Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bardeh posted:

Does he do all this himself? It's some pretty slick production for one dude sitting at a computer.

I think his sponsors and fans send him stuff to use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Not sure if he streams but Aculite's youtube stuff is pretty great. Informative and calm dude.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Just got this game, was able to snag a #1 on my 7th or 8th match. Got a good start, picked up gear and then hopped in a buggy and went towards what I thought was going to be the center. On the way I ran into a care package and got an m249. Camped in a building in the last couple of zones, then it switched and I had to run. Got the drop on the guy who had the best spot camping in the last circle. Then as the 2nd to last guy was running, shot him once and he panicked and died to the zone closing in. :feelsgood:

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
How do you zero in your sights?

e: vvv Awesome, thanks.

Bareback Werewolf fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 2, 2017

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Bareback Werewolf posted:

How do you zero in your sights?

pg up
pg down

edit: you have to be ADS to zero

boar guy fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 2, 2017

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gay Horney posted:

Serious question: Why do you guys watch other people play video games?

More interesting than watching hockey. I never watch live games but I like to watch neat highlights. Usually if I get off work super late and I'm still on a caffeine high I'll go to my media room and stream some YouTube poo poo to my tv and watch from the couch and after a 1/2 hour I'll be sleepy and go to bed.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does resing get disabled at some point? We just lost a game because my buddy couldn't res me near the very end.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

If the circle is ending in the fields... don't forget to stock up on shotgun ammo.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/139521472

Edit: Looking back, the Khaki jacket and the lighter of the two level 2 helmets probably helped.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

fadam posted:

Does resing get disabled at some point? We just lost a game because my buddy couldn't res me near the very end.

Cant res while proned, for one. That may be it?

Anyone else getting a bug where they can't heal/use stims after taking damage? I don't know how to fix it. I cycle through weapons, take a shot, alt tab in and out, I don't know what works it just eventually goes through. It happened 3 times today in separate games.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Markiplier is the worst game streamer. Holy poo poo.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

jonathan posted:

Markiplier is the worst game streamer. Holy poo poo.

What does he do? I have no idea who he is, really besides a youtuber. I was at PAX last year, and there was a huge line for something. I asked an older lady what they were in line for and she gushed "Markiplier" like I should know what she was talking about.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I have no idea what he's about other than a year ago I was trying to watch some review videos of assetto Corsa VR or something, and came across him, and pretty much thought "holy gently caress is this guy for real ? Did he go to YouTuber school for failed 70's pop radio DJ's ?"

Basically gently caress anyone who has adopted the insane over loud fast speak. Empty Box is pretty chill. He does racing sim stuff. Totalbiscuit or whatever is ok. Frankie is witty and funny but was exposed as a cheater. I wish someone would set up a boxing match for YouTubers kinda like when lowtax got his bell rung.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Got my first chicken dinner. Feels real good. I was in the one lone shack in the middle of a forest. Circle kept closing in on it. They had no choice but to come to me.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Man I just had a nice game where I managed to get pretty loaded up with a SCAR + Silencer + 4x, killed 2 dudes and got an AWM off one and i was carrying a sniper silencer from the first house I looted, killed a dude with that and then made the stupid mistake in one of the final 2 circles where I was racing the blue zone and made it right as it hit the white line while under fire so I didn't realize it and just saw the blue (now defunct old white one but not closing in) line and kept going right into the jaws of death. Was nice and poised for a potentially strong finish.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Came across my first definite cheater yesterday.

Was playing as a squad of 3 with two mates, down to final 15-20 or so, we were camped up in a red 2 story in the middle of the circle, all in different rooms spread across the two floors away from windows, all simultaneously knocked out via headshot by the same guy.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Efexeye posted:

pg up
pg down

edit: you have to be ADS to zero

:wrong: You can zero in at any time.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Came across my first definite cheater yesterday.

Was playing as a squad of 3 with two mates, down to final 15-20 or so, we were camped up in a red 2 story in the middle of the circle, all in different rooms spread across the two floors away from windows, all simultaneously knocked out via headshot by the same guy.

Wonder how long this will turn into The Division levels of hacking

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/1vdr5
https://streamable.com/wvfqa

Had some fun on the southern island, killed three dudes by piling or ramming out of the UAZ, then became one with the bush.

Got totally screwed on the last circle through.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 08:39 on May 2, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://streamable.com/1vdr5
https://streamable.com/wvfqa

Had some fun on the southern island, killed three dudes by piling or ramming out of the UAZ, then became one with the bush.

Got totally screwed on the last circle through.

Some people are really bad at roadblocking the bridge.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/139544910

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Some people are really bad at roadblocking the bridge.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/139544910

gently caress crossing the bridge. You swim like that one weed smoking dude with the funny shaped torso.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Bridge troll is hilarious to play, there's still so many people crossing the bridge using a vehicle when the shores are peppered with boats all over the place

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
https://pubg.me/
Site to view player stats.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Fauxshiz posted:

Cant res while proned, for one. That may be it?

Anyone else getting a bug where they can't heal/use stims after taking damage? I don't know how to fix it. I cycle through weapons, take a shot, alt tab in and out, I don't know what works it just eventually goes through. It happened 3 times today in separate games.

Drop the weapon you're using and pick it up again.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Paradigmata posted:

https://pubg.me/
Site to view player stats.

That's the most pointless poo poo. Why would anyone care about stats at this point in development? I don't understand nerds

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Yesterday I dreamt I bought an AK. Too much game?

Nah.

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY
After 30-ish games of the last week I got my first solo win yesterday, It was 4 alive with the circle down to 100 meter diameter and the other 3 people just died to gas rather than take a risk and run in.. a bit disappointing, but that chicken dinner still tastes so good.

