Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So is calling someone a fucboi a way for people to call someone a fag without worrying about being criticized for anti-gay remarks ?

Google search seems to offer two definitions, one being similar to "swagfags" from a few years ago, and the other being a grey area insult. Reason I ask is that lirik guy using the term "fucboi hut" in that killing spree stream from the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

A screenshot from a game released in TYOOL 2017.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

jonathan posted:

So is calling someone a fucboi a way for people to call someone a fag without worrying about being criticized for anti-gay remarks ?

Google search seems to offer two definitions, one being similar to "swagfags" from a few years ago, and the other being a grey area insult. Reason I ask is that lirik guy using the term "fucboi hut" in that killing spree stream from the other day.

Quit being a fuckboi

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

jonathan posted:

what a lovely post

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

animatorZed posted:

It does match based on skill, at least in some way. Watch some of the streamers that win more often. Their lobbies often take several minutes to fill up compared to seconds, and games sometimes don't even get to 80-90 players before the match starts. Difference in play/coordination is also noticeable, as well as them coming across the same people repeatedly.

Yep, the main streamers that I watch just bought new accounts today because they are too high ranked and were struggling to fill servers with people ranked high enough. Not to mention that they would run up against the same players over and over again, meaning that stream sniping started to become a real issue.

real_scud posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/139344444 - Only the final couple minutes including my extremely lucky kill that starts off the recording.

Nice job, dude. although I bet you were kicking yourself when you opened up on that last guy the first time. I know I would have. That's the kind of thing that gets me killed so much.

jonathan posted:

I didn't think it was a gay slur? A "gently caress boy" is just a male "whore" as far as I knew. Someone who gets lucky a lot.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

jonathan posted:

Call your local aclu affiliate and find out for us.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

jonathan posted:

absolute fuckboy post right here

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Yep, the main streamers that I watch just bought new accounts today because they are too high ranked and were struggling to fill servers with people ranked high enough. Not to mention that they would run up against the same players over and over again, meaning that stream sniping started to become a real issue.

Nice job, dude. although I bet you were kicking yourself when you opened up on that last guy the first time. I know I would have. That's the kind of thing that gets me killed so much.

I didn't think it was a gay slur? A "gently caress boy" is just a male "whore" as far as I knew. Someone who gets lucky a lot.

I think "fuccboi" is this generations evolution of popped collar frat boy attitude with someone who wants to look like Justin Bieber.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Oh boy I guess I'll be getting and playing this

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Chard posted:

Were gas cans more useful in an older patch? It seems like every vehicle starts with a full tank and even holding down the turbo across the whole map I still had enough fuel to not worry about running out. Right now they just seem like a big mostly-useless block to hold in your inventory.

Seems like lots of cars have 1/4 or 1/2 tank when spawned. Gas isn't necessary most games, but it sure can help when you need it (out of gas far from circle).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Gas is really only an issue if you start with a low tank and then have to constantly boost to get out of gunfire. Otherwise it might as well be a non-event, either the car is going to blow up, flip, or you are going to get shot out of it.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Megasabin posted:

You know that these message boards aren't a collective entity, and actually are full of people with different opinions. So no that's not a contradiction, , yes, it makes sense that different people say different things.

:ssh: The point is these things go hand in hand to balance the game, and there's actually lots of soft cover. Even nearly flat fields have enough variations to break sight lines most of the time, which is either intentional or an amazing stroke of luck. Most of the fields also have the best cover in the game, a 3 foot tall bush.

It's not that the game doesn't need more terrain balance work, but the soul of the game is way more throwing grenades to flush the other guy hiding in a field than it is 1km+ sniping.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

This.

A 'fuckboi' is the type of popped-collar frat boy who's only interest is sex and partying. Well, in the UK at least.

I barely hear people use it outside of the internet though.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I don't know whats worse. Asking for more definition on the word fucciboi, saying it unironically, or saying it ironically.

Answer: All of them are the worst.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Lol if u don't call tangos dropping in with your squad fuccbois just lol

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Nah, they are 'haters'

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

We refer to them as "Spicey Boys" Clearly much better.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Maw posted:

Never not let this person drive your vehicle.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

taqueso posted:

Nah, they are 'haters'

How widely used is this? I mean, that's usually what I call them, but has it caught on?

PS. How the hell did this thread turn into a conversation about the term fuckboy?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Trump's America

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It seems that people use it as a term like calling someone a twink. Basically a skinny kid you pay to gently caress.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I'm too old and established to be a fuckboy. Maybe a fuckman.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

How widely used is this? I mean, that's usually what I call them, but has it caught on?

Who knows, I picked it up from goon player Ahnold or however you spell it.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

jonathan posted:

It seems that people use it as a term like calling someone a twink. Basically a skinny kid you pay to gently caress.

please define more words you hear those drat kids using on the web

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
if you see some dipshit at the club wearing a button down shirt buttoned all the way up and one of those horrific square hats following around several different groups of girls in succession you've found yourself a fuckboy.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Square hats are a thing? I guess I need to go to the club more.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jonathan posted:

Lmaoooo no dude there is nothing homophobic or even anything related to homosexual about it

It's like calling someone a chav except it's not 2005

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Maw posted:

Welcome. As you can see from the posts after yours, you'll fit in nicely.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PUBG: FUCCBOIS ONLY

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Carebearz posted:

I think "fuccboi" is this generations evolution of popped collar frat boy attitude with someone who wants to look like Justin Bieber.

Fuckboy is what woke people say instead of human being. Its got the same strong f sound and is used in exactly the same way

Not a slur is preferable to a slur but when theyre used in the exact same context and in the exact same way is it really that different?

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 1, 2017

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

PUBG: FUCCBOIS ONLY

Succinct yet also descriptive; I endorse this thread title.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

PUBG: 17 hot singles landing in your area

this game is much more fun if you stop actively avoiding fights and start contesting the best position immediately when the new circle outline is established. also, having a bridge barricade with 5+ cars on one of the bridges along the military island is real cool now that they added cover on the bridge. blowing up 4 people in a vehicle feels good.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I love fuccboi the same way I love bushwookie: intensely

They aren't too bad as words go, but they sound like a curse word that sucks the air out of the room and it's good.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

games.txt

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I just was able to falcon punch 2 people to death with single headshot blows in back to back solo games.

lmao

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
why is joshog more popular than sacriel i watched like 5 mins and couldn't stand his whining

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
also i commented on pyrion flax using a double barrel shotgun with no choke to hit someone across the road when he had a m16 secondary and he threw a fit about backseat driving for like 15 mins on stream afterwards lmao

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Shotguns seem to be the only decent way to shoot out of cars and actually have a chance of offing somebody.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Lady Galaga posted:

also i commented on pyrion flax using a double barrel shotgun with no choke to hit someone across the road when he had a m16 secondary and he threw a fit about backseat driving for like 15 mins on stream afterwards lmao

Pyrion is a little baby who cannot stop complaining and whining. I have no idea how people can enjoy watching this manchild play videogames. A couple of people have 'recommended' him to me and I couldn't stand more than a couple of minutes of his faux boss attitude. I am not surprised in the least that he threw his toys out of the pram at 'backseat gaming'. What a babbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Lady Galaga posted:

why is joshog more popular than sacriel i watched like 5 mins and couldn't stand his whining

He also ran that CSGO Lotto site and endorsed it/used it on his streams without disclosing it. Yay childhood gambling!

• Locked thread