Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Policenaut posted:

Tecmo-Koei planning more Switch-exclusive games.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, but then again they're already in the habit of not localizing the Switch versions of many of their games.

Can't wait for them to make a good musou game and then a version with more content but dogshit graphics for the 3ds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In this case I believe the fire emblem musuo releases simultaneously on Switch and New 3/2DS, so I imagine they'll have the same content.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Good thing I don't care for fire emblem

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah some people aren't cut out for it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Dizz posted:

Good thing I don't care for fire emblem

I am summoned!!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jimmy Hats posted:

I am summoned!!

Go back to the shadowssss!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Just LOL if you guys think you aren't getting a billion words about the new fire emblem when it launches

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't even care that it's a 3ds game and not a switch game! Nyahahahahaha!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

KidDynamite posted:

How the gently caress do I get good at puyo puyo? there isn't an endless mode to practice with is there?

Go to single player > challenge > endless puyo

I still can't get the hang of it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Evil Fluffy posted:

Maybe you should've bought 2 Switches. :colbert:

Rollin' in my fo' with sixteen switches

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Anyone getting TumbleSeed tomorrow? It looks interesting to me but Switch owners might still be traumatized by the tilt control ball mazes in BotW so a whole game based on that might be a hard sell

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

enojy posted:

Rollin' in my fo' with sixteen switches

Mario Kart for the

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jimmy Hats posted:

Just LOL if you guys think you aren't getting a billion words about the new fire emblem when it launches

That one just came out in Japan. Don't remember when it comes out here.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Fire Emblem Warriors needs to hurry up so they can get to making Hyrule Warriors Deluxe.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Jimmy Hats posted:

I for one am glad you've found your gimmick

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cartoon Man posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors needs to hurry up so they can get to making Hyrule Warriors Deluxe.

I'd probably buy it for the third time if they did a Switch version with all the 3DS content sure :smith:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors but it was enough musuo for me for a long time. I'll be ready to play another one of it's an interesting property in like 5 years.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Joke's on you Nintendo, I can get my Puyo Puyo Tetris fix from just the demo :shepface:.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Joke's on you Nintendo, I can get my Puyo Puyo Tetris fix from just the demo :shepface:.

Yea, I really could've, too. I'm a casual Tetris player at best, and Puyo is kinda fun in its own way. With the way Adventure mode is shaping up, I am total garbage at the game and don't enjoy the kind of ultra-fast skillful play it's trying to encourage. I kinda wish I hadn't bought it.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

KidDynamite posted:

How the gently caress do I get good at puyo puyo? there isn't an endless mode to practice with is there?

You can fart around the offline mode on http://puyovs.net if the endless mode in the actual game isn't sufficient

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Can't get Satan with that kind of mindset!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Mario Kart......................................................is good.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

daimyo dragon in wonderboy is absolutely wrecking me, whatta dick!!

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Based on my experience last night, the Boo item was brought back to provide another way for the CPU to take the horn away from you right before a blue shell is launched.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
found out I can play Mario Kart while walking on the treadmill :feelsgood:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I have added the Switch friend code list to the bottom of the OP. Go ahead and add your information now if you haven't done so already

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

alf_pogs posted:

daimyo dragon in wonderboy is absolutely wrecking me, whatta dick!!

Let him walk up to you and swing his sword, he actually won't hit you. Then jump up and hit him in the face just as he raises it above his head. Repeat the jump and hit when he raises it in the air until he is off screen, then retreat away from the lightning. Go back to the middle of the screen and let him walk up to you again and repeat

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

parallelodad posted:

Let him walk up to you and swing his sword, he actually won't hit you. Then jump up and hit him in the face just as he raises it above his head. Repeat the jump and hit when he raises it in the air until he is off screen, then retreat away from the lightning. Go back to the middle of the screen and let him walk up to you again and repeat

thankyou! letting him swing and not connect was what kept trickin me. dang this is a good old game tho

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Send help I fell in love with Nintendo again.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Norns posted:

Send help I fell in love with Nintendo again.

Buy 1-2-Switch and call me in the morning

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The Uniqlo Nintendo Design winners are announced. I want all of these hot drat.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So despite rumors and claims Nintendo is purposely creating artificial scarcity for the Switch it turns out that have been using much more expensive air fright from China to try and get as many as they can to people who want one. I'm sure now that this news is out the goal posts from nerds on why the Switch launch is bad won't move at a-

quote:

So they're helping to destroy the environment, but who cares if people get their game console that plays ports from an older game console faster. SMH

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mario Kart really isn't that fun when you think about it. It's enjoyable but there's too much bs rubber banding to make it annoying as a single player game and tolerable as a two player game.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Mario Kart really isn't that fun when you think about it. It's enjoyable but there's too much bs rubber banding to make it annoying as a single player game and tolerable as a two player game.

This is a bad post even when I don't think about it

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually Mario Kart is good and DK is the best get hosed stupid squid girl game characters.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So despite rumors and claims Nintendo is purposely creating artificial scarcity for the Switch it turns out that have been using much more expensive air fright from China to try and get as many as they can to people who want one. I'm sure now that this news is out the goal posts from nerds on why the Switch launch is bad won't move at a-

lmbo

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
hmm I thought about it, no, it's still fun

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Empress Brosephine posted:

yikes.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Tempted to grab Mario Kart 8 deluxe. Nintendo never discounts their games as far as I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Sefal posted:

Tempted to grab Mario Kart 8 deluxe. Nintendo never discounts their games as far as I know

Yeah you should pretty much always preorder them on Amazon Prime for the discount as they won't get priced down until they are a Selects game 4 years from now.

• Locked thread