Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cavs legend Ben Wallace looking good

https://twitter.com/KGArea21/status/859203311341371392

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

RCarr posted:

Only the truly great players can tell when they are on a fast break.

Lol

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/BustedCollege/status/859200520984170496

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Salt (bae) and burn American culture

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

quote:

Dahntay Jones made $9,000 from Cavs this season. He just got fined $6,000 for 2 techs and an ejection.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Dahntay Jones has got to be losing money paying for the Cavs actually

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Oooooooh weeeeee boy

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
if you thought the warriors couldnt get more insufferable, then boy do i have news for you!!

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19287923/golden-state-warriors-preferred-play-los-angeles-clippers-next-part-enjoy-la-nightlife

quote:

Which do they prefer: The nightlife of Salt Lake City, or Los Angeles?

"No comparison. There's no such thing, man," Warriors' forward Matt Barnes told ESPN. "There's no nightlife in Utah. Obviously, as players, you want to be able to have a little bit of a nightlife, but the main focus is winning games. Me personally, I want to get out there because I want to beat the Clippers. That's my former team, and my kids are out there. But as far as nightlife, there's no comparison to nightlife in Utah and L.A."

"The problem with Utah is that you're just sitting there and your mind is, like, dead, because in L.A., you still got energy for the game," Andre Iguodala said. "Because you're in L.A., you're like, 'Man, this is just the vibe in L.A.' but in Utah, it can kind of lull you to sleep. And then you've slept too long or I'm bored out of my mind and now you got to try to pump yourself up for the game. You know you're in the playoffs and you're supposed to be pumped anyway, but the vibe is just like, 'Man, let's just get out of here.'"

"I'm sure it's probably clubs, but I've never been to one in Utah," Kevin Durant told ESPN. "It's a few restaurants close to the hotel, but you're not scattered out. L.A. is just bigger. That's the only difference. But preparation wise, my approach is the same as in any other city."

Barnes doesn't know what he'll do with his spare time on the road this series.

"You sit in your room," he said on Sunday. "I think there's an Olive Garden out there and then a Benihana. So you'll definitely be locked in [on the game] all the way. L.A., you have a few more dinner options. You've got the beach right there and the sun, and I got family. I think as players, we're pulling to go to L.A."

its somewhat fascinating to see how much farther iggy can plumb thr depths of my dislike for him

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 2, 2017

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

making GBS threads on salt lake for being boring as gently caress is actually cool and normal. It would be insufferable if they said they enjoyed playing there because it let them focus on basketball and optimized breadsticks

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
im not sure anything the warriors do isnt insufferable anymore

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

ex post facho posted:

if you thought the warriors couldnt get more insufferable, then boy do i have news for you!!

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19287923/golden-state-warriors-preferred-play-los-angeles-clippers-next-part-enjoy-la-nightlife

its somewhat fascinating to see how much farther iggy can plumb thr depths of my dislike for him

So Basically the one ESPN basketball reporter they didn't fire is now at press conferences asking players to compare the nightlife then writing up their answers as confrontational drama clickbait neato

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
It's more insufferable to get fake outraged over some pointless answers to a question purposely posed to try to create drama about a dramaless series. Every single team including the team that plays in utah would've answered that they prefer the la nightlife

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Draymond green told the reporter to gently caress himself that they're focused on the playoffs and curry said that no one on the team cares about the nightlife during the playoffs!? *flips table over, pulls pants down, shits diarrhea all over the keyboard, rubs face back and forth across the keyboard, hits submit reply*

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

don't sign yo psot

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
smdh they're only 4 hours from zion np check out this happenin nightlife

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

*gordon hayward's phone starts vibrating on the table*

What? I told them not to text me unless it's an emergency while I'm watching the dota2 majors

*gets a text from joe johnson saying that the warriors just said that la has a better nightlife than utah*

*hayward sighs, closes the twitch tab and opens skype* I'll have to call tim duncan and tell him to cancel tonight's wow raid, I gotta go to bed early tonight to hit the gym in the morning

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm going to take the Warriors comments at a shot against the Clippers

Like "drat we could have partied and knocked them out in five without breaking a sweat"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/nbaayy/status/859210820219056128

LeBron needs to go full Steve Austin

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 2, 2017

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i mean how much bad blood could there be between the warriors and the jazz, a little hometown dissing could livens things right up

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

ex post facho posted:

i mean how much bad blood could there be between the warriors and the jazz, a little hometown dissing could livens things right up

Matt Barnes wants revenge for the 2007 playoffs apparently.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Hand Knit posted:

Also give me a new title for the GDT, because Lance is no more.

