Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Sabreseven posted:

You're probably not far off tbh, all the recent langauge from CIG screams of money trouble. From the subtle "please keep spending if you want to support us" to the aggresive "each item ships at individual costs". It all adds up and when laid out is indicating a fairly plausible red flag.

I don't think we'll get entertainment out of it's collapse, but the entertainment will come from those who have been whiteknighting it relentlessly without paying heed to the flags and gently caress ups for years. It'll be their time to shine and they will be more defensive of their "investments" than ever before, the threads of reddit will run (rage) red as they collectively fall on their fideliteous swords and then the reality will hit them and silence will reign over them. :)

If i had invested in this farce, i would just go into submarine mode a few months with my social media accounts/forum posts. I really hope you are right.

Is it considered a witchhunt if one starts to collect nice snippets to throw it back to the whiteknights faces? Should we start a quote database?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

AutismVaccine posted:

If i had invested in this farce, i would just go into submarine mode a few months with my social media accounts/forum posts. I really hope you are right.

Is it considered a witchhunt if one starts to collect nice snippets to throw it back to the whiteknights faces? Should we start a quote database? (but without genetalia talk ofc)

I am a professional editor of posts on bad forums. AMA

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

AutismVaccine posted:

Is it considered a witchhunt if one starts to collect nice snippets to throw it back to the whiteknights faces? Should we start a quote database?

I think that is considered as "Prior preparation for the ensuing lolz" and is quite acceptable. :D

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
man I miss getting those crazy af emails from people

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

"I'm helping"

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

:lol: Bribase, never stop :D

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

RandomNinja posted:

It's hilarious that the diehard believers think that Derek controls everyone's actions, or influences their beliefs somehow?

I spent a good few years in the conspiracy mines in the 1990s, so there's a couple of things to recognize. Firstly, the conspiracy theory itself a coping tool that allows people to completely ignore nuance and/or cognitive dissonance relating to a particular belief. Cognitive Dissonance itself is the juxtaposition of two entirely separate beliefs that are mutually exclusive. it usually sets up around some aberrant belief that has way too much influence on the person meeting a 'fact'.

Because the two ideas clash so horribly, they're usually unified into a narrative that allows for supra and sub competencies on the conspiracy itself. So for example, the US government is smart enough to deconstruct an alien spacecraft, but lets a guy do the 1990s circuit talking about it. They're ruthless enough to trigger false flag operations to 'take your guns', but always seem to forget the legislative route.

Derek is merely an identifiable individual (the smallest unit you can break things down to - minimizing is important here) that they can blame for everything. The cognitive dissonance of him actually having _nothing_ to do with the development of the game, yet having _everything_ to do with perceived attacks leads to the weird ideation and conflation of Doowop Smathers into an ideological 'devil' of sorts.

RandomNinja posted:

Also, early access games suck and I'm sick of them. The video game industry needs to burn and be rebuilt. It's stagnant and lovely.

Yeah, I'm calming my hype into waiting for the first/second sales for most games, as I have a backlog and no time. The idea of beta-testing software was cute before it became par for the course, and one of the things that convinces me that SC doesn't have a stellar future is the move towards 'pick up and play' supplanting the 'second job' for the majority gamer, shuffling the microtransactions MMO into more and more of a niche.

All the talk of digital assets _appreciating_ sends my eyebrows hiding in my hairline. It's like, "Point out whereever that has happened". There's a very specific curve to gaming 'value', and I'll be surprised if SC has _any_ longevity beyond flameout.

Space Crabs posted:

You fools complaining about projects needing things like scope, accountability, limits, controls, multiple opinions, deadlines and budgets are fools.

fools = fools

Checks out guys.

peter gabriel posted:

This I can sort of understand, Derek is the Bad Man as designated by Chris.
What I find harder to understand is that all roads lead to Derek's genitals and they love to chat about those, all the time

Yeah, but have you seen them? They could be absolutely breath-taking. I mean those balls alone have to be lustrous and brassy.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The fact that these people still believe this is what happened is endlessly amusing, especially because I think Hater even admitted he was loving with them in one post after the fact. Someone should go search through the discord and find the part where he asked us to make poo poo up so Bribase can finally find peace lol.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

"$3 for a ship skin is excessive and greedy!" /spends $15000 on a completionist package.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AutismVaccine posted:

Should we start a quote database?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800238&userid=67510

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

tooterfish posted:

"$3 for a ship skin is excessive and greedy!" /spends $15000 on a completionist package.
$20 on a turret that doesn't even come with guns

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
"How dare E:D sell custom skins and nameplates and being greedy, scummy fucks!" they screamed into the pit of irony.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
you see, its okay when cig does it (for hundreds of dollars more) because their game doesn't actual exist yet; so it's not "selling" its "pledging"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Nicholas posted:

you see, its okay when cig does it (for hundreds of dollars more) because their game doesn't actual exist yet.

