Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ultimate Mango posted:

I'd bet on special tires. Like how you needed snow tires for Blizzard Mountain, you will need "Hot Wheels TM Stunt" tires for that expansion island.

And the island is just going to be shoddily put together retread assets from the main game and totally broken orange tracks.

You seem fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I don't really believe in tuning calculators, but this one seems really well thought out and actually helpful in trying to solve over / understeer issues. It reminds me of the F4 excel calculator. It doesn't get into gear ratios or differentials unfortunately. YMMV.

http://www.dltuning.co.uk/fm6-tuneityourself

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I'm still playing Motorsport 6 myself. Almost a month to go until the Motorsport 7 reveal (E3 2017), this is the only game at E3 I care about.
90% of my XBox game time has been Forza and I'll probably end up getting a Scorpio for 7 if I don't just play it on Windows. To stop me from buying it Turn10 would have to take out most of the tracks or something equally stupid.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

I'm still playing Motorsport 6 myself. Almost a month to go until the Motorsport 7 reveal (E3 2017), this is the only game at E3 I care about.

Xbox one username? I dont play horizon and am always looking for motorsport 6 races.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
what are the chances of them releasing a pc version within a year of the consoles?

i don't wanna wait like rockstar makes you when a gta comes out, we need a real forza on pc already!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It will be out on the same day

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah Horizon 3 was out same day as the Xbox version, I'd assume Motorsport 7 would be the same.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

Xbox one username? I dont play horizon and am always looking for motorsport 6 races.

There's a google sheet in the OP

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Norns posted:

It will be out on the same day

njsykora posted:

Yeah Horizon 3 was out same day as the Xbox version, I'd assume Motorsport 7 would be the same.

:bisonyes:

aimless drifting is fun but i feel like the game is lacking when it comes to actual pvp races

i haven't played since Forza 2 so I'm actually excited

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I can't wait to drop 100 bucks so I can play the game a weekend early again.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
So, I had let this series pass me for almost a decade after motorsport 2/3, is Horizon basically where all the cooler stuff from those went while the main motorsport became even more like Gran Turismo?

Bought an xbone on black friday last year to play Horizon 3 and ended up loving it, and just recently grabbed the gold marketplace bundle with FM6 and Horizon 2 at a huge discount and bought a used copy of Horizon 1. Was hoping to get more Forza Hub score out of H1 but I guess when the online components are permanently disabled, you can't really get full value off of them anymore. At least knowing this I won't be tempted to track down the older motorsport games and waste weeks trying to complete them.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I can't wait to drop 100 bucks so I can spend half the weekend filing bug reports.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

horizon aint my thing

Sebastien Lenorman fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 1, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

horizon aint my thing

Not enough Reliant Supervan.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

horizon aint my thing

is that 7?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

if it is, howdy's got some 'splaining to do.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Apex?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

I am pretty sure it's just photo mode of a replay in FM6.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

So, I had let this series pass me for almost a decade after motorsport 2/3, is Horizon basically where all the cooler stuff from those went while the main motorsport became even more like Gran Turismo?

Bought an xbone on black friday last year to play Horizon 3 and ended up loving it, and just recently grabbed the gold marketplace bundle with FM6 and Horizon 2 at a huge discount and bought a used copy of Horizon 1. Was hoping to get more Forza Hub score out of H1 but I guess when the online components are permanently disabled, you can't really get full value off of them anymore. At least knowing this I won't be tempted to track down the older motorsport games and waste weeks trying to complete them.

Most of the Motorsport games don't have a lot of online components you need to achieve for Hub score.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Nope, it's not 7. That's a picture I took of a GTCC series race I posted photos of a long time ago. That's me cutting the corner to avoid the inevitable carnage while the red Jeep goes sideways to the right. It's been awhile so I don't remember it all that well, but that's definitely from one of my picture dump/race recaps. I think that's GTCC turn one carnage on display.

I'm at the Honda dealership on my tablet, so I don't have access to the whole picture archive, otherwise I could tell you the series spec and date.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Dr. Faustus posted:

Nope, it's not 7. That's a picture I took of a GTCC series race I posted photos of a long time ago. That's me cutting the corner to avoid the inevitable carnage while the red Jeep goes sideways to the right. It's been awhile so I don't remember it all that well, but that's definitely from one of my picture dump/race recaps. I think that's GTCC turn one carnage on display.