DeKobe vs LeBron: the matchup we've been waiting for

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Punkin Spunkin posted:

gently caress I got so high I left the house with my fear the beard shirt on without realizing the metaphysical ramifications
#trader

how much does it cost to have you do this for the next 3 games.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

*gordon hayward's phone starts vibrating on the table*

What? I told them not to text me unless it's an emergency while I'm watching the dota2 majors

*gets a text from joe johnson saying that the warriors just said that la has a better nightlife than utah*

*hayward sighs, closes the twitch tab and opens skype* I'll have to call tim duncan and tell him to cancel tonight's wow raid, I gotta go to bed early tonight to hit the gym in the morning

gordon heyward plays league. jeremy lin is the one that got a head start on the new ranked season in dota. god

lebron knocking back a few cold ones before each game might leave the raptors with a chance

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Rockets Bitch

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

AFF, what are your predictions for the rest of the series?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

big boi posted:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

big boi posted:

You just quoted them

edit gently caress beaten

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

That's an awfully speculative thing to say with such confidence. Last year's SAS was number eight all time, and 2500 minutes of Harden would have not only been dramatically better production than the Parker/Mills/Simmons/Ginobili minutes it replaced, but would have a huge effect on everyone else. Adding a super star to a 60 win team seems like a pretty reasonable way to get an all time top 5 squad.

The 2017 Spurs are different from the 2016 Spurs. It's not a given that adding Harden to the Spurs automatically puts them in the 11 to 12+ SRS range. I think it'd be outlandish to call that Spurs team a favorite since GSW is already an insane superteam with a third option having the ability to get sixty points in three quarters and a defensive juggernaut fourth option. However, I'd feel somewhat comfortable saying Harden + LBJ on the 2017 Spurs > 2017 GSW.

2017 GSW having an 11.35 SRS with an injured Durant is close in ranking but noticeably higher than a 2016 SAS team with a 10.28 SRS. If Durant played the whole season this year it would've been even higher. Possibly the highest ever.

It must be emphasized how stacked last year's WC was. You had two of the top ten SRS teams of all-time in GSW and SAS and then you had OKC which had arguably the greatest duo ever on paper (Durant/Westbrook both with a WS/48 above .24). The only other team to have that in NBA history was the 1952 Lakers with Vern Mikkelsen and George Mikan. Think of all the great tandems that've played together. Only two did the double .24 WS/48 thing.

I'd be curious if more people would rather build a team starting with Curry/Durant or with Kawhi/Harden.

"I [Sam Smith] am grading according to how well players performed based on what we expected them to do or not do."

MCW and Cameron Payne get Ds while Rondo/Wade get a B and a C. Holy :lol:. This grading scale makes no sense. Sam Smith should spend a night in Cook County Jail for this one.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 2, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Zogo posted:

GSW is already an insane superteam with a third option having the ability to get sixty points in three quarters and a defensive juggernaut fourth option.

Steals are not the same thing as defense Steph Curry is not a "defensive juggernaut" ha ha ha

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

EvanTH posted:

Steals are not the same thing as defense Steph Curry is not a "defensive juggernaut" ha ha ha

I think he is referring to Draymond Threen who sometimes catches fire to become a fourth option for the W's offense

His scoring has been a lot less consistent this year and he's regressed on being able to finish drives with a soft shot, but both of those are because Durant is around and he's usually doing the right thing by choosing to be a playmaker rather than a scorer.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
All of these STATS ignore the impossible to quantify shookness levels of GSW, who did, in fact, blow a 3--1 lead in the finals

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I want to say how much fun it is to watch the Rockets hit 3's, that Thunder series made me forget what it's like to see that. On top of that, I got to witness a playoff Kyle "Wilt"jer hit a playoff three.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/DJJazzyJody/status/859163625335816192

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Jingles is cool.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/ramzy/status/859372043489480704

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

J.R. Smith seems like he'd be a fun friend to have but maybe take an Uber

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Boy it sure is irritating getting demolished by a dialed-in Moreyball team.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Houston also blew out OKC in game one with every game after that being very close. San Antonio is better than OKC

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think the bigger issue for the Spurs is that they shot less than 40% against the Rockets defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tae posted:

I think the bigger issue for the Spurs is that they shot less than 40% against the Rockets defense.

Soooooo many missed layups. Also every Ryan Anderson deep three makes me irl mad, I dunno what it is about that guy but I resent his 3s the most.

• Locked thread