink and writing the thieves logo on the blackboard

the what drink

anime was right posted:

the only thing this game was lacking in was a funky student.

the main character is a funky student

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I only got guts to proc once off the blackboard.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The book trophy is easy. There aren't any missable books, although you do need to do to the following things at least once:

- Batting cages
- Fishing
- Play a video game

Fortunately there's nothing like the Polyland flag in P4.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

spit on my clit posted:

the what drink

Every Sunday you can get juice in the Shibuya Underground (5000 yen) which will raise a specific stat by +1. The drinks don't switch off until you buy the one listed.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

anime was right posted:

the only thing this game was lacking in was a funky student.

Have you not read the SMT thread? ALL the students are funky in this one. Except Mishima.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

TheLoser posted:

Have you not read the SMT thread? ALL the students are funky in this one. Except Mishima.

Mishima's negative Funky.

Fortunately, the rest of the cast still manage to make the net Funky positive.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

TheLoser posted:

https://twitter.com/mekky_/status/802425139761594368

Edit: Persona 5 Dancing All Night cannot come soon enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl552rK8Sjo

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 1, 2017

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

corn on the cop posted:

Every Sunday you can get juice in the Shibuya Underground (5000 yen) which will raise a specific stat by +1. The drinks don't switch off until you buy the one listed.

Yeah that's insanely helpful, though it can be easy to forget because sometimes you'll only have the evening to go there or whatever. Still, my friend ended up missing like one level in one link, and he probably could have made it if he did this.

The plant nutrients are fantastic too.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
One thing I like about the P5 Good/Bad Ending Decision:

They don't ask you to choose who you think is the traitor unlike P4. Because it's so blindingly obvious, and everyone else also figures it out at that point. Not only is it better thematically (P4 is all about finding the truth, while P5 is just Screw The Police), but it also shows how much more competent the P5 cast is.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

One thing I like about the P5 Good/Bad Ending Decision:

They don't ask you to choose who you think is the traitor unlike P4. Because it's so blindingly obvious, and everyone else also figures it out at that point. Not only is it better thematically (P4 is all about finding the truth, while P5 is just Screw The Police), but it also shows how much more competent the P5 cast is.

Even better is when you have the choice to sell out your fellow Thieves, and then your Confidants, but when Sae asks if Goro was on your team all your responses amount to a very pointed, "No. He wasn't."

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really love that Akechi being the traitor isn't at all the twist. It's not another "who's the killer?" from Persona 4. The twist isn't that Akechi is the traitor--every player knows that well before that moment--but that the Phantom Thieves also figured out long before and set him up. It's really satisfying and fun and felt really appropriate for Persona 5 in particular.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Just completing the game, just rounding 81 hours. Fantastic stuff from a first time SMT/Persona player. I'm super pissed I maxed all confidants except Haru rank 8 but I feel like I will do a NG+ run for sure and possibly attempt the plat.

Thanks for all the help, don't think I've ever played a game this long before it occupied pretty much my entire April and I loved every minute of it.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

I think the dude who does Questionable Content is playing a lot of Persona 5 these days. I feel like I've seen this hairstyle/shirt combo somewhere before...

Lost opportunity - The hat does not say "Get Smoked"

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3471

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I'm about to hit November and I feel like I completely hosed up my confidants and only have a few at 10 and I feel like I ruined everything.

How many free days do I have left, anyway? Like 20? I think I heard 11/19 is when poo poo hits the fan and railroads you into the end? Fuckin' half of october was forced sleeping.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 1, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So, on looking up the bad endings after getting the true ending, the only one they gave for Shido was if you blow it off entirely, Akechi arrests you himself.

What happens if Akechi already ate a bullet but you didn't go back to the ship?

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 1, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sankis posted:

I'm about to hit November and I feel like I completely hosed up my confidants and only have a few at 10 and I feel like I ruined everything.

How many free days do I have left, anyway? Like 20? I think I heard 11/19 is when poo poo hits the fan and railroads you into the end? Fuckin' half of october was forced sleeping.

You have more free days than you think. Your spoiler is only half true--you're not railroaded at all at that point, or not more than usual. There'll be a few days of plot stuff but then you can run around freely again. The last free day is 12/17. Well, actually you have one more day after that on 12/23.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Harrow posted:

I really love that Akechi being the traitor isn't at all the twist. It's not another "who's the killer?" from Persona 4. The twist isn't that Akechi is the traitor--every player knows that well before that moment--but that the Phantom Thieves also figured out long before and set him up. It's really satisfying and fun and felt really appropriate for Persona 5 in particular.

