Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panda clue
May 23, 2014

YoungSexualNorton posted:

As for the alt-f4 poo poo, the truth lies somewhere in the middleİ. Mashing it at the barest hint of danger is kinda lame, doing it when you think lag or something else weird is happening seems pretty reasonable.

Yeah, I think it is super eyeroll when I'm watching some HC streamer alt+f4 out of the blue and then are like "well there was a 6% chance I could have died there from X". Seems like a horribly unfun way to play the game, and at that point I'm not sure why you're playing HC at all.

It's one thing to use it to avoid certain death from which there is no other escape, but it's another thing entirely to use it as, essentially, a layer of mitigation.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

panda clue posted:

This is false. GGG has said multiple times that pressing alt+f4 immediately sends the server the logout packet before even attempting to close the application. People are either stuck in their old ways from before this change was made (literally years ago), refuse to believe GGG, or are just don't know this is how it works.

They design the game around people having the ability to log out, not under the assumption that people will always do it. They don't, for example, put mechanics in the game where the only solution is 'logout or die'. There is no problem with people never using a logout macro; I personally don't. Hth

Huh, I guess I missed that in the flood of patch notes during the leagues I wasn't playing.

Good to know.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

zxqv8 posted:

Huh, I guess I missed that in the flood of patch notes during the leagues I wasn't playing.

Good to know.

I'm not sure it was ever in a patch note, but it has been clarified by Chris and Jonathan (the lead developer) multiple times on reddit over the years. I'm not surprised that most people don't know about it, because most big streamers still use macros that press the logout button.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
According to Chris, alt+f4 is supposed to be the same as logout.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Magus42 posted:

According to Chris, alt+f4 is supposed to be the same as logout.

Well that is exactly what I said, isn't it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
where's the breach i want my money back

oh there it is

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm going to go ahead and assume you triggered it while fighting the Minotaur and Chayula showed up

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Vasudus posted:

where's the breach i want my money back

oh there it is

i literally just had the same hting happen. breaches love minotaurs

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

For me personally I don't get a ton of enjoyment out of softcore because since I'm not really trying to push ladder on push 100 so dying only feels like a minor inconvenience so for me the game just feels more about putting in the time than actually playing.

Edit: in terms of logout macros I hate that they're necessary but they really are. Especially when the game is designed around logging out but the micro transactions button is so poorly positioned!

Wezlar fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 1, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
thanks based Mathil for making a good Void Battery build, got rid of em for twice what I paid for in a drunken haze

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I dont enjoy hardcore because I have no balls

And I can only play like an hour a day so losing a month of progress will make me not play real quick

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

ZenVulgarity posted:

I dont enjoy hardcore because I have no balls

And I can only play like an hour a day so losing a month of progress will make me not play real quick

Pretty much this for me. I like the progression, not the difficulty/thrill.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
So, today I decided to buy 32 mao kuns and run them all. Posting results!

Spent 3 ex 140c on the maps. Stones used were onslaught/nem/breach for 95% of the maps. About 10 maps towards the end I rememebered sac pieces exist. Used either 1 or 2 on those.

Leaguestones are blue, couple of decent (40c) ones in there. White ones i didnt keep track of. Only picked up the maps i liked. Didnt get any good unique drops or anything so they were all vendored for shards. Didnt pick up a bunch of augs/scraps and probably a handful of whetstones.

All in all, a profitable venture :toot:

e: An unknown amount of chance orbs were used on boots/belts during the runs.

Han Solomon fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 1, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Seeing all that currency in a non-currency tab makes me sad

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Have you considered buying a currency tab

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
He probably has one but set this apart from the rest of his currency since the point is to see what he got out of the maps.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Sounds like a job for a second currency tab

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

MMF Freeway posted:

He probably has one but set this apart from the rest of his currency since the point is to see what he got out of the maps.

Yeh!

