Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Varian is so good, especially taunt. My favourite thing is when the enemy Genji goes Dragonblade because if you taunt him with it out he just stands there since Dragonblade has no auto attack. It's. So. Good.

I've also finally decided to try and Ragnaros and yeah... I can see why he has been nerfed if he is still this powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Zwiebel posted:

I appreciate that they gave Nova her own Bribe on a talent tier that doesn't really do much.
Most heroes that can take bribe only get it as a trade-off but Nova really doesn't lose a lot to pick it up.

I'd argue they should give her Explosive Round by default and allow players to toggle it with a seperate button or something. Also her special level 20 talent that lets her restealth is kind of hilarious if you look at Valeeras or even Samuros kit having that poo poo by default. Maybe she'll get a pass at some point.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I've felt for a while now that making Explosive Round more easily accessible would be a good buff for Nova without running the dangers of turning her back into her old Gathering Power broken-style self. Whether that's on a talent tier, or a change to her level 1 kit, I don't know. But giving her some decent but not amazing wave clear would be a nice way of rounding her out I think.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mind over Matter posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I've felt for a while now that making Explosive Round more easily accessible would be a good buff for Nova without running the dangers of turning her back into her old Gathering Power broken-style self. Whether that's on a talent tier, or a change to her level 1 kit, I don't know. But giving her some decent but not amazing wave clear would be a nice way of rounding her out I think.

Change her trait from auto-cloak to some sort of variable ammunition ability that lets you switch between things like explosive rounds, slowing rounds, and maybe one other thing, and then put cloak as an activatable ability in place of Pinning Shot.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

Zwiebel posted:

Also her special level 20 talent that lets her restealth is kind of hilarious if you look at Valeeras or even Samuros kit having that poo poo by default. Maybe she'll get a pass at some point.

Little known fact about that talent: you can cast abilities and attack while it's in effect.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I have seen one Nova ever who took and was good with Ghost Protocol. They were a terror, but they're not the norm. I know I'm poo poo with it.

Kai Tave posted:

Change her trait from auto-cloak to some sort of variable ammunition ability that lets you switch between things like explosive rounds, slowing rounds, and maybe one other thing, and then put cloak as an activatable ability in place of Pinning Shot.

I'd love this.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

As a quick match player Gazlowe is so amazing right now. With all explodium talents barring turret gunk (still the best even after nerf) and the new buffs to robo-gob he's just insane in team fights. You just poo poo bombs and turrets everywhere (since your bombs are giving you more turret charges) and can either run up to delete someone or run away to avoid it. This is probably because I'm not playing with the toughest opponents but as long as I stay mobile I feel like an invincible military industrial complex.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mind over Matter posted:

I have seen one Nova ever who took and was good with Ghost Protocol. They were a terror, but they're not the norm. I know I'm poo poo with it.

I'd love this.

It would also help differentiate her further from Zeratul as right now they basically have the exact same trait. I think it works better for Zeratul because he's a melee assassin and wants to try and use stealth as a gap closer, while if you make Nova generally less of a blunted one-trick then she wouldn't need to lean as heavily on permanent cloak, if for no other reason than she has a gun.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Alarak is fun but boy howdy does he have some boring rear end talents.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Rerolled a common chest with four commons, got the Rainbow Unicorn mount and a Tassadar skin. System works. :D

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah I have to admit that "got 4 common items, pay 250 gold to reroll for a guaranteed better result" is vastly superior to Overwatch's own lootbox system and I kind of hope they backport it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

chumbler posted:

Alarak is fun but boy howdy does he have some boring rear end talents.

Yeah but that voice. :allears:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah I have to admit that "got 4 common items, pay 250 gold to reroll for a guaranteed better result" is vastly superior to Overwatch's own lootbox system and I kind of hope they backport it.

Oh, is quality promised to go up on an all common reroll? I hadn't heard anything about that.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Eh, ideally common items wouldn't even be a thing. Does anyone actually care about sprays and voicelines?

Probably wouldn't even mind if each crate has less stuff in it but it was guaranteed to be something you'd actually want.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I got 8 legendary skins from my free loot so that was pretty cool. Some prime evil diablo and the space lord skeleton king so all in all, good event.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Dunno if it's promised but I rerolled one into an Abathur unlock. :woop:

Having way too much fun levelling things to 5 as a clueless newbie. It's fun watching HGC and having a basic understanding of a handful of the characters. Sooooooooo much to learn.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mind over Matter posted:

Oh, is quality promised to go up on an all common reroll? I hadn't heard anything about that.

