Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Morter posted:

Eh, I've been rather spoiled by ubisoft games having some sort of 'not yet detected, but there's still some folks around' indicator in games like this, the division, etc. I don't mind high impact moments but open firefights feel unfair and punishing even in Normal, so having intel ahead of time on the enemy is worth having for a smoother experience. That's just me, though.

You got a drone mang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Pound_Coin posted:

You got a drone mang

No I mean before I go about detecting/marking mooks, there's usually a system in place that lets you know danger is nearby. I mean, by now, I just hit a place with spotting support and it takes out a lot of the frustration of marking mooks in buildings. But going into a place blind would just seem frustrating to me.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

The Bananana posted:

aye. gently caress "heat maps"
The patch reset my difficulty without me realizing it so having never played on a lower difficulty I was wondering why they thought adding heat maps to the minimap was a good idea because it made things so easy. :downs:

Morter posted:

No I mean before I go about detecting/marking mooks, there's usually a system in place that lets you know danger is nearby. I mean, by now, I just hit a place with spotting support and it takes out a lot of the frustration of marking mooks in buildings. But going into a place blind would just seem frustrating to me.
There is though; when you get to around 150/200m of an enemy one of your AI teammates (or coop buddies' character) will say over the radio something along the lines of "HEY HOLD UP THERE'S BAD DUDES AROUND" and this happens even if you've never spotted the enemies or even know that they're there.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Finally beat this game. The game went pretty smooth once I stopped trying to do side missions and collect stuff. One of the few games where I actually wanted to know what happened to each and every one of the characters.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I'm playing on the 2nd highest difficulty now, and it's pretty tough. I like the heatmaps, personally, but I'd actually prefer if they were less accurate, like a big zone instead of each unit having their own blob.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

blackguy32 posted:

One of the few games where I actually wanted to know what happened to each and every one of the characters.

Seriously?

It was so bad. I mean, I had fun with friends but the story is painfully Clancy. Like, probably even duller than usual.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Seriously?

It was so bad. I mean, I had fun with friends but the story is painfully Clancy. Like, probably even duller than usual.

ehh. i liked some of the ideas of it, then again i always have a soft spot for clancy stuff(even as dem soc lefty but also probaly going into the IC field, i like his old stuff and most of the plots of the clancy game are interesting enough. conviction is fun because you get to blow a GOP dudes kneecaps out and then blow some mike flynn type brains out all over the resolute desk.) plus i find all the cartel poo poo interesting. i wish the story was deeper and you could have more freedom in missions. but it was ok for me.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

While I'm not exactly interested in the characters, I treated the first few dozen hours of the game as a a world full of stuff I wanted to find, and bad guys in my way to get to it.

Someone posted something similar to what I feel: Now that I have what I want, it's nice to just go from task to task and do things comfortably or with confidence, since I feel the gear fits. So now that I'm focused on it, it's nice to, at the very least, be told the impact of my operating.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Welp. Narco Road is a steaming pile of poo poo. Not sure how anybody thought any part of that dlc was the right thing to do.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm really hoping they turn things around with the free PvP update coming soon!!

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm really hoping they turn things around with the free PvP update coming soon!!

I hadn't heard about this. I could really see that being fun.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Elaborate

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://pvplive.net/c/ghost-recon-wildlands-pvp-mode-far-from-release

Except that it's not actually coming soon and also it will probably be bad :(

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
uh the game already has free good pvp. its called killing your bros with an explosive drone

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Maker Of Shoes posted:

uh the game already has free good pvp. its called killing your bros with an explosive drone

The game of attempting to kill your friends by skipping extraction cutscenes to place an explosive minefield is very very strong.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
PvP in this game seems like it would be a big dumb standoff sniper battle due to the accurate nature of the guns, especially on first shot. Tight maps would help a lot, but...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GET MY BELT SON posted:

Welp. Narco Road is a steaming pile of poo poo. Not sure how anybody thought any part of that dlc was the right thing to do.

Why is it bad? i havent played it and dont really have any intention of doing so. but just curious.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

So I feel like I've been to all of the major SB places in San Mateo and cannot find one veteran. Help?

Edit: Never mind. Done. What exactly is "Flames", anyway? Is it a patch? I can't find it.

Morter fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 2, 2017

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Why is it bad? i havent played it and dont really have any intention of doing so. but just curious.

It didn't do anything that made the base game better. All the changes were negative, aside from the nitro boost on some cars cause :getin:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It's pretty dorky, and so off tonally from the base game and the whole GR idea in general it's difficult to imagine who thought it was a good idea.

I must admit though, I do get a real goonish sense of satisfaction from using monster trucks to pancake lesser vehicles.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Morter posted:

So I feel like I've been to all of the major SB places in San Mateo and cannot find one veteran. Help?

Edit: Never mind. Done. What exactly is "Flames", anyway? Is it a patch? I can't find it.
It's a patch, under misc. Fun fact: if you're in the goon task force and wasn't online the first day the challenge was up at the exact moment it was completed, you don't actually get the reward.

