Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Pochoclo posted:

What are you talking about? Argentinian beef is 100% free range.

The only one in Europe that comes close is Ávila. Have you actually been to Argentina and eaten asado? NOTE: Argentinian eateries outside of Argentina do not count

Man Scotland basically invented beef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Pochoclo posted:

The only one in Europe that comes close is Ávila. Have you actually been to Argentina and eaten asado?

I have it was really disappointing.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Pissflaps posted:

I have it was really disappointing.

You must have gone to a lovely place. Next time you go there shoot me a PM I'll give you a list of decent places. Also the best asado is the home-made one I'm afraid.

Or alternatively you're just being Pissflaps.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

jBrereton posted:

No, I'm saying that people on HB are more or less like any other tenant, but typically with less stuff to put up as collateral/less chance of successfully getting the money you are owed if it ends up in small claims court. I can understand why banks won't lend to landlords in that instance, and hence why landlords are reluctant to take them on as a result.

More housing being built would help this unfortunate situation.

Disagree with this. I was on a very nice job and had a bunch of nice things prior to having to claim housing benefit.

The apartment I ended up finding had a no DSS policy, so I lied to them. gently caress em, it worked.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
i really like big macs

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Pochoclo posted:

That's changing unfortunately:
https://www.dandc.eu/en/article/cattle-industry-argentina-changing-rapidly-not-better

Even so there's the matter of shippin meat across the globe when it can be farmed locally.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Pochoclo posted:

You must have gone to a lovely place. Next time you go there shoot me a PM I'll give you a list of decent places. Also the best asado is the home-made one I'm afraid.

Or alternatively you're just being Pissflaps.

Pretty weird to attempt to dismiss all European cuisine on the basis of your home cooking.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

knox_harrington posted:

Pretty weird to attempt to dismiss all European cuisine on the basis of your home cooking.

His Divine Shadow posted:

That's changing unfortunately:
https://www.dandc.eu/en/article/cattle-industry-argentina-changing-rapidly-not-better

Even so there's the matter of shippin meat across the globe when it can be farmed locally.

Nevermind, I concede, nuke my country, tia

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Pochoclo posted:

Nevermind, I concede, nuke my country, tia

Try any funny business with the Falklands again and you might just get your wish.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Pissflaps posted:

Try any funny business with the Falklands again and you might just get your wish.

Don't worry, we have a neoliberal government now. We can all be friends while privatising everything, under the glorious banner of unchecked capitalism.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Oberleutnant posted:

i really like big macs
I find the laptops suit my workflow much better.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Oberleutnant posted:

i really like big macs

theres an awful lot wrong with this post

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Oberleutnant posted:

i really like big macs
The McDouble is a strong contender for the cheapest and most nutritious food in human history in cost per calorie and RDA of protein, fibre, fat, and calcium.

Of course, a chunk of that comes from working practices.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Pochoclo posted:

Don't worry, we have a neoliberal government now. We can all be friends while privatising everything, under the glorious banner of unchecked capitalism.

Good job no neoliberal government has ever gone to war with another country for spurious reasons

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Pissflaps posted:

How would you know you don't have PMs.

I do, and you are.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Uh... What the gently caress happened here http://www.itv.com/news/2017-05-02/...nterview-gaffe/

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Dianne Abbott happened.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

We already talked about it, you missed your chance to breathlessly run in and call it a car cra-*BONG*

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
I get no catharsis from elsewhere, everyone sane is trying to ignore this election as far as it's humanly possible

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Oh man I can't believe someone got their numbers messed up lol

*fucks a severed pigs head*

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Ratjaculation posted:

Oh man I can't believe someone got their numbers messed up lol

*fucks a severed pigs head*

'lol it's just numbers' -Dianne Abbott

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Pochoclo posted:

Don't even get me started, loving immigrants are the worst, they come here and steal our jobs, eat our houses, buy our food, drink our polluted air, and they don't integrate! They should all get deported! Tories will build a great wall around the country, vote Tories.

* is immigrant *

The best BBQ recipe is this:

- Get some argentinian meat and a bag of lumber coal. Flank steak and short ribs are the essential cuts.
- Start early. This whole process will take 4-6 hours
- Get a large grill, none of that pussy yankee backyard baseball BBQ stuff. It needs to be adjustable so you can raise and lower it over the embers
- Build a proper fire (google this, I dunno), break up the coals and spread the embers under the grill
- Rub some coarse salt on the meat, this is all the seasoning you should ever need, if you use BBQ sauce I will find you and kill you for ruining perfectly good cuts
- Put it on the fire
- What follows is several hours of slow-cooking the meat, turning it over, raising/lowering the grill, checking it, and drinking wine and talking
- Since you're European and used to lovely meats your first instinct will be to consider "rare" the best cooking point. I urge you to experiment a bit - this slow cooking open grill method, if done properly, will yield delicious brown caramelised fats and juicy juicy tender bites that are not red at all. But it's an acquired talent to cook the meat this way. Expect your first few asados to be a bit over/undercooked. You'll learn eventually.

