Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah I wouldn't mind if the crates were a little more hefty on average considering the amount of risk you're taking on to get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah I wouldn't mind if the crates were a little more hefty on average considering the amount of risk you're taking on to get them.

Then when anyone else gets one they always get a drat awp.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the M24 is miles better than the awm because you can run around killing dudes for ages with 7.62. You only get like 20 shots with the AWM

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ahahaha euros are so bad at this

4 squad games, 4 top tens, two of them were wins

I honestly see no reason to ever play on US servers again

-lag armor
-it's like 5 am there so they're sleepy
-their playstyle is insanely dumb, we've ran across multiple fields and been shot at zero times, multiple uncontested military base / novo starts

no wonder it took america to bail these guys out of wars :smuggo: :911:

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Eh it's probably just that it's 5am. I play on Euro servers (as I am in the UK) and can't run across open fields without being capped.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I like how this game lends itself to War Stories. The last game to do it so well was the first Planetside or maybe EVE. I've been feeling burnt out on games in general lately and PUBG reminds me why I started up with the loving things to begin with.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

funny Star Wars parody posted:

the M24 is miles better than the awm because you can run around killing dudes for ages with 7.62. You only get like 20 shots with the AWM

In theory yes, but the m24 is garbage. There is some sort of delay on it when you pull the trigger and the projectile seems to drop more than an AR. Just feels bad all around to me.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

In theory yes, but the m24 is garbage. There is some sort of delay on it when you pull the trigger and the projectile seems to drop more than an AR. Just feels bad all around to me.

It feels fine to me, I dome people all the time with it

That being said it feels more like a BF4 sniper rifle than the rest of the rifles in this game

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The thing that sorta prevents longer range sniping (300+) is the foliage while prone blocking your screen, the usual lack of higher mag optics (seriously, going through games with 2x only a lot of the time now), and just the utter lack of spaces wide open enough (there's plains with no high points, or where there's hills there's always more hills blocking off sightlanes) to take advantage of it ala Arma. You can zero up to 1,000 but the only way I'd think you could get more than 400 is by shooting people crossing to and from the bottom island in the water.

Also, game totally needs binoculars.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 1, 2017

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

kojei posted:

SM4 should no longer be used as of two patches ago, it now causes extreme frame hitching in most cases. The memalloc option never did anything whatsoever, that's a launch option for arma's engine, not unreal. Use all cores is the only option in there that might do anything beneficial.

I feel like the sm4 is bull to stop people from using it, I have no problems and the streamers don't seem to have a problem with it either.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Goons: Ugh there's no cover in this game I always end up crawling around in a field.

Also Goons: Ugh they break up sight lines too much I can't take no-consequence 2km pot shots at people in a field.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

any complaints about the game are spergin, gotcha lol.

i'd play the game in any mode idc just fix desync

http://www.strawpoll.me/12745772/r
:shrug:
I wouldn't say complaints are considered sperging, but saying the same thing over and over when no one really cares IS though

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

-lag armor
-their playstyle is insanely dumb, we've ran across multiple fields and been shot at zero times, multiple uncontested military base / novo starts

Love it. Had the exact opposite experience yesterday. Swapped to US from EU (I'm EU btw). Won 2/4 duos and 1/1 squad games.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 10:00 on May 2, 2017

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

sniping from the roof of the school is bad rear end

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

-lag armor

I did this yesterday, too. Got 2nd place in Squad, I had 6 kills and they were all terrible shots and horrible at spotting. One thing that might play into this is, Europeans, in general, have worse computer hardware than us due to distribution channels and taxing.

Efexeye posted:

sniping from the roof of the school is bad rear end

Until you realize that the hill south of Rhozok, the Apartments to the East and the mountain south of you all have higher elevation.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

VulgarandStupid posted:

I did this yesterday, too. Got 2nd place in Squad, I had 6 kills and they were all terrible shots and horrible at spotting. One thing that might play into this is, Europeans, in general, have worse computer hardware than us due to distribution channels and taxing.

Until you realize that the hill south of Rhozok, the Apartments to the East and the mountain south of you all have higher elevation.

Is that the area that has a little base in from of it with like three open warehouses? If so, i played in a duo match with a bro and we ended up there we only lost because he hosed up a grenade toss

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'm from EU and have a 3.7 KDA and 14% winrate in duos on NA :colbert:

In all seriousness though, the first few games you play in a different region will have you playing with people who are new to the game and/or really bad, simply because of the way the rating and matchmaking systems work. You guys are boasting about the PUBG equivalent of beating level 5 summoners in LoL or stomping semi-pros in Rocket League.

Having played on both servers quite extensively, I can conclusively say EU is a lot more skilled than NA - as usual.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Carebearz posted:

I wouldn't say complaints are considered sperging, but saying the same thing over and over when no one really cares IS though
quoting month old posts is really weird, dude

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Love it. Had the exact opposite experience yesterday. Swapped to EU from US (I'm EU btw). Won 2/4 duos and 1/1 squad games.
lag armor is absolutely real its so good
also the euro voice chat is wacky, its full of people saying "italia a-numba one!!!"

Parallel Playa posted:

In all seriousness though, the first few games you play in a different region will have you playing with people who are new to the game and/or really bad, simply because of the way the rating and matchmaking systems work. You guys are boasting about the PUBG equivalent of beating level 5 summoners in LoL or stomping semi-pros in Rocket League.

Having played on both servers quite extensively, I can conclusively say EU is a lot more skilled than NA - as usual.

