Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I read that exactly as the Chapo boys as Hillary would've without even thinking about it. Great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I may not be... GROVER... But I AM... IN THE HOUSE!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I MAY not be the PUSHER ROBOT but I can guarantee there will be STAIRS in the WHITE HOUSE

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Are any of you folks able to help me identify the ska cover of "Tradition" from Fiddler on the Roof in the interstitial in the Candyman IV: The curse of Caleb?

Also:

https://twitter.com/astrodrctv/status/858477218829410306

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 30, 2017

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

What I'm saying is someday there'll be a senator that will be comparing something about politics to The Zybourne Clock or Doobie's Dog Haus using Democrat voice.

I MAY NOT BE Doobie's Doghouse BUT I Had everything going for me and STILL COLLAPSED

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tim Burns Effect posted:

I MAY NOT BE Doobie's Doghouse BUT I Had everything going for me and STILL COLLAPSED

I MAY NOT HAVE hot dogs BUT my unforced errors are PILED HIGH

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

I MAY NOT BE TobleroneTriangular. BUT I suffer. From a PURE STRAIN.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Are any of you folks able to help me identify the ska cover of "Tradition" from Fiddler on the Roof in the interstitial in the Candyman IV: The curse of Caleb?

Also:

https://twitter.com/astrodrctv/status/858477218829410306

a good sunday mornuing lol

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

My campaign MAY NOT BEE a goon project, BUT all we HAD were IDEA GUYS

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Why do you think she wanted people to go to her website so badly?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
peter daou would carry a printer five miles uphill through a palestinian prison camp for dread abuela

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why did the chicken cross the road?

to call the police on john podesta.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grondoth posted:

Why do you think she wanted people to go to her website so badly?

There was a script hijacking your cpu power to mine bitcoins there.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/mcurryfelidae07/status/858786840987545600

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Sometimes, when I wonder how the United States could gently caress up counterinsurgency warfare so badly, I'm introduced to people like Kurt Schlichter who, apparently, can't even try to rationalize opposing political viewpoints without creating some ridiculous version of what they think liberals are... and it's like, oh, no WONDER this whole "moderate Sunni militia" idea is so persistent.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I was coming to post about Schlicter. What a loving retard, and perfect example of the right.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
The new Shining episode is fantastic

"There are no liquor laws when you're a ghost. I'm a libertarian."

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

This is the ghooooost of Stoooolen Vaaaalor
Better be some Paul Bearer reference or I'll be let down

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Really love Matt's spiritual experience. He truly is the Enlightened Chapo

He mentioned it starting out with explaining why video games are bad, I'd like to hear what that was about.

matureaudiencesonly posted:

street fight feels like the real dirtbag left, since they don't have the bougie air of NY+60k a month patreon (mostly joking, calm yourself).

I really like street fight because it feels like having a discussion with my working class family, except they aren't racist temporarily embarrassed millionaires. I think they are funny and insightful and good dudes.

On the other hand I couldn't get in to Cum Town at all, so perhaps Chapo is the podcast to truly unite the weird left together.

Yeah Chapo is way more middle class, with Will being upper middle, Matt being lower middle, and Felix somewhere in between. (note that this does not apply to their respective places on the autistic spectrum)

Anyway I couldn't get into Street Fight, a lot of it is too mundane but occasional it veers into leftist Joe Rogan territory, though that's probably overselling it.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

As has been already mentioned, My Brother My Brother and Me is a silly comedy advice podcast by three brothers with really good chemistry, and they never feel like they're forcing a bit.

Since you have an 08 reg date, you definitely should give The F Plus a shot. A rotating cast of internet friends read and mock dumb poo poo on the internet: aliens, obnoxious weddings, conspiracy theories, wrapping Roy Orbison in clingfilm, sex with bugs, Reddit legal advice, dudes who like getting whacked in the nuts, the squatter lifestyle, wikis for Original The Characters, etc. It's got a huge backlog with few clunker episodes, and it's one of my favorites.

