Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Sacriel bitches about the circle constantly. Constantly. Also about desync. He also became a completely unwatchable memelord after the pan blocked shots and the crossbow got added back in. I've been bingeing on pubg streams and JoshOG was probably the best before he started doing custom games all the time. Sacriel I just stopped watching completely after weeks of watching his stream. Summit1G is good when he's not super salty. Destiny was surprisingly good to watch play this game. Fairlight is probably my favourite right now.

So there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

yeah but Sacriel does that weird grimace thing constantly

edit: I'd rather watch Dr. Disrespect VODs than anyone posted above

sleppy fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 2, 2017

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Who you watch sleppy?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Serious question: Why do you guys watch other people play video games?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Uncle Jam posted:

I feel like the sm4 is bull to stop people from using it, I have no problems and the streamers don't seem to have a problem with it either.

I tried that command line instruction set and it made my game crash right before the launch of a match. Playing windowed 1680x1050 on a 1200p screen. Seems to work pretty well.

Also, it seems like simply adding mild serpentine motion into running keeps you alive way longer than armor - you just have to not be predictable in left/right motions.

Gay Horney posted:

Well, I just started playing, so my watching streams is watching weapon handling and the like and occasionally hearing "oh, I love this spawn and it seems like no one ever comes here."

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I still like Frankie. He's the only one I don't want to smack in the teeth.

Lirik sounds like a little fucboi.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Gay Horney posted:

Don't have a lot of time to get good, so it's nice to watch someone who's actually good / can close out the tab whenever something comes up instead of being 'after this round' / nice to become sleepy in bed

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I tried that command line instruction set and it made my game crash right before the launch of a match. Playing windowed 1680x1050 on a 1200p screen. Seems to work pretty well.

Oh the sm4 thing isn't for performance, it makes everything fullbright and no shadows.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Gay Horney posted:

Streams are good for low-effort watching. Like if I'm mentally exhausted or doing something else and just want something in the background. Kinda like how soap operas are for housewives.

Also pubg streams are kinda exciting because the run could end at any moment. It's like a mini-hit of what playing the game gives you, but at times when you can't play.

Futuresight fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 2, 2017

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Gay Horney posted:

moments like this i guess

https://clips.twitch.tv/BovineUglyBunnyChocolateRain

also in a hotel room in stockholm and all the local tv is just adverts for betting sites so not that much difference

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Gay Horney posted:

Chill thing to have up while you can't be bothered playing, see different strats, see people who are good at it.

In my opinion though the popular PUGB streamers in general are all fairly annoying. Summit is frequently salty/arguing with chat/boring, Sacriel's whole military schtick is dumb and he's super repetitive with the sellout, Cohh and Fairlight are just generally dull but probably the least offensive, DrDisrespect is just... jeez. I actually like Lirik though when he does PUBG, I just find him entertaining/funny while he's still pretty good at the game.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Watch Sing Sing

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Xachariah posted:

In my opinion though the popular PUGB streamers in general are all fairly annoying.

ye pretty much this, they just manage find good people to carry them and think they known they shiiieettt like project managers irl

UP AND ADAM posted:

Watch Sing Sing

agreed x2

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Lady Galaga posted:

why is joshog more popular than sacriel i watched like 5 mins and couldn't stand his whining

He played more popular games before now and ran a skin gambling website.

Futuresight posted:

Sacriel bitches about the circle constantly. Constantly. Also about desync. He also became a completely unwatchable memelord after the pan blocked shots and the crossbow got added back in. I've been bingeing on pubg streams and JoshOG was probably the best before he started doing custom games all the time. Sacriel I just stopped watching completely after weeks of watching his stream. Summit1G is good when he's not super salty. Destiny was surprisingly good to watch play this game. Fairlight is probably my favourite right now.

So there.

I enjoyed watching Fairlight when he wasn't playing with Josh.

The thing about Sacriel is he will explain for 5 minutes how calm and not upset he is when he's all the way torqued up about the tiniest thing or literal randomness. He's at his best when the rest of his squad is lighting dudes up before he even sees them and just fucks around with a crossbow.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.
I like Grimmz. He's pretty good, and he always takes high risk drops so he either kills 4 or 5 people in the school or dies and tries again. Makes for an interesting stream.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I like to watch Beaglerush for the UMP and Kar98 loadout supremacy. He's got a few clips on his youtube as well. He's that aussie goon who taught everyone how to play XCOM.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Please tell me this is some sort of ironic bit.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

NickBlasta posted:

I like Grimmz. He's pretty good, and he always takes high risk drops so he either kills 4 or 5 people in the school or dies and tries again. Makes for an interesting stream.

Yes, grimmz is actually enjoyable to watch play

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I wish the game were a bit better about telling you which direction fire is coming from when you get hit. Yeah I have headphones and they help, but if you're gonna put jam on my screen have it be a bit more informational please.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Futuresight posted:

So there.

