Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Where's the update where that op says "actually none of that happened at all lol"

Sadly OP never responded nor did their throwaway account ever post anything except what you read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MF_James posted:

Sadly OP never responded nor did their throwaway account ever post anything except what you read.

Hopefully their body self aborted out of shame.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I [21 M] wept in my girlfriend's mother's [50F] arms the last night. Feel closer than ever to her, but I feel sad that that moment will never be relived and don't know how to go from here.

I felt super awkward reading that, and I ran into my gynecologist at my SO's dad's birthday on Friday, so my family event awkward barometer is pretty high.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oh no feelings a bloo bloo

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bamabalacha posted:

I felt super awkward reading that, and I ran into my gynecologist at my SO's dad's birthday on Friday, so my family event awkward barometer is pretty high.

that dude is a cautionary tale in what happens if you're nice to people, because you will eventually fall prey to a that dude and he's harder to get rid of than bedbugs

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

He just wants to be loved!

I mean, he needs to tone it down a little, but if he's planning on staying with his GF, it's not the worst thing ever to cultivate the relationship with her Mom and have her be his motherly figure. I can see him dragging out the relationship just so he can get some sweet mom notsex-action.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I hope Jamie gives that chick grief 24/7 now.

3AM texts "Hey, just letting you know, your boyfriend is NOT plowing me. Because he's not into dudes, of which I am one. BTW, you should consider *makeup tips that I can't be bothered to come up with.*"

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Does anyone know Jamie's phone number? It's uh, for a friend.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I recommend a foundation with undertones of blue to help counteract the green tone your envy gives you.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
OTOH jealousy seems to make sense considering how many of these stories are about morons making bad decisions on who they cheat with practically out in the open.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

still searching for the Golden Reddit Post, wherein a 40-year-old guy is nailing his also-40 open relationship wife on the DL while his 25-year-old girlfriend is distracted with spying on the mailman she's convinced he's cheating on her with, based on their having nodded while passing each other one morning.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pvt.Scott posted:

Does anyone know Jamie's phone number? It's uh, for a friend.

gently caress your friend, Jamie's going to be MY friend.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

still searching for the Golden Reddit Post, wherein a 40-year-old guy is nailing his also-40 open relationship wife on the DL while his 25-year-old girlfriend is distracted with spying on the mailman she's convinced he's cheating on her with, based on their having nodded while passing each other one morning.

r/relationships is the monkeys and typewriters of human drama

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Cthulu Carl posted:

I wonder how much "Hey, that chick you aspire to be? she's a dude. Like, not even in a 'I don't understand transgender' sense. Nope, he's just a dude to loves girl clothes and make-up" affects the self-confidence of a chick with the OP's problems.

Are there updates where the BF breaks up with her anyway and continues to bro out with Jamie while she stews outside the window, waiting for the Make-out session that is definitely going to happen tonight, she swears?

It's just so odd that she somehow never pressed the issue enough before that point. "what do you mean one of the guys?!" seems like an obvious follow up to some of those times she was getting angry about it. I'm hoping we're missing how obvious the whole thing was, because the way she writes about it, it was a little odd how they'd essentially say Jamie was a guy, but were always coy about it too? It's just so weird to me that they had several conversations on the topic before it was made clear to her that Jamie was indeed a dude and even that was done in weird way (bf says nothing while getting him to come over to explain). Again, not taking her side at all, the whole thing just seems weird.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Ouhei posted:

It's just so odd that she somehow never pressed the issue enough before that point. "what do you mean one of the guys?!" seems like an obvious follow up to some of those times she was getting angry about it. I'm hoping we're missing how obvious the whole thing was, because the way she writes about it, it was a little odd how they'd essentially say Jamie was a guy, but were always coy about it too? It's just so weird to me that they had several conversations on the topic before it was made clear to her that Jamie was indeed a dude and even that was done in weird way (bf says nothing while getting him to come over to explain). Again, not taking her side at all, the whole thing just seems weird.

It's very elaborate and strains credulity.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

r/relationships is the monkeys and typewriters of human drama

it's exactly a volunteer-written telenovela with selective editing instead of amnesia

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

new phone who dis posted:

It's very elaborate and strains credulity.

It's fanfiction to make a girl look like an rear end in a top hat, while a group of guys are super inclusive.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Ouhei posted:

A lot of liberals thing "being polite about gender" means "never mentioning it ever except coy wink-nudge acknowledgements of the status quo" and that's what this reads like.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yeah thinking about it more it's weird that the boyfriend didn't just say "Jamie's a man" instead of texting them and waiting for them to get there to say "I'm a man.", especially since they later act like it was common knowledge. Hm.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Ouhei posted:

You don't break kayfabe unless it is vital or part of the hustle.

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah thinking about it more it's weird that the boyfriend didn't just say "Jamie's a man" instead of texting them and waiting for them to get there to say "I'm a man.", especially since they later act like it was common knowledge. Hm.

