Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Sefal posted:

Tempted to grab Mario Kart 8 deluxe. Nintendo never discounts their games as far as I know

Fair warning: Mario Kart is not fun!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah we had a string of these last night where this one guy managed to (easily) get first like 5-6 times in a row while 2nd-6th kept loving each other giving 1st place even more space.

This is Mario Kart in a nutshell

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

200cc is still so stupid. Even gimping my speed as much as I can with a baby character and tons of braking, it's just too fast for these course layouts. At least full cups are over in like under 5 minutes so I can keep replaying them and hope I don't get spamfucked by items the next time.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

enojy posted:

200cc is still so stupid. Even gimping my speed as much as I can with a baby character and tons of braking, it's just too fast for these course layouts. At least full cups are over in like under 5 minutes so I can keep replaying them and hope I don't get spamfucked by items the next time.

Mario Drift actually owns.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
My Wii U MK8 experience was generally that, if somebody else came in First, then they were like practically a lap ahead of the rest of us, but if I came in first place it was by milliseconds.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So despite rumors and claims Nintendo is purposely creating artificial scarcity for the Switch it turns out that have been using much more expensive air fright from China to try and get as many as they can to people who want one. I'm sure now that this news is out the goal posts from nerds on why the Switch launch is bad won't move at a-

I'm pretty sure jet fuel burns cleaner than bunker fuel.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

enojy posted:

Hint: You don't need to hold down the accelerator the whole race

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Not a Children posted:

Hint: You don't need to hold down the accelerator the whole race

This is why you lose

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

enojy posted:

:gitgud:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
To be fair, 150cc and under teaches you to play in a way that explicitly DOES NOT WORK for 200cc.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

You can accelerate with Y. :aaa:

Now I don't have to play with my middle finger on A and my index finger on B.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The joycons are small enough you could easily cover A and b with your thumb anyway.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
my switch library within the first two months is BOTW, MK8D, PPT, WonderBoy, and Neo Turf Masters

pretty strong imo

e: although I wish Neo Turf Masters had online

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Are there games like Metroid fusion, zero mission on the Switch?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want to play this new unfun Mario Kart game, because right now I just have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Sefal posted:

If you're a halfway decent Nintendo fan you can close your eyes and play through all of Super Metroid in your memory.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sefal posted:

If you mean Metroidvanias, then Blaster Master Zero, kinda. There's also at least one other one coming this year under the nindies lineup.

If you mean those games, specifically, then no.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Yeah, metroidvanias. Only have Zelda at the moment.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

enojy posted:

200cc Baby Park is utter loving insanity and I love it. You have no clue if the guy overtaking you is in second place or just lapped far behind and trying to catch up, and there is no margin of safety behind your rear end, because it is seven laps of pure chaos against everyone :allears:.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
No real Metroidvanias yet, but Hollow Knight should be coming sometime this year on switch which might be what you're looking for

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Baby Park is actually a battle stage in disguise and it's great

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Sefal, here's the game I was thinking of that's coming out probably this summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GIrAeNRupI

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Looks fun. Will most likely try it out when it's released

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Baby Park is the best track Mario Kart has ever had.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Kashuno posted:

After the cruise ship one but yeah

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Bum the Sad posted:

Yeah you should pretty much always preorder them on Amazon Prime for the discount as they won't get priced down until they are a Selects game 4 years from now.

I am still waiting for my pre-ordered Amazon copy of MK8.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Me, an intellectual: buying MK8 on the eshop a week after it came out.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at some of the voice acting in zelda. Am I way too early at the zora place to get the shock arrows with only 5 hearts because the monster keeps one shotting me or am I supposed to run around collecting arrows and jumping off?

I've been finding that i'll be travelling somewhere fine and then all of a sudden a basic enemy one shots me because its weapons are a far higher level

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
No that's how the game is, I'm at endgame and monsters will either do chip damage, half damage, or 99% of my health even with fully upgraded armor

Oh I misread, you're supposed to sneak around then jump off or you can be an idiot like me and try to kill it while learning how to perfect dodge in the process

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Jose posted:

lol at some of the voice acting in zelda. Am I way too early at the zora place to get the shock arrows with only 5 hearts because the monster keeps one shotting me or am I supposed to run around collecting arrows and jumping off?

I've been finding that i'll be travelling somewhere fine and then all of a sudden a basic enemy one shots me because its weapons are a far higher level

You're supposed to run around picking up his trash arrows and then jump off, yeah. It took me a few trips. Lynels can't be fought unless:
You're later in the game and have a really powerful bow and the upgraded Stasis Rune, or you're like a supernatural prodigy at dodging attacks. Uh, and even then in the latter case you're likely to break all your weapons before he runs out of HP.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
200cc tip: you will often need to tap the brakes while doing slides.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jose posted:

Try sneaking instead and grab the arrows off the trees and grass.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kashuno posted:

All the tracks are the best.

All of them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

deadly_pudding posted:

You're supposed to run around picking up his trash arrows and then jump off, yeah. It took me a few trips. Lynels can't be fought unless:
You're later in the game and have a really powerful bow and the upgraded Stasis Rune, or you're like a supernatural prodigy at dodging attacks. Uh, and even then in the latter case you're likely to break all your weapons before he runs out of HP.

Ok thought as much. Is there an actual order you're expected to do the great beasts? I'm doing this one since its the first I've come to

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Do not fight that Lynel but also do not fight Lynels at a distance it is a bad idea.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Keep doing Zora Divine Beast first because you'll get something that's insanely useful for newer/bad players

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.

Jose posted:

Ok thought as much. Is there an actual order you're expected to do the great beasts? I'm doing this one since its the first I've come to

I don't think there's a set order, but it definitely feels like the Rito Divine Beast is the easiest and the Gerudo the hardest, relatively speaking.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Jose posted:

There's no mandated order, but to make traveling as carefree as possible, Vah Ruta (Zora) and Vah Medoh (Rito) are the best to hit first.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Phantasium posted:

Do not fight that Lynel but also do not fight Lynels at a distance it is a bad idea.

You can actually kill that first lynel with him not seeing you by climbing one of the rocks and popping him in the back of the head with arrows and hiding when he turns your way

enojy posted:

There's no mandated order, but to make traveling as carefree as possible, Vah Ruta (Zora) and Vah Medoh (Rito) are the best to hit first.

I would say Zora first simply because nearby shrines are where you find all the pieces of climbing gear

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The game certainly tries to get you into Zora first, what with all the scouts spread around going HEY HYLIAN WHY DON'T YOU COME OVER TO FISHTOWN

• Locked thread