Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Got the SAW in a squad game earlier. We rolled around as an actual fire team and wrecked dudes. poo poo was awesome and we got a win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

God drat it uranium processing hurry up

Don't ask where those tier 1 assemblers are, I have no idea

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Where are the tier 1 assemblers

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

Where are the tier 1 assemblers

Found them just for you. Pictured bottom left: incomplete Death Star II

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Just played Overwatch for the first time in a couple of months and won three games in a row, felt real good spraying bullets in people's faces.

I realize that it was basically pure luck and I could just as easily have been owned hard by some sniper sperg from halfway across the map, but still.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pesticide20 posted:

Got the SAW in a squad game earlier. We rolled around as an actual fire team and wrecked dudes. poo poo was awesome and we got a win.

How fire team-y? Like Arma sperg lite calling out fire rates and bounding though contact? Did you call loa?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

That's overwatch.txt, you win three games in a row, then lose 6. Can be extremely frustrating to play that game alone. Although, sometimes you get matched up with a good team

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Slim Pickens posted:

How fire team-y? Like Arma sperg lite calling out fire rates and bounding though contact? Did you call loa?

Just composition wise, not full sperg

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Contact, bunny hopper, eleven o'clock, three hundred meters!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

That's overwatch.txt, you win three games in a row, then lose 6. Can be extremely frustrating to play that game alone. Although, sometimes you get matched up with a good team

It's all diminishing returns at this point. I've reached a bracket where my alcohol-dulled 30-something reflexes can't keep up with teenagers souped up on Monster energy drinks. It was good fun for a while though.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Some battle drill 1a on those fools.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

still fuckin pissed shadowplay didnt get maynard setting that jeep full of dudes on fire

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

still fuckin pissed shadowplay didnt get maynard setting that jeep full of dudes on fire

that wasn't me I smoked the boat with a saw a few days ago

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

that wasn't me I smoked the boat with a saw a few days ago

goddamn it you and pesticide sound too loving similar. i been giving you credit for that poo poo all night

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
it also failed to record me running over 2 guys with a boat. shadowplaaaaaay :argh:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

it also failed to record me running over 2 guys with a boat. shadowplaaaaaay :argh:

lmao did they not know that they can go underwater

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
A buddy just gifted me PUBG since he's been trying to get me to play it with him. Downloading right now.

I'll probably join you guys one of these nights.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

lmao did they not know that they can go underwater

we caught their slow guy on the beach and mowed him down. the other 3 were trying to get in the boat, but decided to swim for the far shore when we began lighting em up. i tore rear end down there and hoped in the boat, clocked one of em straight away then started spinning brodies around another til i clipped him. the last dude was smart and kept diving down when i got close. i tried to shoot him too but the water seems to stop everything. i eventually gave up and went back to pick up my dudes right before we got ambushed. it was real dumb and fun

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

we caught their slow guy on the beach and mowed him down. the other 3 were trying to get in the boat, but decided to swim for the far shore when we began lighting em up. i tore rear end down there and hoped in the boat, clocked one of em straight away then started spinning brodies around another til i clipped him. the last dude was smart and kept diving down when i got close. i tried to shoot him too but the water seems to stop everything. i eventually gave up and went back to pick up my dudes right before we got ambushed. it was real dumb and fun

This was dope as hell.

Me wasting ghole and whoever else that was was less so.

I was shooting to the side too so I have no idea at all how I dropped two of you

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

This was dope as hell.

Me wasting ghole and whoever else that was was less so.

I was shooting to the side too so I have no idea at all how I dropped two of you

kiwi witchery i suspect

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Yeah, I got that, but thanks to lag the video doesn't resemble what actually happened. On my screen, the jeep crashed into the houses before bursting into flames, but it looks like it actually happened in a grove of trees like 100m away? Whatever the case, I'll need to edit the footage I've got from the past few nights and post it here.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Whenever I play blizzard's heroes of the storm I wonder if I'm playing a dota-inspired game or pumping in mescaline. Is that something blizzard wanted to achieve?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nobnob posted:

Whenever I play blizzard's heroes of the storm I wonder if I'm playing a dota-inspired game or pumping in mescaline. Is that something blizzard wanted to achieve?

That is exactly what they were swinging for. The game is heavily based on DOTA.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

orange juche posted:

That is exactly what they were swinging for. The game is heavily based on DOTA.

Does that mean that if you play dota 1 and do drugs at the same time, you see blizzard's logo appear on the screen?
We need a scientist here.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nobnob posted:

Does that mean that if you play dota 1 and do drugs at the same time, you see blizzard's logo appear on the screen?
We need a scientist here.

You have to mainline mcdonalds schezuan sauce tbh.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

So far I am not good at PUBG. Be better when I start playing with friends. Right now I can't get into a fight and live. At all.

Edit: well I got two kills so that's cool.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 12:46 on May 2, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Every time I get down to the last 2 or 3 players in a round I get killed trying to throw a grenade

loving wind-up on those things is terrible

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Buca di Bepis posted:

Every time I get down to the last 2 or 3 players in a round I get killed trying to throw a grenade

loving wind-up on those things is terrible

Yeah and then they tend to slide on the ground past where you aimed them.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

No beacons?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

A buddy just gifted me PUBG since he's been trying to get me to play it with him. Downloading right now.

I'll probably join you guys one of these nights.

Hop into the discord. There's usually a full squad playing and one or two others looking for partners.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

At that time I had none, but now I have a logistics bot based speed module 3 production that IS beacon/speed module based. But now I gotta up my green circuit production again.
Edit: also im slowly getting prepared to get nucular power an poo poo on my game.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Pesticide20 posted:

Hop into the discord. There's usually a full squad playing and one or two others looking for partners.

I prob will in a few hours. I gotta go run some errands and jazz but I'll join you nerds sometime this afternoon.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
tbh theres a lot of fucky poo poo with pubgs shooting, and sometimes you will just get hosed by lag. i think your best bet to get a handle on the shooting mechanics is play a bunch of solo games and head to high traffic areas right off the bat. youll die fast and a lot, but youll also get way more combat time and experience than if you drop in to some abandoned spot then spend a half hour looting before you get ambushed and shot in the back

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

the netcode isn't wonderful either as shown by me rubberbanding all over the loving place

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Another fun way to get used to combat is to solo queue into squad with auto matchmaking off.

Also don't get into a boat with Two Finger because he'll curve the bullets like he's Angelina Jolie and shoot you out of the driver seat while he's clearly aiming away from the boat.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

shouldn't the merchant marine be good at boats tho? makes u think

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Reverand maynard posted:

shouldn't the merchant marine be good at boats tho? makes u think

balanced out by my negative skill with guns due to being a kiwi unfortunately

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

tbh theres a lot of fucky poo poo with pubgs shooting, and sometimes you will just get hosed by lag. i think your best bet to get a handle on the shooting mechanics is play a bunch of solo games and head to high traffic areas right off the bat. youll die fast and a lot, but youll also get way more combat time and experience than if you drop in to some abandoned spot then spend a half hour looting before you get ambushed and shot in the back

Yeah I played a bunch of matches this morning but I did the exact opposite of that. Turns out I'm okay at playing "hide and go murder" when I'm out in the sticks. I made top 10 three times. Getting better. The shooting is definitely wonky, but I imagine it'll get better as they continue to develop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
Quake Champions has lifted the NDA for media but it's still in place for normal people. So if you want to see a lot of really bad gameplay you can check out youtube.