Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Dad's regular oatmeal are better anyways

loving chocolate chips making GBS threads up a cookie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

quote:

All-in-all, this was a bad gaffe by Clark that she and the Liberals made worse by making stuff up. With just over one week to go before voting day May 9, it makes me wonder if the Liberals are getting worried.
Probably not since they're going to win a last minute mega-majority (that's all 87 seats plus several as of yet undiscovered ridings hidden away in the interior)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lmoa the sheer anger over cookies

Graft and corruption at every level of government? Eh, not my problem. One of my preferred consumer brands was discontinued? Call the generals, we're hunting down those goddamn cookies.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Funkdreamer posted:

Probably not since they're going to win a last minute mega-majority (that's all 87 seats plus several as of yet undiscovered ridings hidden away in the interior)

With the nonexistent state of polling and how shockingly dull and quiet this election has been I could imagine this happening. I have absolutely no sense of how this election is trending.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Femtosecond posted:

With the nonexistent state of polling and how shockingly dull and quiet this election has been I could imagine this happening. I have absolutely no sense of how this election is trending.

Someone on twitter was talking about a tied poll today with the Greens at 20% but it wasn't clear if that was BC or the Island or what, and then they never backed it up. It wouldn't surprise me.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

vyelkin posted:

Graft and corruption at every level of government? Eh, not my problem. One of my preferred consumer brands was discontinued? Call the generals, we're hunting down those goddamn cookies.

Cookies are tangible, some overprivileged rear end in a top hat mismanaging your tax dollars is not

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Well thc says that MPs are entitled to free vacations paid for by housing NGOs what kind of monsters are you

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

MikeSevigny posted:

Someone on twitter was talking about a tied poll today with the Greens at 20% but it wasn't clear if that was BC or the Island or what, and then they never backed it up. It wouldn't surprise me.

Given how the insane state of housing continues to be in the news every day it should be impossible for the BC Liberals hold onto some of their more tenuously held Metro Vancouver ridings let alone pick up new ones, however if the NDP utterly fail on their get out the vote strategy and renters and unhappy condo dwellers stay home then I expect the status quo.

I have no sense at all what issues are at play elsewhere in the province.

I feel I'd be a bit shocked at another BC Lib majority, but I could very easily imagine a split vote and BC Liberal minority propped up by the Greens. The BC Green platform tilts so hard to climate issues I wonder if their support could be achieved by simply having a more aggressive carbon tax time table. We already know the province will have to get to $50/ton eventually to meet the federal standard. The status quo is a frozen carbon tax. All a BC Liberal government has to do to achieve a compromise with a BC Green opposition is state that they'll increase the carbon tax (which they have to do eventually anyway).

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

namaste faggots posted:

hey canadian forces heroes what do u think about your defence minister stealing valor

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sajjan-medusa-architect-claim-1.4091609

l m a o

what a badass defence minister u guys

Still not as bad as Freeland exploiting her Nazi granddad's past for political gain.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Helsing posted:

Still not as bad as Freeland exploiting her Nazi granddad's past for political gain.

My Nazi Grandpa could be the next great CBC sitcom.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

My Nazi Grandpa could be the next great CBC sitcom.

They did that one online already. Grandpa moves in with his millennial grandson because that's totally plausible.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

namaste faggots posted:

hey canadian forces heroes what do u think about your defence minister stealing valor

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sajjan-medusa-architect-claim-1.4091609

l m a o

what a badass defence minister u guys

Personally I don't think we should have an army so whatever.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I don't either!!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Blind Sally posted:

Hate to disrupt election chat, but the CBC broke some pretty fuckin' big news: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/dad-s-chocolate-chip-cookies-discontinued-1.4091364

Local Woman Angry About Cookie

Ah, the Clinton manoeuvre.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Also I wasn't aware that CAF members were terribly invested in the opinions or comments of their minister. Start that conversation and for every minute that goes by without the phrase "He's a politician" I'll give you a chocolate chip cookie.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Of course a crowd of Albertans know the American national anthem by heart :v:

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/858830817056890880

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Hockey fans know a song that gets sung before most hockey games. Tune in for details at 6.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hell feed me enough beer and even I'll belt out the Star Spangled Banner at a game.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Look at you good patriotic Canadian boys eh. Never give up an opportunity to poo poo on those stupid Americans lollllll

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/CochraneCBC/status/858984546955603968

Seriously though, this Bern Coffey story in NL is just :psyduck:

Tl;Dr non-career civil servant appointed head of civil service continues practicing law on the side and sues several of the Crown Agencies that he's technically the overseer of.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Am I supposed to be upset about a noble (officer) exaggerating their role in organizing an offensive

it's what they do. gently caress, it's what everyone does in a job.

If he had gotten a medal for it or lied about a direct action role ("There I was, dropping tangos with my sihk knife") ok that'd be hosed up. But this is a non-story.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Hahahahah am I really reading this

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
What was your role on jtf2 ma Horus? Forward observation tactical poo poo posting

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

MA-Horus posted:

Am I supposed to be upset about a noble (officer) exaggerating their role in organizing an offensive

it's what they do. gently caress, it's what everyone does in a job.

