Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I died 958 times in Nioh. 136 of those deaths were on one fight

Which one?

I hope it wasn't Orochi because having to redo that boss more than four or five times would put the average person in a lunatic asylum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I know what fight you're talking about. I think about 1/3 of my deaths were on it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nioh started out harder than Dark Souls imo but leveling feels much more substantial and it's grindy, so it's easy to just get over leveled. I thought it was pretty good. Nothing mind blowing though. I'm finally going to go finish the Last 3rd of the game now that I'm caught up on everything else.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sometimes I wish my friend hadn't introduced me to the Souls series because it's all I play now and has consumed my gaming life :qq:

Reallllly wanna get Nioh

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I got to Lewis's story in Edith Finch and when I enter the palace suddenly Lewis stops walking, his head disappears, and when I push the analog stick the camera pulls out through a locker room, onto a factory floor, through the scenery, out the back of the world and falls out of the map. The screen turns completely white but I'm still playing the fish chopping minigame through sound and controller vibrations. Was any of that supposed to happen? It seemed like a glitch but with a game like this I really can't tell.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sometimes I wish my friend hadn't introduced me to the Souls series because it's all I play now and has consumed my gaming life :qq:

Reallllly wanna get Nioh

Wait till it's a 20 game.

It gets repetitive real quick.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Can someone help me with HBO Now? I have it installed on my PS 4, but I go to the website to sign up and the only option I have is to download it through Amazon. I can't even register an account through the website, and trying to go to order.hbonow.com on my PS 4 results in repeating 'not enough system memory' errors.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

haveblue posted:

I got to Lewis's story in Edith Finch and when I enter the palace suddenly Lewis stops walking, his head disappears, and when I push the analog stick the camera pulls out through a locker room, onto a factory floor, through the scenery, out the back of the world and falls out of the map. The screen turns completely white but I'm still playing the fish chopping minigame through sound and controller vibrations. Was any of that supposed to happen? It seemed like a glitch but with a game like this I really can't tell.

Glitch.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Uncle w Benefits posted:

Can someone help me with HBO Now? I have it installed on my PS 4, but I go to the website to sign up and the only option I have is to download it through Amazon. I can't even register an account through the website, and trying to go to order.hbonow.com on my PS 4 results in repeating 'not enough system memory' errors.

I'm confused. What you are saying is you have the PS4 app but can't sign up for an account via HBO? Did you try it on a computer? Just do it there and log in on the PS4.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oxxidation posted:

Which one?

I hope it wasn't Orochi because having to redo that boss more than four or five times would put the average person in a lunatic asylum.

It was against the Warrior of the West.

Orochi was actually pretty easy because I was running with a gimmick gun build and running around shooting people in the face for infinite damage was pretty rad

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

veni veni veni posted:

I'm confused. What you are saying is you have the PS4 app but can't sign up for an account via HBO? Did you try it on a computer? Just do it there and log in on the PS4.

When I try to create an account on a computer I get this:

There is nowhere to create an account. I have to 'download it to my device,' which I've already done with my PS 4. When I launch the app on my PS 4, the only option I have is to sign in with the account I created, but can't create. This seems like a very badly designed service.

e: looks like I have to subscribe through Amazon. Well they could make it a little more clearer, or maybe post some instructions heck IDK. No that doesn't work either lol never mind

uncle w benefits fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 2, 2017

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Uncle w Benefits posted:

You basically have to sign up via iOS app, Android App, or Amazon whatever (app?). Then download the app on the PS4 and just sign in. I don't think you can sign up via computer/browser.

Just download the app to your phone and sign up through that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Uncle w Benefits posted:

There is nowhere to create an account. I have to 'download it to my device,' which I've already done with my PS 4. When I launch the app on my PS 4, the only option I have is to sign in with the account I created, but can't create. This seems like a very badly designed service.

e: looks like I have to subscribe through Amazon. Well they could make it a little more clearer, or maybe post some instructions heck IDK. No that doesn't work either lol never mind

Wow I googled it a bit, and you indeed cannot sign up on a computer without using one of those services. That is astoundingly stupid. Try an apple/android device if you have one. I can't believe it won't let you just do it in a browser.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Man this poo poo is stupid.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Booted up my ps4 and everything was really slow, and my TV apps wouldn't load. I rebooted and while slow, things did finally load, except for Rocket League, which got stuck at the loading screen. Is my ps4 hosed? Or is there something wrong with the psn network?

