Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Not a Trek nerd and I am stoked as all hell for Bridge Crew. Particularly hyped about the cross-play, got a couple of buddies on PSVR that would be awesome to play with in my Vive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Are there AI teammates on the Bridge Crew game, or is it strictly multiplayer only?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

Are there AI teammates on the Bridge Crew game, or is it strictly multiplayer only?
Yeah AI will fill any seats that don't have humans, and you can switch from station to station. UploadVR put up a 2 player gameplay video last week and it looks like it works just as well.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The ai also isn't totally autonomous, you can give them general directions and take over the seat if you need to

Edit: like you mentioned, I read good

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
A creepy article trying to justify Palmer as a good guy that's done no wrong.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thor-Stryker posted:

A creepy article trying to justify Palmer as a good guy that's done no wrong.

To me it comes off as a more objective and rational look at what happened. What is it you find creepy about it?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think its good that people found out about palmer luckey being a pathetic weirdo and exercised their first amendment rights to pressure companies just like palmer luckey used his first amendment rights to blow $10,000 on a hillary meme billboard

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also there is no way i'm reading an "article" thats mostly tweets

I don't like reading tweets on twitter, much less on a website

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

To me it comes off as a more objective and rational look at what happened. What is it you find creepy about it?

They gloss over a bunch of details that paint a much worse picture. It's also a terribly "written" article, reposting gigantic chatlogs isn't journalism.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
^ It seemed pretty much on the nose with the actual details and facts of what happened. Not being written well is whatever, either way I still don't understand how it is "creepy".

Anyway this came out back on April 21st, but I just came across it and thought it was really cool and interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAy6aRnUslY

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I'm not sure if I'd call it creepy, but glossing over the ample circumstantial evidence that Palmer is a white supremacist is pretty dodgy. His girlfriend's twitter is loving horrid and the people he surrounds himself with aren't exactly the most progressive bunch. The article feels like the first step in a PR campaign designed to repair his public image.

Anyway in other VR news, Microsoft is being Microsoft and those fancy, cheap VR headsets being released only support Microsoft's Holographic API. Should have expected Microsoft to start another API war, here's hoping they fail miserably.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SwissCM posted:

I'm not sure if I'd call it creepy, but glossing over the ample circumstantial evidence that Palmer is a white supremacist is pretty dodgy. His girlfriend's twitter is loving horrid and the people he surrounds himself with aren't exactly the most progressive bunch. The article feels like the first step in a PR campaign designed to repair his public image.

Anyway in other VR news, Microsoft is being Microsoft and those fancy, cheap VR headsets being released only support Microsoft's Holographic API. Should have expected Microsoft to start another API war, here's hoping they fail miserably.

Please show me the "bunch of details". It should be real easy, no? There's a bunch! Give me all the deets on his "White Supremecy". You have all the objective facts given to you, and yet you still insist . . . Tell me which details that were glossed over please. Explain to me this circumstantial evidence to me please. Please, I'm begging you. In simple words, tell me how Palmer Luckey is a White Supremacist or how he backed a white supremacist group? How is he your political enemy, explain it simply please. And thank you.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 1, 2017

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Went looking earlier in this thread, found these gems. :v: So I wouldn't bother arguing with this guy.

Poetic Justice posted:

First, Muslim isn't a race. Second, unchecked immigration is not a good idea in general, mo matter what religion or other country they are from. It's important to do background checks. You can't just be like "welp, everyone come on in".

Poetic Justice posted:

I don't think it's racist to bring up the fact that right now, there are tons of Syrian refuges that some people think should just be let in without doing the proper checks that we do for everyone else.

In actual VR discussion, has anyone here tried roomscale in Oculus Home? For some reason, my second sensor doesn't seem to be picking up my Touch controllers, even though it seems to pick up the headset just fine.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 12:13 on May 1, 2017

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

Please show me the "bunch of details". It should be real easy, no? There's a bunch! Give me all the deets on his "White Supremecy". You have all the objective facts given to you, and yet you still insist . . . Tell me which details that were glossed over please. Explain to me this circumstantial evidence to me please. Please, I'm begging you. In simple words, tell me how Palmer Luckey is a White Supremacist or how he backed a white supremacist group? How is he your political enemy, explain it simply please. And thank you.

Palmer is careful, it's mainly the people who he associates with that are transparently horrible people.

^^ oh.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SwissCM posted:

Palmer is careful, it's mainly the people who he associates with that are transparently horrible people.

^^ oh.

So? How often must you be misled, before you realize you are being misled?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKMMCPeiQoc

Kazy posted:

Went looking earlier in this thread, found these gems. :v:

In actual VR discussion, has anyone here tried roomscale in Oculus Home? For some reason, my second sensor doesn't seem to be picking up my Touch controllers, even though it seems to pick up the headset just fine.

And? What do you disagree with, with either of those statements?

