Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Laminator posted:

so if people are rubber banding all over the place, that means their connection is still lovely, correct?

yep, enjoy the free kills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
it's actually made things a bit difficult because it seems that actually hitting these laggy players with bullets has become... inconsistent

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I want the Martini Henry sniper just because it seems like the most hilariously trollish gun. Got the 300 kills needed over the last two days and I have to say the Martini Henry infantry is bar none the most satisfying rifle in the game. Nothing feels or sounds better but the number of times you hit someone for 91-99 is irritating. Now to grind out 25 bayonet charge kills, which will probably be more annoying than 300 martini kills.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Can someone accept my app to the butt clan? Tomzombie808

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
I just applied to buttclan as breastler, I have only gamed with goons like twice.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Never mind

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 30, 2017

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Can someone accept my app to the butt clan? Tomzombie808

lambskin posted:

I just applied to buttclan as breastler, I have only gamed with goons like twice.

You're both in. Don't forget that you have to go back into the platoon menu and choose a platoon to represent before the tag actually applies.

Thanks for the posts as well. Usually I look to see if someone is in any goon groups or has mutual friends if I don't recognize the name but I'm just on my phone now so that helped.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Auxiliary Treats posted:

You're both in. Don't forget that you have to go back into the platoon menu and choose a platoon to represent before the tag actually applies.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do this but I'm not trying very HARD.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i applied to join buttclan i am rti-ic

i am in no way an asset if you hope for victory, as i'm either rushing headfirst into the other team's gunfire or i am sniping like a piss baby.

usually the former.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I'm still trying to figure out how to do this but I'm not trying very HARD.

Go back to the buttclan menu and hit triangle to represent the platoon. I'm assuming that this allows you to be in multiple platoons at once?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I was expecting the motorcycle to :dice: me somehow.

https://gfycat.com/FragrantQuaintAdamsstaghornedbeetle

Once I realized what was happening, all I could do was wait for deaths sweet embrace.

https://gfycat.com/IncompleteNeglectedBlueandgoldmackaw

lambskin posted:

Go back to the buttclan menu and hit triangle to represent the platoon. I'm assuming that this allows you to be in multiple platoons at once?

Yup, you can be a member of up to 10 but you can only rep one at a time. I'm pretty happy with the functionality so far. If you check the platoon menu it tells you if any members are playing and you're able to jump into their game.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Humpthewind reporting for duty in [butt] clan. Application sent.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

lambskin posted:

yes, you can be in multiple platoons and choose which one you want to rep depending on who you're playing with at the time.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

awe hell yeah I'm gonna join your hugs platoon as well winter.mute

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Gonna need a field test and a status report on the dart changes. mellowjournalism, get yr rear end in the air!

hi, :wave:

DICE posted:

Direct damage no longer hurts soldiers

what?? ok

DICE posted:

Fixed incorrectly low damage of rockets against other planes.

gently caress

yeah

DICE posted:

Players with a connection above 100ms will have to lead their shot as server side hit detection is performed, indicated by icon in upper right corner.

woah

Submitting my application in to the hugs n butt when I hop on :]

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah I totally forgot that we can have multiple platoons. Next time I log on, I'm joining hugs.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I wish they didn't add the timer to Frontlines matches. I actually really liked the long matches on Soissons.

Applied to buttclan. I'm IHeartJamesMay.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 2, 2017

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

CornHolio posted:

whoa heck i heart james may too

you'll fit right in down at the Poop Hole

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

CornHolio posted:

I wish they didn't add the timer to Frontlines matches. I actually really liked the long matches on Soissons.

Yeah the hour+ matches were legendary, who cares if you don't get to finish them sometimes.

Now it seems like all of the Frontlines games I play either end in a boring blowout or time out in a stale mate.

Bling Bling
Jun 9, 2001
Women are bitches since they won't fuck me.

CornHolio posted:

I agree, but strangely I haven't had a frontline match time out yet- maybe people play more aggressively when they know the end is imminent?

pls add me to BUTT CLAN PS4: THANKS

Bling Bling fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 3, 2017

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Had some good rounds yesterday with the BUTT crew. Mellow you'll have to upload that clip of me crashing into that fighter in front of you! That reminds me, I gotta start saving clips of my syringe kills, I want to make a compilation someday.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Can you rep a platoon but keep your emblem?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Seedge posted:

Can you rep a platoon but keep your emblem?

Unfortunately not.

DICE posted:

When you represent a platoon, its tag will automatically be displayed in front of your name and its emblem will automatically be displayed wherever your emblem is usually displayed. This essentially overrides your equipped emblem; when you represent a platoon, we want you to fully represent it.

Butt Clan dudes, I'm making dinner and then should be on most of the night.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'll join you after I eat.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Commander butts, and all butt privates, please report for duty!

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Sentries aren't that tough

https://gfycat.com/GloriousBareDeinonychus

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

I had no idea my body ended up there hahaha

Also that fucker killed me twice.

Wish I was shooting mans instead of... getting stranded by flight delays tonight.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I like the Butt Clans emblem and will fly it proudly.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

CornHolio posted:

I like the Butt Clans emblem and will fly it proudly.

I'm not saying it's bad.

Just that mine's is more representative of my playstyle.

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat
Where the hell do you apply for BUTT?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Optical Inch posted:

Where the hell do you apply for BUTT?

Open game, hit x to start.

On Main screen pull L2 trigger. Navigate that idiotic multi-game side panel to the Platoons(beta) option. Press X. Search for BUTT. Apply.

(it's obtuse as hell, :dice:)

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

lambskin posted:

Had some good rounds yesterday with the BUTT crew. Mellow you'll have to upload that clip of me crashing into that fighter in front of
you! That reminds me, I gotta start saving clips of my syringe kills, I want to make a compilation someday.

uggghh the ps4 gif maker is garbage :saddowns: well gently caress it howler monkey hyena warning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwaWwDzB1qw

nothin like a wingman split into chinese fingercuffs :cheers:

e:(note breastler peeling off at the very beginning of the clip)

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Hell yeah! Just wish I was able to save my plane after being disabled.

So there's some interesting changes coming to the CTE: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/691vpa/update_notes_3rd_of_may/
-flamer tank driver gets a flamethrower instead of case shot for a secondary
-mortar landship gets a heavy mortar, which does lots of damage to infantry and vehicles but takes longer to reload
-attack planes getting a speed buff
-dogfighter planes get incendiary ammo that can damage plane parts easily
-tank hunter landship gets a rear facing tank gewehr
-AA guns will be able to reach much higher than before, but won't be able to get as much horizontal distance (I think?)

Plus a bunch of other various balance changes. Air and vehicle combat seems like it will get much more interesting than it is now.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Applied for Butt clan, I'm baconfeet1

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Applied for the xbone butt clan as Guns of August

edit: apparently I haven't logged onto the forums from a pc in forever. Was a mod giving out tags somewhere?

best bale fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 5, 2017

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

best bale posted:

Applied for the xbone butt clan as Guns of August

edit: apparently I haven't logged onto the forums from a pc in forever. Was a mod giving out tags somewhere?

Got you approved and made you a lieutenant so you can approve new members as well.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Happy to be reppin' butt clan

Popeadactyl
Jul 28, 2009

dumb and gay
shooting the martini henry inside of a building is the most satisfying sound ive ever heard

Popeadactyl fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 5, 2017

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Don't know if this is kosher but my buddy the_irishjohn has applied to butt clan on ps4. Here's good people and has risen with goons before, can we accept him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Enlist in the butt platoon