Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I bet Nico is a pretty good cook and Lewis can't boil water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Cast Iron pans, gas stoves

Are you loving stupid? Are you the Lance Stroll of posting? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

....what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Are you literally thicker than a cast iron pan so you look down on them as some sort of superiority complex? Did you have relatives that you lost in the holocaust and you trigger on the word 'gas'?

Jesus gently caress, first I gotta apologize for Lance Stroll and now I gotta apologize for this gently caress, too. Get the gently caress out of Canada, bud.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Just gonna eat pizza for every race and vary the toppings.
This is much more authentically what the whole world eats.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

McGuinty posted:

For Monaco, is there anything other than barbaguian that could be considered a Monégasque specialty?

http://shenanchie.tripod.com/FoodFare/monaco.htm

There's that handy Tripod hosted Monaco recipes apparently. I'll pick something off that.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Are you loving stupid? Are you the Lance Stroll of posting? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Are you literally thicker than a cast iron pan so you look down on them as some sort of superiority complex? Did you have relatives that you lost in the holocaust and you trigger on the word 'gas'?

Jesus gently caress, first I gotta apologize for Lance Stroll and now I gotta apologize for this gently caress, too. Get the gently caress out of Canada, bud.

This is why I find this poo poo hilarious and post faux outrage over the cargo cult of good cooking.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Nice meltdown.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

This is great info to have for the 0 times in my life I plan on making cornbread.

lmbo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also the races here are pretty early so i always have cofee and cheese.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I drank some water and had tangerines during the Russian GP.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

1500quidporsche posted:

This is great info to have for the 0 times in my life I plan on making cornbread.

LOL gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

minstrels
Nov 15, 2009
I might try and drink a craft beer from each GP country... hell of a lot more fun than food.

Back to F1 though, are there any podcasts worth listening to?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

dentist toy box posted:

Cast iron is the only way to make cornbread. Sorry.

I just buy that jiffy mix and make corn muffins.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I had to google cornbread, I suspect it's going to be like that thing with twinkies where the Americans bang on an on about it and it turns out to be terrible. For the French race a big plate of chocolate eclairs that you refuse to share are a must.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I had to google cornbread, I suspect it's going to be like that thing with twinkies where the Americans bang on an on about it and it turns out to be terrible. For the French race a big plate of chocolate eclairs that you refuse to share are a must.

Cornbread is delicious.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cornbread is pretty tasty. I've only had it a few times though.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo1d2E162ZM

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

Cornbread is delicious.
It is but it is so so easy to make badly.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Gas hobs are good, induction is better but costs more. Ceramic and halogen cooktops can gently caress right off.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

learnincurve posted:

Naw cornbread is legit good food

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I had a really good GBS topic planned for tonight but the amount of anger over loving gas stoves is making me reconsider.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

I had a really good GBS topic planned for tonight but the amount of anger over loving gas stoves is making me reconsider.

Do it you human being. The butt hurt is good.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Do it you human being. The butt hurt is good.

The problem is I think my other topic has the potential to do better, especially because if Wirth sees it he's going to go into a three mile island melt down.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Cornbread is amazing, and needs to be made properly. Filthy Euro bakers think it's literally bread with corn in it.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

The problem is I think my other topic has the potential to do better, especially because if Wirth sees it he's going to go into a three mile island melt down.

Please do this.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think you may be underestimating the British ability to import exotic goods and use them in puddings. semolina, tapioca and ground rice are all staples of British cooking.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
The only thing more hilarious than cuisine tribalism is white people cooking Asian food. I can't wait until the last leg of the season.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I spent half my life living in Asian countries :shrug:

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Theophany posted:

The only thing more hilarious than cuisine tribalism is white people cooking Asian food. I can't wait until the last leg of the season.

I did the 'cook the national dish of each country/region where the race takes place' 4 - 3 years ago. It was a lot of fun to do with my girlfriend.
I think I mentioned it on the forums, but got ignored. Didn't care, it was fun.
But now... what the gently caress is going on? People raging over food and gas stoves and what not, jesus, calm the gently caress down guys.

Shouldn't you all be raging over aero restrictions or something equally soul destroying?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Would it upset you guys to know I do our BBQs on a huge Kadai fire bowl?

Edit: would it also bother you guys to know that my oven is.... wait for it.....

....duel fuel electric and gas?

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 1, 2017

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I guess this has become the wurst thread

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

You Am I posted:

I guess this has become the wurst thread

I made this joke like three years ago

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

F1 2017: "ablueblueblueblueBLUECHEESE!"

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So there was this post

1500quidporsche posted:

Cast Iron pans, gas stoves and sous vide is the holy trinity of overhyped hipster cooking trends.

I was just sitting in my chair in disbelief. Then I got ready to unleash a loving titanic Tony post on this bullshit, smiling to myself because this is exactly the type of shut-in computer nerd poo poo I love exposing.

Then Wirth posted this:

Wirth1000 posted:

That's good. That's got the right amount of vitriol. There is no real need for me to lose my poo poo and start yelling now.

1500 you are a karter and actually an ok guy so you're about to experience pleasant Tony.
Cast iron pans are heavy, which means they distribute the heat better. They don't get 'hotspots' like a thin pan where a part of the pan can get hotter than the rest and burn or cook your food unevenly. Cast iron pans can go straight into the oven too, so you can seal a steak and finish it in the oven.. which is one way to cook great steaks and a pile of other dishes. Gas ranges are all about control, because you control the flame you instantly control the heat. Electric and halogen to a lesser extent retain heat and have lag times between you turning the dial it cooling down (or heating up). Gas is instant, which is useful for things like scrambled eggs where controlling the heat enables a far better result.

The thread is better than I ever knew it to be, now when there is some insane ignorance usually from somewhere in North America, there is an international crew of posters to tell them to quit it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I bet Nico is a pretty good cook and Lewis can't boil water.

Without a question. Hence Nico is married with an attractive wife and has sex when he feels like it and Lewis is lonelier than anything. Europeans (mainlanders, not the English so much) appreciate food and it's place in life like few others.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I hope somebody beats you to death with a cast iron pan.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Jury I would like to enter into evidence exhibit A: Tony Montana's post regarding cast iron pans I think.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
FURTHERMORE, I would like to bring the attention of the jury the strognaff cooked by Wirth. While tasty, I believe it all had to be broken down a lot more and needed a good 8 hours in a slow cooker after what I saw. A fine effort, and I would probably just want to eat at that stage too, but to get the really stewy tasty texture I think it needed a good ole boil for a billion years to break the meat down

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I hate to distract from the pertinent topic of cooking but I learned an interesting thing about F1 today which is that Nigel Mansell only won one WDC in F1 which is one less than I had thought he won. What a loser.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

What other year did you think he won?

Also I made a topic in GBS so you fucklords can go cry in there about gas stovetops.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

I hate to distract from the pertinent topic of cooking but I learned an interesting thing about F1 today which is that Nigel Mansell only won one WDC in F1 which is one less than I had thought he won. What a loser.

But he had the honour of being the only man ever to be F1 WDC and IndyCart WDC at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm never going to GBS. I am not a GBS poster. I thought that would be pretty clear

It's not just one WDC, it's the one where he had the active suspension car and everyone else didn't. Senna came to Williams hoping he was going to get some of that sweet tech and the banned it when he got there lol. But watch the 93 season review of Mansell's IndyCar season and you'll see he's pretty cool and also very fast.

Damon Hill is a one hit wonder too. Brundle never won a drat thing. Herbet has 3 wins for 11 years in F1. James Hunt? lol, he was barefoot and broke soon after the 76 fluke (which he won because Niki didn't drive).

• Locked thread