I'm at the Honda dealership on my tablet, so I don't have access to the whole picture archive, otherwise I could tell you the series spec and date.

Real FM players don't drive Hondas, just sayin' :colbert:

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

Most of the Motorsport games don't have a lot of online components you need to achieve for Hub score.
If they can't connect online then the Forza HUB won't get updates on non-gamerscore stat categories, which severely reduces their point value per game.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the main Forza Motorsport games were always direct comparisons/improvements on/evolutions from the Gran Turismo formula, all the Horizon games have been more like the open-world Need for Speed games that came out last gen after Burnout Paradise. And directly comparing Horizon 3 to Motorsport 6, the car customization is almost completely the same, it's just dressed up very differently in Horizon.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

harperdc posted:

the main Forza Motorsport games were always direct comparisons/improvements on/evolutions from the Gran Turismo formula, all the Horizon games have been more like the open-world Need for Speed games that came out last gen after Burnout Paradise. And directly comparing Horizon 3 to Motorsport 6, the car customization is almost completely the same, it's just dressed up very differently in Horizon.
I did write that before I found where to actually modify cars in FM6. But even so I guess it's a bit of a whiplash after all these years to find there's no more auction house to get cheaper cars anymore and the entire soundtrack got replaced with generic "epic" orchestral score.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Lorini posted:

to be fair Integras are really cool imo and in forzaland those front wheel drive cars just have one more modification option to gently caress with :snoop:

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

I did write that before I found where to actually modify cars in FM6. But even so I guess it's a bit of a whiplash after all these years to find there's no more auction house to get cheaper cars anymore and the entire soundtrack got replaced with generic "epic" orchestral score.

In Race music -> Off. Engine notes and tire squeal is the FM soundtrack.

I can see why the lack of an auction house would be disappointing, but as you play the game throws credits at you. Buying cars shouldn't be a problem unless you want all the 20mil CR classic cars.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Lorini posted:

The Honda dealership in Charlotte just happens to be the best place to have your Mazda MX-5 tuned up. Get off my nutsack, bro.

(gently caress you I love my Civic.) :)

Yeah, these pics are mine. I found the original posts:

Dr. Faustus posted:

>> Crossposting from GTCC << (two posts merged together)

Okee dokee MattD1zzl3, here is your close, clean racing with SynMoo360 on lap one of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca!

Dizzle's Monte Carlo catches up with SynMoo's FIAT as they enter the corkscrew two-wide with I Pretty Panda I just feet behind them:

SynMoo pulls away on the downhill, but starts to lose the rear end through the left-hander, as it slides out behind him. He steers hard to correct:

Dizzle then hits SynMoo so hard his car clips through the FIAT (assisted by a love-tap from behind):

...giving Dizzle the lead as SynMoo spins off the track:

Having lost momentum in the crash, Panda easily passes Dizzle to take 1st, after a friendly little rub during the pass:

Unfortunately for Panda, he overcooks the corner and goes wide off into the sand, giving Dizzle back the lead, which he holds to the end of Lap One:

Pictured on the straight (front to back) are your GTCC racers: MattD1zzl3, I Pretty Panada I, DAShoe, Endbuster, BCRock, Whatcubed, SynMoo360, Sockington (red firefighter Jeep), robocratic, and dinosarus.

Stay tuned for more pictures from MRLS very soon! :suicide:

>Interlude<

That wasn't your fault. I have watched that accident twenty times all night. You were keeping a straight line. MinimaulAK went wide on corner 6 on the Rahal Straight, and as he merged back onto the track he went a little too far and accidentally rammed into your right rear quarter panel:

The impact sent his lighter car (I am assuming) careening into the right wall, hard. Nobody's fault, but that actually sucked for me because as he was coming back on again I tried to dodge left, overcompensated, and ended up careening into both walls. I was bummed at first but the damage was, miraculously, minor.