They know he's a dude because they've known him forever and they know what he looks like when not all tarted up. Easy to forget other people don't have that advantage.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

It's fanfiction to make a girl look like an rear end in a top hat, while a group of guys are super inclusive.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Ouhei posted:

I also don't know how she could be so oblivious so as to not notice Jamie is actually a man in women's clothing. I mean, I've seen some people pull it off really well, but usually after hanging out with them a few times you'll figure it out.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

The more I think about it, the more I'm agreeing with this. It just all reads as too weird if it's real.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
plot twist jamie and the BF are loving

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boner confessor posted:

plot twist it's actually sherlock and watson!! also one of them has a doggo penis. i didn't make the rules. *hoooowl*

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

boner confessor posted:

Yeah it's either fake or a super elaborate con to make the girl feel like poo poo and stop bothering them because they're loving.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah, as in the anonymous confessions thread, calling bullshit kind of ruins most of the fun, but this is clearly all bullshit. "Hey, my gf thinks you're a woman, please drop what you're doing and arrive at my door within the time span of our argument to show her your dick".

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

MF_James posted:

I also don't know how she could be so oblivious so as to not notice Jamie is actually a man in women's clothing. I mean, I've seen some people pull it off really well, but usually after hanging out with them a few times you'll figure it out.

If he's figured out the difference in walk/cadence, body language and stuff like not splaying your legs or scratching your balls while hocking a loogie, a lot of people aren't all that observant. The GF might have been staring at Jamie, but she was distracted by her seething jealousy and anger.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Slugworth posted:

Yeah, as in the anonymous confessions thread, calling bullshit kind of ruins most of the fun, but this is clearly all bullshit. "Hey, my gf thinks you're a woman, please drop what you're doing and arrive at my door within the time span of our argument to show her your dick".

the only improbable part is that they were actually competent enough to orchestrate this, we might just be reading about the most on-the-ball college sophomores ever

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 1, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Slugworth posted:

Also, that fails to address the issue that men are lovely morons with no feelings.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Ouhei posted:

The more I think about it, the more I'm agreeing with this. It just all reads as too weird if it's real.

The inclusive group is so perfect, they're exactly like the kids from south park - not seeing why a flag is racist.

It's an interesting story though as it sparks debate.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 1, 2017

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
:(

Girlfriend (26F) had had 4 abusive ex-boyfriends, how do I (29M) know I'm not just another one?

quote:

GF and I of 9 months just had our first blow up fight this weekend and I am having trouble processing a lot of thoughts and feelings about it. I need some outside opinions.

We were both ticked off about each other's phone habits, in that we are both constantly on our phones but whereas I tend to text her back right away and respond quickly, she tends to put it off and get to it whenever. She wasn't even denying it, she just said she prefers to wait. I asked her wait for what and she didn't have a real answer, basically that she just waits sometimes and then sometimes forgets, but then gets back to it. It was a frustrating conversation, and a long time coming.

But this fight escalated when we got home to our apartment and after going back and forth for a while, I got way too pissed off and left the room to smoke a cigarette. After about 10 minutes I calmed down a bit and came back inside but she was still just as upset as before and started coming at me with obvious meanness, telling me not to slam the door (I absolutely did not) and muttering under her breath that "you're all the same." It was starting to piss me off again so I asked her to repeat herself and she repeated "yeah, you're all exactly the same, don't think you're any different."

What she's referring to are her ex-boyfriends, all 4 of whom were physically abusive to her. I have never laid a hand on her or even come close in any circumstance. This was the first time I ever even got angry with her.

So obviously this pissed me off and I asked her "why would you compare me to those guys? I've never come close to ever hitting you or hurting you like that." And she said "Yeah well, you will, and when you do, make sure you don't leave any marks around my face because I don't want you to get into trouble. I still like you a lot."

She started crying after that and just left the apartment. I tried to ask her to stay but she literally darted to her car and sped off.

I feel so uncomfortable and troubled by this. How am I supposed to take this? Does she feel something in me that makes her feel threatened? Am I doing this all wrong? I admit that when I was younger, I used to have some anger problems but I've gotten way better about how to handle it, and despite the anger, I've never, ever hit my girlfriends before.

I don't want her to feel scared of me. I don't want her to think of me in that way or expect that one day I'll lose it on her. What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this? What if I am this person and I don't even know it? Is that possible? I can't imagine hurting her so why does she feel that way about me?

TLDR: GF and I had our first major fight and she accused me of being "all the same" as her previous boyfriends, who were all physically abusive. I've never been physical aggressive with her and I feel hurt and also somewhat paranoid that I'm acting in a way that scares her. I don't know how to fix this so she doesn't feel that way or expect that from me. How can I communicate with her better to change this?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Girlfriend (26F) had had 4 abusive ex-boyfriends, how do I (29M) know I'm not just another one?

Usually you just know you arent an abuser, but I guess you could call the police and see if they feel like they have enough of a case?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Well guys ARE all the same, they're all abusive, manipulative monsters.

Pick you don't need to post about this one now.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

that poor woman but lol at how many people pick unnecessary fights over texting habits

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pick posted:

plot twist it's actually sherlock and watson!! also one of them has a doggo penis. i didn't make the rules. *hoooowl*

What was that poo poo called? Omegaverse Slashfics or some poo poo, where dudes can also get pregnant by other dudes?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Batterypowered7 posted:

What was that poo poo called? Omegaverse Slashfics or some poo poo, where dudes can also get pregnant by other dudes?

Ha ha yeah, Omegaverse. Like they've all got dog penises and a weird caste system, but definitely butt pregnancy is an angle.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
had had

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Batterypowered7 posted:

Where did that poo poo even come from, anyway? Was there like one show or book that actually had this, or did the tumblr hivemind just wake up one morning and think: "how can we change all fanfiction to incorporate gay sex and dogdicks?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

She needs to :therapy: