Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

KomoriMan posted:

Ahoy-hoy everyone,

Marvel Heroes 2016's Creative Director, Jesse Decker(@Orren ) is here to introduce himself and to lay out the PC content timeline for 2017...

"My name is Jesse Decker(@Orren ), and I'm the Creative Director on Marvel Heroes. I'm sorry if you've felt like we haven't been communicating enough. I hope that we can earn your trust and build a rapport over the course of the coming months. As a start of this process, I’m going to share the roadmap as I see it for 2017 then answer as many of your questions as I can in this thread.

I’m excited about what lies ahead for the PC game, but before we get into the roadmap, everyone needs to understand that there is always some risk to any schedule. The plan below represents a lot of hard work ahead and of course we’ll come up with (and you folks will suggest) more excellent ideas along the way. I have not included the full list of costumes or cosmetic-only items here; some of those items will release every month if not otherwise mentioned here.

May - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2-themed costumes for Star Lord and Rocket Raccoon, Gamora & Drax movie teamups, and an awesome movie-inspired Groot pet!

June - Anniversary gifts, a new danger room tileset with a new boss fight using an up-leveled version of an existing foe, and our usual over-the top Anniversary event.

July - A new Daily Bugle Terminal with a brand new boss fight (first as part of an event and then later turned on permanently)

Late July - Carnage playable; Carnage has been discussed as a potential playable for a long time. The design team is pretty excited about what they can do with his power set and the awesome visuals of Carnage turning his own body into weapons.

September - Apocalypse Terminal

November - Thor-related playable content, most likely a new terminal facing down the powerful Hela

Late November - Odinson (Unworthy Thor) playable. This incarnation of Thor has a full roster of new powers that change dynamically as he switches between weapons. It’s worth emphasizing that this is a new playable not a special costume.

We’re a month or three away from sharing our plans for the first half of 2018. I’ll chime in with those as soon as I can. Thanos looms menacingly over the year and will surely mark a major calendar milestone.

In addition to the content and characters listed above, we have plans to improve our event designs, many of which involve new content. Those plans likely have to wait for an opening, because the schedule described above is already for our team ambitious. As we continue to work through the summer, we'll share those details as well.

Sometime in the June to September timeframe, we want to bring the Omega patch to PC. There's a lot to figure out about that patch still, and although I'll try to answer questions as they arise in this thread, there are some things that we can't share simply because they are not yet decided or solved.

There are a lot of questions about how the console and PC games will differ. We are planning to keep the two games similar but not exactly the same. For example, you cannot trade items to other players on the Console game, but we do not plan to take away that functionality on the PC game. In addition, there are 2 fewer equippable item slots on the console version, and we have changed many, if not all of the items with new affixes, new powers, and new keywords. We have also made some items now work within the rarity system that previously did not. We are working daily to plan out exactly how each of these differences will be resolved and on what timeline. Our broad goals are to make the best choices we can for the cross-platform effort but not take away functionality from the PC that is already there. Another huge example of this is that console players do not have access to teamups.

I welcome comments in this thread and will try to be online all day to answer issues as they come up."
Terminals!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I would rather uninstall than hear more of Carnage's voice.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah I'm uninstalling. 2 new chars this year yay!!!!

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Odinson actually sounds like he could be a bit interesting (if gaz puts in an effort but :gaz: ) but lol carnage

e: Apocalypse and Hela bosses also sounds like fun and are more exciting than loving crossbones and the doctor strange dude but yeah, this really won't inspire confidence in the fanbase.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 1, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Davebo I'll transfer leadership to you.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Carnage? Time to dig out my Korn albums and live out my inner XTREME 90's kid dream!

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
2 terminals, maybe 3, and 2 characters. For the rest of the year. This is on top of the past 6+ months of content drought.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

quote:

I am sorry if it distresses you, but there are no plans to work the existing PVP mode. I don't think that design is salvagable.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I would literally trade all of that for the Symbiote Spidey costume and to hear the lamentations of the pubbies.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I've been away for awhile, what is their reasoning for the lack of content? Do they not have the money or staff for it?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

I've been away for awhile, what is their reasoning for the lack of content? Do they not have the money or staff for it?

There is no lack of content comrade, we have always been at parity with the console version :commissar:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Rad Valtar posted:

Their excuse is that they are focusing on getting the console port right.

(which probably is the right move from them but it will pretty much kill off the PC version)

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Rad Valtar posted:

I have been working at Gazillion Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)
Pros
None currently. Some years back I got to work with extremely talented individuals, but they've all left.
Cons
Management. Couldn't find a bigger gaggle of idiots if you tried. Completely oblivious to the reality about the development of their game. Constantly forcing out bug riddled code due to not firing idiot developers. They can't hire good ones because this company has become a joke over the past several years. Not to mention, they simply don't have the money.
The only reason I'm still here is because I want to se…
Show More
Advice to Management
It's a little too late, but here it goes.
You should have listened to your more senior staff/developers. When we told you forcing out code/patches that were riddled with known game breaking bugs, it wasn't going to make us look good.
Never listen to the lowest common denominator. I understand it may see the vocal minority on the forums of the games are the voice of the playerbase, but they never are. Some really solid ideas for the games got X'd because you all listened to the whiners. This really screwed us out of revenue we needed to hire better talent instead of the 3rd rate idiots you all scrapped the bottom of your family trees for.
When you constantly punished the playerbase, they were eventually going to snap back, and now they've got their pitchforks and are looking for blood.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Playable Carnage means a ton of oforums meltdowns, even if in practice he'll probably be "what if Venom was even worse feeling." Net positive?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Kudos to the guy for coming out and admitting that PVP in this (kind of) game is a shitshow and will always be a shitshow, at least.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
this is your periodic reminder that glassdoor does basically zero verification on reviews so that could just as easily be a disgruntled player