I've yet to have a single chest that I've rerolled out of 4 commons wind up with 4 commons again so either it's an impressive case of confirmation bias or the upgrade is guaranteed.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The upgrade is not guaranteed, you're just relatively lucky. I've had it not happen to me. I am kind of sure that 4 common is a relatively rare occurrence on a reroll though, but I'm probably wrong on that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

wiegieman posted:

As a quick match player Gazlowe is so amazing right now. With all explodium talents barring turret gunk (still the best even after nerf) and the new buffs to robo-gob he's just insane in team fights. You just poo poo bombs and turrets everywhere (since your bombs are giving you more turret charges) and can either run up to delete someone or run away to avoid it. This is probably because I'm not playing with the toughest opponents but as long as I stay mobile I feel like an invincible military industrial complex.

this is great news since all I can find on gazlowe is old outdated guides from when he was clearly not very good

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Onean posted:

The upgrade is not guaranteed, you're just relatively lucky. I've had it not happen to me. I am kind of sure that 4 common is a relatively rare occurrence on a reroll though, but I'm probably wrong on that.

If it's not guaranteed it feels like they weighted it pretty heavily then because I was expecting a lot of "pay 250, wind up with all commons again" but like I said, it's yet to happen for me.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah but that voice. :allears:

I really really do not like playing assassins (as I've whined about before) but I am at least enjoying my Bot Match Ride To Level 5 with Alarak for this reason. I just want him to scoop me up and take me away while he berates me for my healing

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I would like Junkrat and Reinhardt announcer packs, thanks for listening

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

If it's not guaranteed it feels like they weighted it pretty heavily then because I was expecting a lot of "pay 250, wind up with all commons again" but like I said, it's yet to happen for me.

I doubt it's guaranteed but I'd bet that its weighted, too. The initial seed might be purely random, and re-rolling might take into account something that was previously opened or something. Since you're paying actual gold they probably wanted a system that doesn't feel unfair. I think its a good system since people used to just sit on piles of gold, but now gold is a better commodity.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Poultron posted:

I really really do not like playing assassins (as I've whined about before) but I am at least enjoying my Bot Match Ride To Level 5 with Alarak for this reason. I just want him to scoop me up and take me away while he berates me for my healing

I want an Alarak announcer pack so he can verbally abuse me no matter who I play.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

SirSamVimes posted:

I want an Alarak announcer pack so he can verbally abuse me no matter who I play.

:same:
This is the only reason I've been saving all of my shards. He's just having so much fun trash talking people, I just can't hate him.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Just had a fight on Sky Temple where a battle for the boss came down to our Li-Li vs their Genji and Malf.

Our Li-Li won and killed them both.

Whichever goon is PureRok, I salute you this morning.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

This is truly the age of DPS li li.

e oh and abusing varian in QM with your 5stack

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

Musluk posted:

This is truly the age of DPS li li.

e oh and abusing varian in QM with your 5stack

5-man queue as Varian/Sonya/Tyrande/Zarya/dps and gl hf!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Mind over Matter posted:

Just had a fight on Sky Temple where a battle for the boss came down to our Li-Li vs their Genji and Malf.

Our Li-Li won and killed them both.

Whichever goon is PureRok, I salute you this morning.

We had some fun games.

It was pretty intense. I kept flubbing my W on myself, so I wasn't sure if I'd make it toward the end.
I went ahead and recorded the fight over the boss. I somehow turned off the whole UI; I don't know how the replayer works. Edit: Also we're red for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsM_WhK3y2M

Basically all of my kills that match came from that one fight.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Goddamn I didn't realize you had time to go all the way to the fountain halfway through. That makes it even better.

Also you can see me flub my movement and get pasted by the boss. Best Genji NA.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

SirSamVimes posted:

I don't because I don't need the distraction if ya know what I'm sayin heh heh

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
When does D Va skin week start?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Samara posted:

When does D Va skin week start?

Tuesday is the day sales/events/etc. rotate.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Is ETC good right now? I got him in the tank pack and whoooo boy do I love this guitar cow.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Kashuno posted:

Is ETC good right now? I got him in the tank pack and whoooo boy do I love this guitar cow.

He's different and a bit weaker than before but you can still push waves out. Mosh Pit is still one of the best ultimates in the game and can change games.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

He's definitely a top tier announcer pick.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
This game is significantly worse with Valeera in it. They could just straight up remove her and pretend it didn't happen and HoTS would only be better off.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
None of the stealth dudes are fun to play against so just remove all the stealth from each of em and gently caress it don't replace it with anything

Staring at the ground watching for a shimmer so you can ping to try and get your teammate's attentions which they will ignore and get ganked by zeratul anyways isn't fun gameplay

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It's only bad when the Valeera is on your team.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
No it's definitely not great when you feel like playing Valla/Jaina/Lunara/Naz/Whatever but whoops can't because Valeera still has like a 75%+ pickrate in QM lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Having fun with Tyrael, I haven't lost any of my QM games to level 5. It seems that with him people tend to underestimate how dangerous he can be because he's a tank, I got a lot of kills from low health dummies sticking around trying to kill me only to get sword'ed.