Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

icr

i am here

you know what must be done

I actually do. I would love for all of us to MEET OUR MAKER.

But the 5 goons who play daily would not like to come on with no home.

What about the Fab 5?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
whens fantasy football start? we doing that again?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Davebo, this is important. Will you carry on the tradish?

Absolutely not, I have to be me. And being me means not missing a single login day unless I'm on my honeymoon, and I don't intend on having another one of those anytime soon. All logins, all the time. Hell I'm logged in right now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

whens fantasy football start? we doing that again?

Yes we are! You'll all get emails and messages in the summer!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

davebo posted:

Absolutely not, I have to be me. And being me means not missing a single login day unless I'm on my honeymoon, and I don't intend on having another one of those anytime soon. All logins, all the time. Hell I'm logged in right now.

Yeah I'm gonna have to really think about this. I need somebody a little more dedicated to their real life responsibilities. It still may be you, but I gotta interview other candidates.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

davebo, dress up in your wolverine costume (aka work clothes) and recreate your famous portrait, but playing on ps4 this time

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yeah I'm gonna have to really think about this. I need somebody a little more dedicated to their real life responsibilities. It still may be you, but I gotta interview other candidates.

I pledge not to log in so that leadership transfer is even a possibility. In fact, I am so dedicated to not logging in that I've already uninstalled not only MH but all other Marvel-related games. You will not find a candidate more dedicated to not logging in.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

ICR how can you quit, they're adding a Daily Bulge terminal!

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
:siren: raids not dead :siren:

quote:

Apocalypse is powerful enough in the lore to be require a raid to fight, but a terminal is what we can deliver this year. I'm actually having a hard time giving a concise answer to this. Raids aren't dead - we'll do more of them down the road. None of the content pieces we have planned are as big as the Surtur raid though because something like that takes a really really long time to make. Right now I am favoring a steady cadence of things rather than waiting a year for one massive addition.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

ICR how can you quit, they're adding a Daily Bulge terminal!

Where is my playable widdle man!? Sorry, only reskins Thor and Red Venom this year. God knows what two they'll choose next year.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Where is my playable widdle man!? Sorry, only reskins Thor and Red Venom this year. God knows what two they'll choose next year.
lol if you think they'll be working on anything other than Updating Your Resume Man and The Incredible LinkedIn Connection

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Kainser posted:

:siren: raids not dead :siren:
:ughh:

The, what, 5% of the playerbase that actually raid at all will be delighted, I guess.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Is there a PS4 guild I got one of the free beta keys.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

MMAgCh posted:

The, what, 5% of the playerbase that actually raid at all will be delighted, I guess.
i mean they could just finish the difficulty and incentivize playing existing content with groups

but no, gotta have raids. gaz decision making is a never ending sunk cost fallacy

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

So only red venom and oThor for this year releases is pretty pathetic. Late November is a pretty vague time frame as well. What are the odds that both of them are released this calendar year. I'm almost morbidly curious enough to try this out on the ps4 whenever it comes out. Can the console guild be named "known controller users.txt"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ps4 guild should be called "PRIMARY Groot Force"

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MMAgCh posted:

Only if they're really easily distracted with vague promises. Dude's not even hinting at how far down the road he's just kicked this can, merely that it's totally still on the road if you have a telescope. Probably.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I actually do. I would love for all of us to MEET OUR MAKER.

But the 5 goons who play daily would not like to come on with no home.

What about the Fab 5?!?

Groot Force's time has come. Like Constantinople or Rome before it the supergroup has become a breeding ground for suffering and injustice. It is beyond saving and must be allowed to die.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's time to change to PS Fource.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MMAgCh posted:

I guess there's that at least.

