Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Empress Brosephine posted:

Where was the old pleasure Island clubs in relation to Disney Springs? Basically that stretch of shops near Jock Lindsey?

Mannequins is Morimoto. That was the saddest loss of all for me. I liked 8Trax when they had electro night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok I can kinda place it now. Wish I got to go when it was around. Did they knock down the 8trax and Adventurers Club buildings?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
8Trax is where the surf shop is sort of.. AC was razed to make way for the new building taking form now.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Huh ok thanks. Also the employees at the surf shop probably compete with sunglasses hut in most annoying.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/

http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2016/11/pi-update-looking-for-club-remnants.html?m=1

This is a cool blog that does comparisons I found.

Empress Brosephine fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 1, 2017

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
AC was amazing and I'm so glad I wandered into it one time right as a show was starting.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WhiteHowler posted:

I sure do miss the Adventurer's Club. I wish they'd found a way to transplant it somewhere else.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have want to tie it into a few different parts of Disney canon. Skipper's Canteen has a dessert named Kungaloosh! and Twenty-Eight & Main has shirts for sale with the logo and phrase. Even if they don't bring the club back altogether in some form, I think they'll keep working in references or selling merchandise for years to come.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Willy Wonka is my favorite movie ever, and I know they're not actually related, but, how's Toothsome's in City Walk? I heard there's usually a long wait to get in, and that it's expensive. Is it worth the trip to City Walk when our hotel is near Disney Springs and we're not going to Universal?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

chitoryu12 posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they have want to tie it into a few different parts of Disney canon. Skipper's Canteen has a dessert named Kungaloosh! and Twenty-Eight & Main has shirts for sale with the logo and phrase. Even if they don't bring the club back altogether in some form, I think they'll keep working in references or selling merchandise for years to come.

Yeah its tied to stuff all over the world like Mystic Manor in Hong Kong Disneyland and Tower of Terror at Tokyo DisneySea.

http://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20140621/18738/10-disney-rides-connected-secret-society

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Reinanigans posted:

Willy Wonka is my favorite movie ever, and I know they're not actually related, but, how's Toothsome's in City Walk? I heard there's usually a long wait to get in, and that it's expensive. Is it worth the trip to City Walk when our hotel is near Disney Springs and we're not going to Universal?

I actually think the prices are very reasonable for a theme park restaurant. Except for a $40 steak most entrees are around $10-20.

Of course your spending increases if you add milkshakes and desserts. :) And they are worth the drive over.

Try going early on a weekday it probably won't be too busy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Reinanigans posted:

It's not that expensive. The milkshakes look costly on paper, but they're big and have a ton of calories packed into them so you could make a substantial meal out of one and some appetizers. Most of the entrees are in the same range as the other sit-down eateries at Universal. All of the food is good and creative and the aesthetics are nice. There's also a ton of steampunk merchandise if you're into that sort of thing.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Disney does some if you want to call then I'll defer to others for outside the parks.
Braksgirl where you guys staying this trip?

I'm going with my sister and she rented points instead of booking with me, rabble rabble. So we're staying at Poly in a studio villa, then moving over to POR in a royal room for the last night.

Gonna get my lapu lapu on though.

Right now I'm at urgent care getting my foot checked out. I jacked it up and I need to make sure it's gonna handle Disney walking.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Just found out I'm going to be popping my Disney cherry in May. Going to be flying in the 19th, two full days to do Disney, and flying out the 22nd. I know you're thinking two days isn't enough time and in most cases you'd be right. The kicker is I'm accompanying a Make-A-Wish trip. That means I should be able use the FastPass queues at most attractions or bypass the line if there isn't a FP queue. So basically I'm trying to determine which parks I should go to and the must-see attractions at those parks. I've been leaning towards one day at Magic Kingdom and one day at Epcot, but I'd really like to check out Animal Kingdom as well. I might be able to squeeze half a day in on the 19th, since my flight is pretty early. What would you guys do?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

http://m.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2017/05/01/rumors-point-to-a-possible-haunted-mansion-restaurant-at-magic-kingdom

Haunted Mansion restaurant I'm down.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
A full day of MK, even with unlimited fastpass, is probably the right amount of time. Catch the stage show, parades, and definitely fireworks.

I think your second day can definitely be a 2 park day, pick 2 of the other 3. I'd personally say there's definitely value in an animal kingdom/epcot day, but some might argue there's Hollywood studios rides you shouldn't miss.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Here's my list of highlights at each park (bolds were for fast pass recommendations). For the non-MK day, you could definitely start in Animal Kingdom then do EPCOT in the afternoon/evening. Animal Kingdom rules, plus you might catch Pandora which looks incredible.

Magic Kingdom

Big Thunder Mountain
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain

Haunted Mansion
Mine Train
Pirates of the Caribbean

Hollywood Studios

Tower of Terror
Rocking Rollercoaster
Toy Story
Star Tours
Great Movie Ride

EPCOT

Soarin
Test Track
Mission Space
Spaceship Earth

Animal Kingdom

Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safari
Nemo Musical

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I feel like that more or less would have to replace Columbia Harbour House. Certainly wouldn't be a bad thing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Haunted Mansion anything is 100% my jam. I hope they use spooky waiters.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Tim Whatley posted:

I feel like that more or less would have to replace Columbia Harbour House. Certainly wouldn't be a bad thing.

