Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Been a while since I've done an av since I've been busy...but I'm hoping to catch up:

...been thinking about you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
New commentary video, for The Stone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87py46Dvwzo
JONES IS OLD :v:

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Awkwaaaaaaaaaaaard

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

FronzelNeekburm posted:

"Okay Robot, I've come up with an even stronger body for you, with better muscles and nerves, and--"

"After our last adventure, I think a cold, unfeeling, metal robot body would be fine, Kat."

Well the first half of this looks right, now to see if Robot has any input.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gross, it's all squishy and stuff!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

PubicMice posted:

New commentary video, for The Stone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87py46Dvwzo
JONES IS OLD :v:

Wait a dang minute. If Jones only opened her eyes for the first time when she emerged from the seabed, how did she see the stars before there were any creatures on earth?

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Bongo Bill posted:

Wait a dang minute. If Jones only opened her eyes for the first time when she emerged from the seabed, how did she see the stars before there were any creatures on earth?

Concerning the stars, her exact line was: "I saw them myself, long before any creature on this planet could lift their head to see them."

Given the animals swimming around her, it's likely this is before any terrestrial life existed. If it did, it was tiny arthropods that would have no means to see the stars at all.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She saw the stars, then took a nap because space is boring then oops, stellar accretion.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Ziddar posted:

Concerning the stars, her exact line was: "I saw them myself, long before any creature on this planet could lift their head to see them."

Given the animals swimming around her, it's likely this is before any terrestrial life existed. If it did, it was tiny arthropods that would have no means to see the stars at all.

Pretty much. Jones basically became "aware" during the Hadean era (formation of the earth) according to the story, so she definitely saw the stars long before Coyote technically existed. I like to think that this is kind of one of the bases of the comic in that multiple "realities" are simultaneously true due to belief and point of view (the realm of the dead mirrors this to an extent). There doesn't seem to be one single reality governed by either fact or belief, because if there was Annie would never have been able to put a fingerprint on the moon which everyone in the comic can see (among other things).

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Pretty much. Jones basically became "aware" during the Hadean era (formation of the earth) according to the story, so she definitely saw the stars long before Coyote technically existed. I like to think that this is kind of one of the bases of the comic in that multiple "realities" are simultaneously true due to belief and point of view (the realm of the dead mirrors this to an extent). There doesn't seem to be one single reality governed by either fact or belief, because if there was Annie would never have been able to put a fingerprint on the moon which everyone in the comic can see (among other things).

There is that reality though, it's the ether.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Robot gets a Xenomorph XX121 body!

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

A lot of it was pretty clearly never inhabited

Yeah, that's what'll happen when ya outsource your city planning to the Seed Bismuth. Faulty wiring, urban decay, shrimp demon doll girls.

I say leave the urban plannin' to us robots.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Now Annie, what have we learned about repressing feelings that make you feel awkward?

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Bilirubin posted:

Now Annie, what have we learned about repressing feelings that make you feel awkward?

Run away from two gals being pals because the implication brings up difficult questions. :colbert:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

This is like the one time Annie did the socially correct thing.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

I forgot entirely about Clangler Bing and Joey Tribbianoid. :allears:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wittgen posted:

Ahem.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Still upset we didn't get to see more of the robot friends.

Wittgen posted:

Two girlfriends get to have their privacy, Annie gets to hang out with some robots and her wolf bro, it was a real win/win situation.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Good point. She really got a lot smoother over time for that one social thing she can do.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Hey, Annie's gotten practice letting Kat have alone time with someone she likes.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Hremsfeld posted:

Hey, Annie's gotten practice letting Kat have alone time with someone she likes.

But it only works for her.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Everything is fine.

Everything is okay.

Edit: No idea why this isn't posting properly. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 29, 2017

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Everything is fine.

Everything is okay.

Edit: No idea why this isn't posting properly. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

you need to link to the photo itself, that's just a link to the imgur page that has the photo on it.

code:
http://i.imgur.com/qHn2Hxz.png
instead of

code:
http://imgur.com/a/R8Fn4

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
That fisheye shot through the tank is really cool.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

GodFish posted:

you need to link to the photo itself, that's just a link to the imgur page that has the photo on it.

code:
http://i.imgur.com/qHn2Hxz.png
instead of

code:
http://imgur.com/a/R8Fn4

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Good, Annie is talking about it

though Kat may not feel like she can speak her mind. We'll have to see.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Kat says "gently caress dat ho"

The Machine Goddess hath spoken

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Well, that was easy. Good thing that Kat cleared that all up once and for all.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Kat is the best character.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Sure, helping Jeanne was the right thing and bringing Ayilu in to make helping Jeanne even possible was the right thing, but was how Annie did that the right thing?

Not convinced Kat's taking that into account.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I love this comic, none of the "oh I'll never speak about it, it'll just stew forever" soap-opera bullshit. Thankyou for being awesome, Tom!

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

maswastaken posted:

Sure, helping Jeanne was the right thing and bringing Ayilu in to make helping Jeanne even possible was the right thing, but was how Annie did that the right thing?

Not convinced Kat's taking that into account.

Eh if you take Red's side, the thing Annie did that was wrong was bring Ayilu in at all. Because Ayliu was only there because she was bribed with something she really wanted. Everyone else was there to help Jeanne and knew the risks but Ayilu did not. To be fair, they probably told her but the faeries are pretty self-centered and don't usually take things seriously so she might not have been listening.

Outside of that, Red had no authority to speak on behalf of the others. As evident by Kat's reaction here. Tell me if you think Parrley's or Smitty's reaction to what Red said would be very different.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

JuniperCake posted:

Tell me if you think Parrley's or Smitty's reaction to what Red said would be very different.
They absolutely wouldn't. Doesn't make any of them right.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

maswastaken posted:

They absolutely wouldn't. Doesn't make any of them right.

Whether they did the right thing or at least did it in the right way is a different discussion though. Red was putting 100% of the blame for the situation on Annie, and accused her of manipulating all of her friends for her own benefit. In that respect, what her actual friends think is pretty relevant since they were also there and had their own takes on the situation/motivations for being there. None of which Red knows about or probably even cares about.

She likely only brought up her friends in the first place because she felt it would help her dig at Annie more, because she was really pissed about Ayilu. It's understandable Red would be upset about that but it hardly makes her a fair judge of what went down.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kat rules faeries drool.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This is the part where we run around the Normandy after the mission and ask for the input and thoughts of the crew

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Potato Salad posted:

This is the part where we run around the Normandy after the mission and ask for the input and thoughts of the crew

Okay. Which one's Wrex.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

havenwaters posted:

Okay. Which one's Wrex.

Parley.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014