Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

ChocNitty posted:

I agree, the black beauty with gold hardware is the bomb. I watched Buzz Osbourne of the Melvins melt peoples faces off with that guitar, at many gigs.

Just as his corrosive mutant sweat melted the cover off his bridge pickup, time and again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

I need to stop buying guitars. '94 MIJ HSS Fender Squier series with Floyd Rose. Got a SD Cool Rails on order for middle pickup, gonna run a Hot Rails neck and something yet to be decided for the bridge. Have a Tele and a Strat with single coils so wanted something that I can use for a little heavier sound.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
maiden rules

rio
Mar 20, 2008

There is actually no good reason to stop buying guitars unless you physically have run out of room to store them.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

rio posted:

There is actually no good reason to stop buying guitars unless you physically have run out of room to store them.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

rio posted:

The correct number of guitars to have is n+1, where n is the number of guitars you currently have.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Got the Nashville Tele stuff all finished up. I was gonna do the drilling/plugs myself, but I could not get access to a drill press, so I had a local guy do it.

Bridge thimble holes before repair - ragged, too deep, and too wide. The thimbles just kinda floated in space here:

Drilled out, plugged with ash, re-drilled, thimbles pressed:

Two hours of neck shims, bridge height, saddle height, and pickup height adjustment later, here's the finished thing:

The luthier managed to put a hole in the back when he drilled a channel for a ground wire, which he was super embarrassed and apologetic about. He drop filled and wet sanded it so you can't feel it there, and then fully refunded me for all the work he did on the guitar. It's a pretty tiny hole.

My wife loves it, so I guess this is her tele now and I need to buy myself another. Here's a void shaped like her playing it.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

wow that's weird

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I mean why wouldn't you go maple fretboard?! I respect your decision, however.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I mean why wouldn't you go maple fretboard?! I respect your decision, however.
I probably would have preferred maple too but you can't be too picky for 300 bux. I'm doubling down on rosewood, though: my next tele will most likely have a solid rosewood neck.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I basically have the Squier two-pickup version of that and I love it to pieces. Hate that bridge though. Drives me up the wall, the low E constantly slips out of its groove so I can either have it out of tune or not centered over the pole.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Pretty sure this could go into Stupid Music poo poo as well, but I did buy this. AliExpress SRV #1 copy, $220 during their anniversary sale. Ordered March 30th, delivered today.

One small issue, but I'm not going to worry about it too much.

Seriously, the outline is right there! Surprisingly, the neck isn't in there crooked and doesn't move at all. Fret work is really good, especially when compared to most new guitars I've picked up. Tuned it up, played as it was sent for a little bit and everything seems fine, but I will need to do a proper setup and change strings since it came with 9s and they are floppy as hell. Pickups will likely get changed, maybe the tuners. Doesn't have the custom shop markings or SRV's signature on the back, which is fine with me since that strays in counterfeit territory. And for all the parts that are aged/relic'd, the pickguard isn't even slightly scuffed.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

widefault posted:

Pretty sure this could go into Stupid Music poo poo as well, but I did buy this. AliExpress SRV #1 copy, $220 during their anniversary sale. Ordered March 30th, delivered today.

One small issue, but I'm not going to worry about it too much.

Seriously, the outline is right there! Surprisingly, the neck isn't in there crooked and doesn't move at all. Fret work is really good, especially when compared to most new guitars I've picked up. Tuned it up, played as it was sent for a little bit and everything seems fine, but I will need to do a proper setup and change strings since it came with 9s and they are floppy as hell. Pickups will likely get changed, maybe the tuners. Doesn't have the custom shop markings or SRV's signature on the back, which is fine with me since that strays in counterfeit territory. And for all the parts that are aged/relic'd, the pickguard isn't even slightly scuffed.

Not a huge fan of chinese copies, but that's a pretty cool guitar nonetheless. If it plays well you might have a really nice piece if you swap in some better pickups and other electronics.

