Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rainuwastaken posted:

If the scales are balanced, then there's at least a 50% 17.4% chance of us getting through this without turning Nice Robot Village into a smoking crater.

YOU SEE ANGELUS, NORMALLY THEY GOT A 0% CHANCE TO SURVIVE. BUT FACTOR IN THAT CAIM IS A GENETIC FREAK AND

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I was considering picking up TDI's Nier LP but wasn't certain where to dive in. Normally I'd just start at the beginning but I'd watched JordanKai's fragmentary VLP, which ended right when the group met the Shadowlord (sp?). How far along is that in the plot?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

For the Glory of Mankind

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

NGDBSS posted:

I was considering picking up TDI's Nier LP but wasn't certain where to dive in. Normally I'd just start at the beginning but I'd watched JordanKai's fragmentary VLP, which ended right when the group met the Shadowlord (sp?). How far along is that in the plot?

That should be right before the split, like the last few entries. Id was nice enough to break up the contents before the split and after.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

:eyepop:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Glory to Mankind.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There's a Nier VLP that started today if you want to get in on the ground floor.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The fact that it's a stream-based LP of a game with a lot of ramp-up time does not fill me with confidence. (Otherwise I'd watch it too!) I remember from JordanKai's LP that there was a lot of editing needed to really show off the world, since the focus isn't on the minute-to-minute combat, and playing the game on stream seems like a very good way to instead get LPer/co-commentator/viewer fatigue.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 1, 2017

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

NGDBSS posted:

The fact that it's a stream-based LP of a game with a lot of ramp-up time does not fill me with confidence. (Otherwise I'd watch it too!) I remember from JordanKai's LP that there was a lot of editing needed to really show off the world, since the focus isn't on the minute-to-minute combat, and playing the game on stream seems like a very good way to instead get LPer/co-commentator/viewer fatigue.

Yeah, but on the other hand they managed to get someone who doesn't know the game's plot, so hearing her reactions to the wonders of Nier's plot live will be interesting. And they're not doing 100% sidequests, so we probably won't have to watch Life in the Sands done in real time.

This is amazing, great work. Better keep petting that robot.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

pet

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Attack! :black101:

There's something sinister about these ones.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:h: pet

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

* Check?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Beautiful.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

:petdog:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

*This cannot continue

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

*This cannot continue

NO ONE STOPS. IT'S WAY TOO LATE TO STOP.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

:h: * Pet

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Oh gosh, the machines in this game are just too cute. Why do you do this, Yoko Taro? Why do you give us such joy and then take it away?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Viola the Mad posted:

Oh gosh, the machines in this game are just too cute. Why do you do this, Yoko Taro? Why do you give us such joy and then take it away?

Look, I know you're worried, but I'm sure that this time Taro Yoko won't kill off every likable or cute character. I mean, Emil lived through Nier 1, right?

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
I thought he got blown up? Was there something I missed?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

sleepy.eyes posted:

I thought he got blown up? Was there something I missed?

Post ending cutscene shows that his head survived.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Kavak posted:

Guess what the "weapon story" for his emil head mask is...

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

chiasaur11 posted:

Look, I know you're worried, but I'm sure that this time Taro Yoko won't kill off every likable or cute character. I mean, Emil lived through Nier 1, right?

Eh hehehehehehe....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Cuveball Sliders
Oct 9, 2007

Kavak posted:

I hope it makes an appearance in automata

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

McFetusBurger posted:

I hope it makes an appearance in automata

The little guys sort of look like a Robo-Emil. Maybe they are his robot children he made to not feel lonely after everyone on Earth died or hosed off to the Moon.

sleepy.eyes fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 2, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It would be pretty funny if the androids somehow mistook Emil for an alien invasion.

Tazgirl18992
Aug 15, 2015

Sindai posted:

It would be pretty funny if the androids somehow mistook Emil for an alien invasion.

sleepy.eyes posted:

The little guys sort of look like a Robo-Emil. Maybe they are his robot children he made to not feel lonely after everyone on Earth died or hosed off to the Moon.

:ohdear: then there was a poor virus making his new children friends all mean and the androids are hurting them. Maybe the androids caused the virus. They're certainly mean enough for hurting poor Emils friends,

I still need to get this game. Though I'm not sure my pc can handle it and I have no PS4.. or monies.. I WILL GET IT ONE DAY. Until then, IDs play is as close as I can get to this goodness.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah but he's never going to get ahead in life.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Poor Emil, for the first time in hundreds of years, and then all too soon he has no body.

I'll see myself out, I'm sorry.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Binged through this over the weekend and I'm so, so happy this thread (and game) exists. So far I seem to have some slight resistance to getting all mushy over these characters, and there aren't any adorable daughters/dragons so maybe, just maybe I'll be able to escape being utterly crushed this time the way only Taro Yoko can do.

I may still wind up getting a PS4 over this. My computer could handle the Steam version but my data limit, unfortunately can't.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Amongst all the mysteries this game presents, the biggest one I'm curious about is how humanity survived after the events of Nier.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

ManSedan posted:

Amongst all the mysteries this game presents, the biggest one I'm curious about is how humanity survived after the events of Nier.

If I recall correctly, it did say that several locations had successful merging of replicants and gestalts. They were in the minority, but it's not unfeasible for there to be several hundred thousand who made it, give we know very little about the population numbers at the time of project gestalt.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The DLC is out now on UK and Hong Kong PSN (or will be later today if it's not up on US stores as of post time). It's not up on PC as of the time of posting.

Go buy it if you want to give Yoko Taro more money and don't if you don't.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Hail the dark lord, I offer my wallet as a sacrifice :homebrew:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, of what we've seen so far with the robo-womb and wacky world land over here, on a scale of 1 to 10 where do they rate on the game's craziness scale?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

For this game, for a Yoko Taro game, or for games in general? 'cos they all have wildly different scores but the answer for all three is "strap in and see"

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, of what we've seen so far with the robo-womb and wacky world land over here, on a scale of 1 to 10 where do they rate on the game's craziness scale?

Given how the batshit insanity in a Taro-san game tends to scale exponentially the longer the game goes on - see literally any Drakenier game - I'm going to guess that we have only begun the descent, and thus rate about a 2 on the WTF-o-meter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
For this game in particular... Well, we're only a few chapters in :shepface: Buckle the gently caress in, kids.

In the grand scheme of Taro Yoko games in general, "robowomb spits out dickless Sephiroth" barely twitches the weirdness meter.

• Locked thread