If he had gotten a medal for it or lied about a direct action role ("There I was, dropping tangos with my sihk knife") ok that'd be hosed up. But this is a non-story.

Some armies are built on that:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

mojo1701a posted:

I was thinking more of

but yours works too

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mojo1701a posted:

These amateurs haven't even reached the point where they need to overlap yet.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

The Crse WO on my 3s couldn't march properly because his medals extended past the side of his tunic. Dude had seen some stuff.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Mantioba NDP leadership race is in September and the only candidate so far is Wab Kinew, a lot of the long-time NDP members like Teresa Oswald and Matt Wiebe have declined to run and instead endorse him. I've met him a few times and he seems like an incredibly genuine guy who really wants to right the ship, but he has a troubled past that the Manitoba PCs could probably rip him apart on in a general election, but I have hope. I wonder how bad it would look if the NDP managed to run nobody else against Kinew and he won uncontested.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/kinew-endorsed-for-ndp-1.4092726

quote:

Manitoba NDP leadership candidate Wab Kinew has received an endorsement from one of his peers.

"He speaks to the next generation of our province," said Wiebe.

Wiebe, who serves as the NDP's health critic, said many party members suggested he run for leader. He said because of family obligations, it wasn't the right time for him.

Kinew vowed to fight against cuts from the Pallister government if elected leader of the NDP.

"We're going to keep the pressure on," he said.

"Nobody in this part of the city would have voted to close the Concordia emergency room."

Kinew is the sole candidate currently running for leadership of the Manitoba NDP.

Former Manitoba premier Greg Selinger stepped down as party leader following the NDP's loss in the April 2016 election.

A leadership election will take place in September, though an exact date has not yet been set.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
People are making GBS threads on the guy because he used to admittedly be a pretty lovely person and it's a testament to the fact that people are stupid and believe that nobody possess the capacity to change and grow as an individual.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

EvilJoven posted:

People are making GBS threads on the guy because he used to admittedly be a pretty lovely person and it's a testament to the fact that people are stupid and believe that nobody possess the capacity to change and grow as an individual.

Pallister's a lovely person now, so personally I'm not sure where the problem is :shrug:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

EvilJoven posted:

When should we check back in on you?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I follow Wab Kinew and he's a pretty good guy. He's admitted to being a bit of a shithead in the past and has worked hard to right his wrongs. But at this point I just want SOMEONE to take out Pallister from office.

Winnipeg has a new "impact fee" charging roughly $5 per square foot on new developments that comes into effect today.

http://www.winnipeg.ca/PPD/ImpactFee/default.stm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/growth-fees-developers-winnipeg-1.4093070

quote:

Winnipeg's controversial impact fee, better known as a growth or development fee, takes effect on Monday, which means developers will pay more to build new homes in certain areas of the city.

Mike Moore, president of the Manitoba Home Builders' Assoc., has led the fight against the fee, saying it adds up to about $9,500 more in costs for a new home.

As Monday's deadline loomed, there was a rush to submit building permits before the fee came into effect, he said.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

When should we check back in on you?

What makes you think that this thread deserves a better me in the first place?

Vintersorg posted:

I follow Wab Kinew and he's a pretty good guy. He's admitted to being a bit of a shithead in the past and has worked hard to right his wrongs. But at this point I just want SOMEONE to take out Pallister from office.

Winnipeg has a new "impact fee" charging roughly $5 per square foot on new developments that comes into effect today.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/growth-fees-developers-winnipeg-1.4093070

People have been raging against this since it was first proposed but I'm glad it's coming to fruition. This city has a really bad case of sprawl and city hall is going to need to fund an awfully big shovel to dig us out of this mess.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

EvilJoven posted:

What makes you think that this thread deserves a better me in the first place?

You deserve a better you.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

EvilJoven posted:

This. This is the best argument against the criminalisation of crimes. Especially soft crime like corruption and smoking weed

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Vintersorg posted:

Oh no, Winnipeg low home prices will be 10k higher? That's like an extra 5 dollars a mortgage payment over 25 years lol. Winnipeg developers are children and are just upset Katz isn't around to give them million dollar land for literal cents.

namaste faggots posted:

This. This is the best argument against the criminalisation of crimes. Especially soft crime like corruption and smoking weed

I always knew you had the capacity to forgive Jenny Kwan

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

vyelkin posted:

These amateurs haven't even reached the point where they need to overlap yet.

See, if you ever get to that point, you might as well introduce a cape as part of the uniform.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Be the best You that you can be; leave CanPol.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
I have 10 medals alone from the Great Keg Derail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
Another poll showing the BC Liberals in the lead:

http://ipsos-na.com/news-polls/pressrelease.aspx?id=7635

If they're still being underpolled (likely) and if their vote distribution is as efficient as last time (also likely), then they've got a good shot at another majority.