Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I liked the fight between Kara and Maggie.

Lena would probably disagree with your assessment of Kara Rhea

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This guy is an effective scumbag.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Nice use of that flashback

Hey jerkface, Kara's whole planet blew up from underneath her, she trumps your pedestrian childhood abuse.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
drat Mon-El's mom is bad at this

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm guessing that's J'onn

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I'm a little behind the live broadcast but Maggie laying down some truth was exactly what her and Alex needed in terms of watchability. It's not some pointless argument for the sake of drama but a natural point that feels like it'd come up in their relationship.

Edit: I guess extra-judicial mind wipes are cool now, we'll be sending aliens to the Pipeline any day now.

J33uk fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 2, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maggie was totally right. also 17 hour hostage situation c'mon Kara were you asleep or what?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Maggie was totally right. also 17 hour hostage situation c'mon Kara were you asleep or what?

She was busy explaining to Barry how his power works. That takes time!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gertrude.

Alex and Maggie are gonna name their first puppy together as a couple "Gertrude"

I think that is adorable.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It did bum me out that Maggie was the one who was going to cave into Rick's demands. The entire episode was positioning Maggie as the clever one who could solve the riddle...and then Kara went as was the big drat hero, narrative arc be damned.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

J33uk posted:

I'm a little behind the live broadcast but Maggie laying down some truth was exactly what her and Alex needed in terms of watchability. It's not some pointless argument for the sake of drama but a natural point that feels like it'd come up in their relationship.

Edit: I guess extra-judicial mind wipes are cool now, we'll be sending aliens to the Pipeline any day now.

Also, Rick can resist Martian telepathy because reasons. (said reasons being "because otherwise, this episode would be about 20 minutes long.") And he knows that this super-secret government agency has a shape-changer .

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hollismason posted:

Rahul Kohli should be a villian of the week on every series on CW.

I mean, everyone else who didn't know he was guesting shouted RAVI! when he popped up right?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Selachian posted:

Also, Rick can resist Martian telepathy because reasons. (said reasons being "because otherwise, this episode would be about 20 minutes long.") And he knows that this super-secret government agency has a shape-changer .

He can resist being mind read, but not mind wiped!

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Come to think of it, where did Maggie get the device to fake the cameras in the prison? Or the device to open Thompson's cell door? Is that all DEO stuff that she just pilfered while dating Alex?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Vietnamwees posted:

Come to think of it, where did Maggie get the device to fake the cameras in the prison? Or the device to open Thompson's cell door? Is that all DEO stuff that she just pilfered while dating Alex?

She had Alex's gun so I figured she grabbed Alex's go-bag of gadgets. But that was definitely a little plot hole.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Vietnamwees posted:

Always be stealing office supplies.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's to bad they didn't run with the subplot of the illegality of Supergirl. I actually really like that argument.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow, I absolutely hated this episode. So god drat cliche in every way, when the episode started off with a promising discussion about Super heroes vs civilian law enforcement ended up with the omninesscant villain who has all the bases covered and a pointless reference to the Cell.

The Lana stuff was way more interesting.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I thought that episode went in a really weird direction. Like, it was all set up for the plot to be resolved by Kara and Maggie teaming up to find Alex, but they didn't really. Maggie going to release the father didn't sit well with me, her actions kind of undermined the very valid points she had at the start of the episode. I just feel like the emotional arc of the episode wasn't resolved terribly well.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Welp, the main arc was pretty bad. At least Alex was badass I guess.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

I thought that episode went in a really weird direction. Like, it was all set up for the plot to be resolved by Kara and Maggie teaming up to find Alex, but they didn't really. Maggie going to release the father didn't sit well with me, her actions kind of undermined the very valid points she had at the start of the episode. I just feel like the emotional arc of the episode wasn't resolved terribly well.
This. Is like the writers were all 'ah hah! Kara's going to have to admit she was wrong about something and learn and gro-HAHAH YOU THOUGHT SUPERGIRL WOULD BE IMPERFECT SHE'S ALWAYS RIGHT EVEN WHEN SHE'S WRONG FOOLISH MORTALS.' Rang really, really false and just... stupid.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Was killing some time on Youtube and... uhm...

https://youtu.be/05osbg7aLQM?t=1m29s

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

mcbexx posted:

Anf of course that video has 1.3m views.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mcbexx posted:

Goth Chyler Leigh. Yep, remember that vividly.

I guess i can forgive the episode, almost everything hits it out of the park, but I'm gonna say that I would rather see the Red Tornado episode again than see this one.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That video's funny because I only ever knew her from Not Another Teen Movie which I think is pretty hilarious, and she's actually really great in it. There's a good bit where they're doing the "choose an ugly girl and I'll make her prom queen" gag that had me dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXYlv-z_xHQ

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

mcbexx posted:

That video missed the best part of the punk phase joke

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Having just met her last August, the videos don't do her justice. She is positively stunning in person. And so much nicer than the gross nerd in front of us deserved!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hey man don't dox me.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Sigh. I'm not entirely sure why, but these last two episodes have just felt really lackluster.

Also, wasn't Not Another Teen Movie Chris Evans' first role with a lot of exposure? (That shaving cream riff of Varsity Blues haha.) Fun fact, Varsity Blues may have been the first R-rated movie I sneaked into. Yep.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Lena no. you're building a phantom zone projector Lena. Don't do it :ohdear:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I never really expected that episode to go into Maggie's stuff about Supergirl's impact on the legal world. They've never touched on that before and if they ever do it will be in passing and unsatisfying almost likely.

It was just about Kara learning that Maggie is the better detective and Maggie accepting that Kara "always" makes the "right" choice. Which is a little saccharine but what show do we think we're watching? The only person who's ever been able to question Kara is Cat.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 7, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just assumed that with Kara being a DEO agent in all but name that anything Supergirl did was "legal" to the extend that whatever the hell the DEO itself does is legal. Though I too am one of those people who gets excited when the show (or others like it) broaches "the legality of Superman", for lack of a better term. I wish they'd followed through on it though, instead of letting both Kara and Maggie away on the literal Jack Bauer Defense.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The Incredibles pretty much handles the legal aspects of superheroing

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Azhais posted:

The Incredibles Watchmen pretty much handles the legal aspects of superheroing

Ftfy

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
JT's gotta be the one holding up the reunion!

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
lol at Clark's scary friend.

Keep teasing guys.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

evenworse username posted:

Keep teasing guys.

If they keep teasing sooner or later DC will relent and let them do Batman.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

howe_sam posted:

If they keep teasing sooner or later DC will relent and let them do Batman.

I would genuinely enjoy seeing this creative team's version of Batman.

(also who would they cast ohboy)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

When Mon-El said "Hey Buddy" to Winn I got major Chuck vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

evenworse username posted:

I would genuinely enjoy seeing this creative team's version of Batman.

(also who would they cast ohboy)

How would they differentiate him from Ollie