Edit: just got a DNS server can't be used error. I use unblock-us. Are they blocking that now?

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Uncle w Benefits posted:

I noticed that the clicker was the most common enemy in TLOU, but bloaters were very rare. I think I saw 3 or 4 of them in my whole playthrough. Are there more of those on higher difficulty levels?

There is just one bloater that is there or not there depending on difficulty, I'm pretty sure. If you're a sissy like me, a bloater will not appear in the hotel basement.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Booted up my ps4 and everything was really slow, and my TV apps wouldn't load. I rebooted and while slow, things did finally load, except for Rocket League, which got stuck at the loading screen. Is my ps4 hosed? Or is there something wrong with the psn network?

Edit: just got a DNS server can't be used error. I use unblock-us. Are they blocking that now?

Unblock-Us is a third-party DNS service, so if you can't reach DNS, that's likely a problem on their end. I doubt Sony or your ISP is blocking it, it's just DNS traffic.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

acksplode posted:

Unblock-Us is a third-party DNS service, so if you can't reach DNS, that's likely a problem on their end. I doubt Sony or your ISP is blocking it, it's just DNS traffic.

Did a test and it looks like an IP address conflict. I just added a new device to my router so it's probably that. Oops.

It's weird cause netflix still works on it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

smh. Just use DHCP man

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Uncle w Benefits posted:

Just get it as an amazon addon subscription and don't use the HBO now app. That's what I do. It makes HBO content available through the amazon app.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man, I was hoping outlast 2 would really expand on the first game and be really good, but instead it feels like a pretty major step backwards. They practically got rid of stealth in favor of just having poo poo chase you around all the time. It's rare that I don't have to repeat a section 2 or 3 times, completely ruining the horror and turning it into pure frustration. The levels seemed designed for you to fail the first time which seems like a bad idea for a horror game.It's a shame because the atmosphere and story are pretty good.

It's also just...not scary really. Just morbid. The first one actually freaked me out pretty good. I can't tell if it's less scary or if the gimmick doesn't work twice or what.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Why has my PS4 stopped downloading updates in rest mode? I haven't futzed with any of the settings.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Montalvo posted:

Why has my PS4 stopped downloading updates in rest mode? I haven't futzed with any of the settings.
Every once in a while I go to start a game and find it has an update that had not downloaded automatically, is that what you mean? My PS4 has always done that occasionally.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Snak posted:

Just get it as an amazon addon subscription and don't use the HBO now app. That's what I do. It makes HBO content available through the amazon app.

I was able to get it to work by using Google Play, which seems to work just fine.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Every once in a while I go to start a game and find it has an update that had not downloaded automatically, is that what you mean? My PS4 has always done that occasionally.

Yeah, this. It feels like a recent problem, but maybe it's just me.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Speaking as an owner of a GTX 1080...it's nice to have the prices of Steam and the graphics. But HOLY poo poo it's impossible to go through different games without trouble shooting their startup process all the time. Your virus protection is blocking Battlefield's servers. GTA has run into an unexpected error. Hold on, spend 20 minutes googling why your game won't get past a black screen after an update even though it played just fine last week. Oh, sorry you just died because one of your Windows processes decided to minimize your game window.

With PS4 Pro and the Xbox Scorpio coming along, man, screw PC gaming. You gotta go through so much junk to get a game working half the time.

As I sit here not being able to not get kicked out by "Punkbuster" on Battlefield 4 PC.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The last AAA game I really tried to play on PC was Dark Souls 1; I had abandoned my first run of it when it was introduced on Steam around Darkroot Basin and then, after buying a PS4 and playing Bloodborne where the Soulsborne concepts finally clicked with me, was coming back to it. In the middle of my playthrough, after I had beaten the uhh dragon thing at the bottom of the sewer? Windows got an update, and the next time I tried to play it, every time I touched the sticks on my wired 360 controller the game would slow to a crawl. It was totally inexplicable, I was this close to running to Gamestop and buying a used PS3 and DS1 and the DLC all over again just so I could actually play the loving game when they updated Windows again and somehow fixed whatever bug they introduced.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Dark Souls is not a good introduction to AAA PC gaming, it's true.

