Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

"cucked"
"cuck"

The standard to become a CC must be very low :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Thanks to Hazdoc, wdarkk, and Scoots for stringing along with a 52% scrub lord for the evening :shobon:

Divving up is definitely the best way to play this silly game.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I'm the other guy. Hit a Yamato in my Montana and got 3 cits and left him with about 10k. I then proceeded to bounce, fluff, shatter and just plain miss, my next 3 volleys until some DD torped him. :downsgun:

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Hahahah, gently caress that was surprisingly rewarding to watch.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

I really should start playing on the US server.

That way i could alternate between the two when I get chat banned.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Iceshade posted:

"cucked"
"cuck"

generaldort is actually not as good as he thinks he is, despite playing on all four servers to reach low unicum.

He also has a really big mouth in every game.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Heartcatch posted:

generaldort is actually not as good as he thinks he is, despite playing on all four servers to reach low unicum.

He also has a really big mouth in every game.

So what you're saying is if I ever see him on my team I should TK him and record the results.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Iceshade posted:

"cucked"
"cuck"

i uhh what?
OPG really does scrape the bottom of the barrel, don't they?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Hazdoc posted:

i uhh what?
OPG really does scrape the bottom of the barrel, don't they?

are OPG some kind of a big deal? igdi

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

They are the NA server's self-proclaimed "top" clan. They're actually four or five clans due to the 30 member size and they have scrimmages several times a week or some such.

They also have a Code of Conduct / Minimum Entrance Requirements list which you can view here in this Google Document.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Heartcatch posted:

They are the NA server's self-proclaimed "top" clan. They're actually four or five clans due to the 30 member size and they have scrimmages several times a week or some such.

They also have a Code of Conduct / Minimum Entrance Requirements list which you can view here in this Google Document.

:vince:

That is.... something.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
perhaps when clan wars poo poo actually rolls around OPG's dysfunctional bullshit will finally tear themselves apart and people will stop acting like its a good clan. Also, I find it amusing that they have a higher WTR rating requirement for DD players than the other branches, despite DDs having a harder time of even farming those purple points in the first place, with how warships.today so heavily emphasizes damage.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hazdoc posted:

perhaps when clan wars poo poo actually rolls around OPG's dysfunctional bullshit will finally tear themselves apart and people will stop acting like its a good clan. Also, I find it amusing that they have a higher WTR rating requirement for DD players than the other branches, despite DDs having a harder time of even farming those purple points in the first place, with how warships.today so heavily emphasizes damage.

I like that you have to meet both an overall and 90 day requirement. Let's be real, as long as you get a certain amount of games in that 90 day period (say 200) with say 60-70% T7 above, it shouldn't matter what your overall record is. Also, I would like to imagine that WoWs clan battles will be much like WoT. Being able to work with your team and follow orders is far more important than how much damage you can farm.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

When I first saw their requirements, I thought that they would be ~200 points higher, but sadly they betrayed my expectations.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Oh, I forgot to post my Draw screenshot from the discussion a few days ago.

This was from 3 months ago. The Gneis and I torped each other at the same time at point blank range, as it was a cyclone and there had been a smokescreen between us. So yeah they're rare but still happen (thankfully not nearly as often as in beta).

Also it wasn't entirely a solo carry [attempt], there was a Mahan on my team that also did pretty well. Between us we got all the kills but one.

Heartcatch posted:

"Treat other players in the same manner you would like to be treated, with respect."

Clan full of cucks imo. :sad:

Godlessdonut fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 1, 2017

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Holy poo poo the Warspite hasn't half been power creeped out of this game. I actually enjoyed it before I quit about 6 months ago and considered it the best T6 BB but I have played about 8 games in it this last few days and every single time its been vs T8 where it has no business. I'd sell it back to them for 500 Doubloons if I could.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

kaesarsosei posted:

Holy poo poo the Warspite hasn't half been power creeped out of this game. I actually enjoyed it before I quit about 6 months ago and considered it the best T6 BB but I have played about 8 games in it this last few days and every single time its been vs T8 where it has no business. I'd sell it back to them for 500 Doubloons if I could.

I had the opposite experience. I played about 5 or 6 games in it the other day and generally had a blast.

If the turret traverse wasn't just a crossed out number with 'heat death of the universe' written next to it it'd be pretty hard to beat.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Yes they could double its turret traverse and it wouldn't seem unfair. I can't keep my guns on a target at 15km while making a half rudder turn.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
I always thought the Warspite's best assets were it has a Romulan cloaking device (11km detection lol) and tanks really well. If you're like me and manage heals well/know when to disengage it can really help a team by taking heat off the cruisers/other heavy hitters.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

That and it's stupidly fast turning circle. I played mine tonight for the first time in a very long time and I remembered why I used to love it so much. Caveat was that it was a tier 7 game.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
The only thing I know about OPG is that that Business6 retard who made that long "I QUIT :qq:" video a while back was part of that clan and I feel like that tells me everything I need to know

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
OPG players almost exclusively division and if you catch one out solo they're pretty easy.