So on the one hand, hell yes Haunted Mansion dining. On the other, harbour house is the only QS in MK I like for a legit meal (broccoli peppercorn salad is the tits).

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I miss the clam chowder bread bowl they used to have.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I will request BBS as my creepy butler waiter.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Burn Zone posted:

Just found out I'm going to be popping my Disney cherry in May. Going to be flying in the 19th, two full days to do Disney, and flying out the 22nd. I know you're thinking two days isn't enough time and in most cases you'd be right. The kicker is I'm accompanying a Make-A-Wish trip. That means I should be able use the FastPass queues at most attractions or bypass the line if there isn't a FP queue. So basically I'm trying to determine which parks I should go to and the must-see attractions at those parks. I've been leaning towards one day at Magic Kingdom and one day at Epcot, but I'd really like to check out Animal Kingdom as well. I might be able to squeeze half a day in on the 19th, since my flight is pretty early. What would you guys do?

For two full days, I would do a full day at Magic Kingdom, and split between Epcot and Animal Kingdom. If I had an extra half day, I would do Animal Kingdom on that and do a full day at Epcot.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bottom Liner posted:

Here's my list of highlights at each park (bolds were for fast pass recommendations). For the non-MK day, you could definitely start in Animal Kingdom then do EPCOT in the afternoon/evening. Animal Kingdom rules, plus you might catch Pandora which looks incredible.

Magic Kingdom

Big Thunder Mountain
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain

Haunted Mansion
Mine Train
Pirates of the Caribbean

Hollywood Studios

Tower of Terror
Rocking Rollercoaster
Toy Story
Star Tours
Great Movie Ride

EPCOT

Soarin
Test Track
Mission Space
Spaceship Earth

Animal Kingdom

Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safari
Nemo Musical

I would recommend the Jungle Cruise. It can be either meh or amazing. After my favorite ride of it ever, we got the skipper to sign our autograph book and he seemed pretty surprised.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
For those who may be in San Francisco there is a really cool Disney museum run by the Disney family (not the company).

http://twitter.com/ThemeParkReview/status/859422255784144896

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

I would recommend the Jungle Cruise. It can be either meh or amazing. After my favorite ride of it ever, we got the skipper to sign our autograph book and he seemed pretty surprised.

That's an awesome idea, I'm going to encourage my little cousins to ask for cast member autographs when they have a really good experience. Speaking of, we got them a bunch of pins on eBay for Christmas and have been letting them go wild with trading and they love talking to cast members about their jobs and pins, especially in EPCOT. Helps keep them from getting whiney and grumpy when it's hot or their tired too, since they're so caught up in looking for pins to trade.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Too funny my girlfriend is the same way. I bought her a lot off of eBay so I didn't have to keep spending $30 per three.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah I tried that with my wife but she got attached to them all and can't trade any away :v:

Pandora tonight, hyped to take some awesome night photos!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jealous!! I'll be at all stars movie tonight. My Pandora preview is next week :(

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I want to get into Pandora next week so bad.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Miiighhhttt be able to sneak you in. I'll let you know can't promise but I'll find out. Do you have a AP?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I never got a Pandora invite :(

Oh well. I'll get there eventually.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Miiighhhttt be able to sneak you in. I'll let you know can't promise but I'll find out. Do you have a AP?

I do not have an AP. :cry:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I have an AP :ninja:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ill find out if youre gunna be at AK on that day. i wanna see how stringy they are on tuesday before i try to get someone in lol

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Has anybody watched this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0gZcp3qB9s

It's a documentary about the blogging scene of Disney World. Kind of surprised the whole thing is on YouTube. It's a fairly interesting doc but more than anything has some really great cinematic shots of the parks. I will warn you there's an incredibly cringe worthy scene that goes on wayyyy too long of all the bloggers walking down Hollywood Blvd holding up their phones and periscoping each other.

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 2, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i cant stand disney bloggers :( but thats just because i wish it was my job

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Tim Whatley posted:

Has anybody watched this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0gZcp3qB9s

It's a documentary about the blogging scene of Disney World. Kind of surprised the whole thing is on YouTube. It's a fairly interesting doc but more than anything has some really great cinematic shots of the parks. I will warn you there's an incredibly cringe worthy scene that goes on wayyyy too long of all the bloggers walking down Hollywood Blvd holding up their phones and periscoping each other.

Love me some disney documentaries. Adding this to my playlist for later.

Really hope Josh from easywdw is in this on the side looking disgusted at everyone else

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

couldcareless posted:

Love me some disney documentaries. Adding this to my playlist for later.

Really hope Josh from easywdw is in this on the side looking disgusted at everyone else

I wish that too, but FOR SOME MYSTERIOUS REASON he isn't featured.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

ill find out if youre gunna be at AK on that day. i wanna see how stringy they are on tuesday before i try to get someone in lol

If you can, I will totally buy you a drink!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Jealous!! I'll be at all stars movie tonight. My Pandora preview is next week :(

I'm trying not to be but I'm also kind of salty because I did not get an invite. I've heard only 13% of cast that entered got an invite and basically none of my friends did.

My backup plan is to hope that tours needs people Memorial Day weekend and I can just take a family there hahaha.

A few pages back but the DRC water park event was actually probably one of the only redeeming things about working there. I promised myself I wouldn't still be there for this year's one and I successfully pulled that off, but it was still a pretty neat event.