Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 359 days!

I know we joked about his li'l babby hands alot in the past but holy smokes they're still jarring to look at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

More dets on the agreement

quote:

The estimated $1-trillion omnibus package would provide $12.5 billion in increased military funding, about half the amount Trump requested from Congress. Another $2.5 billion for defense is available if the administration submits a counter-terrorism strategy to fight Islamic State.

But the final deal failed to include the big cuts to domestic non-defense accounts that Trump was seeking, and thus emerged as something of an embarrassment to the White House in his first budget negotiation with Congress.

It actually would increase federal spending on medical research, green energy programs and other areas that the White House had pegged for sharp reductions. Under it, the National Institutes of Health would see an increase of 6%, or $2 billion.

Though the package does include $1.5 billion for border security, the money is expected to pay for technology and infrastructure repairs along the Southwest border, not more detention facilities or deportation officers.

The legislation is also free of more than 160 policy riders intended to restrict abortion access, loosen financial regulations or serve other Republican priorities that could have doomed Democratic support. It notably would not cut money for Planned Parenthood, a White House target.

quote:

The top Democrat on the House Appropriations Committee, Rep. Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.), noted that $68 million was added "to reimburse law enforcement agencies for costs incurred helping to protect President Trump and the First Family,” including his adult children.

Trump engineered the fiscal standoff shortly after he was elected, insisting late last year that Congress should fund the government for only a few months so he could put his stamp on federal spending as the new president.

quote:

The bill also includes $295 million to help assist Puerto Rico’s struggling Medicaid program and $2 billion in disaster funding for several states, including California, West Virginia, Louisiana and North Carolina. There is $407 million for fighting wildfires in the West.

Among the new domestic spending is $100 million to stem the opioid drug crisis, as well as money for infrastructure investments in Amtrak, particularly along its East Coast rail service.

Both sides would like to put the threat of government shutdowns aside, especially as Republicans try to mark some legislative accomplishments under Trump after failing — twice — to garner enough votes in the House to bring a proposed replacement bill for Obamacare to the floor for a vote.

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) can afford to lose only about two dozen votes from his ranks, but the final budget package is expected to draw wide support from Democrats.

Earlier Sunday, Trump complained that his first 100 days in office taught him that Congress moves slowly, with “arcane” rules.

quote:

If approved, the omnibus deal would fund the government through the end of the fiscal year, Sept. 30.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-congress-budget-deal-20170430-story.html

Not seeing anything talking about the State Dept specifically, but that doesn't seem to be suffering any cuts so far.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Fox and Friends had all sorts of people on today to talk about how Bin Laden was killed. Of course there was no mention of Obama authorizing the raid cause it was so simple obviously it was a no brainer (ignore Trump's Benghazi a week into his presidency)

Also they had like 4 people on to defend torture.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA2gPd0KEIE

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Oh man that 12.5 billion is going to make for 6 nice shiny new B-2s, or 2 new aircraft carriers.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

prefect posted:

Not a suicide bombing.

oh well that aint gonna be a thing

hopeless shootouts right nearby will be how they do it, real suicides dont get to go to heaven is a common enogh belief that theyll finicum themselves

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol what happened with this?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/timothypmurphy/status/859056373031677952

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

GobiasIndustries posted:

nothing to see here!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
One of the better outcomes for Trump's presidency would be 4 years of failures to meet his major campaign promises (wall, ACA repeal, tax cuts) but his supporters still think they've been winning the last 4 years and...uh, hmmm....nothing is different, huh. Wages are still declining, infrastructure is crumbling, and coal jobs didn't come back. Oh well, as long as the orange man tells us everything is ok, we don't need to cause any major damage.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

GobiasIndustries posted:

That's how John Dickerson's interview on Saturday ended.

Trump also told John that he likes to call his show "Disgrace the Nation" (instead of Face the Nation).

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

logikv9 posted:

TRUMPTRUMPTRUMPTRUMEOSLDJHRKSLSLJF

:same:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

if only someone was there to make a deal before the civil war broke out

Sadly the president was Donald J Trump so all hope was lost

nopants
May 29, 2004

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

jwhat the gently caress is wrong with season 1?

No frank

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
pretty sure you shouldn't swallow any pills trump's dropping

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/859054295836221442

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joementum posted:

Trump also told John that he likes to call his show "Disgrace the Nation" (instead of Face the Nation).

"Deface the Nation", actually.

https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/858957835715002369
https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/858960496220815360
https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/858973066088423424

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Joementum posted:

used to be deface the nation diddnt it

e: confirmed :smugdon:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Knight posted:

One of the better outcomes for Trump's presidency would be 4 years of failures to meet his major campaign promises (wall, ACA repeal, tax cuts) but his supporters still think they've been winning the last 4 years and...uh, hmmm....nothing is different, huh. Wages are still declining, infrastructure is crumbling, and coal jobs didn't come back. Oh well, as long as the orange man tells us everything is ok, we don't need to cause any major damage.

guess it's better than that happens with trump and his supporters than it would've with hilary and hers

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Shageletic posted:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-congress-budget-deal-20170430-story.html

Not seeing anything talking about the State Dept specifically, but that doesn't seem to be suffering any cuts so far.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Brother Entropy posted:

guess it's better than that happens with trump and his supporters than it would've with hilary and hers

American politics: Trying to stave off an impending disaster 4 years at time. If you win, you still lose because the public will want to mix things up and try fascism for shits and giggles.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
lol he had a loving 100 days sheet cake party

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/859056560554856449

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

prefect posted:

Not a suicide bombing.

In a sense it was

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Joementum posted:

He's also previously said DEFACE the nation

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Trump Failcake.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

GobiasIndustries posted:

lmao the potus is doin pua moves on the media. fantastic

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Joementum posted:

pretty sure you shouldn't swallow any pills trump's dropping

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/859054295836221442

reminder that red pill is a reference to a movie made by two transgender women and that r/redpill are cucks.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

prefect posted:

Not a suicide bombing.

fox news taught me suicide bombing was actually homocide bombing, so there's no difference

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

When did "red pill" become synonymous with complete and utter bullshit?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Joementum posted:

I don't stand by anything.

I loathe this miserable oval office of a president.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

MadJackal posted:

I loathe this miserable oval office of a president.

I've spent a lot of time making calculations, and I've come to the conclusion that Trump is bad.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shageletic posted:

This seems like a total win for the left?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

prefect posted:

I just hope he can't break out by punching through the wall to our universe.

afaik only superboy can do that

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
why do these people keep asking the president anything, what will they gain

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

how did a fully controlled repub govt pass a center left budget

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

magiccarpet posted:

Art of the Deal, baby.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

boethius posted:

I've spent a lot of time making calculations, and I've come to the conclusion that Trump is bad.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

zegermans posted:

huh weird Bannon doesn't seem like the type of person who lionizes "Roof Koreans" because they had carte blanche to kill black people.

Ironically, a Korean killing a school girl for not paying fast enough and getting a slap on the wrist is one of the reasons the LA riots happened.

no it isnt

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

magiccarpet posted:

They had to court democrats, because there was no way they could make it far-right enough to satisfy their own suicide caucus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

boethius posted:

When did "red pill" become synonymous with complete and utter bullshit?

when dumb shitheads convinced themselves that they had found the hidden truths of this world, and the truth is that I am right about everything and all my problems are everyone else's fault. it is feminism's fault that I ejaculate prematurely.

• Locked thread