Yeah that was brilliant. That might put them over the edge to being my favorite persona cast, though it could be because I'm still in the honeymoon phase. Still, get dunked on Akechi.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
my only gripe with the cast is haru didnt appear soon enough tbh

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Might want to spoiler that my man

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

Yeah that was brilliant. That might put them over the edge to being my favorite persona cast, though it could be because I'm still in the honeymoon phase. Still, get dunked on Akechi.

Yeah, I think they're my favorite, too. Part of it is that I kinda feel like Persona 5 was a Persona game made to appeal specifically to me, but I thought the game did a lot of great stuff with the cast. I know some people have said they didn't feel like they came together as a group as well as the P4 cast but I don't really agree. The only one who never really felt fully integrated was Haru--she should've been introduced earlier, because she's great but just doesn't get enough time.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

I think youre in the wrong thread and you should REALLY edit this out

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Harrow posted:

Yeah, I think they're my favorite, too. Part of it is that I kinda feel like Persona 5 was a Persona game made to appeal specifically to me, but I thought the game did a lot of great stuff with the cast. I know some people have said they didn't feel like they came together as a group as well as the P4 cast but I don't really agree. The only one who never really felt fully integrated was Haru--she should've been introduced earlier, because she's great but just doesn't get enough time.

Yeah agreed. I was thinking of rectifying that slightly by going her romance route the second time, but that's if I can get over Joker not being with his canon girlfriend and future wife Makoto.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

Yeah agreed. I was thinking of rectifying that slightly by going her romance route the second time, but that's if I can get over Joker not being with his canon girlfriend and future wife Makoto.

:yeah:

I almost never romance anyone new on a replay of these games. Makoto is 100% canon and the One True Best Girl so I'm sure Joker will be dating her again whenever I play through another time.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I am trying to complete my compendium and I am stuck at 98%. I have fused all the special fusions and there appears to be no blank space in the list so any idea on what I could be missing?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Are you NG or NG+?

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Assuming you got Satanael?

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

ROFL Octopus posted:

I was pretty annoyed at how late Haru comes in as well. If (When) they do a golden style remake, more time developing Haru is my number one wish. I never even finished her S.Link because her required stat was my last to level. I had already been dating makoto for a while anyway, so there was no way I would have thought to choose her. Well, I guess that is what NG+ is for.

Anzen
Oct 21, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

So I am trying to complete my compendium and I am stuck at 98%. I have fused all the special fusions and there appears to be no blank space in the list so any idea on what I could be missing?

Did you get all the treasure demons? There are 2 exclusive to Mementos.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
NG+ and yes I have the secret persona.

Edit: And I got every treasure demon.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Harrow posted:

You have more free days than you think. Your spoiler is only half true--you're not railroaded at all at that point, or not more than usual. There'll be a few days of plot stuff but then you can run around freely again. The last free day is 12/17. Well, actually you have one more day after that on 12/23.

Is there a situation like in Persona 4 where once you finish the final dungeon it skips to the ending? Or can I finish the final palace quickly and gently caress about like usual?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Hunt11 posted:

NG+ and yes I have the secret persona.

Edit: And I got every treasure demon.

Everything on here?

https://chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/#/list

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Harrow posted:

:yeah:

I almost never romance anyone new on a replay of these games. Makoto is 100% canon and the One True Best Girl so I'm sure Joker will be dating her again whenever I play through another time.

MrAptronym posted:

I was pretty annoyed at how late Haru comes in as well. If (When) they do a golden style remake, more time developing Haru is my number one wish. I never even finished her S.Link because her required stat was my last to level. I had already been dating makoto for a while anyway, so there was no way I would have thought to choose her. Well, I guess that is what NG+ is for.

Just told Ann she has the others again :smith:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

ROFL Octopus posted:

Just told Ann she has the others again :smith:

Ann's "the others" is Rise's "hug"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

Ann's "the others" is Rise's "hug"

Ann at least takes it in stride. Haru is the one who gets crushed.

And if you made Futaba cry on Valentine's Day then a terrible karmic judgement awaits you.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
How much money am I going to want coming out of Palace 3 if I want to go whole hog on Temperance and Fortune? I haven't started Fortune yet.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

DalaranJ posted:

How much money am I going to want coming out of Palace 3 if I want to go whole hog on Temperance and Fortune? I haven't started Fortune yet.

Fortune is 100k to start so you'll probably want a decent chunk above that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Make sure to sell your treasures, I always forgot about that

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I am missing Shiva but none of the fusion recipies they give seem to work.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

I am missing Shiva but none of the fusion recipies they give seem to work.

Baron/Rangda should always work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Saagonsa posted:

Baron/Rangda should always work?

I had forgotten about that combo completely.