Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

I never know how to take nth-dimension sci fi-acceleration story elements like this. Over the course of one comic, the vast majority of Pasqy's life experience is now being Space Superman. Real Ally (and the rest of the entire cast) was now his friend for a brief blip of his existence, which is now dominated by fetch quests?

This is not to say this update isn't awesome cause it made me laugh out loud several times. And of course the ending can go into crazy blow-your-mind directions from here. But just for the purposes of discussion...I'm a little sad how this alters the emotional arc of everything up to this point. :smith:

(ALSO it's not over yet and anything can happen still :unsmith: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grogquock
May 2, 2009
So consequences if someone else touches god's dick in life? ... I mean I assume he already has sometime in 150 years ...

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/853990380886413314

Only three left. :smith:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

:ohdear:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I'll be sad to see it go, but I also trust Gob to guide this in for a smooth landing :unsmith:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm looking forward to It Hurts R.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

calling it 3 strips of Pasqualo jerking off to a bad drawing of Sailor Moon in the void of space

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
He touch that dick and spawns a new universe

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

Same with It Hurts S.

It Hurts Super S not so much...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
When's It Hurts Budokai Tenkaichi? I gotta buy a Switch for some game...

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Discendo Vox posted:

Next time, on It Hurts Z:

50 panels of Pasq charging up for an energy bomb. Don't miss it!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Next time, on It Hurts Z:

50 panels of Pasq charging up for an energy bomb. Don't miss it!

It will get pointed out that Pasq doesn't even need to charge up the attack but he angrily insists on using all 50 panels.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
There is absolutely no mention of Trisssh until the very end, where she and Launch share one panel offering their energy for Pasq's spirit bomb.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh, also, Gob, I meant to ask you this: Did you have the entire storyline planned out when you wrote Katie's really early dialogue (that ended up all being references to actual things happening) or did you have to figure out how to fit something in so that everything she said came up?

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh, also, Gob, I meant to ask you this: Did you have the entire storyline planned out when you wrote Katie's really early dialogue (that ended up all being references to actual things happening) or did you have to figure out how to fit something in so that everything she said came up?

Me and my buddy Josef chatted about ideas for IT HURTS for about 2 years before I started actually drawing it. We had a basic outline for the story and for the most part we stuck to it. As for Katie's early "paranoid rambles," we both kinda laughed at the idea of EVERYTHING she's saying being true. Like, she talked about a bunch of different apocalypses and we just giggled our silly asses off while coming up with ways to implement them. "Space Rhinos" was just something stupid that I came up with on the spot while typing crap into her bubble, but me and Josef both wanted that to be something BIG. There were some things that Katie said that I just wasn't interested in drawing, so I eventually shoehornedly sweeped them away (the US government), or ignored them.

So to answer your question, yeah we sorta fit in Katie's prophecies after she said them. But in my opinion that worked out because it was so early on. In a way, it kinda helped us write the story too!

There's a lot of little imporovy moments in IH. I think about 95% of the dialogue is improvised as I'm typing it.

I will probably share more "making of" stuff when I'm done the series.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Well, that was a satisfying payoff. Is this the only time Pasqualo has ever intentionally directly killed someone (or in this case, billions I suppose)?

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
That was amazing, holy poo poo.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Well, flying for 3000 years would probably make anyone a bit cranky.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Leroy Dennui posted:

Well, that was a satisfying payoff. Is this the only time Pasqualo has ever intentionally directly killed someone (or in this case, billions I suppose)?

In the spirit of this comic: I'm sure the guy's jerked off a ton, that's untold trillions of unborn children he's murdered in the cold void of space.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Oh my God, that punchline is incredible.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Cabbit posted:

In the spirit of this comic: I'm sure the guy's jerked off a ton, that's untold trillions of unborn children he's murdered in the cold void of space.