I don't think there's ranked matchmaking LOL

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
EU players have to develop skill faster because they are playing computers made of mud and sticks

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Parallel Playa posted:

Shh. Let these poor NA players think they're good at a game for once.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I know the devs have made lots of comments on their commitment to content, modes, weapons, improvements etc but is there a roadmap, trello, or priority list anywhere? Just curious to see when FPP only servers are slated.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

quoting month old posts is really weird, dude

lag armor is absolutely real its so good
also the euro voice chat is wacky, its full of people saying "italia a-numba one!!!"

based on the fact that i'm catching up with this thread, and the fact that months later you're probably still sperging about the same "issues" I feel like it's spot on actually.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Knifegrab posted:

I know the devs have made lots of comments on their commitment to content, modes, weapons, improvements etc but is there a roadmap, trello, or priority list anywhere? Just curious to see when FPP only servers are slated.

Check the dev blogs and the forums. I know they're confirming first person but from what I've read it's definitely not a high priority. Same goes for a new map; on the list, not as high a priority as bug fixing, balancing, and pipeline rollout.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I had some fun games yesterday including one where i was racing to the circle ahead of the blue line in a buggy when a motorcycle came up behind me. Swapped to the bucket seat and lit him up then went back to driving.

I wish they would add a kill cam for solo at least. I was sneaking up on a crate and was hiding behind a big rock when i got shot at and no matter what side of the rock i hid behind i could still be plinked. From the sound it had to be the same guy but no idda how he had vision on every side of the rock from distance.

And the one time i made it to a crate i got a m24 suppressor and 8x scope but then thr circle shrank to the other side of a coverless valley. Rip. Still managed a few kills with it and was really fun i wish i could find kar/sks/whatever more often in the wild.

Is the 2 shot shotgun better than the pump?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Were gas cans more useful in an older patch? It seems like every vehicle starts with a full tank and even holding down the turbo across the whole map I still had enough fuel to not worry about running out. Right now they just seem like a big mostly-useless block to hold in your inventory.

e: Didn't know you could switch seats without getting out, that's an extremely useful tip

Chard fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 1, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Is the 2 shot shotgun better than the pump?

Yes because the firerate is faster and it has a 100m range with choke

If you potato then god help u

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I think right now all their work is going into improving performance and fixing the desync stuff. Once that's done I imagine they can start on actual new content because the game will be pretty much feature complete.

E: I really prefer the double barrel shotgun over the pump-action, but if you don't kill them in those two shots then you're hosed. The S12K is by far the best short range weapon, but it really sucks beyond like 15 metres.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 1, 2017

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

There is though

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

What? There's only ranked matchmaking right now, they've said that unranked is coming later on. What do you think all the points and leaderboards mean?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

The trick is to carry both.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

the AR style shotty is still the best

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Akion posted:

The trick is to carry both.

this is haram

Carebearz posted:

the AR style shotty is still the best

:wrong:

It has poo poo range and massive spread. I guess it's fine for camping stairs but more often than not a match will end in a field

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

if you equip two of the same weapon type you should be able to hip fire dual wield them

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

this is haram

:wrong:

It has poo poo range and massive spread. I guess it's fine for camping stairs but more often than not a match will end in a field

I mean i mid range kill people with it all, but i'm also smart and pair it with an AKM or SCAR

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Bardeh posted:

What? There's only ranked matchmaking right now, they've said that unranked is coming later on. What do you think all the points and leaderboards mean?

Ranked = Counts against your tracked stats
Unranked = Doesn't count against your tracked stats

What he's saying is the game doesn't match people by their ranks, which is true. It just fills servers.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Bardeh posted:

E: I really prefer the double barrel shotgun over the pump-action, but if you don't kill them in those two shots then you're hosed. The S12K is by far the best short range weapon, but it really sucks beyond like 15 metres.

Saiga doesn't have choke option so you can't dish it out at 50m range.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Carebearz posted:

based on the fact that i'm catching up with this thread, and the fact that months later you're probably still sperging about the same "issues" I feel like it's spot on actually.
lol what in the world, that's super weird and also not true
I wasn't even complaining about the game recently :wtc:

VulgarandStupid posted:

Ranked = Counts against your tracked stats
Unranked = Doesn't count against your tracked stats

What he's saying is the game doesn't match people by their ranks, which is true. It just fills servers.
^^^

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I had a beautiful moment yesterday in squads: I landed a little ways off from my 3 friends and raced a 4 some to the only nearby house.. beat them to the pistol inside but only got one clip as they got the other box. I fired several times at them (killing no one) as they started wailing on me with their fists, panicked with 25% hp and started running away thinking they would eventually give up.

They didn't, and chased me until we passed another house a few minutes later where one peeled off and must have found a buggy. I ran a few minutes more towards my friends until they caught me and beat me to death. It was great

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 18, 2017

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Badfinger posted:

Goons: Ugh there's no cover in this game I always end up crawling around in a field.

Also Goons: Ugh they break up sight lines too much I can't take no-consequence 2km pot shots at people in a field.

You know that these message boards aren't a collective entity, and actually are full of people with different opinions. So no that's not a contradiction, , yes, it makes sense that different people say different things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

VulgarandStupid posted:

It does match based on skill, at least in some way. Watch some of the streamers that win more often. Their lobbies often take several minutes to fill up compared to seconds, and games sometimes don't even get to 80-90 players before the match starts. Difference in play/coordination is also noticeable, as well as them coming across the same people repeatedly.

This makes no appreciable difference to most people, since 100 players is a lot and there are so many people playing, so unless you're way to one side of the bell curve the effective skill variance is still going to be very high.
Also probably more noticeable in squads since team coordination can mitigate rng and its more obvious to tell a coordinated squad from me and a few friends walking in semi-random directions.

• Locked thread