One thing that I am terrible at, or rather I recognise that there must be some art to it, is parachuting at the start. No matter if it's near or far from the flight line someone else is always on the ground super fast or further than I could reach. I know of the speed decent trick (full forward and w to get to speed >234 then just before normal shoot opening release w) I just haven't had it work for me. What is your prefered jump style at the start, what gets you where you're going ?

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

PHOOsun posted:

One thing that I am terrible at, or rather I recognise that there must be some art to it, is parachuting at the start. No matter if it's near or far from the flight line someone else is always on the ground super fast or further than I could reach. I know of the speed decent trick (full forward and w to get to speed >234 then just before normal shoot opening release w) I just haven't had it work for me. What is your prefered jump style at the start, what gets you where you're going ?

Pretty sure you just face the horizon and hold W to accelerate horizontally.

We tend to just drop somewhere quiet to gear up because early round boxing matches can lead to losing teammates, which sucks for whoever has to sit out the rest of the round. Different story in solo I guess, though.

Teratrain fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 2, 2017

ya got moxie kid!
Apr 22, 2006
what
Finally managed to get dinner. After spending the entire round running away from anything sign of movement, I managed to get all three kills in the last few minutes. After the two of the final four killed each other with a frag, I ended up hiding in a bush frantically looking around for the last person. Which wouldn't have been a problem, except I didn't have anything other than pistol ammo. I'm still not sure how I was able to even hit them.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Meme Emulator posted:

Fuckboy is what woke people say instead of human being. Its got the same strong f sound and is used in exactly the same way

Not a slur is preferable to a slur but when theyre used in the exact same context and in the exact same way is it really that different?

I wouldn't know I just call people faggots or n*ggers because I identify as a 10 year old when I'm on the interwebs.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
Hey guys, please add me for some squad fun! http://steamcommunity.com/id/thirdlime

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Hey guys, please add me for some squad fun! http://steamcommunity.com/id/thirdlime

Your best bet is to join the discord in the op, it's the easiest way to get a squad together.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

bees everywhere posted:

Your best bet is to join the discord in the op, it's the easiest way to get a squad together.

Thanks for the info!

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

"PHOOsun" posted:

It seems a lot of people have trouble with this so I'll do a short writeup.

Fastest straight down is the easiest. Hold forward (w) while looking straight down. Just as the altitude reaches the hight where you autodeploy lift your finger off the forwardbutton for a split second, then press it again.

For distance you need to deploy your parachute early. For referance, if you deploy about half way down you will travel about 2km (2 squares on the map). As soon as your parachute is out you should start doing a pendulum-motion with your toon. Hold forward until you stop swinging back, then release until you move all the way forward. Rince and repeat. This will keep your momentum up, while also carry you a great distance.

And remember to shoot the noob who didn't make the jump!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Interesting post:

http://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/2311-how-does-the-zeroingscopes-work/#comment-64493

quote:

the 4x needs to be zeroed to 300m in order to work properly. If done, the central intersection of the lines are 300m, the top of the chevron are 100m, the inner point of the chevron are 200m. See this graphic for reference:

You can also estimate the distance to the target with this reticle.The width of the chevron's bottom is the width of a normal sized person at 300m. The horizontal lines below at 400, 500, 600, etc are respective widths at those distances.

The 15x works a bit different, it's a mildot-reticle. It lets you calculate the distance to your target at longer ranges. You take the height of your target in meters (let's assume a person is 1.8m in height) and divide it by the number of dots the person covers. Then multiply the result by 1000.
Example: A target covers 3.5 mildots. We assume a 1.8m tall person and divide the 1.8m by the 3.5 mildots he/she covers. 1.8 / 3.5 = 0.51~. Multiplied by 1000 gives us a distance to target of around 510m.
Now you can zero your 15x to 500.

Don't forget that you also have to compensate for elevation differences. If your target is higher than you, you need to aim a bit higher than normal.

I'll have to try this out as I can't hit anything for poo poo with a 4x.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Counterpoint

Picer posted:

For distance you need to deploy your parachute early.

https://streamable.com/m3hcr

If you take too long about it people can just run you over.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Picer posted:

It seems a lot of people have trouble with this so I'll do a short writeup.

Fastest straight down is the easiest. Hold forward (w) while looking straight down. Just as the altitude reaches the hight where you autodeploy lift your finger off the forwardbutton for a split second, then press it again.

For distance you need to deploy your parachute early. For referance, if you deploy about half way down you will travel about 2km (2 squares on the map). As soon as your parachute is out you should start doing a pendulum-motion with your toon. Hold forward until you stop swinging back, then release until you move all the way forward. Rince and repeat. This will keep your momentum up, while also carry you a great distance.

And remember to shoot the noob who didn't make the jump!

So I have found that releasing the forward key just before auto-deploy and keeping it unpressed until ~70kph gave you the fastest time to ground.

Also in order to traverse the fastest while still in free fall, hold forward while looking straight up.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Counterpoint

That has to be like a 5km jump. On a normal longjump there shouldn't be a chance in hell of a car beating you.

ControlledBurn
Sep 7, 2006

Frost his bag!

Counterpoint

Counter-counterpoint. Don't land in a wide open area in which to be run down.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Picer posted:

That has to be like a 5km jump. On a normal longjump there shouldn't be a chance in hell of a car beating you.

It was probably about a three, we landed at the garage on the road next to the whole set of warehouses and just grabbed the car because another squad had already entered the house. Guy was in the air for an extra 45 seconds to a minute.

edit: these ones

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Canuckistan posted:

Interesting post:

http://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/2311-how-does-the-zeroingscopes-work/#comment-64493

I'll have to try this out as I can't hit anything for poo poo with a 4x.

It's the first thing I tried with the ACOG since that's how they work irl. It's not great with this game.

• Locked thread