9s on an SRV however is upsetting. The dude loved thick strings.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

The Science Goy posted:

I just picked up a Zoom Q2n to record rehearsals and shows:

(my fidget cube arrived the same day)

This little sucker can do some pretty great recordings. We had been using the drummer's cell phone as it had the least lovely camera, but this is in another league. Clear sound through the whole range, from bass and kick up to sibilance and cymbals. Video quality is a bit worse than the recent GoPros, but this costs less by a wide margin. For $200 US including a 64GB high speed microSD card, it's pretty drat good. And it has a little screen so you can tell what is included in the shot!

Trip report after using this camera for a bit:

drat, it's good for $200. Low-light video isn't great, especially if there is a stage light or overhead light directly in the shot, but that is true for everything in a similar price range. It does have different camera modes that might help a bit with those situations, but I've just used Auto so far because I'm lazy and haven't done any testing.

Here's a raw sample of its output (my YouTube channel, but not my band). The camera got moved after I set it up, so the view angle isn't great, but the main draw of the product is the audio. No drum mics, the only thing running through the PA is the didgeridoo (!) and vocals. The camera is about 15-20 feet from the front of the stage area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru5itrC-REo

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I got music for a musical I am doing next week and there is a poo poo ton of notes down on the low B string and since I have all four string basses except a 6 string that I have tuned an octave below the guitar (so no low B) I went out to guitar center to impulse buy a cheap 5 string since I got a check for an old gig in the mail today (not exaggerating - the gig was one year ago five or take a week or two).

First of all the selection was not great and second of all it was typical poo poo setup basses for the most part. Which was good I guess since it kept me from wanting to buy them. I mean, they had nice Ibanez basses that I would have loved to try and might have splurged on but I could fit my pinky finger under the strings...I brought Allen wrenches expecting that but I forgot a screw driver so anything with a truss rod cover that played with poo poo I left as is.

I ended up trying to choose between a SUB Ray5 (cheap music man stringray) and a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz 5 string. They both had their own things going on but the Jazz had more character even though the low B was not as strong since it has passive pickups. I asked if they had another on in the back because the pots were loose and the saleskid said they didn't and couldn't take any money off but they could order a new one. Now, it is worth mentioning that out of principle I always try to get money off of I am buying a guitar or bass at a big box store, and so far I have a 100% success rate. So I said that no, I could just order one somewhere else online and I needed it right away anyway. So then the story changed to them being able to fix it right away and he got the repair guy who was on break. He took off the knob and they started to try to minimize it by saying that it was probably just the knobs so I went in the repair room to check it out and the pot post itself was definitely loose. He had the kid go get some knobs and all they had were the screw on kind and at that point luckily the repair guy showed that he cared enough to tell the truth and told the kid that would just damage the posts since they were meant for the kind of knows you just push on. So he went to another bass and took the knobs off to put on this one and the problem was still there. At that point they were very apologetic, which was nice, and I asked again about cutting a deal. Saleskid talked to the manager and I got 15% off for a problem that is easily fixable and not an issue at all. So my success rate is still 100%.

Anyway, that was just such a typical Guitar Center experience I thought I would share it. The bass itself is the tits. I remember not so long ago if a student came to me with a Squier I would recommend them taking it back or getting it replaced because they were just such poo poo, so it is kind of surreal having a Squier myself that sounds good and plays really well after setting it up and putting flats on it. There is one high fret which I will fix, and of course the loose bridge volume pot which I will fix if it becomes an issue (which I do not foresee happening)...but it is really weird that I have much nicer instruments and now have a Squier that I LIKE and will be playing professionally. Fender really stepped up their game. The only down side is that I was hoping they would have a 5 string P bass in stock - some blues dad and I were chatting and he said they had one there just a few weeks ago but it was gone. It is weird that they don't keep things in stock anymore but I know that the company is hurting so I guess that is playing into it.