Ok. I present 9-30-2015 - GTCC D400 Spec @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Your starting lineup (I'm going to forgo bolding everyone's GT and keep it informal. I've been at this for hours):

^^^^^^^
On the left, front to rear: HerrJetSet, GutBomb, robocratic, Sockington, BCRock, AndrewCoja, Whatcubed, and llama slay3r.
On the right, front to rear: SynMoo, I Pretty Panda I, Endbuster, MattD1zzl3, dinosarus, Caeg, DAShoe, MinimaulAK, and yours truly, Captain Howdy

The start and Turn One had some unfortunate accidents. Much of it took place right after this picture:

The race is underway and the field begins to spread out in places. Front-to-back this pic shows Sockington, DAShoe, BCRock, Whatcubed, HerrJetSet (I think) and MinimaulAK:

A bit later, front-to-back: Whatcubed, MinimaulAK, dinosarus, robocratic, Captain Howdy, GutBomb and HerrJetSet nearly three-wide, Caeg, AndrewCoja, and llama slay3r

DAShoe and Endbuster together, followed by Sockington:

Captain Howdy just before my appointment with both walls, followed by Caeg, llama slay3r, and AndrewCoja:

llama slay3r and AndrewCoja performing synchronized drifting:

GutBomb gets by as MinimaulAK tries to rejoin the race:

robocratic and dinosarus enter the corkscrew:

Front-to-back: Mattdizzle, DAShoe, Panda, BCRock (who is steadily working his way to the front), and Endbuster:

And here is BCRock in the lead and pulling away:

Whatcubed passes Panda as Panda puts his rear in the sand, with robocratic bearing down:

Your top three finishers:
1st place - BCRock:

2nd: DAShoe

3rd: Endbuster

After watching this race so many times all night, I'd like say that BCRock earned his victory in the most sportsmanlike way. On those skinny tires, I watched him lay down smokescreens avoiding rear-end collisions in very tight races. He never brake-checked or blocked anyone. He just drove his line, took his passing opportunities as they came and worked his way to the front one car at a time. I saw many instances where a nearby car got into trouble and he gave WIDE berth. It was an inspiring performance to watch. That little Mazda did seem amazingly fast, but for the most part he just performed extremely well and didn't rub anyone. Hats off to you, BCRock, I thought it was amazing to watch.

Eventually: Road Atlanta Club (unless someone else wants to do one!) :emo:
..and the rest:

Dr. Faustus posted:

Crosspost from GTCC:

Last week's 09-30-2015 Road Atlanta D400:

(Caveat: some pics will be out of order, and I don't have the finishing order. Sorry.)

Ok here's one pic of the D400 starting line on Road Atlanta:

On the left, front-to-back: Sockington, llama slay3r, MattD1zzl3, I Pretty Panda I, GutBomb303, MinimaulAK, AndrewCoja, dinosarus, and PhancyPants.
On the right, front-to-back: Tricerotophat, Endbuster, Whatcubed, DAShoe, HerrJetSet, BCRock, and somewhere back there is yours truly, Cpt. Howdy, and robocractic, and Caeg and SynMoo360.

Here are the pictures. I'm sorry, but they're not in order and some might even be AI drivers. I couldn't find a pic of the finishing orders for this week.

I'll give 9/30's Yaz a try before I do 10/07, but I didn't save the last race because I was lagging so often.

Sorry, I left out some pictures, I include them now:

And these pics I took for MattD:

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 2, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

90% of my XBox game time has been Forza and I'll probably end up getting a Scorpio for 7 if I don't just play it on Windows. To stop me from buying it Turn10 would have to take out most of the tracks or something equally stupid.

I'm waiting to see what the Scorpio actually ends up being. Otherwise I think i'll be fine with playing Forza 7 on my One S. My assumption is that the Scorpio version will have 4K HDR support at 60fps but nothing else extra. That's nothing to scoff at though but since I don't have a 4K TV it's not important to me.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

harperdc posted:

And directly comparing Horizon 3 to Motorsport 6, the car customization is almost completely the same, it's just dressed up very differently in Horizon.
Yes and no. FM6 cars are as close to their real-world counterparts as lovely generic ABS/TCS will allow. FH3 cars will do 100km/h faster top speeds than the real thing, LaFerrari's camshaft upgrade shifts the torque curve upward instead of outward, and if your posted tune isn't X AWD it ain't poo poo. I'm a platinum tuner in FM6 and in FH3 I can't even get people to look at my stuff.