Panspermia, indeed.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
This might be my favourite panel of any comic ever

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin
Is he just more powerful because of gaining experience over time, or does his right hand specifically have God powers now due to prolonged, recurrent, direct contact with a piece of the divine?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

RolandTower posted:

Is he just more powerful because of gaining experience over time, or does his right hand specifically have God powers now due to prolonged, recurrent, direct contact with a piece of the divine?

You stop doing it that often the older you get so who knows when was the last time he came into contact with his divinity

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

You stop doing it that often the older you get so who knows when was the last time he came into contact with his divinity

Based on today's pages I'd say pretty recently.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Calaveron posted:

I doubt it, ask anyone who works at a convalescent home and they'll tell you that old people love to masturbate and gently caress. It's actually a big problem because STDs run rampant.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

truly pasqualo has become a vengeful God

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Android Blues posted:

Oh my God, that punchline is incredible.
Now that's evil!

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Somewhere, I have a ~20 year old CD single of Tubthumping for some reason. It includes a remix called "The Butthumping Mix." In my head canon, he's stuck listening to a 64 kbps version of that lovely b-side remix. If I could find it on YouTube, I'd post it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So...the lesson he learned was...

Make bad people fart out their organs?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Gotta admit that sometimes you want to take a poo poo that feels like your whole body's coming out of there

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Somewhere, I have a ~20 year old CD single of Tubthumping for some reason. It includes a remix called "The Butthumping Mix." In my head canon, he's stuck listening to a 64 kbps version of that lovely b-side remix. If I could find it on YouTube, I'd post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZ2_THW9fs

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

That's it! Thank you.

edit: just as terrible as I remembered.

egon_beeblebrox fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 2, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

egon_beeblebrox posted:

That's it! Thank you.

Don't thank me, that song is real bad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Tubthumping is a great song and I'll hear no slander directed towards it. :colbert:

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

RolandTower posted:

Maybe a little bit of both. That said, when he first gets resurrected, he gets the "god" aura around his flight trial as soon as he starts moving. I take this to mean that either A) The god powers at least partially come from the way he was resurrected, and/or B) Simply having the dick gives him some powers, rather than just jackin' it.

PS: I can't believe that's an actual sentence I wrote about a story I'm actually invested in.

Edit: It's also worth noting that the fact he was able to destroy the rhinos so easily means that he's now SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than Aurora.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Like God said, it's like Dragonball. There's a whole galatic pantheon, but most of them are weaker than the average member of a race of rowdy fightmonkies, who are several orders of magnitude less powerful than a family of evil real estate developers, who is less powerful than some androids some guy made. There's a Supreme Kai above them all, but then Frieza and the surviving fightmonkies surpass him in a few months of intense training.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
I can't get over that panel of the Rhino activating the MP3 player with his tongue. The expression is just a hilarious mix of "I'm not gonna be angry at my homeworld being blown up", "This is my life now" and "gently caress it, I'll just see what this does".

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Dr Christmas posted:

Like God said, it's like Dragonball. There's a whole galatic pantheon, but most of them are weaker than the average member of a race of rowdy fightmonkies, who are several orders of magnitude less powerful than a family of evil real estate developers, who is less powerful than some androids some guy made. There's a Supreme Kai above them all, but then Frieza and the surviving fightmonkies surpass him in a few months of intense training.

It's actually not that far from the chinese mythology dragonball was loosely based on. Sun Wu Kong was a rowdy fightmonkey who trained with some monk then clowned all the gods by himself. The only reason he couldn't beat the buddha is because the buddha has hacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pavlov posted:

It's actually not that far from the chinese mythology dragonball was loosely based on. Sun Wu Kong was a rowdy fightmonkey who trained with some monk then clowned all the gods by himself. The only reason he couldn't beat the buddha is because the buddha has hacks.

Well, that and because it was a Buddhist work of fiction that was all about portraying Taoist and their pantheon as incompetent and/or evil.

More JTTW-inspired stories really need a Guanyin, though. She owned.

• Locked thread