Here are some photos. I am digging the look even though it is modest. The black back binding and black fret marker inlays look very cool in person and are hard to get in the photos. The neck has some nice grain in it but the indoor lighting isn't showing it with crappy phone photos but :effort:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That looks real nice! :allears:

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.
Assembled the pedalboard today. Thought that the Joyo base would be way too big, buy it's pretty much the perfect size.

Nothing but the finest pedals that AliExpress has to offer...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

metaxus posted:

Assembled the pedalboard today. Thought that the Joyo base would be way too big, buy it's pretty much the perfect size.

Nothing but the finest pedals that AliExpress has to offer...
That Nux Amp Force pedal: does it do good modeling?

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
So, just had a good weekend. I'd had a Martin that I inherited a few years back from family that never really got used, in part because the action was just hideously awful. Decided to bring it to a local music shop to see if I could trade it for a couple hundred bucks in credit, given how annoyingly unplayable it was.

Yeah, turns out a 1964 Martin ends up being a lot of trade-in credit. They're going to be repairing it for sale and absolutely know their poo poo, so I'm glad it'll get a neck re-set and go on to make someone very happy. Me? I never used it that much, so the repair costs would have been over what I wanted to spend, and instead got to play with new things.

After playing around with gear, I ended up falling in love with this awesome Frankenstein Jazzmaster - Bigsby trem, hand-machined brass compensated saddles that give it a strange Tele-Jazzmaster hybrid sound, awesome neck feeling, and a bizarre pickup schematic that involves stacked Jazzmaster pickups to create a humbucker-esque option in the bridge position. It's an awesomely weird guitar, plus I still have a bunch of credit for additional supplies. Only issue is a nick in the fretboard at the first fret which doesn't affect playability at all, so it's basically a guitar with a ton of character and weirdness.

Also including bonus shots of newly-built pedalboard Mk. 1 (still need to add carrying handle, add non-slip footers, and wire in a power supply and possibly an effects loop out) and my terribly goofy-looking homebuilt Telecaster strung up for a stupid Horrorpunk show, as well as background Tone Chihuahua who keeps stealing straps and hiding them in his bed.

Hedningen fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 30, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It's a MURDER Tele!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Whoa, lot of cool new things in the thread, awesome! Those pedal boards are great.

widefault posted:

SRV Guitar

I'm a huge fan of chinese fakes. Never played one, I just like them on principal.
Fender and Gibson have become greedy and lazy, and some part of me hopes these fakes might put pressure on them to either lower their prices back to sane levels or increase their quality enough to make the fakes not worth it.
These days I hear the fakes, playability wise, aren't *quite* there but nothing a professional setup can't fix while being about 1/10th of the price of the real thing.

I plan on getting one soon.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

That telecaster looks badass. It hurts me to see someone selling a '64 Martin though!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

It's a MURDER Tele!

I think you mean a broadaxecaster.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

rio posted:

That telecaster looks badass. It hurts me to see someone selling a '64 Martin though!

To be fair, the shop it went to is goddamn amazing. They're seriously great with Martin instruments - they got flown out to Nazareth for the anniversary - and it's the prototypical old music shop, right down to being able to meet the owner whose name is on the sign.

I never would have traded it if I thought I would get around to fixing it, but that wasn't really the case - it was more than I wanted to spend to repair an instrument I never really utilized, as I'm perfectly happy with my current acoustic. I see it as passing it on to someone who will really value and play the instrument.

Also, I've needed a good headstock logo. I feel like Murder-tele is a good one.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Oh man that's the raddest Tele i've seen in forever. Infinitely jealous.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

Oh man that's the raddest Tele i've seen in forever. Infinitely jealous.

Thank you.

To be frank, I honestly wasn't expecting people to like the Tele that much. It was an on/off puttering project in my basement to build.

The finish was actually pretty simple, apart from tons of sanding. Started by using black-dyed grain filler, then dyed the whole body in two coats of Wilkinson wood dye in cherry red. Followed that with a hand-rubbed burst-esque thing using leftover black dye, then about twenty five coats of Tru-oil and a few finishing coats of wax. I figure it'll get more worn over the years, so it'll start looking properly worn.

