Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Is it just me or is T8 getting endlessly hosed by the new MM? I swear you get in T10 matches almost every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Barry posted:

Is it just me or is T8 getting endlessly hosed by the new MM? I swear you get in T10 matches almost every time.

i personally enjoy playing as bottom tier in my tier 8's, most of the time.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

serious gaylord posted:

I just noticed the T-50 moved from tier 4 to tier 5 and got a ridiculously good gun.
I'm pretty sure it always had the ridiculously good gun. I have had Matilda IVs rage at me for killing them with the old one because they didn't think a tier IV light should be able to reliably pen them.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Barry posted:

You'll still get in tier 10 matches, except now there are only a few 10s and mostly 8s in the battle.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Kilonum posted:

Looks like I picked the wrong weekend to come back to this game after not playing for a couple years :(

In other news, at least now I have a computer that stays at 60fps with everything maxed at 2560x1080

I'm still using the same laptop I played beta with. :thumbsup:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
some trade in bullshit going on right now seems cool now im a bit more thankful for this lovely tier 7 i got from wg stream ill check out how it works later i want a skorp g that'd be cool i think it only works with tech tree prems though

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Turmoilx posted:

some trade in bullshit going on right now seems cool now im a bit more thankful for this lovely tier 7 i got from wg stream ill check out how it works later i want a skorp g that'd be cool i think it only works with tech tree prems though

:stare: Lay off the pipe dude.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Maus is such a fun tank to play now.

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper"

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

http://wotreplays.com/site/3544756#stats

When the new mm puts the Defender in majority 7 games it gets pretty silly.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Also just managed a Luchs Ace. This game is absolute silliness. Really fun trolling around in this go cart.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3544854#tundra-axetrain-pz_kpfw_ii_luchs

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Axetrain posted:

Also just managed a Luchs Ace. This game is absolute silliness. Really fun trolling around in this go cart.

It was very polite of your tier 6s to do fuckall and allow you and the toaster to get so much XP!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Axetrain posted:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3544854#tundra-axetrain-pz_kpfw_ii_luchs
Latching onto a huge shitbrick tank's side with a tank too small for it to shoot will never not be funny as hell. :allears:

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Played my first game in forever. I don't know why I was expecting the UI to be any better than it was two years ago. I think I spent a good five minutes just sorting through the clusterfuck of armor in my hanger.

Three years after I got it, people are still trying to shoot through the turret of my Type 59. Some things never change. :china:

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Does the Tetrarch ever go on sale these days? I'm a late joiner, so my only experience with the tank was via the 5-match rental offer. Now that I actually know my way around the game somewhat, I've come to appreciate its high speed and strong gun much more, but there is no way to purchase it in the shop.

Surely Wargaming cannot be this averse to taking my money?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
A number of the links in the OP are old, Jimbo's crosshair hasn't updated in ages, etc. What's the cool way to unfuck the UI in the latest patch? When did the sniper scope turn green? Why is it green?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Burt posted:

:stare: Lay off the pipe dude.

you wanna fight about it we can meet at himmelsdorf

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

What's the cool way to unfuck the UI in the latest patch?

the settings menu

no seriously. there's even an option for a solid reticle outline now

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

When did the sniper scope turn green? Why is it green?

ages ago, because the worst kind of people think it looks more realistic

untick "Enable optics effect in Sniper mode"

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

3 battles still not washed up http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Turmoilx/1003462681/ 3 battles still burnt out thats all it took for me to get all flustered and log off 2/3 i call that a win and of course that trade in thing isnt what it should be i knew it

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

When did the sniper scope turn green? Why is it green?

Search for the "scope shadow remover" mod to remove the tint entirely.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I've just tried playing some artillery and at first I was disappointed by what has become of the M44, even though I won both matches and did well in them. Then I played the FV304 and finally got my mastery badge in the first game I played.

Then again, was the FV304 affected by the arty changes? Felt pretty much the same as before.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So I don't usually install tank skins, but since I've been a bit annoyed that WG still haven't given the Churchill III a HD model, I decided to check out the modded HD model in Aslain's modpack and god drat this thing looks badass now. Highly recommended.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Gimmick Account posted:

Does the Tetrarch ever go on sale these days? I'm a late joiner, so my only experience with the tank was via the 5-match rental offer. Now that I actually know my way around the game somewhat, I've come to appreciate its high speed and strong gun much more, but there is no way to purchase it in the shop.

No, the Tetrarch was like the last good gift tank. I think the only way you'll get one nowadays is as a special tourney award or something like that.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

A number of the links in the OP are old, Jimbo's crosshair hasn't updated in ages, etc. What's the cool way to unfuck the UI in the latest patch? When did the sniper scope turn green? Why is it green?

By the way, OMC ModPack is kaput as of now, so if you want a variety of mods you've pretty much got to go with Aslain's.

R. Mute posted:

I've just tried playing some artillery and at first I was disappointed by what has become of the M44, even though I won both matches and did well in them. Then I played the FV304 and finally got my mastery badge in the first game I played.

Then again, was the FV304 affected by the arty changes? Felt pretty much the same as before.

I think the 304 didn't change much, because it only had one shell to begin with and didn't get the stun mechanic in the new patch (IIRC.)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Gimmick Account posted:

I have a "Recruit Training" tab in my Missions and Specials window on my gimmick account. I dunno if you had to be a recruit for someone for that but it seems likely? Anyway I did a bunch of those missions and have a non-rental Tetrarch so it was probably a reward for that.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Prav posted:

the settings menu

no seriously. there's even an option for a solid reticle outline now

ages ago, because the worst kind of people think it looks more realistic

untick "Enable optics effect in Sniper mode"

Going to have to play with option menu, then. I glanced at the reticule poo poo before work and it looked like the same options at first. Thanks.