I remember listening to a nanowrimo episode a few years ago and liking it, and then picking it up a few months ago when I was looking for more podcasts but it was kind of boring. Most of it was just reading things in a silly voice without really commenting on it in a funny/interesting way. There wasn't much value added compared to the Weekend Web format of just looking at screencaps with your eyeballs. Also it seemed pretty GBS and Cum Town talks about dumb internet poo poo all the time in a more engaging way. I'm willing to give it another try if you've got a specific episode that's especially good.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/30/politics/gorka-leaving-white-house/index.html drat YOU, (((GLOBALISTS)))!!!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I hope gorka stays in the news for a long time so adomian can keep his arc going

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

https://twitter.com/Steplor/status/858788946578472961

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Gorka shouldn't have bet his career on that game of Axis and Allies

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Oh god, did he really give tours with a "come here, don't touch that" sort of expression?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Digital Jedi posted:

I'm going back and listening to all the episode before I found Chapo (about episode 20). Currently on episode 3 and it's so weird listening to them knowing what will happen in the election.

Chakan posted:

It's painful to think of re-listening to their stuff from this time last year. The episodes right before the conventions especially would probably kill me.

The Crotch posted:

The immediately post-conventions episode with Dan O'Sullivan is seriously one of my favourites. Not coincidentally, it's probably the one where the inadequacies of the Clinton campaign and its messaging are best highlighted and the Dry Boys come the closest to realizing what's about to happen.
I didn't start listening until a week before Christmas, so this is my default Chapo experience. (By the way, "El Chapo" sounds like Christmas music.) And I just recently became a supporter, so I'm going through it again listening through all the premium episodes.

The thing is, they come off looking a lot better than most. They laid out very intelligently why Trump appealed to a lot of people, why Hillary is a horrible candidate in every way, why both major parties are morally bankrupt, and why the media went along for the ride. But then after doing that they just conclude with "...but Hillary's going to win and continue the bullshit neoliberal status quo."

I think the most cringeworthy thing I've heard so far is listening to episode 51 or 53 when Matt says "polls are accurate if you have enough of them."

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I think I remember it getting mentioned on Chapo or on twitter but yeah of COURSE Bannon wrote a rap musical about the LA Riots.

https://twitter.com/oppstn/status/859044672051834880

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

MikeCrotch posted:

Gorka shouldn't have bet his career on that game of Axis and Allies
Gorka would never lose a game of A&A. Probably Mattis baited him into trying Advanced Squad Leader for the first time.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Halloween Jack posted:

I think the most cringeworthy thing I've heard so far is listening to episode 51 or 53 when Matt says "polls are accurate if you have enough of them."

He's not wrong though. The polls showed a Hillary win in the popular vote and a very tight race in the states where Trump won with a razor thin margin. They were pretty accurate.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
It did strike me as odd that people were focusing on Nate Silver in the aftermath (via that Onion article and in more serious articles) when his polls actually gave Trump a better chance than anyone else's that I know of. I think it was just that he was the only professional pollster who had any name recognition.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The day of the election, several goons were predicting the end of 538 for making such a dumb prediction. They thought that Nate Silver was just hedging his bets, and Clinton's blowout win would prove that 538 was a waste of money.

It's unfortunate that Nate Silver still gets blamed (even jokingly) for not perfectly predicting Trump winning. The 538 model was basically the only one that gave Trump a realistic chance of winning.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

It did strike me as odd that people were focusing on Nate Silver in the aftermath (via that Onion article and in more serious articles) when his polls actually gave Trump a better chance than anyone else's that I know of. I think it was just that he was the only professional pollster who had any name recognition.

didn't 538 also adjust their poll results to match what they thought sounded more realistic

also they got out-predicted by Carl Diggler so I think Nate Silver's professional polls aren't worth poo poo

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Bill Mitchell is the most trustworthy man in polling

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

yoober posted:

didn't 538 also adjust their poll results to match what they thought sounded more realistic

also they got out-predicted by Carl Diggler so I think Nate Silver's professional polls aren't worth poo poo

Their "polls plus" model was giving Trump less of a chance than the poll aggregate alone.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Halloween Jack posted:

Gorka would never lose a game of A&A. Probably Mattis baited him into trying Advanced Squad Leader for the first time.

Mattis presented Gorka with a fait-accompli - he could keep his job but only if he won a game of A&A as

*ugh*

Russia

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

The Unnamed One posted:

Bill Mitchell is the most trustworthy man in polling

Bill is a coward.

https://twitter.com/powerfuluggo/status/859038583243628549

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
good news, y'all :dance:

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/859108706683936769

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
A Gorka feint?! Classic!

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I return to my main question about every podcast: what was the sample at the beginning of this episode?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I return to my main question about every podcast: what was the sample at the beginning of this episode?

https://youtu.be/DXGd2XPofeU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://www.amazon.com/Peoples-Republic-Kurt-Schlichter-ebook/dp/B01M0H7WQZ

The reviews lol