Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

remusclaw posted:

That is pretty cool to see. I wish I liked his finish though, something about that particular version of the unprettier just doesn't do it for me.

I've never liked that move and his version is particularly over-exaggerated with the leap he adds. Asterisk for when Naito sells it like the champ he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

When did EVIL start using a laser pointer during his entrance

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

like a month after he returned from excursion and joined naito i think

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

I feel cheated whenever EVIL doesn't use the lasers.

https://www.njpw1972.com doesn't translate every promo but they do have some promos up there and most of the news stories are fun reads.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

How bad is the Fukuoka crowd? If the crowd is actually hot I can see Okada getting 4 stars out of Fale what with them pushing him cracking under the weight of so many tough matches. If it's like the crowd for this pasty show though...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

How bad is the Fukuoka crowd? If the crowd is actually hot I can see Okada getting 4 stars out of Fale what with them pushing him cracking under the weight of so many tough matches. If it's like the crowd for this pasty show though...

Fukuoka crowds are weird, you'd think they'd be more amped because it's the one massive show for the year, but they're regularly dead, because...they get one massive show a year and no real tours.

It might be better now that NJPW's profile is higher, and a good shows gonna be a good show, but yeah.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The never trios titles should be defended in every show including throw away mid tour house shows.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

The never trios titles should be defended in every show including throw away mid tour house shows.

Tanahashi would be a 20 time champion by the end of the year.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What did Fale do to earn this title shot?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

murdered okada after okada murdered shibata, also he got the pin in a tag match earlier on that show, i guess

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also was the runner up in the tournament Shibata won to be contender

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's kinda of funny how strongly Fale has been built up compared to Jinder's title shot. I mean both are not the best ideas but Fale at least makes booking sense with the New Japan Cup finish and all his tags since than

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Also was the runner up in the tournament Shibata won to be contender

oh right thats the real one i think

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's kinda of funny how strongly Fale has been built up compared to Jinder's title shot. I mean both are not the best ideas but Fale at least makes booking sense with the New Japan Cup finish and all his tags since than

Plus people buy him as a credible threat because he's always been one. Jinder's spent a LOT of time on his back.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Now that Shibata is out of the picture (rip), I want Ishii to turn full on heel and murder Okada for the title.

Or join Suzuki-gun

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

super macho dude posted:

Now that Shibata is out of the picture (rip), I want Ishii to turn full on heel and murder Okada for the title.

Or join Suzuki-gun

An Ishii/Suzuki tag team would rule.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Fale also has the most number of wins over Okada out of anyone on the roster. He's always credible when they put him in this slot.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

Fale also has the most number of wins over Okada out of anyone on the roster. He's always credible when they put him in this slot.

Sorta reminds me of how them continually feeding Meng to Goldberg.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

super macho dude posted:

Or join Suzuki-gun

Ishii turning on Okada would be good but you have to think the hottest turn New Japan could do would be to have an Ingobernables who isn't Bushi turn on Naito

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

There's really no one who would work better for this title shot than Fale.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Ishii turning on Okada would be good but you have to think the hottest turn New Japan could do would be to have an Ingobernables who isn't Bushi turn on Naito

Please don't make EVIL GOOD

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

MassRafTer posted:

There's really no one who would work better for this title shot than Fale.

yeah he's the perfect placeholder challenger. big enough and protected enough to always be a threat, not a good enough worker or over enough that you're losing anything by having him lose the big matches every time.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ricochet is the best junior walking the earth and I can't wait for BOSJ.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Fale = Kane, basically.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Fale = Kane, basically.

Kane got title runs

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Kane got title runs

Fale beat Nakamura for the IC Title. :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'll say this for Fale, he was perfectly placed a couple of years back as the guy who represented Okada's loss of confidence following his loss to Tanahashi as Wrestle Kingdom 9. That lead to a pretty great (storywise) match where Okada had slowly built his confidence back up and absolutely obliterated Fale in their match, including hitting him with the piledriver!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Savage

https://twitter.com/newjapaneng/status/858858425803042816

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I haven't heard one person compare Fale to Jinder. But I have heard Juice Robinson being used as the comparison, which is slightly less ludicrous but still wrong.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fale could beat up Jinder. And if Fale can't gently caress him up, he's got a posse of overly caffeinated tongans down the road that'll finish the job.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I always thought of Fale as the NJPW version of Big Show with a better workrate.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

coconono posted:

Fale could beat up Jinder. And if Fale can't gently caress him up, he's got a posse of overly caffeinated tongans down the road that'll finish the job.

He's got an entire dojo of young lions he can throw at the problem.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Fale and GoD would wipe the floor with Jinder and the Bollywood Boys

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

GOD and their swear based offence would hurt the bollywood boys poor sensitive ears.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bullet Club C-team would destroy the Bollywood Boyz

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I forgot that NJPW stuff was in Tekken 7 and that I can have my boy Akuma wear a Bullet Club shirt and wreck fools has me crowbarring open my wallet and throwing stacks everywhere.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

More Tickets!

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/859226266083278850

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Forceholy posted:

I always thought of Fale as the NJPW version of Big Show with a better workrate.

taking the average of their respective careers I'd easily take Show over Fale I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Spermgod posted:

taking the average of their respective careers I'd easily take Show over Fale I think

Big Show Vapes
Fale smokes Cigars.

Use this as your decider. Whatever your prefences

• Locked thread