Hellsau posted:

I have a "Recruit Training" tab in my Missions and Specials window on my gimmick account. I dunno if you had to be a recruit for someone for that but it seems likely? Anyway I did a bunch of those missions and have a non-rental Tetrarch so it was probably a reward for that.

All the cool kids got them a few years ago when they gave them out as a free code :cool:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
The only change to the 304 was them cutting the pen in half.

e: oh and it lost 55m of view range

Steelion fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 1, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

So me and Exia ran into a KV-4 Kreslavskiy a couple days ago, which is basically a rear turret KV-4. He asked how you got that and I said it was a CW reward. I remarked that it was such poo poo that I didn't even bother to grind it out. We then proceeded to bounce on it a bunch, and he said something about it having good front armor.

Turns out we just got lovely pen rolls repeatedly. He failed to pen with E 50 shots to that plate, I failed to pen with a straight unangled 208 pen T-54 Light shot, lol +/-25% RNG. Tier 8 heavy with a giant flat 180mm front plate with a rear turret and a poor gun is kind of bad. The usual KV weakspot is 140mm, the cupola is 180mm and the turret face is almost as crappy as the regular KV-4's. Shame they don't put out overpowered CW reward tanks like the Defender/Patriot/Liberte though I guess they'd rather get $50 than reward enfranchised players.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 1, 2017

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

So WN8 is being changed from per tank values to simple tier/class average.

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/26899-wn8-change-to-averaged-expected-values/#comment-754275

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/684nbr/official_update_to_wn8_final/

Looks like the wotlabs team is just done updating all the specific tank values, half of them have quit the game and the rest are tired of putting in alot of work for no pay, understandably.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Axetrain posted:

So WN8 is being changed from per tank values to simple tier/class average.

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/26899-wn8-change-to-averaged-expected-values/#comment-754275

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/684nbr/official_update_to_wn8_final/

Looks like the wotlabs team is just done updating all the specific tank values, half of them have quit the game and the rest are tired of putting in alot of work for no pay, understandably.

WN8 is completely worthless right now because the per-tank values are all based on whatever a bunch of idiot stat padder spergs want them to be, see also the stupid E 50/Patton troll damage values that I guess they finally fixed? The expected damage damage for those tanks was set to like 5000 for a few months.

Doing these based on classes by tiers is incredibly stupid. Performing adequately in a PTA should be rewarded more than an equal performance in a Skoda T50 or T54E1 or T-54. Performing well in an E 75 shouldn't be rewarded as much as....I was going to put a bad tier 9 heavy here but I guess the Type 4 and ST-I are fine now and so I guess the Mauschen? Tier 9 heavies are great. There still isn't a better metric than just winrate + either average tier or WN6/WN7. Winrate padding is super easy to identify by just looking at a service record. Every single stat based clan recruitment drive has been a disaster on the NA server because stats don't matter for clan wars at all, yet mediocre players think that having 3000 recent WN8 somehow makes a player able to pen enemy tanks or shows that they will actually listen when the caller says "*PLAYERNAME* push into their tanks" when it almost always just ends up with the supposed good player ignoring the caller and saying that if they pushed in the enemy might have turned around and shot at them.

wow i've gotten really off track, WN8 is garbage, set your XVM to use WN6 and never go to wotlabs forums

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

just aim better next time hellsau you probably just had high ping gosh

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gimmick Account posted:

They're not, which is why the Tet is almost always included as a "bonus" with pricey Russian packages for like $59.99 nowadays.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

just aim better next time hellsau you probably just had high ping gosh

No poo poo the packet loss on my gimmick account today was laughable, going from 30 to 80 to 250 ping constantly. I'd click my gun, I'd fire off 8 Pz1C shots, and then I'd get nothing for another two second when the rest of my shots go out. I wouldn't be surprised if I was just packet lossing and my shells weren't going where they appeared to be, especially since I was having a hell of a time actually penning poo poo in strongholds last night.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I had a weird thing happen the other day when my M44 could turn using the mouse but WASD keys wouldn't work so I just shot poo poo from where I spawned that's my new patch story.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holy poo poo the french female voices are going to be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, just absolutely emotionless and akwardly worded.

All other voices sound at least decent though.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Creamed Cormp posted:

Holy poo poo the french female voices are going to be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, just absolutely emotionless and akwardly worded.

All other voices sound at least decent though.

Are they adding them?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

xthetenth posted:

Are they adding them?
Seems like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ToHWV1uOTc

The US one sounds like she's talking to herself.

EDIT: I also applaud WG's restraint for not giving the Japanese a squeaky anime girl voice.

EDIT2: The Swede lady sounds pretty good.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 1, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Nordick posted:

EDIT2: The Swede lady sounds pretty good.

i'm not sold. no flow.

also lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ToHWV1uOTc&feature=youtu.be&t=3096

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The UK and US voices sound bored and the UK voice sound like someone doing a bad job at an accent. Typical Wargaming quality.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Steelion posted:

The only change to the 304 was them cutting the pen in half.

e: oh and it lost 55m of view range
I was wondering why I wasn't one-shotting some of the softer targets. That explains it.

Anyway i've been playing this rental T34 that's been dropped in my garage and it's pretty good. Not as good tier for tier as the T29, but it deffo does what it says on the tin - and that is "strong turret, big gun." Its accuracy is also kind of bullshit at times - I shouldn't be able to snipe T110E4 cupolas from a couple of 100s of meters away with this gun.

Biggest thing that shocked me was just how much credits this thing grinds out. I always hated WOT's economy seeing as I don't have any premium tanks and no premium account and this just rubs it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I got the Tetrarch when I signed up, I believe it was the current reddit code at the time. Fun little tank that I rarely play.