I've had very few problems since building my own rig but a lot of that was lucky misses. I played DS3 on release and that thing had maybe a 50% cataclysmic failure rate on PC.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The last AAA game I really tried to play on PC was Dark Souls 1; I had abandoned my first run of it when it was introduced on Steam around Darkroot Basin and then, after buying a PS4 and playing Bloodborne where the Soulsborne concepts finally clicked with me, was coming back to it. In the middle of my playthrough, after I had beaten the uhh dragon thing at the bottom of the sewer? Windows got an update, and the next time I tried to play it, every time I touched the sticks on my wired 360 controller the game would slow to a crawl. It was totally inexplicable, I was this close to running to Gamestop and buying a used PS3 and DS1 and the DLC all over again just so I could actually play the loving game when they updated Windows again and somehow fixed whatever bug they introduced.

Steam controller support conflicts with normal controller support. There're instructions about this somewhere.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dark souls 1 has a really bad port. from was pretty upfront about it going in tho; they'd never made a pc game before and only did it because fans were clamoring for it

dark souls 2, on the other hand, is a fantastic port and runs great even if your pc wasn't that beefy at the time. dunno about dark souls 3 on pc tho since I played that on ps4

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Snak posted:

Steam controller support conflicts with normal controller support. There're instructions about this somewhere.
This was different, not about Steam or the bad DS1 port -- it was some super weird Windows 10 bug specific to X360 controller drivers that existed for like a week on a specific build -- I managed to get a DS4 working and that didn't have the bug; the next update to Windows fixed 360 controller support and I was able to finish DS1 without any further problems. I wouldn't have even noticed if I wasn't in the middle of DS1 at the exact moment it occurred.

Which is kinda the point about PC gaming. I loved it for a long time but there's a million weird things that can go wrong.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

This was different, not about Steam or the bad DS1 port -- it was some super weird Windows 10 bug specific to X360 controller drivers that existed for like a week on a specific build -- I managed to get a DS4 working and that didn't have the bug; the next update to Windows fixed 360 controller support and I was able to finish DS1 without any further problems. I wouldn't have even noticed if I wasn't in the middle of DS1 at the exact moment it occurred.

Which is kinda the point about PC gaming. I loved it for a long time but there's a million weird things that can go wrong.

If it just worked. So many times I've had to troubleshoot the dumbest poo poo

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Manatee Cannon posted:

dark souls 1 has a really bad port. from was pretty upfront about it going in tho; they'd never made a pc game before and only did it because fans were clamoring for it

dark souls 2, on the other hand, is a fantastic port and runs great even if your pc wasn't that beefy at the time. dunno about dark souls 3 on pc tho since I played that on ps4

DS2 on PC had the 60 frames bug, that was some funny poo poo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bloodychill posted:

pretty sure that's just the animations being tied to the fps. it's in dark souls 1 as well but weapons in that game have like a billion durability so mostly it just meant some jumps are harder at 60 than at 30

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Except for the content, everything about HBOs streaming service is utter thrash. Especially their ps4 app.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

bloodychill posted:

Don't you mean a feature punishing you for swinging your weapon with abandon :v: Those were the days, when fans defended the bug with such vigour

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Manatee Cannon posted:

pretty sure that's just the animations being tied to the fps. it's in dark souls 1 as well but weapons in that game have like a billion durability so mostly it just meant some jumps are harder at 60 than at 30

Ladders are a big problem on 60 FPS too. They tend to make you fall through the world.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So my gaming PC has become a silly lump in the corner of my room, and with it my steam library and my year in gaming thread :( It is a shame, but I was due to upgrade at some point. Now comes the saving!

In the mean time, my PS4 is now my main gaming machine and good grief I love it. I am currently obsessed with diablo 3 :D

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

VideoGames posted:

So my gaming PC has become a silly lump in the corner of my room, and with it my steam library and my year in gaming thread :( It is a shame, but I was due to upgrade at some point. Now comes the saving!

In the mean time, my PS4 is now my main gaming machine and good grief I love it. I am currently obsessed with diablo 3 :D

Despite having countless chars on PC (clocked close to 2000 hours), another good 300 on xbox360 I also own it on PS4. Is just so mindless fun that I keep coming back to it. Now with seasons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Attitude Indicator posted:

Except for the content, everything about HBOs streaming service is utter thrash. Especially their ps4 app.

It's like they tried to come up with the most uninviting looking and badly functioning system and it exceeded all their expectations.