Wiring is a bit funky - had the original cheap no-name pickups that were noisy as hell, but I repotted them and they worked better. Then ended up getting a cheap overwound Duncan Antiquity '55 for the bridge and a Hot Rail in the neck, along with the addition of a .033uF cap in the tone circuit to roll off the sparkle more aggressively.

Both instruments are a joy to play, and I'm now the proud owner of multiple Fender-style guitars that weren't actually made by Fender.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Hedningen posted:

To be fair, the shop it went to is goddamn amazing. They're seriously great with Martin instruments - they got flown out to Nazareth for the anniversary - and it's the prototypical old music shop, right down to being able to meet the owner whose name is on the sign.

I never would have traded it if I thought I would get around to fixing it, but that wasn't really the case - it was more than I wanted to spend to repair an instrument I never really utilized, as I'm perfectly happy with my current acoustic. I see it as passing it on to someone who will really value and play the instrument.
I have mixed feelings, myself. You guys have seen the 1938 Martin Orchestra Model I inherited from my Granddad, through my Dad. In the 1960's the poor guitar was painted black and had double country-western pickguards on it and they shaved down the bridge saddle instead of re-setting the neck. I am not mourning the loss of the value of the stock instrument, because it's an heirloom and I'd never sell it. It's just that it should have been repaired with a neck re-set (lifetime warranty, Hi) and the cosmetic change is, um, unfortunate.

I am immensely in love with the guitar because my Granddad bought it new from Mel Bay (the man himself, not his company) in St. Louis. It sounds amazing. Loud and bright, almost like a violin. But it's impossible to play well for any length of time. It's murder on the hands.

From time to time I am tempted to think of what I could get for it, and what I'd buy with that money; but it's a non-starter idea for obvious reasons. I get nostalgic about cheap rear end tools. I have a Cross pen that I bought for $30 when I got a promotion in 2003 and I carry it to this day. I get attached to stuff. I can't imagine cashing in on my Granddad's Martin.

So, all that said, I am really glad your Martin will likely go to someone who will treasure it for what it is.

In new gear news, I will be posting pics later this week because I've been buying stuff willy and nilly.

Today I bought minor stuff like a tripod for my camera, a small boom stand for a microphone, some new Martin Marquis strings, and an absolutely gorgeous burgundy suede Levy's guitar strap with a set of nickel Schaller strap-locks (it really is a lovely guitar strap.)

But this week I expect to take delivery of an ART Pro MPA II microphone pre-amp. With that, since it is capable of Mid/Side mic recording (a thing I just learned about) I also bought and will receive an MXL R144 Heritage Edition ribbon microphone (I needed a mic with a figure-8 polar pattern for Mid/Side and this one seemed to be really great for the price, and I wanted the nice case; as cheap ribbon mics seem to be... fragile.) I also got my DOD Boneshaker. O, and I bought a pair of Mullard 12AX7s to put in the ART mic-pre. I've been a little crazy with my money this last week. Pics are forthcoming once I get the mic-pre and R144 mic.

The plan is still to record "before modding" clips of the Blues Jr. (using the new preamp and mics) and then mod the amp, record video of the mod process, and then record "after modding" clips. Stay tuned, I guess. I'll be taking way too many pictures.

E: Typos and a couple pics:

The Martin Orchestra Model in question (this guitar, if I understand correctly, became the Martin Dreadnought, but I could be mistaken:

And here's a shot of the new burgundy guitar strap. I just think it goes well with the tri-fade burst on the Tele (and on the Talman) and as much as I wanted to like the tweed strap, it's not quite doing it for me.

The DOD Boneshaker:

I'm having a little trouble with this guy, but I think it's about the power supply, not the pedal. We'll see.
Although I totally agree that Fender and Gibson have basically become lovely producers of instruments that just are not what they should be, MUCH LESS what they charge for; I cannot support bootleg guitars. I have friends who have and I know why they did it. I just don't like bootleg trademark theft.
That said, I'd like to buy this guitar anyway. I won't, but I admit I want it.

