Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Keyser S0ze posted:

That was a good race.

:dogge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I was just thinking about this the other day and apparently the official F1 youtube channel uploaded it with updated timing graphics back in '15. Fastest ever F1 lap by Montoya at Monza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqYPU3MNqHw

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Holy poo poo, the official F1 channel is pretty amazing. They even have Grill the Grid quizzes with former drivers. Fuckin' A, how did I miss all of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLUuFNsA6-g

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I renamed my cat Catteri Bottails.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

After the first day of preseason testing and careful deliberation I've come to a decision as to which picture will hang in the kart trailer.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Claire Williams imo

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

After the first day of preseason testing and careful deliberation I've come to a decision as to which picture will hang in the kart trailer.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

It's the only possible choice.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The answer is always Valentino Rossi. F1 is not cool enough for pictures.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It is mildly depressing that I did more laps than Fernando today and it's the first time my engine has turned over in six months.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The answer is always Valentino Rossi. F1 is not cool enough for pictures.

Please post some cool Rossi pics. Tia.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

It is mildly depressing that I did more laps than Fernando today and it's the first time my engine has turned over in six months.

Psh, I've finished as many formula 1 grand prix's this year. I'm 1 behind Stroll which is kinda sad.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I've watched a handful of these Grill the Grid segments so far. Vettel, Jackie Stewart, Alonso, Button, Rosberg (whose kind of a dick), Raikkonen (where he rtelly doesn't care for all teh stupid ice cream and leave me alone memes and is kinda funny not to mention his "Uhh" tick is literally "Bwaoh") and...

All of the questions asked of these guys is F1 related in some way or the other but for Lewis they ask him a bunch of questions like 'Who played your hero Muhammad Ali in 2001?' and Rihanna's debut single and Kanye West and lmao....

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

Psh, I've finished as many formula 1 grand prix's this year. I'm 1 behind Stroll which is kinda sad.

I'm not saying this to sound like a cock, but I'm fairly confident that given the amount of seat time Stroll has had in F1 cars that I could drive better than him. And I'm quite bad.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

Please post some cool Rossi pics. Tia.
Rossi's own face on his own helmet so you can see him while he rides around sideways

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Rossi's own face on his own helmet so you can see him while he rides around sideways

All of his helmets own

This one was for Simoncelli

Also, if you ever see "WLF" on any of his stuff, it stands for "Viva la figa", "long live pussy". I'm surprised he's still allowed to get away with that.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I liked his Mugello one last year. Shame about his bike in that race tho :(

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jackie looks great for 77 and is amazing how much he survived F1 crazy years.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

I loving hate Uccio just because he's been childhood best friends with Valentino Rossi. Like, god drat, it's not quite winning the lottery but it is winning the lottery in life. I wonder if Vale is gonna support him for the rest of his life, lol.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Can we set up some ground rules for The Worst Thread GP Meals?

1. Cuisine must be of the same nationality as the host country/province of the GP
2. Meal must be picked by FP3
3. Meal must be cooked and posted before race start

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
What we have here is a classic case of best case scenario for a horrible, boring race. On lap 34 even Crofty had to acknowledge that there has not been one loving overtake. Let's be honest, Seb could have gotten right up on Bottas with 5 laps left and he still couldn't have gotten around. Merc still has the HP advantage, and DRS is not really that effective this season.

However, in my terrible opinion, all these things are excellent:
1. Lewis not winning
2. Lewis losing to his teammate
3. Lewis' teammate outqualifying him and winning his first race, 4th race in the car
4. Seb extending his points lead over Lewis

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
strawpoll a meal each race

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

dreesemonkey posted:

What we have here is a classic case of best case scenario for a horrible, boring race. On lap 34 even Crofty had to acknowledge that there has not been one loving overtake. Let's be honest, Seb could have gotten right up on Bottas with 5 laps left and he still couldn't have gotten around. Merc still has the HP advantage, and DRS is not really that effective this season.

However, in my terrible opinion, all these things are excellent:
1. Lewis not winning
2. Lewis losing to his teammate
3. Lewis' teammate outqualifying him and winning his first race, 4th race in the car
4. Seb extending his points lead over Lewis

5. Ferrari within one point of Mercedes

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Bottas winning the most boring race in recent memory is just so fitting.

Add that as a plus.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Bottas, Sochi Master

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

Can we set up some ground rules for The Worst Thread GP Meals?

1. Cuisine must be of the same nationality as the host country/province of the GP
2. Meal must be picked by FP3
3. Meal must be cooked and posted before race start

Just cook a thing from the country F1 is in for the given weekend. Literally that's it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm going to do this but with alcohol.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'll probably silently judge your food pictures cuz it's not nice to make fun of people with bad cooking disabilities

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Just cook a thing from the country F1 is in for the given weekend. Literally that's it.

Party pooper.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

I'll probably silently judge your food pictures cuz it's not nice to make fun of people with bad cooking disabilities

I thought that was the whole point of GWS?

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
For Monaco, is there anything other than barbaguian that could be considered a Monégasque specialty?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

For Monaco, make the most expensive thing ever.

Bonus points if you use gold.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

McGuinty posted:

For Monaco, is there anything other than barbaguian that could be considered a Monégasque specialty?

A cigarette and a single espresso

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

McGuinty posted:

Very expensive, lovely French cuisine by room service delivered by a sneery European who has spotted your car and is unimpressed by your tip.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Based on all the instagram models posting there last time, the national food is diet tea and old man dick.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Just light some 100s on fire and avoid paying your taxes

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

All cooking is good so long as it doesn't involve dumb gimmicks like cast iron pans.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I will say for the Austrian Grand Prix I will be making a lovely Jägerschnitzel mit semmelknödel and drinking a Stiegl tallboy.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

All cooking is good so long as it doesn't involve dumb gimmicks like cast iron pans.

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

1500quidporsche posted:

I will say for the Austrian Grand Prix I will be making a lovely Jägerschnitzel mit semmelknödel and drinking a Stiegl tallboy.

For the British GP, make some extra greasy kebabs.

• Locked thread