Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Kosumo posted:

Like a train that has hit an iceberg, left the tracks and then plowed into a conbustible zepplin.

That is full of explosives and adorable orphans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Keep in mind these are the same special minds that think Star Citizen isn't a joke.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MedicineHut posted:

Wait. MoMA is Toast?

Look, if you can't keep up with the thread, you'll have to go for mandatory marketing/acting training with Sandi. Sorry, I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.

(The Stimperor infects!)

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Their thorough and deep analysis of one old man's junk on a daily basis leaves little time to reflect on that money hole they're shovelling their savings into.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Same post: https://www.diffchecker.com/wKL0ljax

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

You know, I'm sorry to say this, but I'm getting the impression that perhaps this game won't come out as promised.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

You know, I'm sorry to say this, but I'm getting the impression that perhaps this game won't come out as promised.

typical 110-year-old never-was rambling

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

You should really inform yourself, they just released a schedule.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

If it was really a concern troll then it worked because they all still got mad about what it said enough to pick through to try to justify their suspicions.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

This week's comm link: (My god, what a flaccid cock of effort put into this one)

quote:

Short, sweet, and to the point this week.

The Banu Defender concept sale finishes up today. It was a unique sale in that we got to support it not just with a dedicated ATV segment the day before, but a Town Hall in the middle, both a Jump Point magazine and Vault Update for Subscribers with the BTS of it’s development and unused concept images, and finally one of the most robust Q&A we’ve gotten to do towards the end. There was no shortage of information this sale, and I think it’ll become a template for how we support the amazing work our developers are doing going forward.

In community shows, this week sees Gaige Hallman take on the Quantum Questions challenge and community member Nighthawk Zale discusses his tabletop creation, Traverse the ‘Verse while Dave Haddock explores the Rilah System in Loremaker’s Guide to the Galaxy. This week’s ATV comes to us from Austin and Montreal, while the Happy Hour Interview will be your chance to put questions directly to another of our developers. Stay tuned for the specific time later this week.

With that, we’ll see you in the ‘verse.

Jared “Disco Lando” Huckaby
Community Manager

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 2, 2017

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

boy i sure am glad they're using this as a template for how to give bullshit information regarding templates for their spaceship jpegs in the game that's never coming out

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

boy i sure am glad they're using this as a template for how to give bullshit information regarding templates for their spaceship jpegs in the game that's never coming out

Star Citizen: This mother fucker is robust.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

I think Derek should reward risc1911 with more than the usual payment for this one... he managed to infect that dude's brain so bad he was able to spot his alt and crack the case that quickly even after all those months. :golfclap:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

braben is cool and good and quietly accomplishes cool and good things

chris roberts is a noisesome cokehead banned from hollywood who married a ticklefet non-star and owes the worst demographic in humanity a kings ransom in dreams

lol

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:3:
I cheered a little when the duckling finally made it

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

MedicineHut posted:

Hold on. MoMA is Toast, I can buy that. But there is no way Sandi is Derek, right?

Why can't she be all of them? Look at the facts: a marketing genius her entire life, she holds multiple degrees and does the work of several people. Like any super villain she has left clues behind.

"The work of several people".

Follow the trail of crumbs and the web will unravel. Citizengate.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ok, the ELE for all space games just happened, apparently:

Mordja posted:

Neat!

OK not technically an FPS, but hey man, don't throw a brother under the bus.

Yes, yours too, Derek. :D

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Somebody is oddly really obsessed with age.

Boo Huxley? Didn't we decide that was the most likely Sandi alt? Makes sense.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Super Mario Galaxy had a very good design document I bet, that specifically outlined how the gravity is supposed to work with the gameplay. Gravity was pretty important to the game itself.

Star Citizen probably still doesn't have a design document. Gravity should be a critical component that is well outlined in how it will function in the game itself. Unfortunately all CIG can "imagine" is fidelity, and they say physics without understanding physics.

SMG was probably designed from ground up revolving around its game structure.

SC was designed from ground up to look pretty using an off the shelf engine suited only for making things look pretty.

SMG is a video game that can be played now, and took about 7 years to develop from nothing to a full game.

SC is a barely tech demo that does none of its promises five years into development.

Oh, come ON! You know NOTHING about software development! First you establish the company, THEN you get the star cast, THEN you establish the assets, THEN you record the mocap, THEN you select an engine, THEN you figure out gameplay that will not violate the window of fidelitiousness. I like you and all, friend, but I really don't think I should be explaining this at this point. (Okay, granted you can swap steps 2 and 3 if you must, but ONLY if your executive staff are highly trained and educated professionals that also have a extensive background in RSC-level theatrics)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I just want to confirm that these guys are in fact Fed. Their office is across the hall from my office which is also Federal. Sometimes we congregate in the coffee shop in the pentagon to communicate about Fed operations we can't talk about, and how much restraint we have to show people on Reddit and other forums about video games so we don't wreck their lives.

