Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Rev2 demo comes out today!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Lmao at "worthwhile". Pretty much nobody who posts here is or will ever be worthwhile. Who cares if max is getting people in who can win evo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

S.J. posted:

Lmao at "worthwhile". Pretty much nobody who posts here is or will ever be worthwhile. Who cares if max is getting people in who can win evo.

I mean, I suppose we do have "worthwhile" people here, there's apple, bears and may contain peanuts, and I'm sure bebop, brian and Brosnan are way better at the genre than me. I'm probably missing some people too. I just think it's kind of a wash to expect everyone to be A Good Player, sometimes you just need people to play with, and as someone in a way smaller player pool than North Americans I kinda felt it during the AE years. Plus it's not like our small community isn't toxic enough by itself, some of the most annoying people I had to deal with were Good Players (never Really Good Players though, even if Brolyinho has a rep).

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
there's too many goddamn fighting games coming out in the next few weeks. Rev 2, Injustice, Tekken, which one should I get guys

I love all of them, it's too hard to choose

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

CharlestonJew posted:

there's too many goddamn fighting games coming out in the next few weeks. Rev 2, Injustice, Tekken, which one should I get guys

Get ARMS, OP

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlestonJew posted:

All of them. Buy all the fighting games.

My pocket money is kinda reserved towards Persona but I might pick up T7 whenever I get some extra cash. I'll wait to hear about the PC port and if there's motherfuckers playing it around here first.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wait a fewmonths for Senko no Ronde 2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Think i will skip injustice. Not up for leveling or loot grinding or 2 minute long super animations, or that weird meter wagering mechanic they have.

Save my money for a different bad superhero fighter

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Dias posted:

I mean, I suppose we do have "worthwhile" people here, there's apple, bears and may contain peanuts, and I'm sure bebop, brian and Brosnan are way better at the genre than me. I'm probably missing some people too. I just think it's kind of a wash to expect everyone to be A Good Player, sometimes you just need people to play with, and as someone in a way smaller player pool than North Americans I kinda felt it during the AE years. Plus it's not like our small community isn't toxic enough by itself, some of the most annoying people I had to deal with were Good Players (never Really Good Players though, even if Brolyinho has a rep).

plenty of people here are powerful, I don't think that's really very important though

there are a lot of bad players on sa but like everyone posts here regularly at least TRIES when they fight. they also will actually play a variety of stuff. these are not far out metrics, I know, but its actually pretty rare for a lot of online communities

I've seen more people on sa try to step it up than on dedicated fg forums

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Wait a fewmonths for Senko no Ronde 2.

This is that shmup fighter right? Is it better than the bullet ballet game that came out last year with touhou characters?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I am very excited for Tekken 7.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

:getin:

real talk I'm gonna buy all 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

Rev2 and Tekken is what I'm doing. Ive never seriously played a 3D FG so Tekken will be a steep curve probably but it looks fun as hell.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

This is that shmup fighter right? Is it better than the bullet ballet game that came out last year with touhou characters?

Yes

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

real talk I'm gonna buy all 3

same, I wonder if Slayer got any updates and is now higher than A tier (which is poo poo tier in GGRev)

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

MinibarMatchman posted:

same, I wonder if Slayer got any updates and is now higher than A tier (which is poo poo tier in GGRev)

This has to be the dumbest take on tiers I've seen in a long rear end time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

His only change is like better hitbox or frame data on a kick but i forget which its minor

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

The odds are good that any given game is better than a tohou game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CaptCommy posted:

This has to be the dumbest take on tiers I've seen in a long rear end time.

it was a joke, you joyless canker

Real hurthling! posted:

His only change is like better hitbox or frame data on a kick but i forget which its minor

I was hoping for new moves, ah well

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I'm going to wait to see which one is the better PC port, but I'll probably end up buying all 3.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I'm getting T7 and Rev2

I really liked Injustice (and I normally hate NRS games) but no PC port so that is an easy choice. Ed Boon also kept loving with PC players with MKX after saying it would be treated well.

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 1, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

2S

Also his Bite grab apparently guarantees CH on specials after using it (for some timeframe), I haven't payed any attention to him for Rev2 though so I dunno if that ends up being as gross as it sounds like it would be.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Dias posted:

Being mentioned in the same breath as apple and bears is probably the best compliment I've gotten in my FGC career.

That said I haven't played a fighting game since November. I've still been commentating though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gonna get t7 and wait for a sale on rev 2

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
To get the Rev2 demo outside of America, make a new psn account and set it to US region and US address.

Download from here -

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/guilty-gear-xrd-rev-2-demo/cid=UP1024-CUSA07837_00-GGXRDREV2USPSPLS

Login to PS4

Go to settings > app saved data management > saved data in online storage > activate 2 day trial

Apparently you can do this a few times, or just make a new US account.

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 1, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

S.J. posted:

dude like half this thread contains higher skill tournament level players in a shitload of games lol

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Maluco Marinero posted:

What exactly is bad about Max

max promotes himself as an old school fighting game head yet also put out a video of MVC2 HD (a game he says in the vid itself he's played for years) where he lost to the most basic rear end sentinel spit + assist runaway despite having a pretty good team and got really mad about how overpowered it was

there's nothing wrong with being bad at fighting games but max is the big/sole authority on the subject to his huge fanbase so it's basically impossible for his followers to know correct things

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

anime was right posted:

dude like half this thread contains higher skill tournament level players in a shitload of games lol

for example I am the worlds greatest rakuga kids and Slap Happy Rhythm Busters player

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I'll gently caress y'all up at some DrumMania.

Also buy Tekken it's a good game.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Brosnan posted:

I'll gently caress y'all up at some DrumMania.

come @ me

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Do those brook converters still have 8 minute timeouts on PS4? Do they introduce input lag?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

teagone posted:

Look at the bright side to Maximillian being there. Someone might deck him or stick him between the ribs!

fyp to fit in with the spirit of the thread

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I hope a bunch of unworthy people buy Tekken 7 (on PC) because I need people on my level to play with.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

come @ me

Real talk you don't want this mess rn

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Do those brook converters still have 8 minute timeouts on PS4? Do they introduce input lag?

Not if you update the firmware. I don't think it contributes much input lag, but don't quote me on that.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I think I fought Max once on release day of Rev PC. He was playing Leo IIRC. Haven't seen him since.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Brosnan posted:

buy Tekken it's a good game.

i will

it will be my first tekken

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
question for brosnan or anyone else, for all the new tekken people that only have experience playing 2d fighters, who was it that made those tutorials for learning tekken from this perspective? I've found that there are not as many transferable skills from 2d to 3d and learning is very hard

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Zand posted:

question for brosnan or anyone else, for all the new tekken people that only have experience playing 2d fighters, who was it that made those tutorials for learning tekken from this perspective? I've found that there are not as many transferable skills from 2d to 3d and learning is very hard

oh, good point.

The only 3d games i really got into were VF and DOA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i have enough tedious homework without trying to learn tekken on top of it