This is a travesty. I demand the current VO for Carnage so I can annoy everyone just like on pirate Deadpool

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Dear Gaz: Kill raids, but turn then into something that scales with players and then make them a oneshots with a week long lockout on commendations or whatever.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

So this new creative director, when did this happen? I thought ArtofRawr was that, but apparently not.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

cams posted:

all of these apply to me, but the biggest reason i am most excited about it is that it is a second chance. in the first couple years we all saw the game change and get so much better, then decisions were made that just added bloat and fluff where it was not needed. for me, the "downhill slide" begins with the defensive rework, which i'd been screaming was needed forever then turned out to barely address any actual problems.

mho is a chance to start fresh. they can skip team ups, raids, pets and pet cybernetics, and whatever else other crap and just focus on what works.

will prolly gently caress it up but whatever, i can lay in bed and play marvel heroes

If I could transfer my unlocks I would switch to PS4 because I have such an utterly huge amount of garbage in my tabs I feel like there's no coming back

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

quote:

the schedule described above is already for our team ambitious.

See? That's why you need to have faith. They have an ambitious schedule, you know!

madcow posted:

So this new creative director, when did this happen? I thought ArtofRawr was that, but apparently not.

I guess he saw where things were headed, and got out while the getting was good.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well
Was really hoping for some more substantial poo poo than that. I'll have nothing else to play when this game dies. I am completely baffled at the idea of making a second playable Thor. So many heroes to choose from and they decide to add another Thor.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Someone let me into your dying guild. I've been logging on here and there a couple times a week - who actually plays that I should look for?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

HandsomeBen posted:

Was really hoping for some more substantial poo poo than that. I'll have nothing else to play when this game dies. I am completely baffled at the idea of making a second playable Thor. So many heroes to choose from and they decide to add another Thor.

It's low effort. That's why. Man, what I would give to tour the Mr. Gaz headquarters. I'm guessing it's a bedroom in somebody's grandfather's house that's about to get foreclosed on.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It's low effort. That's why. Man, what I would give to tour the Mr. Gaz headquarters. I'm guessing it's a bedroom in somebody's grandfather's house that's about to get foreclosed on.

It's actually the basement in Asros' mother's house.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Ego is in GOTG2 so there's hope for a surprise third character!!

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
why is everyone so down on this? remember that there's probably gonna be at least one team-up somewhere in this crazy schedule. maybe another falcon or groot

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It's low effort. That's why.
I have this sinking feeling he'll be the Nick Fury of Asgardians.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

kinda enjoying the ps4 beta tbh, until i realised there was a reset coming up

just gonna hold off for now, but looking forward to local co-op

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Carew posted:

why is everyone so down on this? remember that there's probably gonna be at least one team-up somewhere in this crazy schedule. maybe another falcon or groot
There's two team-ups - a Gamora reskin and a Drax reskin. Unfortunately we're not getting a fourth Groot team-up (this year)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Donde Esta posted:

Someone let me into your dying guild. I've been logging on here and there a couple times a week - who actually plays that I should look for?

Me, davebo! Or just post your ingame name here.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

davebo posted:

Me, davebo! Or just post your ingame name here.

Subcompactman - I'll be around

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ive got a ps4 and im still not gonna install this trash game on it

CLAWS ARE NOT AN ELEMENT

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Ghostlight posted:

There's two team-ups - a Gamora reskin and a Drax reskin. Unfortunately we're not getting a fourth Groot team-up (this year)

They're Fortune Card locked to boot.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

punchymcpunch posted:

CLAWS ARE NOT AN ELEMENT

But how can that be when davebo is the claw elemental?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

MichaelMayhem posted:

Some clarifications on Odinson:

We're currently planning to sort of mix the recent comic Odinson, wielding Jarnbjorn, with the general concept of the Ragnarok film's "Thor no longer worthy", who appears to use a mix of weapons and weapon fighting styles. Both are much more in-your-face than our traditional Thor, and we will be using near-zero lightning, as he no longer has Mjolnir to serve as a conduit. He's got some really cool concepts for weapon swapping and builds around which weapons you prefer, and if we continue with that plan, he'll play out very differently from anyone else in the game - including OG Thor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Thanks for the movie spoilers Michael.