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Can't wait for a Venom skin for my Carnage.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cease to Hope posted:

this is your periodic reminder that glassdoor does basically zero verification on reviews so that could just as easily be a disgruntled player

It was me

The twist: I'm Doomsaw

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Cease to Hope posted:

its on the internt so it must be tru

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

It was me

what a coincidence, i'm asros

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Kelp Plankton posted:

It was me

That would explain a lot of things considering you never played the game

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Fine by me, I'm not stopping until they remove Wolverine from the game entirely.

Edit: do I need to make a PS4 login to approve goons to join that guild?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

MMAgCh posted:

Terminals!
this is a lot of words to say "pc is dead long live ps4"

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

davebo posted:

Fine by me, I'm not stopping until they remove Wolverine from the game entirely.

Edit: do I need to make a PS4 login to approve goons to join that guild?

Their guilds, like everything else, would be separate, so only if you want to make a guild for it.

And we know you do, Mr. I've-Cosmiced-Wolverine-On-Multiple-Fresh-Accounts :getin:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
imagine sitting on your couch in your undies playing two wolverines, trying to get their color to mach your outfit

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

I'm not going to get even remotely excited but I will admit that the new creative director is taking it on the chin like a champ in that thread

it's a hell of a lot better than asros feeling persecuted the turds he's dropping aren't firm enough on a Bristol chart

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Jusupov posted:

imagine sitting on your couch in your undies playing two wolverines, trying to get their color to mach your outfit

I wear that hoodie so much it's slowly turning into his orange/brown costume.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

also, from that big blog post

Sometime in the June to September timeframe, we want to bring the Omega patch to PC.

ps4 totally gonna get omega difficulty and items first, primary version forever

but seriously, that roadmap is GRIM if you were hoping to feel empassioned about the pc version. two new characters, a terminal, and omega stuff "sometime between june and september"

i'll probably keep it installed to try carnage and thor, but ps4 version forever ride or die how can we not talk about family when family's all that we got

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I mean it's awesome for PS4 if you are new to the game or just love your controller or simply want to experience the game on a console. I would THINK a brand new player would thoroughly love this game.

That roadmap just tells me they're on their last leg and it's either console for new players or we die BABAY!!

Where the biggest O forums meltdowns at? I'm ready for some good laughs. Comixfan always said he would quit the game and go on a rampage if Carnage became playable (sic).

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4196209#Comment_4196209

quote:

Very astute. Yes, the Eternity Spliter economy as it stands cannot survive only 2 characters released in six months. That problem has yet to be solved.
Wonder how they'll resolve this?

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sad

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I mean it's awesome for PS4 if you are new to the game or just love your controller or simply want to experience the game on a console.

all of these apply to me, but the biggest reason i am most excited about it is that it is a second chance. in the first couple years we all saw the game change and get so much better, then decisions were made that just added bloat and fluff where it was not needed. for me, the "downhill slide" begins with the defensive rework, which i'd been screaming was needed forever then turned out to barely address any actual problems.

mho is a chance to start fresh. they can skip team ups, raids, pets and pet cybernetics, and whatever else other crap and just focus on what works.

will prolly gently caress it up but whatever, i can lay in bed and play marvel heroes

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
It's up to Davebo to not log-in for months to continue his predecessor's legacies.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Asros posted:

I've already brought [Carnage's VO] up with our audio director. We know there are players who strongly disliked his Team-Up VO and we don't want that to be an issue as a playable.
I guess there's that at least.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Congratulations team, we guilted them into releasing a melee Venom, and a melee Thor - with the Brucie bonus that they're going to also nerf Eternity Splinters because they forgot not to hand them out like candy when there's nothing to buy with them.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Giedroyc posted:

It's up to Davebo to not log-in for months to continue his predecessor's legacies.

Davebo, this is important. Will you carry on the tradish?

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I miss Doomsaw, he knew how to properly stir up some hype.

Of course, I doubt even he would have been able to spin, 'Hey, sorry, we won't have much for the first 3 quarters of this year for PC because we have been busy overhauling the game for a port to consoles!', in a way that didn't make PC players perturbed.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

much like hillary clinton in 2016, gazillion could not say "the future is coming quickly and we will have to adapt to it" because that makes people sad. they just want to hear "we'll fix everything, pc is still the primary version, we're gonna have a huge wall... enhanced secret wars costume for thing"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
icr

i am here

you know what must be done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SV is right.

Before you transfer leadership you have to kick him out of the guild.