I have actually quit the goon task force and made my own private one because of this. Sort that poo poo out, Ubisoft. I can say that doing this does work to ensure you get your task force reward, and so far the challenges are easy enough a single person can do them.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 09:52 on May 2, 2017

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol, what if Bowman had run off with the narcocorrido buchon?

baw posted:

literally
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/859143248803229697

quote:

Daniela Greene lied to the FBI about her whereabouts and warned her new husband, Denis Cuspert, about the investigation. Cuspert, who rapped under the name Deso Dogg, has been featured in videos for the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria holding severed human heads, CNN reports.

here is one of his songs i guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlEV5XyKJI4

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Despite the shittily implemented helicopter flight model, I am having fun trying to fly from the top right map corner all the way down to the bottom left (and vice versa) at nap of earth level. Takes about nine minutes total in the Loach, I haven't tried in a Blackhawk or Cobra yet. Though I think the max speed of all helos are the pretty much the same.

Also, having fun sneaking into enemy bases that have parked Cobras, and stealing them. I wish we could keep the things we've stolen.

I am easily amused

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Task Force challenge counts helicopters you summon in as Unidad vehicles. :haw:

Enjoying Narco Road, weirdly. The dialogue makes me smirk like a moron, but I do want to castrate whoever designed the handling model of those crop duster planes.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

The rewards for the challenges this week are some actually very nice Kryptek weapon paintjobs, and not some :effort: T-shirt or some crappy patch. It's worth booting the game up and getting them done this time.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

poptart_fairy posted:

The Task Force challenge counts helicopters you summon in as Unidad vehicles. :haw:

Enjoying Narco Road, weirdly. The dialogue makes me smirk like a moron, but I do want to castrate whoever designed the handling model of those crop duster planes.

Those things are loving ludicrous. Literally 3ft landing zones. If you're slick, you can 'helicopter' them by going vertical and sitting at the stallpoint.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

How's the performance of this game?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Pretty solid. I have a GTX 970 and I think medium-high graphics settings with no framerate dips. It yelled at me once that I was low on system RAM, which was weird because I was only at 75% usage. Still didn't see any performance problems when that happened.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

It's CPU heavy based on people calling the game garbage because they have a NVidia 1080 with a gerbal treadmill for a CPU.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Alright. My cpu hasn't failed me yet so I think I'll be fine.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
My PC definitely bogs down under the load of this game - CPU fans I don't ever hear are wound up pretty high, but it kicks along nicely at medium settings.

I get an occasional lockup, but it's rare and the game has only crashed once, which is pretty impressive IMO.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Only time this game crashes for me is when I use Ansel

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Where the hell do you see the current challenges? There used to be a prompt on the main menu but now it just takes me to the page where it tells me about the challenges and I'm apparently retarded and can't find anywhere to see them.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Insert name here posted:

Where the hell do you see the current challenges? There used to be a prompt on the main menu but now it just takes me to the page where it tells me about the challenges and I'm apparently retarded and can't find anywhere to see them.

The ESC menu.

That said, I have this weird glitch where none of the rewards display for me. They did at first, but not anymore. This is annoying because now I can't identify anything. Took me an embarrassingly long while to realize this week's rewards were gun skins.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Game is pretty fun, but it would probably be more fun with goons. My uplay name is DocFridaySA

Edit: I'm on pc and here's the link to my ghost profile, it that helps: https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/ghost/profile/cfce4764-8f17-4076-b4ea-76d6be71303e/DocFridaySA

guns for tits fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 6, 2017

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Looks like they added a clock and coordinates to the map screen. Or were those there all along?

Axialbloom
Jul 7, 2011

My life is a series of
lapses in judgement.

Morter posted:

The ESC menu.

That said, I have this weird glitch where none of the rewards display for me. They did at first, but not anymore. This is annoying because now I can't identify anything. Took me an embarrassingly long while to realize this week's rewards were gun skins.

Oh goddamit. I have the same bug (they just appear as little lock icons no matter what) and I spent 10 minutes going through all the badges trying to find my rewards :doh:

MrMojok posted:

Looks like they added a clock and coordinates to the map screen. Or were those there all along?

No, you're right. Added in the latest patch.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.
I'm excited to see how awful the PVP implementation in this game is!

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

I enjoy using the stoner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I enjoy this game a lot but there are a lot of weird little basic design decisions/flaws I wish they would fix before adding any DLC or PVP stuff, like

- there are so many rebels driving around the map that they appear to be the majority of the population, but...
- most of the rebels don't do poo poo and a rebel van parked right in the middle of a Santa Blanca or Unidad base with "GO REBELS!" painted on the side doesn't even provoke enemy interest, let alone a firefight
- in cool open world games like Just Cause or Far Cry you can hop into a rebel car and they will take off with you in the car so that you can help them fight. try that in this game and they just get out of the car and stare at the ground??
- you can't change seats in any vehicle after getting in the drivers' seat, except for the helicopter which is the only vehicle in the game where that makes no sense
- you can't shoot a gun while driving a motorcycle

I actually don't mind the weird flight models and the shooting through walls stuff though it's a bit excessive sometimes, but I really do wish they'd made the rebels vs factions a little more dynamic, it seems very slapped together

• Locked thread