Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
D4 sucked trying to get innocents because important ones like statisticians were only obtainable via reverse pirating. Also the level up maps were tedious and prone to failure.

Still enjoyed the game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Skyward Sword Link is so happy being the official representative of his franchise in Mario Kart. I hope he gets to stay in future titles.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Randomly swap the position of all racers. :getin:

You just gave me a mad idea for an item in a kart racer.

All players instantly rotate 180 and the race reverses. :getin:

Wouldn't work on some maps with huge jumps though...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

D5 is probably the best game to date mechanics alone, but the postgame is kinda dogshit and is just the D4crew because they wanted to reuse those sprites so bleh.

It's probably the laziest re-release they've done yet but if you're new to the franchise go for it. (They usually add a new story/mechanics etc in the remakes, they didn't this time for whatever reason. Maybe NIS is finally for real dying? Who knows!)

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I'd like a Mr. Driller game on the Switch. I played the one on the old DS to death.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Like a proper reset?

Hold down the power button until a menu comes up
Go to 'Power Options' and select Shutdown
Start the Switch up again and report back in.

I did this. I also did a system initialize (without removing save data), no luck. I think the switch might be busted. Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

NNick posted:

Got my switch yesterday. I love it. Zelda makes me feel like a kid again.

However, it isn't recognizing ANY wireless connections. I live in a large complex with tons of them and nothing shows up. I've tried entering my information manually, but that isn't working either.

Anyone solve a similar issue? I've tried restarting the switch multiple times.
Hold the power button down for like 20 seconds until it does a hard reboot.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

You just gave me a mad idea for an item in a kart racer.

All players instantly rotate 180 and the race reverses. :getin:

Wouldn't work on some maps with huge jumps though...

Didn't Sega's kart racer have that exact item?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The problem with Mario Kart is that now I have to load my Zelda saves instead of just always having it suspended.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Tender Bender posted:

The problem with Mario Kart is that now I have to load my Zelda saves instead of just always having it suspended.

Our cross to bear.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I hope Binding of Isaac goes on sale soon (if this thing ever has any sales? It's been almost 2 months wtf?) because I wanna double dip and buy it digitally so I can be a fat lazy poo poo and not get up off of my couch to swap cartridges. They really could've made it just a bit easier to swap cartridges in this thing... that flap sucked on the OG 3DS SD slot and it still sucks now.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
I bought Mario Kart the day it came out and haven't taken it out of the box yet. Puyo Puyo Tetris is addicting as hell.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TerraGoetia posted:

I bought Mario Kart the day it came out and haven't taken it out of the box yet. Puyo Puyo Tetris is addicting as hell.

:stare:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

TerraGoetia posted:

The gently caress?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tender Bender posted:

Maybe you should've bought 2 Switches. :colbert:

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Maybe you should've bought 1-2 Switch. :colbert:

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The gently caress?

It's not like the game is going to get less fun if I play it tomorrow.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

TerraGoetia posted:

It's not like the game is going to get less fun if I play it tomorrow.

you didn't see the "use or freeze by" date on it? :ohdear:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

TerraGoetia posted:

I think you mean "anime as hell"

which it is

but it's still good

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

you didn't see the "use or freeze by" date on it? :ohdear:

Is that why they taste so bitter?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Blue shells are needed because there are races like the one I just had where I have enough time to type this post while waiting for everyone else because I was so far ahead of everyone else the entire race because 2-5th were pounding on each other while I got to practice my time trial time being so unbothered entire time.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

Blue shells are needed because there are races like the one I just had where I have enough time to type this post while waiting for everyone else because I was so far ahead of everyone else the entire race because 2-5th were pounding on each other while I got to practice my time trial time being so unbothered entire time.

Agreed, but they also feel like they punish you for being in first, and make waiting in second until the end of the race an awkwardly viable strategy.

I think the explosion needs to be bigger or something, so it doesn't feel so punitive. Catch everybody near 1st, so it only slows him if they're way ahead, but if they're not then it holds everybody about the same, more like a lightning bolt.

The other thing I would say would be kinda nice to round out some of the misery of mario kart would be an invincibility period after you get shelled, where other red shells won't target you and green shells go right through you for a few seconds. Course then you could just get hit after a few seconds anyways, which would be just as bad or worse...

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
I mean, you only get blue shells if you're near the back of the pack, right? Why not just increase the blue shell drop rate depending on how competitive the front of the race is. If first is far ahead of second, more shells. If it's a tight race, swap them with red shells.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

TerraGoetia posted:

I mean, you only get blue shells if you're near the back of the pack, right? Why not just increase the blue shell drop rate depending on how competitive the front of the race is. If first is far ahead of second, more shells. If it's a tight race, swap them with red shells.

My only issue with blue shells is that it's basically "if you're in 6+ you get to pick who comes in first, it's just not going to be you"

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Spite is a hell of a drug.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Delicious, delicious spite.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

TerraGoetia posted:

Yeah I considered exactly this earlier too, but once again that just feels like it punishes you for doing well. Hm.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The way item distribution is set up often means that if the person in first place can pull away from the pack, they normally maintain it due to not being stuck in a clusterfuck of items. Being hit by a blue shell feels poo poo but compared to the stuff the person in 8th is dealing with it's nothing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TerraGoetia posted:

This kinda already happens, at least it did for vanilla MK8. It's more likely that second place will even pick up a blue shell if first is far ahead enough.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Really just make every item the blue shell.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I want that mod

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tecmo-Koei planning more Switch-exclusive games.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, but then again they're already in the habit of not localizing the Switch versions of many of their games.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

could be more samurai warriors, could be more dynasty warriors or any number of lazy clones of their previous work or new work that's just new wallpaper on their old dated designs. There should be so many design teams that could do what they are barely pulling of 100X better.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
Trip report: I took a break from finals to try Mario Kart. It's good.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

You know how the lightning bolt shrinks you for longer the further you are ahead? Make the blue shell do that. Not to an absurd degree of course but when someone is half a lap or more ahead the blue shell makes zero difference. Or don't it's not that common that someone is that far ahead. Not that I've been free to play with goons yet lol

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Policenaut posted:

Tecmo-Koei planning more Switch-exclusive games.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, but then again they're already in the habit of not localizing the Switch versions of many of their games.

I bet there's another Project Zero/Fatal Frame game coming up for me to buy and not play because gently caress those ghosts. :ghost:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

I bet there's another Project Zero/Fatal Frame game coming up for me to buy and not play because gently caress those ghosts. :ghost:

It'd probably be a Maiden of Black Water port, if anything.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

How the gently caress do I get good at puyo puyo? there isn't an endless mode to practice with is there?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

LethalGeek posted:

That sounds fine to me. In most of games where skill is a big factor, things like this happen when there is a skill gap. If you want to play with someone of more equal skill, that's when you seek out friends/specific players and that sorta thing instead of playing against pubbies.* The answer to "there is a difference of skill" shouldn't be "requires less skill" imo.

At least I assume the new Mario Kart has some sort of online friend/lobby system or something to play against who you want? If it's only a random online quick match mode then rip.

*This is presuming that the ranked mode isn't filtering things out enough, which seems to be the case so far

Ventana fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dugong posted:

The way item distribution is set up often means that if the person in first place can pull away from the pack, they normally maintain it due to not being stuck in a clusterfuck of items. Being hit by a blue shell feels poo poo but compared to the stuff the person in 8th is dealing with it's nothing.

Yeah we had a string of these last night where this one guy managed to (easily) get first like 5-6 times in a row while 2nd-6th kept loving each other giving 1st place even more space.

• Locked thread