"TheGremlich" I say, because that actually is his Fed code name we use for Fed business, "you showed good restraint today not breaking these mere non-Fed people apart with your amendments. I'm proud of you."

And he replies, "Thank you Miss Awesome," because that is my Fed code name because it's just true. It's all totally true.

Okay, I will grant you the Miss Awesome, however, I feel your story of your career change is pure FUD. Last time we heard you were doing SCIENCE! on SCIENCE! street. Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

no_recall posted:

Animating the "tickle" option is going to take some work. I'm sure.

Seriously? That's about the ONLY kind of scene she can do halfway well.

Halfway...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

Yeah, boo is sandy. MoMA is toast, Mirificus is money.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

trucutru posted:

Mirificus is money.

:eyepop:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

XK posted:

Trap sprung, Goonie! It turns out it is just someone pretending to be Sandi pretending to be a citizen!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

trucutru posted:

Yeah, boo is sandy. MoMA is toast, Mirificus is money.

But I wanted to be Money

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

It's a textbook goon trolling technique but we can still somehow use it to identify individuals at the same time

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Foo Diddley posted:

But I wanted to be Money

Money's gone.

All of it

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Samizdata posted:

Look, if you can't keep up with the thread, you'll have to go for mandatory marketing/acting training with Sandi. Sorry, I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.

(The Stimperor infects!)

Which is ironically literally the worst kind of marketing/acting training.

edit: do i have to use a comma between ironically and literally?

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Money's gone.

All of it

:gizz:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://gfycat.com/EnergeticPalatableBlackfootedferret
http://i.imgur.com/iegnRBq.gifv

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Okay, this one needs You Spin Me Right Round playing over it.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
ssss

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Snek agrees with you

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

"Destroyer of scriptures of defamation" :laffo:

Since hair is an attachment, all characters will wear Crobberts Wigs™.

Fake edit: Days since CIG last hosed up = 3

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I was just gonna say reset the counter. Any mention of Ortwin should qualify, or do backers somehow see him as an asset to the project?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:siren: CIG's 2FA is broken :siren:

Their previous post...

Days since CIG last hosed up = 0

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Citizen: I'm a clever fella, and I make no mistakes! Look at me go! Spending all my cash on internet spaceship futures!

*clicks link in "get a bigger penis" email*

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Quavers posted:

:siren: CIG's 2FA is broken :siren:

Their previous post...

Days since CIG last hosed up = 0

Save the address

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

That thread was amazing. I mean the guy blew in like a force of nature and completely ripped right through. Those /r/ds fools just played directly into his hands and they were all in attendance. Everyone got their turn I think. They didn't know what hit them.

Some of those guys went from saying it was me, to saying it was another Goon (RISC911). The disarray and theory-crafting was amazing.

That thread was amazing. We were chatting about it on my Discord channel late last night. Right up to the point where the guy noticed that his thread was removed. It's interesting how all the critical threads over there get removed. Then there is an outcry, and they come back. It happened to two such threads last week.

Apparently those guys there mass reported his thread (as they did to the others) and the auto-moderator removed it. But after this thread happened, it was manually brought back. The poor guy never stood a chance. I mean, look at the -25 downvotes just for asking a question as to why his post was removed. It's hilarious that before it was made known why the thread was removed, they were all speculating and trying to find a reason for his post to be removed. Of course they were all wrong.

Some have been attacking him for being me (aka DS) and over in the /r/DS someone else is now speculating that it's RISC911 (a Goon).

If you go to the guy's Reddit profile and read his comments, it's easy to see why the Usual Suspects would be threatened with reason. He went entirely against their narrative and totally ruffled some knickers.

These were my favorites. I even created an image album out of them because such p0wning needs to be archived for posterity.

1) About those guys on a hate sub-Reddit

Headshot:

quote:

If you think my response is harsh well think about all the other potential backers who don't bother to post anything but who by looking at these things just shake their heads and go away. You see how the Star Citizen community got its bad rap? This is how. Which is sad because every response I received here and which answered my questions and concerns were polite and informative. It is also very interesting to me that most of those people have never posted on /r/DerekSmart afaik.

2) on elevating DS to bogeyman

3) on DS undermining the project

4) LOL!!! takes on TheGremlich, Shitizen 96

5) About that famous lie that "the community voted to expanded the game scope"

6) About the need to raise money when the game is already late & over budget

7) LOL!! You mad, bro?

8) On DS being "jealous" of Star Citizen

9) LOL!! Apparently having no credit rating means you can still get business loans

10) About those pesky things like schedules

11) where they are now making excuses for why moons instead of planets are coming

12) The ever-shifting release date goal post