Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Feenix posted:

My 4 year old is so gosh darn excited by the new Mario Kart that I had to get this because it was really not that much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB7NvGdANFM

And it's very cool!

No Shy Guy, it's garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Feenix posted:

My 4 year old is so gosh darn excited by the new Mario Kart that I had to get this because it was really not that much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB7NvGdANFM

And it's very cool!

tetra and ganondorf dlc confirmed

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Nintendo just dropped info about the first BOTW dlc.

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/

It all sounds cool but aside from the hard mode it all sounds like stuff that would be great for a first playthrough which just makes me wish all of it was already in.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Tender Bender posted:

It all sounds cool but aside from the hard mode it all sounds like stuff that would be great for a first playthrough which just makes me wish all of it was already in.

Korok mask and Heroes Path sound like something I would use the hell out of.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
All of it sounds rad as heck.

Edit:
vvv:lol:vvv

Cithen fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 2, 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Fly with me posted:

Korok mask and Heroes Path sound like something I would use the hell out of.

Heroes Path sounds rad as hell, it almost makes me wish I'd waited to play until that came out because it'd be cool to track my wanderings.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That looks really cool, but yeah, something that is only really useful on a first playthrough.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Heroes Path sounds rad as hell, it almost makes me wish I'd waited to play until that came out because it'd be cool to track my wanderings.

the way the heroes path blurb is written sounds like it's retroactive (please be retroactive)

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

http://splatoon.nintendo.com/squid-sisters-stories/#chapter-2

We ruined these girls.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wonder what is the true power of that blade. That certain blade with the power to seal it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

:what:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

enojy posted:

200cc is still so stupid. Even gimping my speed as much as I can with a baby character and tons of braking, it's just too fast for these course layouts. At least full cups are over in like under 5 minutes so I can keep replaying them and hope I don't get spamfucked by items the next time.

Unlike normal mario kart, in 200cc you do actually have to use the brake button sometimes :aaa:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, that's cool!

SecretSquirrel
Jun 3, 2003

Masticator

If you wear the Korok mask rocks randomly fall out of the sky onto you. That's what you get you barbarian

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zelda just updated. I don't know what has been added except now you can select voice language in settings, Options were match system setting, English, Japanese, French, French Canadian, Spanish, kings spanish, Italian, and probably some others

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm hoping the reward for sword trial is a Master Sword that doesn't wear out and go into unusable mode.

But it's more likely it'll just be malice own zone all the time mode.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If the second dlc for Zelda is good I will buy the season pass and become Tingle.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Finally decided to try Bomberman R...kind of wish I hadn't. It's not real good, that might be the understatement of the year. Online is also a wasteland.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

strap on revenge posted:

the c to c connection is way safer than a to c. a lot of generic a to c cables have poo poo resistors in them and can damage your things. google benson leung

Apparently this nerd approves of my charger so I'm going to assume he approves of the cables that come with the charger as well

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
There better be Hyrule Warriors for the switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

First DLC pack seems more interesting than I expected. I'm glad you have to find most of the new stuff in the world itself. It would have been boring if it all just popped up in my inventory once the pack unlocked.

Sounds like there will be in-game hints to find them. I wonder if they'll add new NPCs or give existing ones new dialogue. Hard mode sounds slightly disappointing. I was hoping it would make enemies smarter or have better eyesight or something too.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 2, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ethanol posted:

Switch makes cooking dangerous because I ignore the timer and preheat the oven for 2 hours

I keep going back to that early Switch/Zelda TV spot of the guy cooking eggs while playing his Switch and I'm here like, I dunno if I wanna support the whole weight of the Switch by one Joy-Con... let alone even bring it into the kitchen near the stove.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Tender Bender posted:

That should drop just in time for me to finally find a Switch. Maybe Splatoon will be out too.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

deadwing posted:

the way the heroes path blurb is written sounds like it's retroactive (please be retroactive)

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/legend-zelda-breath-wild-first-dlc-pack-detailed

quote:

The route taken will be tracked for the player’s last 200 hours of play time, with an included slider to track footsteps on a timeline. This even works retroactively, so players that have already put many hours into the game will be able to see where they have traveled.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

M...Marie :ohdear:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tender Bender posted:

My plan to buy the game on WiiU and then later get it on Switch is working out perfectly! :)

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

ratbert90 posted:

There better be Hyrule Warriors for the switch.

god no. even if rupee glitch still exists, i'd rather not grind like gently caress a third time

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yay! I haven't wasted 85 hours!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Got an email that my neon joy-cons shipped :toot:

I'm irrationally excited to get a blue-L and red-R

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 2, 2017

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
All of those expansion pack items seem like things that should have been in the game Day 1.

While I wouldn't have paid for that alone as DLC, I am glad it's bundled with a story expansion later this year.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I want those neon green ones.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

strap on revenge posted:

the c to c connection is way safer than a to c. a lot of generic a to c cables have poo poo resistors in them and can damage your things. google benson leung

Acutally, C-C has become even more of a larger mine field!

Buy USB-IF certified poo poo. Some C-C cables have been really shady and dangerous.
Amazon Basics cables are good and cheap and tested by Benson Leung.
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB-Type-C-2-0-Cable/dp/B01GGKZ1VA

USB-C chargers (especially car chargers and batteries) have been particularly bad.

https://plus.google.com/collection/UQ94NB
https://plus.google.com/collection/cleFmB

Handy dandy spreadsheet of tested products.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vnpEXfo2HCGADdd9G2x9dMDWqENiY2kgBJUu29f_TX8/pubhtml

The Anker USB C battery previously listed has a nasty habit of reversing the power flow, causing the thing you are trying to charge to end up charging the battery instead.

At this point, you are far safer with a known good A-C cable and an A battery pack.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 2, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wonderboy:
Real good or no good?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The new BOTW update means I can finally play it the way it was meant to be played: in Italian with English subtitles.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Wonderboy:
Real good or no good?
It's a (good) remake of an old (good) game, but it's also literally that game with all the outdated design in tact. The new art is great, but you have to deal with stuff like no checkpoints and little guidance (seriously the pig they tell you to talk to is mostly worthless).

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

(seriously the pig they tell you to talk to is mostly worthless).

Sounds like my kinda game

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

parallelodad posted:

Zelda just updated. I don't know what has been added except now you can select voice language in settings, Options were match system setting, English, Japanese, French, French Canadian, Spanish, kings spanish, Italian, and probably some others

Over the map thing, This is the reason I wish I could have started it now. English Zelda was baloney.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

It was be awesome/hilarious if you could set the voice actors per character and have just Zelda speak Spanish while leaving everyone else English. English Zelda is the only actor that stands out as being really bad to me. It got to where I just took my headphones off whenever she was on screen.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
There was like twenty minutes of voice acting total you loving nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
One thing you learn is goons are loving weird about voice acting.

• Locked thread