Flavahbeast posted:

Sounds like a job for a second currency tab

Do I give the impression that im made of RL money to you? hmm

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I mean the only thing keeping me playing this game is the challenges for each league. Without a fixed goal I tend to lose interest. Compounded with the fact I play this game while watching shows/movies I'd just die all the time.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

PROOF of currency tab.

Just look how much unimportant currency i gained! Isnt it glorious.

e: well aware of my relative poverty compared to others.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

Cerepol posted:

I mean the only thing keeping me playing this game is the challenges for each league. Without a fixed goal I tend to lose interest. Compounded with the fact I play this game while watching shows/movies I'd just die all the time.

Yeh im mostly done it feels like. Im not pushing levels, im not going to reroll, dont feel like buying keys.

I just really like vaal spark, its keeping me going.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Always yolo exalt (hit hybrid):

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
Nice rear end helmet my dude

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Is there a good way to search for 8 mod maps? None of my 15's have gone to 8 mods but I did make 2 vaal temples.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

Bugsy posted:

Is there a good way to search for 8 mod maps? None of my 15's have gone to 8 mods but I did make 2 vaal temples.

Best bet is to just search corrupt only and know your mods.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Han Solomon posted:

Best bet is to just search corrupt only and know your mods.
Yeah, I did a quick search for corrupt rare t15s are there are a bunch up.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Bugsy posted:

if you're rolling your own, ctrl+c with the trade macro will tell you the # of mods

if you're searching, the best way is to literally just put every map mod in poe.trade with count min = 8

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Han Solomon posted:

So, today I decided to buy 32 mao kuns and run them all. Posting results!

Spent 3 ex 140c on the maps. Stones used were onslaught/nem/breach for 95% of the maps. About 10 maps towards the end I rememebered sac pieces exist. Used either 1 or 2 on those.

Leaguestones are blue, couple of decent (40c) ones in there. White ones i didnt keep track of. Only picked up the maps i liked. Didnt get any good unique drops or anything so they were all vendored for shards. Didnt pick up a bunch of augs/scraps and probably a handful of whetstones.

All in all, a profitable venture :toot:

e: An unknown amount of chance orbs were used on boots/belts during the runs.

oh good, this lovely reddit meme has finally leaked into the thread

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

panda clue posted:

oh good, this lovely reddit meme has finally leaked into the thread

haha you read reddit

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Han Solomon posted:

haha you read reddit

owned

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I mean browsing reddit for particularly games subreddits can be useful, doubly so if say the game devs post there like for this one.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
What the gently caress is meme about that?

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

zxqv8 posted:

It's something that gets posted on Reddit, and posting on reddit is shameful, and therefore posting it in this thread is also shameful, for some reason.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

zxqv8 posted:

every day someone posts "100 RUNS OF X HERES THE LOOT". It gets tiring to see and is really pointless.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Han Solomon posted:

haha you read reddit

yes, I read the website where GGG posts the majority of their non-news information about the game. are we really still doing reddit vs SA in 2017?

Lechtansi posted:

It's something that gets posted on Reddit, and posting on reddit is shameful, and therefore posting it in this thread is also shameful, for some reason.

no, it's this, I don't really care what websites people read because I'm not literally 14:

Holyshoot posted:

every day someone posts "100 RUNS OF X HERES THE LOOT". It gets tiring to see and is really pointless.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 1, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm guessing you meant to flip those last two.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

whypick1 posted:

I'm guessing you meant to flip those last two.

"it's this" is in reference to what holyshoot said, ill edit to clarify

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Ran a hand through 3 of my pockets today, here's what I got:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

please knock Mom! posted:

Ran a hand through 3 of my pockets today, here's what I got:

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
I have been thinking today about the 3.0 patch. It seems a lot is going to change. Is there any word on end game changing (uber lab, uber atziri, mapping)? I think I have a grasp on how to get some form of currency early game and would like to start looking at builds to make that happen. Something like a totem build or a BV build. This league has been fun but have been struggling with making my HOWA able to do end game bosses. I can do uber lab, tried uber atziri and got my face stompped. So I probably should not try the 4 bosses then shaper.

• Locked thread