Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Finally feel ready to take on Hyrule Castle, I think. I've got:

- all 120 shrines
- Tarrey Town finished
- The main armors upgraded (except the wild set)
- Everything from Kilton
- All memories unlocked
- Got both special horses
- Other stuff I probably forgot
- A decent amount of korok seeds but I have zero desire to get all of them

Is there anything left I should do before Hyrule Castle? Also, within the castle, is there anything major besides the Hylian shield, memory in Zelda's room and the shrine that I should be on the lookout for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
I admire your tenacity, but you're way overthinking it. If you think you're finally "ready" from a skill/level/gear standpoint, you're OP and it's gonna be a breeze. If you're ready from a "I wanna get all this stuff done before endgame", which is more likely, then yeah you're still in excellent shape.

I'd be on the lookout for some kind of a recipe book or something. There's a side quest for it. Also the black two handed sword like royal guard's claymore or something? In one of the rooms you'll find three statues and the middle statue is holding this (moblin guarding it). I think someone wants to see that sword as a side quest. So keep your eye out for those two small things.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
You have way more stuff done than I did when I beat Hyrule Castle

Unless you plant to stop playing after Hyrule castle, then you're more than prepared.

Besides what yamdankee said, just try to go through Hyrule Castle slowly and thoroughly imo. There's a lot of cool stuff everywhere so try and look into every nook and cranny you can think of.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I just did Hyrule Castle without encountering Ganon, you can leave and come back (though I made an effort to avoid his objective marker and just explored all the tunnels)

There's also the two quests mentioned that expect you to visit and leave the castle to finish them

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I know I'm overgeared, I just kind of like to take an approach to have everything I want done in a game before beating it.

yamdankee posted:

I admire your tenacity, but you're way overthinking it. If you think you're finally "ready" from a skill/level/gear standpoint, you're OP and it's gonna be a breeze. If you're ready from a "I wanna get all this stuff done before endgame", which is more likely, then yeah you're still in excellent shape.

I'd be on the lookout for some kind of a recipe book or something. There's a side quest for it. Also the black two handed sword like royal guard's claymore or something? In one of the rooms you'll find three statues and the middle statue is holding this (moblin guarding it). I think someone wants to see that sword as a side quest. So keep your eye out for those two small things.

I keep forgetting about that kid who wants to see all the weapons, oops.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 1, 2017

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

frodnonnag posted:

You were fighting it out of it's area. I've done a few by cheesing with arrows and they don't teleport as long as you are in their zone and don't let them completely forget.

Plink them with an arrow, let them get the ? Up but not spot you, then plink them again when they are turned but not completely idle.

Be prepared to spend like 30 minutes, several bows and 100s of arrows.

I wasn't out of its area, I couldn't have been, he was only teleporting back to reset about five feet away, but I highlighted what you said that I think may have been the culprit. Unless their areas are literally only twenty feet wide or something I still had to be within it. But I was letting him completely cool down every so often just because it's freaking hard to spam arrows for ten straight minutes.

Edit: I mean if you want to go check for yourself it's the guy near-ish the Eldin Leviathan Bones and that rock I was standing on is a very clear nearby landmark.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 1, 2017

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Just SW of the Lanayru Tower on the approach up the hill/cliff is a divot in the ground just like the type you get a Korok seed from via boulder golfing. The nearest boulder is on a wooden slat that overhangs a pond. After wasting a bunch of time trying to stasis that boulder into the hole I looked up online if it's even a Korok seed location. It's not! That's pretty mean of the game. So don't waste your time trying to get that boulder into the hole.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I just made another run through the castle and discovered hidden doors in the library to use magnesis on!

This game.

Constantly finding new poo poo. :allears:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Well, I went and beat Ganon in the fully-upgraded Wild set. What a crazy ride that final dungeon is!
I woke up basking in the glow of my house's neon displays in the morning and set off to finish things once and for all by nightfall.
With three stamina wheels, twenty-seven hearts, legendary armor, the master sword, and all four champion abilities, I was able to go in to the final dungeon blind and never use a single consumable! That, to me, is a resounding success.

As great as the whole experience made me feel, nothing will beat the supreme joy I felt when I grabbed the weapon that a moblin was making a beeline for, and then threw said weapon in its face during the moblin's tantrum of shock and rage. :allears:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Can you bring those metal doors or shelves from the library into the Ganon boss fight? And if so are they indestructible

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Wondered if I could beat the castle even though I had not finished the Gerudo guardian dungeon and never stepped foot in the Goron area. 2 hours later and I beat the game. Apparently the final battle would have been much easier if I had the power of either Gerudo or Goron?? Had no idea, lol. I just BARELY beat the final boss though and my question is this: if I didn't have any shields left would I have been hosed? I don't know how else I could have reflected the laser to take his red shield down besides parries and I was literally down to my last shiedl Just wondering how truly close I was cutting it here.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

Wondered if I could beat the castle even though I had not finished the Gerudo guardian dungeon and never stepped foot in the Goron area. 2 hours later and I beat the game. Apparently the final battle would have been much easier if I had the power of either Gerudo or Goron?? Had no idea, lol. I just BARELY beat the final boss though and my question is this: if I didn't have any shields left would I have been hosed? I don't know how else I could have reflected the laser to take his red shield down besides parries and I was literally down to my last shiedl Just wondering how truly close I was cutting it here.

You can also damage him with flurry rushes, and stun him by hitting him with headshots right after he attacks, so you wouldn't have been completely hosed.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't know about you guys but when I hit a guardian from behind and it just starts shooting randomly, it seems really really obscene, to me. ... or am I the only one? :(

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

redreader posted:

I don't know about you guys but when I hit a guardian from behind and it just starts shooting randomly, it seems really really obscene, to me. ... or am I the only one? :(

It's afraid. :getin:

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Can someone give the regions the Great Fairies are located in? Found the one by Kakariko and I want to get the second upgrades without having to get the full answer.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Arbitrary Coin posted:

Can someone give the regions the Great Fairies are located in? Found the one by Kakariko and I want to get the second upgrades without having to get the full answer.