Lirik is really good because he won chicken dinners in ARMA III BR until this game came out on the routine

Sacriel only drives me crazy because he equips a crossbow then gets frustrated by his team's communication skills when he's singlehandedly handicapping them because LOL THE CROSSBOW = WIN. Otherwise he's very good at explaining things and he plays very tactically and teaches good callouts

Badfinger posted:

The thing about Sacriel is he will explain for 5 minutes how calm and not upset he is when he's all the way torqued up about the tiniest thing or literal randomness. He's at his best when the rest of his squad is lighting dudes up before he even sees them and just fucks around with a crossbow.
ya I can agree with this

Gay Horney posted:

i watch at work while writing code :shrug:

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 2, 2017

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Rexxed posted:

I like to watch Beaglerush for the UMP and Kar98 loadout supremacy. He's got a few clips on his youtube as well. He's that aussie goon who taught everyone how to play XCOM.

Yeah beagle straight up sold me this game more than any ad could.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

NickBlasta posted:

Can confirm that if you watch kongphan+grimmmz duos you will be seeing lots of hyper aggressive play. They'll get more serious about using cover and playing relatively conservative if it's late in a round and they've got a chance at a chicken dinner, otherwise it's all about provoking fights. They're also quite good at tactics and communication, but not in a dumb "look at how military I am" way. They are dudes playing a video game at a fairly high level but not taking it too serious.

Also it might be an acquired taste but imo pflax is hilarious when he goes on those unhinged rants. I wouldn't blame anyone who can't stand him though (and tbh I suspect he'd say the same, he isn't one of those people who have zero self awareness).

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

It seems like a waste for a supergenius like Beaglerush to play a game that works best on animal instinct.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
every time I check out Dr.Disrespect he is bitching about hit detection or net code. I can't watch someone so angry at everything else when they fail.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

aniviron posted:

It seems like a waste for a supergenius like Beaglerush to play a game that works best on animal instinct.

I saw him play a round with his girlfriend and they were playing very tactically.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

This game needs the ability to lean out the window when you don't have a weapon / with a melee weapon.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

WirelessPillow posted:

every time I check out Dr.Disrespect he is bitching about hit detection or net code. I can't watch someone so angry at everything else when they fail.

Well it's a poorly made and poorly optimized game which allows for bad hit detection and other bullshit. He's not wrong.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

WirelessPillow posted:

"How dare this early access game have rough edges! *My* client should be buttery-smooth because I'm Dr. Mr. Important Playing Games on the Internet Man and I'm being free advertising for them! Also, I'm the best vidya gamer in the history of vidya gamez, so obviously it's other people's fault when I don't win every time. And now a message from our sponsor, Dunning-Kruger Game Peripherals..."

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

WirelessPillow posted:

that dudes never had a death that was his fault

funny Star Wars parody posted:

it's his character, he's apparently mocking people when he does that which when I was informed of this made it go from annoying to funny

oh

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

WirelessPillow posted:

it's his character, he's apparently mocking people when he does that which when I was informed of this made it go from annoying to funny

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Also I can never be mad at a guy who does this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re_6rP8Cbek

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Chard posted:

I wish the game were a bit better about telling you which direction fire is coming from when you get hit. Yeah I have headphones and they help, but if you're gonna put jam on my screen have it be a bit more informational please.

I would also deeply appreciate informational jam. Though I'm generally dead before I can react, it would surely help some of the time.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

holy poo poo

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i only watch kawaii azn streamer grills

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmusedAntediluvianEggplantCorgiDerp

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

This loving rules.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DrDisrespect is a character for pure entertainment and anything he says should be taken as such

the man is a literal demigod, 6'8" of pure violence, speed and momentum baby

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

DrDisrespect is a character for pure entertainment and anything he says should be taken as such

the man is a literal demigod, 6'8" of pure violence, speed and momentum baby

He's probably the best streamer on Twitch, every other PUBG streamer is a spaz or dickhead

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

aniviron posted:

Beagle got famous because of his videos from OFP and ArmA with Dslyecxi and CHKilroy in Shacktac way before he did XCOM my man. And boy; you better believe I wish I could reallocate that part of my brain to offhandedly remembering something that'll be used more than this one post and never again!

e; oh man memory lane, but yeah beagle and chkilroy have been Manic Milsim Gamer Dudebro buddy cops for ages and he really just imported that attitude straight into XCOM and PUBG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQLMA2wL2lo&t=660s

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 2, 2017

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
If you fuccbois don't "get" Dr Disrespect, I don't get you.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Does he do all this himself? It's some pretty slick production for one dude sitting at a computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTromboner
Nov 12, 2008
I like to watch Trick2g streams because he is as bad as me.

• Locked thread