Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

To be fair they are re-working Morales next, no idea if they are changing how the beam works or not though.

Ugh, really? I hope all they're doing is baking Caduceus 2.0 into her trait somehow, because she's completely fine the way she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I come from the future with the Morales rework patch notes:

Lt. Morales

Caduceus Reactor 2.0
- Removed

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
In HotS, nothing is ever fine the way it is according to all the patch notes I've seen from Blizzard.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

AttackBacon posted:

Why no one has executed a proper PvE mode in these games is an absolute mystery to me and I suspect it would be wildly popular. The few data points I have seen in LoL and HotS have the vsAi game modes being extremely populated, even if you adjust for leveling bots.

It'd be hugely popular, but probably doesn't happen for the same reason Hearthstone gets very little PVE content. Players chew through PVE content fast, while PVP content remains replayable much longer, especially in a F2P model game.

That said I'm having a blast smashing AI bots learning what all the pretty buttons do. Played with a man on rollerskates shooting a fart gun today. It was magical.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ToastyPotato posted:

In HotS, nothing is ever fine the way it is according to all the patch notes I've seen from Blizzard.

That's every Blizzard game really. WoW is different every expansion

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

Ugh, really? I hope all they're doing is baking Caduceus 2.0 into her trait somehow, because she's completely fine the way she is.

The grenade passthrough change was great, but she is still pretty non interactive to play. Can't imagine how they would address that or improve her in any way without fundamentally changing her kit, though.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Li-Ming vs. Chromie is a heck of a fight.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I'm getting better at opening crates.
Got a pirate dwarf flying a giant parrot and an orange unicorn in back to back common crates.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kai Tave posted:

Li-Ming vs. Chromie is a heck of a fight.

Mad jukes constantly, it's the best.

I'm happy with Heroes 2.0 because I got into one of these the other day and we started spinning in circles and dropping sprays and voice lines at each other in a mutual moment of silliness over the payload while the rest of our teams were loving about on the other payload.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

The grenade passthrough change was great, but she is still pretty non interactive to play. Can't imagine how they would address that or improve her in any way without fundamentally changing her kit, though.

She's not, though, because you're constantly moving your heal beam from teammate to teammate and dropping Safeguards on people.

I mean it's not super complex but she's a support.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I know there's not much HGC posting/interest in here, but they announced that they are finally changing one of the biggest issues with the league: all games will now be played on the current live patch

Much better considering they were playing on two major patches ago still

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Yo so why is the Betrayer Illidan skin not named something like Shado-Pan Illidan or something. Cause that skin's warglaives totally have panda faces on them, and the pants are clearly based on the Pandaren art style. Meanwhile the description is just "Free after ten thousand years, Illidan would sacrifice everything in order to defeat the Burning Legion, prove himself superior to Malfurion, and redeem himself in the eyes of Tyrande." Like uh you really don't want to even briefly talk about the panda faces on your warglaives my dude

edit: On the other hand I love that Lunara, Tyrande, Malfurion AND Illidan all have a skin where it's an alternate reality where Malfurion is the one who betrayed everyone, not Illidan.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 1, 2017

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

Midnightghoul posted:

I know there's not much HGC posting/interest in here, but they announced that they are finally changing one of the biggest issues with the league: all games will now be played on the current live patch

Much better considering they were playing on two major patches ago still

Good, that poo poo was weird

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there some way to change default loadout settings? There's 65 characters, and even if I need to pick individual skins, I'd like better defaults than that basic horse and announcer.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

Macaluso posted:

Yo so why is the Betrayer Illidan skin not named something like Shado-Pan Illidan or something. Cause that skin's warglaives totally have panda faces on them, and the pants are clearly based on the Pandaren art style. Meanwhile the description is just "Free after ten thousand years, Illidan would sacrifice everything in order to defeat the Burning Legion, prove himself superior to Malfurion, and redeem himself in the eyes of Tyrande." Like uh you really don't want to even briefly talk about the panda faces on your warglaives my dude

edit: On the other hand I love that Lunara, Tyrande, Malfurion AND Illidan all have a skin where it's an alternate reality where Malfurion is the one who betrayed everyone, not Illidan.