#2 Akalla
#3 Rito area
#4 Gerudo (ps there's a shrine nearby so you literally can't miss it if you do the quests in town)

Xaris fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 2, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is 120 shrines doable without a guide? I THINK I found the one in hebra mountains you guys were complaining about

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Lakbay posted:

I just did Hyrule Castle without encountering Ganon, you can leave and come back (though I made an effort to avoid his objective marker and just explored all the tunnels)

There's also the two quests mentioned that expect you to visit and leave the castle to finish them

What tickles me pink is that you will get those two quests from what is very, very likely to be the first horse stable you find

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
They don't call them the Hebra Mountains of Madness for nothing. There are several tricky spots tucked away in that region if you don't know where and how to look or come aptly equipped for ice and snow.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Calaveron posted:

What tickles me pink is that you will get those two quests from what is very, very likely to be the first horse stable you find

This is on purpose to encourage you to go to the castle early for equipment runs. Which its designed for. You can't use nearly everything you get in there on the castle itself.

If it had a more explicit map marker system you'd see and objectivepop up in the castle instead of just implying to go there.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Details on the first DLC are out. It sounds a lot more interesting then what was described.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/859211728030015488

Also hard mode big change is all the enemies now have regen and go up a rank, which it sounds like there are new variants of them as the toughest version.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rirse posted:

Details on the first DLC are out. It sounds a lot more interesting then what was described.

Also hard mode big change is all the enemies now have regen and go up a rank, which it sounds like there are new variants of them as the toughest version.

Tingle suit looks cool.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Rirse posted:

The new patch out today also gives us Dual Audio.

Now you can finally hear the champions and Zelda in the language they were always meant to be heard in.

Spanish. I hear the Spanish voices are actually pretty good.

Edit: I feel really bad for anyone who tried to find all 900 Nut Boys without this new Korok mask coming out.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
New DLC sounds pretty cool. Looking forward to it!

e: Can't wait to see what Tingle armor's set bonus is, if any.

e2: oh god just realized, regen Lynels.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 2, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
That sounds pretty mediocre honestly. The main reason the game lacks difficulty is because you can eat food whenever you want and upgraded armor reduces damage by huge amounts. If hard mode doesn't actually address any of that then its not gonna be much more difficult. Enemy HP regen is probably the biggest difficulty change, but that is only gonna matter when you are still weak. Once you have powerful gear than stuff will die before the HP regen has a chance to even matter.

Guess I'm gonna have to stick to my self-imposed restrictions on top of this.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hero's path actually seems like a pretty neat feature, but only the last 200 hours? How limited.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Hard mode sounds disappointing. That's pretty much straight up "make the enemies damage sponges." Lame.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Spacebump posted:

Tingle suit looks cool.

Tingle suit's set bonus should give you rank 1 speed for making twice as much noise.

edit: Korokquest can now begin in earnest :fishmech:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Regent seems like it prevents you from using lesser weapons to chip damage enemies way above your paygrade.

But that's a skill based way to overcome a meatwall. So it just makes gating more effective...dont know how I feel about this.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
They're selling QoL stuff as DLC? lame

Like I've been wishing for a way to see where I"ve explored and where I haven't

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lemming posted:

Hard mode sounds disappointing. That's pretty much straight up "make the enemies damage sponges." Lame.

Yeah thinking more about it its actually sounds extremely tedious because of upgraded enemy tiers.

You know how you can get camps full of nothing but black enemies? Well now those will all be silver. Every enemy is gonna be a massive damage sponge that isn't actually dangerous for an equipped character, just really annoying to kill due to all the HP.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The true power of the Master Sword will be that from now on everybody refers to it as the Master Sword instead of coyly dancing around its name by calling it a sacred sword or legendary blade

Nah but really here's hoping it's got either unlimited durability or like is way stronger and that it also changes color to look golden with a red hilt like in ALTtP and such

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
None of that DLC sounds appealing. Hard mode is meh, the korok mask is okay but really just feels like Sheikah sensor for koroks, and fast travel isn't that helpful. The new armor looks neat, at least.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Legit excited for heros path, but also kinda disappointed it wasn't an out of the box feature. Even a gta-like "unmask the areas you've been" would have been fine.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Hero's Path and Travel Medallion should be stuff in a free patch

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I was hoping hard mode would be no eating in combat and drop all items on death. (You could get them from your corpse)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
All that stuff sounds loving cool as hell.... except I already beat the game and having that would have been nice from the getgo. Not enough to get me to revisit the game right now but it'll be nice in a year or two from now when I play again.

I'm not surprised by Hard Mode, I think everyone was getting their expectations up in the clouds. But I was expecting some more areas via mini-side stories like BLood & Wine/Heart of Stone. So I guess my expectations were also a little high but in a different way.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 2, 2017

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I was really hoping hard mode would amount to BotW: Master Quest with stuff moved around. No way I'm replaying it just for spongier enemies.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Xaris posted:

I'm not surprised by Hard Mode, I think everyone was getting their expectations up in the clouds. But I was expecting some more areas via mini-side stories like BLood & Wine/Heart of Stone. So I guess my expectations were also a little high but in a different way.

I don't think its unreasonable to think a paid DLC difficulty would do significantly more than "make enemies have more health". Expecting new areas out of it is unreasonable given they didn't advertise that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
i can see why you can't buy them separately because no one would buy dlc 1