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 12:12 on May 1, 2017

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I think if you are gonna call someone a white supremacist, you should provide undeniable proof of that. Not say he's "careful" about it. Either a person is, or isn't. Either he is or isn't. It's not that loving hard... show me proof. None of this "dog-whistle" poo poo that makes you able to change anything someone says to mean what you want it to mean, because "reasons". Give me proof. Thank you.

edit: I already know you can't, and you know it too, and so does the voting public :)

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 1, 2017

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Gee you're really angry that I don't like Palmer, noted White Supremacist piece of poo poo trump supporter.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SwissCM posted:

Gee you're really angry that I don't like Palmer, noted White Supremacist piece of poo poo trump supporter.

So no proof? Do you associate all black guys as gangsters because they have gangster friends? I just hate hypocrisy, nothing personal.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

So no proof? Do you associate all black guys as gangsters because they have gangster friends?

No, but if a guy I knew, regardless of any other attributes, associated themselves with gang members then I would be rightly wary.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SwissCM posted:

No, but if a guy I knew, regardless of any other attributes, associated themselves with gang members then I would be rightly wary.

So, still no proof Palmer Luckey is a white supremacist? Take your time. Dig dig dig.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

So, still no proof Palmer Luckey is a white supremacist? Take your time.

I didn't say I was going to provide any, from the start I said it was circumstantial. Nice meltdown though.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SwissCM posted:

I didn't say I was going to provide any, from the start I said it was circumstantial. Nice meltdown though.

I think calling people nazi's without proof is worthy of melting down over, personally. I can't think of anything better to melt down over, actually..

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

I think calling people nazi's without proof is worthy of melting down, personally. I can't think of anything better to melt down over, actually..

People actually being nazis

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SwissCM posted:

People actually being nazis

Define nazi to me, so I can make sure we are on the same page. . .I personally think lighthouses that cant handle reflective surfaces or slight power surges without losing tracking is like the worst thing since the holocaust.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
This is the strangest thread to decide to die on that hill in.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

TheRagamuffin posted:

This is the strangest thread to decide to die on that hill in.

The high monetary cost of VR is triggering his economic anxiety

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I think it's important to not make light of the term nazi, personally, and it's a hill I'm willing to die on.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

You were the first one to say the word.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Just provide me proof he's a white supremacist, and you win, man. It's simple. This shouldn't be this hard!

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

Just provide me proof he's a white supremacist, and you win, man. It's simple.

I gave my opinion of him and I stand by it. If you want karma points post on reddit or whatever, then you can "win".

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Opinions aren't proof! Even something tangentially related to him being a white supremacist would work! Otherwise, you are "really creepy!"

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

All this Nazi crap is off-topic and really annoying. Why not take it to D&D if you want to discuss white supremacy so badly?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I agree, but I also think if someone is gonna call another person a white supremacist, they should offer proof, and not just be able to say it, and then get the rest of the conversation called "offtopic"

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I posted a link earlier detailing what his friends get up to. That is what gives me the impression that he is a piece of poo poo who holds white supremacist beliefs associating with alt-right groupies who have strong ties to actual neo-nazism. I'd say that is tangentially related? Unless we have a different ideas on what that word means too.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Guilt by association is lovely.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Lemming posted:

The high monetary cost of VR is triggering his economic anxiety

:golfclap:

SwissCM posted:

I posted a link earlier detailing what his friends get up to. That is what gives me the impression that he is a piece of poo poo who holds white supremacist beliefs associating with alt-right groupies who have strong ties to actual neo-nazism. I'd say that is tangentially related? Unless we have a different ideas on what that word means too.

Yeah. If a significant number of the people someone associates with are white supremacist (as is the case with Palmer Luckey) then it's a pretty safe bet that, while he may or may not own a white hooded robe himself, he's likely sympathetic to those same beliefs.

EDIT: in VR related content someone put together a proof of concept VR thing of Red Alert 2 in Unreal 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGtrJaiUZaA

EA said he couldn't release it but apparently he's filing the serial numbers and working on an actual game.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

Guilt by association is lovely. I'm sure Syrian refugee's appreciate your opened mindedness. :)

I wouldn't judge a person for knowing a few bad eggs. If they surround themselves in bad eggs though, there's a good chance that they might be one themselves.

Syrians don't have a choice. He does.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

8one6 posted:

:golfclap:

Yeah. If a significant number of the people someone associates with are white supremacist (as is the case with Palmer Luckey) then it's a pretty safe bet that, while he may or may not own a white hooded robe himself, he's likely sympathetic to those same beliefs.

What about all those innocent people from the middle east who either had their cities bombed, or grew up with people who turned to Jihaad. Do you think they all hate America? Do you feel good about grouping people with their surroundings, and who they are friends with? Because you should feel really bad, and you should think about it.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SwissCM posted:

I wouldn't judge a person for knowing a few bad eggs. If they surround themselves in bad eggs though, there's a good chance that they might be one themselves.

Syrians don't have a choice. He does.

So are you saying he's smarter and has more ability than Syrians, or? What are you saying here, exactly? He should know better than to vote for someone you dislike? Is that it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Poetic Justice posted:

So are you saying he's smarter and has more ability than Syrians, or? What are you saying here, exactly?

He's more fortunate?