I am not getting all moral about this poo poo, ok? I've made plenty of questionable choices and this is just one I've already decided on. I in no way mean to impugn widefault or my IRL buddies in any way. Just expressing my opinion. I don't wanna fight!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 1, 2017

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Although I totally agree that Fender and Gibson have basically become lovely producers of instruments that just are not what they should be, MUCH LESS what they charge for; I cannot support bootleg guitars. I have friends who have and I know why they did it. I just don't like bootleg trademark theft.
That said, I'd like to buy this guitar anyway. I won't, but I admit I want it.

I am not getting all moral about this poo poo, ok? I've made plenty of questionable choices and this is just one I've already decided on. I in no way mean to impugn widefault or my IRL buddies in any way. Just expressing my opinion. I don't wanna fight!

I don't agree with reselling fakes as originals; I think that kind of deception is absolutely dishonest and immoral.
If I ever got one I'd totally make the serial some custom phrase that's obviously not authentic.

I guess what I'm saying is that getting one with an obvious "replica" marking on it is fine and dandy and I see no reason in the world anybody could object to it, but yeah getting one with the intent to sell as authentic is totally not cool.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

I guess what I'm saying is that getting one with an obvious "replica" marking on it is fine and dandy and I see no reason in the world anybody could object to it, but yeah getting one with the intent to sell as authentic is totally not cool.
My friend who bought several bootleg Chinese Les Pauls ended up trying to sell some. This was several years ago. He was 100% honest that they were Chinese-made fake Gibsons, and he stated that very blatantly in his eBay auctions. Back then, he had at least two auctions taken down by eBay even with his disclaimers all over them. He did eventually sell the stuff, and he even made a profit; but from the buyer info I think the buyers really didn't understand what they were paying for. (This is based on his correspondence with them.)

It's a :can:

Still, if I weren't spending so much on recording gear and stuff I'd probably be willing to buy something like that SRV guitar just for fun. My friend always had to replace the electronics and hardware on his Les Paul bootlegs which at least doubled the price, but maybe they're better now? I have no idea. When the only other option is like $10k-$20k or whatever, it seems like a fun toy, especially if you can turn it into a good-sounding instrument that plays.

I'm not moralizing. That guitar looks fun!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i don't really see the point of chibsons when you can get a korean oem brand that's better made and costs about the same once you include upgraded pickups and hardware. or just save up a little more for a japanese lawsuit lp that's every bit as nice as the real thing

in the end you're still just literally paying for a label

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
Just finished building 2 new pedals: Dirty Bird - a modified RAT clone, and Triclops Fuzz - a modified Shin-Ei fuzz (pictured here with his buddy the Brute Fuzz):

I also just finished up a custom version of a Brute Fuzz for my bassist (his nickname is Fish):

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Replaced the cheap no-name pickups in my DIY tele with Tonerider Vintage Pluses.

Small problem when it turned out that the bridge pickup rout was too small.

Couple of minutes with the dremel and some extra shielding foil fixed things up. Blue tape marks the sides of the bridge so I didn't rout out too far.

And installed.

These sound amazing in comparison to what was in there. The bridge has a real twangy bite that wasn't there before, and the neck sounds way way... richer, I guess, I have trouble describing these things.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I don't know, the 1970's lawsuit Ibanez and other Japanese guitars are really good so I can't really get on any moral high horse about copies.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

AlphaDog posted:

Replaced the cheap no-name pickups in my DIY tele with Tonerider Vintage Pluses.

These sound amazing in comparison to what was in there. The bridge has a real twangy bite that wasn't there before, and the neck sounds way way... richer, I guess, I have trouble describing these things.
Nicely done!