FH3 has some cool body kits but you just have to accept that a lot of tunes are nonsensical, S2 cars are unwieldy unless you have 60fps on PC, and tires are incredibly overpriced. Nevermind the fact that all the speed trap leaderboards are broken thanks to infinite wheelspeed glitches.

I said come in! posted:

I'm waiting to see what the Scorpio actually ends up being. Otherwise I think i'll be fine with playing Forza 7 on my One S. My assumption is that the Scorpio version will have 4K HDR support at 60fps but nothing else extra. That's nothing to scoff at though but since I don't have a 4K TV it's not important to me.
Good call but if FM7 isn't 1080p60 on One then I'm definitely upgrading. The sad part is I have the Elite with its excellent controller and hybrid storage.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

Good call but if FM7 isn't 1080p60 on One then I'm definitely upgrading. The sad part is I have the Elite with its excellent controller and hybrid storage.

Totally, I couldn't tolerate Motorsport if it was less then that. I feel like we'll get 1080p60 though.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah maxed out hypercars in Horizon isn't really fun but yet everyone insists on doing it. Think I remember those type of cars being much more enjoyable to use in motorsport 2.

I also have to wonder how the Horizon festival keeps going. Buncha hipsters in expensive cars roll up to your state/province, cause endless road accidents and property damage, with hints of trespassing and possible theft. (Someone used to own those barn find cars, you know.)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Fyre Festival proves such an event is impossible to pull off in the real world. I feel like Horizon 4 is going to have to reinvent itself in light of this.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

actually i want forza horizon 4 to be the horizon equivalent of fyre festival. just go real meta with it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Make the entire game running over social media influencers and I will pre-order.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

Make the entire game running over social media influencers and I will pre-order.
But we already have enough driving games set in California.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah maxed out hypercars in Horizon isn't really fun but yet everyone insists on doing it. Think I remember those type of cars being much more enjoyable to use in motorsport 2.

I also have to wonder how the Horizon festival keeps going. Buncha hipsters in expensive cars roll up to your state/province, cause endless road accidents and property damage, with hints of trespassing and possible theft. (Someone used to own those barn find cars, you know.)

Treating the locals like poo poo and destroying the area is pretty much what makes a modern music festival. Horizon pretty much exists in the form of "Gridlife". But you see a lot more E30/Miata bros and track day spergs than trust fund douches in supercars.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

The way I see it is that the Horizon festival is simply eternal. It just never ends. And nobody ever dies even if they hit a house at 400 km/h. And everyone just races around and owns hundreds of rare and expensive cars.

It's sort of like another place where there was endless battle and endless feasting. Where there was battle during the day, and where the fallen came alive again in the evening and everyone spent every night feasting in a great hall with a limitless supply of mead and bacon.

So I think the Horizon festival takes place in the afterlife. It is the car Valhalla. It is where dead racers go to party and race for all eternity.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Tempted to grab the $10 FM5 on Gold deals this week, even though I already have a huge backlog of Forza to play through already, with each game (besides Horizon 1 I'm guessing) probably requiring least like ~2 weeks a piece, with another 2-3 days worth of content (If Blizzard Mountain was any indicator) coming to H3 next week.

Also oddly enough, Horizon 1's online backend still seems to be functional so Forza hub still gets actual updates from it, even though a good chunk of H1's point value is tied up in content that is no longer obtainable or general "tokens/car packs purchased" wankery.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There's not really any reason to get FM5. FM6 has everything FM5 has plus a poo poo ton more tracks and cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

There's not really any reason to get FM5. FM6 has everything FM5 has plus a poo poo ton more tracks and cars.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, FM5 would offer practically nothing different, guess it's more of a question is how willing I am to play through the more or less the same game twice for series specific achievement points in an attempt to "catch up" on all the years of the series I've missed. Guess I'll just grab FH2 Storm Island for $5 instead, also on sale this week.

And I think all I would even get out of it is maybe an extra free car in the next game that you could just buy normally. Think the weekly credits payout is already as high as it will go anyways.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 4, 2017

• Locked thread