So is Currasco a yay or nay with this?

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
This is a fun thread.

https://twitter.com/josephcorcoran/status/859332399066484736

tldr: someone revealed a Labour candidate Trevor Merralls (@TrevorMerralls) previously called for the eradication of muslims (at that time he used a different Twitter acct @wellingblueboy). Bryn Phillips, a Labour community organiser and occasional Guardian "contributor" is breathlessly tweeting away saying it's a smear, photoshopped, lies, not the same guy, etc, despite people showing him:

a- the original tweet from @wellingblueboy is archived on web.archive.org
b- Bryn himself tweeted last year that the user of @wellingblueboy account is Trevor Merralls
c- The Tweet in B STILL EXISTS:

https://twitter.com/Bryn__Phillips/status/802848948234944512

But he still says it's fake

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

'lol it's just numbers' -Dianne Abbott

I get that it's pretty poo poo to gently caress up an interview like that, but do you think they just wing it when it comes to implementing the policy for real?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Remember that London cabbies protested against TfL not applying their English language policy in a racist way.

TinTower fucked around with this message at 12:48 on May 2, 2017

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Pochoclo posted:

The only one in Europe that comes close is Ávila. Have you actually been to Argentina and eaten asado? NOTE: Argentinian eateries outside of Argentina do not count

TIL Argentinians are very protective over their overcooked beef.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Why the duck does anyone let Abbot or Livingstone near a microphone? I've got my head in my hands watching Abbot get her ares ripped out on the Daily Pols and getting increasingly shrill and petulant. Of course, Dominic Raab is like a pig in poo poo scoring open goals.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Spuckuk posted:

When you live in a lovely country you take pride in what you can.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Praseodymi posted:

I get that it's pretty poo poo to gently caress up an interview like that, but do you think they just wing it when it comes to implementing the policy for real?

I think all parties wing it from time to time. The idea is to not look like you are.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
It's cool Abbot has managed to take a great policy and turn the media narrative into how much of a gently caress up labour are.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Jam Man's friends sure do get themselves in a Pickle

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Actor forgets lines, news at 11.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Was it worse than the aussie green lady?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

MikeCrotch posted:

I know people who pretty much think that anything outside of the M25 is savage undifferentiated wilderness, so this doesn't surprise me in the least

Yeah those loving idiots, everyone knows the known world ends at the A406.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Abbot unable to get her point across? No way. I assume she's good at her job but they need to hide her from ever having to talk to anyone.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Spuckuk posted:

Horses for courses.
You wouldnt do pocholos technique to a prime cut, they just dont have the right fat and collagen content to support that. But it will make the stringiest, chewiest cuts into something divine.

Also you get a lot more of the latter for the price of the former.

Get angry at people that turn a ribeye into a charcoal briquette.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

Ewan posted:

This is a fun thread.
tldr: someone revealed a Labour candidate Trevor Merralls (@TrevorMerralls) previously called for the eradication of muslims (at that time he used a different Twitter acct @wellingblueboy). Bryn Phillips, a Labour community organiser and occasional Guardian "contributor" is breathlessly tweeting away saying it's a smear, photoshopped, lies, not the same guy, etc, despite people showing him:

a- the original tweet from @wellingblueboy is archived on web.archive.org
b- Bryn himself tweeted last year that the user of @wellingblueboy account is Trevor Merralls
c- The Tweet in B STILL EXISTS:

But he still says it's fake

https://twitter.com/Bryn__Phillips/status/859370453403672577

Utterly bizarre.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
https://twitter.com/daily_politics

Some Abbott reaction in there, plus a Blair 20th anniversary tribute for those who like that sort of thing. There's also this

https://twitter.com/daily_politics/status/859352733245202432

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/george_osborne/status/859362035859062784

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Jedit posted:

More like until after she leaves. It's vitally important that nobody know where May is campaigning because they might be tempted to pass political comment with a thrown brick. Not that I would advocate it, but if May was killed or rendered incapable right now the entire Tory party would collapse into infighting so fast that Labour would look like an autocracy.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson

• Locked thread