He's always had them

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Macaluso posted:

I believe it's based on his Warcraft 3 skin. Where he was called the Betrayer.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Well actually it used to be a swastika but then the PC police made them change it, hence the panda face.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Well what the heck!! Is there some actual backstroy about why his glaives had panda faces on them??

Also browsing through these skins, I can't believe how many of them have backstories attached to each other. Even Gazlowe and Sonya have a connection in one of their skins. Is there a list of these somewhere that shows which ones are all connected? There seems to be some super hero ones, and Gazlowe and Greymane both have circus ones for instance

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Warden Tyrande, Betrayer Malfurion, Shan'do Illidan and Sentinel Lunara are all part of the same timeline I believe.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Some of the non-crossover skins are alright, but I still wish there were franchise crossover skins for every hero. They've generally been good, though I think Novazon's ults still don't fit the theme.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Macaluso posted:

Well what the heck!! Is there some actual backstroy about why his glaives had panda faces on them??

Also browsing through these skins, I can't believe how many of them have backstories attached to each other. Even Gazlowe and Sonya have a connection in one of their skins. Is there a list of these somewhere that shows which ones are all connected? There seems to be some super hero ones, and Gazlowe and Greymane both have circus ones for instance

In War3 the model was low-poly and tiny, so the panda faces were just an easily missable Samwise easter egg, I think. Now 15 years later or whatever on a high def recreation of that model they're very noticable and sort of odd. As far as I know there's no actual lore about them, and I don't believe the Warglaives of Azzinoth have them in WoW.

I also like some of the skin backstories and lore. A personal favorite of mine is the alternate Azeroth implied by Warmaster Chen and Shadowpaw Li Li where the forces of Lei Shen go head to head against Azshara and the night elves for the Well of Eternity.

It would have been a more interesting alt-history than Warlords of Draenor turned out to be.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Is there a list of these somewhere that shows which ones are all connected?

http://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Hero_skin_themes

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The alternate universe where Murky is the main protagonist of Starcraft 2 instead of Jim Raynor is vastly more interesting imo.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

There needs to be a superhero Murky skin where he's Super Sonya's comedy relief sidekick.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"The Warmasters serve as the unbreakable front line of Lei Shen's Grand Army. Once the Kaldorei are broken before him, the Well of Eternity will belong to the Thunder King forever."

GIVE US LEI SHEN GOD DAMMIT.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
The best skin in the entire game is the Sonya one that turns her into Cable from X-Men

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There are already too many pandas.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Stealth should only be temporary and when you destealth you shout "Here I am!" With an accompanying flash of light and map ping.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

bagrada posted:

Stealth should only be temporary and when you destealth you shout "Here I am!"

I don't think they're ready to add Sombra into the game yet.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This owns

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

chumbler posted:

There are already too many pandas.

Panda?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

The best skin in the entire game is the Sonya one that turns her into Cable from X-Men

It's half Cable, half Spiral, and it owns.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Manahura is so loving bad.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So wait I'm confused, me and my friends are basically not gonna be available to play with each other for this coming week. Will we just totally miss out on the second part of the Overwatch HOTS event or can we do the second week stuff during the third week?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

e. nevermind, I was misinformed apparently

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Macaluso posted:

So wait I'm confused, me and my friends are basically not gonna be available to play with each other for this coming week. Will we just totally miss out on the second part of the Overwatch HOTS event or can we do the second week stuff during the third week?

As far as I can tell it's not really divided up by week, it's like on the second week that's when the challenge itself unlocks but as long as you play the requisite number of games before the entire event is over you can get all the stuff any time between now and then. Think of it like a questlog.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Mogu?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Macaluso posted:

You can do it during week 3, but you can't do the week 3 quest until you finish the week 2 one. It's like Hearthstone's gated expansions that released a new wing every week.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Does that mean each week will have different objectives? That would be cool, if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Does that mean each week will have different objectives? That would be cool, if so.

Nah, it's the same each week - play 5 games with people on your friend list. The only difference is that weeks 2-4, you can't get credit for it from vs. AI games. Gotta do QM, Unranked or Team League.