Look, you can not walk around near corridors in Elite, this is just a fact, so therefore Star Citizen is no longer bad and is actually extremely good

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

nawledgelambo posted:

"How dare E:D sell custom skins and nameplates and being greedy, scummy fucks!" they screamed into the pit of irony.

How soon they all forget.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

TheAgent posted:

I would legit watch a Real World: CIG Edition

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

peter gabriel posted:

Look, you can not walk around near corridors in Elite, this is just a fact, so therefore Star Citizen is no longer bad and is actually extremely good

yes i agree. that was what i was trying to say. i also meant to post that on reddit

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

ComfyPants posted:

10 years for a circle? Minimum Viable Painting.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Thoatse posted:

This thread needs more stoats

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/buying-ships-with-auec

Star Citizen is like Schrodinger's Cat. Sure it's dead now, but someday he might get a new cat.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Thoatse posted:

This thread needs more stoats

Agreed.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Star Citizen is like Schrodinger's Cat, it's only broken if you load it up

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

SC shills are now spamming report on any post that does not show CR or SC as a beaming bastion of perfection. :(

Stupid cunts :D

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Virtual Captain posted:

Reminds me of Lesson 18 in this incredible game design video. Restrictions breed creativity: limitations force us to explore paths we normally wouldn't have considered.

Probably doesn't know poo poo about game development tho.

:five: :five: :five: This talk is amazing. You're right though, this guy probably doesn't understand game design.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

This I can sort of understand, Derek is the Bad Man as designated by Chris.
What I find harder to understand is that all roads lead to Derek's genitals and they love to chat about those, all the time

Because Derek is one of "them"*, and if there's one thing we all know about them it's that they have massive penises. How can you not imagine that proud member in all its glory?

*indie game developers

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Bribase is playing the old unironic quadruple reverse puppet master card.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Bribase is playing the old unironic quadruple reverse puppet master card.
Or maybe he's just an idiot.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

tooterfish posted:

I wonder when, or if, they'll ever update the completionist package to include the chariots that were released after they created the original completionist set.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

XK posted:

I wonder when, or if, they'll ever update the completionist package to include the chariots that were released after they created the original completionist set.
What would it be named though?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Completionist 2.0.

legion989
Jan 18, 2013
IMO this would all be collapsing sooner than it potentially would if Derek wasn't on this crusade. His being vocal has rallied the whales and cultists to dump more money into CIG in order to spite him among other things. Derek also acts as a focal point for SC fans to rally against, there would probably be more infighting at this point if he wasn't around.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Do I donate to the Ashes of Creation Kickstarter or have I learned my lesson?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

legion989 posted:

IMO this would all be collapsing sooner than it potentially would if Derek wasn't on this crusade. His being vocal has rallied the whales and cultists to dump more money into CIG in order to spite him among other things. Derek also acts as a focal point for SC fans to rally against, there would probably be more infighting at this point if he wasn't around.
I know right? Thank you Derek.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Do I donate to the Ashes of Creation Kickstarter or have I learned my lesson?

I won't do it for the sole reason Lethality is shilling it

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

The fact that these people still believe this is what happened is endlessly amusing, especially because I think Hater even admitted he was loving with them in one post after the fact. Someone should go search through the discord and find the part where he asked us to make poo poo up so Bribase can finally find peace lol.

That was one of the most hilarious evenings on Discord I can ever remember. Well besides Kiowa Chief's epic cross platform meltdown. Hater DID in fact sperg out and couldn't help but tip his hand.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

thatguy posted:

I know right? Thank you Derek.

this unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

legion989 posted:

One day Derek will rip off the mask and reveal that Derek was really Roberts all along. He created Derek just to get people to give him more money. And he would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling goons.