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

So after a few years of attempting to start/join a band with no luck, then another couple of years of trying to make solo music (and having to learn, organise, and write bass, drum, synth and vocals before I can get to the juicy guitar work that I actually give a poo poo about), the final attempt was getting a Digitech Trio+ - it was an OK pedal, but just didn't work through an FX loop (and I don't want to hear high-gain drums by putting it infront of the amp) and by god if I've paid >£250 for a pedal and foot switch I want it to be compatible with my amp.

Somewhat listless, I started looking at things like the BeatBuddy and even onto just other guitar gear to fill the hole. However, I've dabbled with the keyboard various times in the past; a 37 key controller for some electronic music, and a 49 key MPK. Either way however, I found that anything other than chord stabs and little melodies was entirely out of the picture (funnily enough, putting me in the same territory as the guitar: unable to accompany myself!). I've been a fan of concert music for years, and I realised that after returning the Trio, I could put a bit extra into the pot and get myself a proper digital piano to fulfil two of the main sticking points I'd encountered with music to-date:
  • I can accompany myself as a pianist, playing harmony and melody, some combination of SATB voices simultaneously - without the need for looping, recording or being reliant on other people.
  • I can finally attempt to play some of the hilariously complex Jazz theory in Mark Levine's book, and if I stick with it long enough, play some of my favourite classical music - which has long been an academic study of mine.

It was really quite odd to think that the whole box contains mostly everything I'll ever need (other than books and lessons). I'm so used to pedals, amps, guitars, pickups, and the acceptance that there are always upgrades around the corner, always extra effects to get. To have a single discrete instrument is quite a welcome shock to the system. It reminds me something of the style of plugging a Telecaster into a Hot Rod Deluxe - just a very pure and clean sound, and any shortcomings are yours rather than the instrument - nothing to hide behind or expected.

I'm working through Bartok's Mikrokosmos for now, and I'm on day 3, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmLugH9y62U

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

rio posted:

I don't know, the 1970's lawsuit Ibanez and other Japanese guitars are really good so I can't really get on any moral high horse about copies.

There's a shitload of Tokai and Greco lawsuit guitars out right now for ok prices, especially compared to the originals. Given their weird history and known high quality, they are weirdly cool in their own way (except the Guild Polara S-100 which looks cooler than an SG imo).

https://reverb.com/item/4894162-tokai-sg-japan-wine-red
https://reverb.com/item/4990909-greco-eg700-1978-brown-burst-very-sweet-guitar
https://reverb.com/item/3338512-greco-eg-500-super-power
https://reverb.com/item/5009038-greco-eg-500-1978
https://reverb.com/item/4944134-greco-egc-super-power-1981

edit: also, nothing is a funnier, more low-key gently caress you to Gibson than proudly performing with your lawsuit guitar.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 10:57 on May 1, 2017

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
:swoon:

Traded my GK 800RB bass head for that there Epiphone SG-PRO. It was from a friend and I just wanted something to learn on, so here we go. I'll probably rip out the existing electrics and get a better pickup in there, maybe just skip the neck pickups altogether, I dunno.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

scuz posted:

:swoon:

Traded my GK 800RB bass head for that there Epiphone SG-PRO. It was from a friend and I just wanted something to learn on, so here we go. I'll probably rip out the existing electrics and get a better pickup in there, maybe just skip the neck pickups altogether, I dunno.

As card carrying member of the sludge doom stoner community, the idea of ripping the neck pickup out permanently is abhorrent.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

As card carrying member of the sludge doom stoner community, the idea of ripping the neck pickup out permanently is abhorrent.
As a card carrying member of the punk rock community, the idea of leaving the neck pickup in permanently is whatever but it's useless.

I also like sludge doom stoner but I'm not playing any :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

scuz posted:

As a card carrying member of the punk rock community, the idea of leaving the neck pickup in permanently is whatever but it's useless.

I also like sludge doom stoner but I'm not playing any :).

Oh definitely rip that fucker out. Punk does not suffer the neck pickup excess of the ruling class.