Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

sassassin posted:

If you can wish back a building or some underwear you can wish back an android

Yeah, but not in the same wish because he's not a NINGEN like the rest of them.

Anyway, Goku can't even be arsed to wish back King Kai after like 10 years or whatever the timeline is. He's definitely not gonna wish back the robot who likes birds and wants to murder him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Most of Goku's friends have tried to murder him at one point or another.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
That's why Zeno is holding this tournament. He knows he can never truly be Goku's friend until he has tried to murder him

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Do they even need a wish? Bulma could build another one.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

HitTheTargets posted:

Do they even need a wish? Bulma could build another one.

With all the world-destroying terrors Bulma has seen first hand and how lackadaisical her friends are at dealing with them, I'm surprised that Bulma didn't pull a Dr. Gero and start looking into making combat androids, except instead of killing Goku their mission would be to protect the Earth.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

With all the world-destroying terrors Bulma has seen first hand and how lackadaisical her friends are at dealing with them, I'm surprised that Bulma didn't pull a Dr. Gero and start looking into making combat androids, except instead of killing Goku their mission would be to protect the Earth.

Bulma knows whats shes doing, half sayajins are stronger than combat androids.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Rutibex posted:

Bulma knows whats shes doing, half sayajins are stronger than combat androids.

Guys, what if we make half Saiyan Androids?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Bulma's smart enough she could probably combine androids, Saiyans, Namekians, and maybe even Freezers.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

HitTheTargets posted:

Bulma's smart enough she could probably combine androids, Saiyans, Namekians, and maybe even Freezers.

We call that "Cell".

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

We call that "Cell".

Bulma made sure to keep Cells shell pod, she has a sample of his DNA and can grow a new one if she needs to.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

who's to say Bulma hasn't been growing a godkiller in her basement this whole time? :tinfoil:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

bulma's got her own Cell further augmented with buu, beerus, and whis DNA

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kanos posted:

Honestly though if their mission was to protect the Earth at some point they would decide killing Goku is the best way to do that.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Crabtree posted:

Guys, what if we make half Saiyan Androids?

Gotta wait until Trunks turn 18 and bam.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

can you imagine if dr gero had waited a bit longer and got buu cells or watever? or beerus cells?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Imagine if the robot from the last tournament has now spent some time in therapy and is no longer so vulnerable to name-calling.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

IcePhoenix posted:

Honestly though if their mission was to protect the Earth at some point they would decide killing Goku is the best way to do that.

Killing Goku would have been an answer pre-Freeza. Now the galaxy knows that Some Saiyan killed the most powerful being in the universe, then went back to his home planet, Earth. People looking for the best fight now know they can get it on Earth, so they probably need Goku.

Plus Freeza's not going to be dead again forever.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

sassassin posted:

Imagine if the robot from the last tournament has now spent some time in therapy and is no longer so vulnerable to name-calling.

He might be pretty mean in a match where people aren't allowed to fly.

Also imagine how mean the bear would be in a tournament without ring out rules.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Kanos posted:

He might be pretty mean in a match where people aren't allowed to fly.

Also imagine how mean the bear would be in a tournament without ring out rules.

Magetta and Botamo are a dream team and they will win the tournament for Universe 6.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Condiv posted:

can you imagine if dr gero had waited a bit longer and got buu cells or watever? or beerus cells?

I don't think Buu has biological "cells". He is a genie man created by a wizard. Buu is magic, not science.

What Bulma needs to do is resurrect and learn magic from Babadi

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

sassassin posted:

Four months of therapy will allow him to transform into Shin Magetta.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Rutibex posted:

I don't think Buu has biological "cells". He is a genie man created by a wizard. Buu is magic, not science.

What Bulma needs to do is resurrect and learn magic from Babadi

don't give me that, we saw what he looks like inside!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

OB_Juan posted:

Killing Goku would have been an answer pre-Freeza. Now the galaxy knows that Some Saiyan killed the most powerful being in the universe, then went back to his home planet, Earth. People looking for the best fight now know they can get it on Earth, so they probably need Goku.

Plus Freeza's not going to be dead again forever.
What Goku ought to do is share out some of his loving secret techniques. It's understandable that he doesn't want to teach that poo poo to Vegeta, but surely Big Green can be trusted with the Spirit Bomb and Instant Transmission. #17 also seems like a good dude now.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Weird that Vegeta isn't interested in the kaoiken

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Sefal posted:

Yeah, a technique where you become exponentially stronger at the cost of potentially killing yourself if you don't control it perfectly basically seems tailor made for Vegeta. I'm pretty sure he'd make a hobby out of trying to maintain SSB Kaioken longer than Goku.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Sefal posted:

Why would he be? It was made obsolete by Super Saiyan.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Please don't troll the Dragon Ball thread Sassassin

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If you want to headcanon this, just imagine he tried to learn it (and every other Goku move) the same way he did Super Saiyan: off-screen and unassisted.

He clearly failed.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

In the English Dub he says he has seen something similar before and wasn't impressed. Next time he might see it was the freiza fight but he might have been dead by then. After that it's not until the tournament and by that point he was more interested in getting trained by an angel.

In short, he thinks it's a scrub move that is below him.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Vegeta likes the hard way of doing things, its not in his character to use a move like Kaio-Ken.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

The Kaioken quite literally IS the hard way of doing things. It's a technique that literally kills you if you gently caress it up, and how long you can use it and how effective it is depends entirely on your personal skill and control; even with perfect control you can only delay it kicking your rear end. Hell, the entire reason why Goku stopped using it was because it was way, way harder than Super Saiyan to use.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Nuh uh you just shout a number and get magically more powerful

Everyone should obviously be using it all the time, on top of their other techniques

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
At some level Vegeta probably knows that he can't be trusted with that kind of technique because eventually he will kill himself with it.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rand Brittain posted:

At some level Vegeta probably knows that he can't be trusted with that kind of technique because eventually he will kill himself with it.

Vegeta's last words, before accidentally detonating himself with enough force to shatter the planet:
"I'M THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR, AND PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS! KAIOKEN TIMES A MILLION"

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

deadly_pudding posted:

Vegeta's last words, before accidentally detonating himself with enough force to shatter the planet:
"I'M THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR, AND PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS! KAIOKEN TIMES A MILLION"

I'd like to think that he'd just poof into a cloud of ash before he can get the second half of "MILLION" out.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
He'd hold it long enough for it to not be good enough, then explode.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If anything I'd like to see Piccolo, Buu or Cell use Kaioken with their whole regeneration thing. Maybe they could let pieces of themselves get crushed and just regrow them.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crabtree posted:

If anything I'd like to see Piccolo, Buu or Cell use Kaioken with their whole regeneration thing. Maybe they could let pieces of themselves get crushed and just regrow them.

Buu should be able to use Kaio-ken, he can use any technique he has seen once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Just finished catching up on the past four episodes. This arc owns.
Vegeta's smug look of triumph after changing his daughter's diaper was amazing.

Augus fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 3, 2017

• Locked thread