I blow their required solo stats out of the proverbial water. But as a life haver with kids I don't like the whole try hard practice aspects of competitive clans.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

kaesarsosei posted:

Almost every single ship at tier 6 is thoroughly unenjoyable now. Judging by available statistics, you'll see tier 8's about one game in three and you're only top tier in one game in four. None of my old favorite T6 ships deal well with that, but the BB's and DD's are particularly painful. Cruisers are less sensitive because they can get deleted at any tier, so I play the Duca occasionally, but that's it. Tier 5 is almost as bad but at least there you're slightly more likely to be top tier.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
They need to just make it +1/-1 matchmaking for all tiers and have people deal with queue times. The jump from 5 to 7 and 6 to 8 in particular is painful. Tier 7 seems almost designed to make people at tier 5 hate the game.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

CitizenKain posted:

They need to just make it +1/-1 matchmaking for all tiers and have people deal with queue times. The jump from 5 to 7 and 6 to 8 in particular is painful. Tier 7 seems almost designed to make people at tier 5 hate the game.

Even if they made it like that, the queues would still be negligible. As is, sometimes it queues so fast I don't have time to leave the queue if I forgot to slap cammo or something.

One of the reasons was supposedly ship diversity but with so many new ship lines out, I am pretty sure that won't be a problem anymore, especially if they release British BBs

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Controversial opinion alert: I am ok with 2-tier spread

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Eve if they don't change the current spread, they at least need to make it possible for tier 8s to division with tier 10s, since half the battles in your tier 8s end up being tier 10 anyway.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Burt posted:

That and it's stupidly fast turning circle. I played mine tonight for the first time in a very long time and I remembered why I used to love it so much. Caveat was that it was a tier 7 game.
It's a bit awkward sometimes when the ship turns so much faster than the turrets, so actually keeping your guns on target while turning gets tricky. Still a real nice ship though.

Had a good laugh once when I was divisioning in Warspites. The match has just started and I'm fondly regaling my buddies with the tale of how I once deleted a Pensacola across the map in the start of a match. Immediately after I finish I see a Pensacola in the enemy team wink out of existence and my clanmate goes "Oh, you mean like that?" :haw:

Nordick fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 2, 2017

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Insert name here posted:

Controversial opinion alert: I am ok with 2-tier spread

It is also ok to improve on an .... ok situation

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

I'd be down for +1/-1 tier spread, not because I need to grind anything but simply to enjoy tier 5, 6 and (to a lesser extent) 8 again.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe
Seeing New York in tier 7 game is just sad. Being New York in tier 7 game is... Dont be New York in tier 7 game,

Lady Morgaga fucked around with this message at 09:46 on May 2, 2017

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Tier 5 struggles against T6, it's a joke against T7. The Bayern eats every T5 for lunch.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
I just was top of the board in a tier 7 game in my Texas. Turns out manual AA can annihilate Hiryu planes.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Hey Eurogoons, some German magazine is doing a code givaway for a bunch of goodies. Follow the instructions here if you don't speak German, or if you do then just follow the link obviously.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/68riru/psa_eu_players_get_free_port_slot_consumables/

Gmail filtered the code email into the spam folder, but other than that it worked fine for me.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 2, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Count me in that I think a +1/-1 split would be awesome.

Yesterday I discovered, to my dismay, that my highest damage game was 153k in my Colorado (I'm dismayed because I have a higher average damage in my North Carolina but I wasn't able to get over 150k in the NC in like three times as many games). I actually made a video of the exact game. It's tangentially related because a big chunk of my damage came from making GBS threads on a Kongo, Texas, and Omaha. The Omaha can be discounted because literally everything shits all over it, but those T5 BBs didn't do too well matched up against me.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

Count me in that I think a +1/-1 split would be awesome.

Yesterday I discovered, to my dismay, that my highest damage game was 153k in my Colorado (I'm dismayed because I have a higher average damage in my North Carolina but I wasn't able to get over 150k in the NC in like three times as many games). I actually made a video of the exact game. It's tangentially related because a big chunk of my damage came from making GBS threads on a Kongo, Texas, and Omaha. The Omaha can be discounted because literally everything shits all over it, but those T5 BBs didn't do too well matched up against me.

I guess by the time you go up to T7, the Colorado's optimal range is probably overlapping pretty heavily with the Kongo. Thus the Kongo with its lighter armor probably takes penetrations consistently.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Nordick posted:

Hey Eurogoons, some German magazine is doing a code givaway for a bunch of goodies. Follow the instructions here if you don't speak German, or if you do then just follow the link obviously.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/68riru/psa_eu_players_get_free_port_slot_consumables/

Gmail filtered the code email into the spam folder, but other than that it worked fine for me.

Got it, thanks

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Colorado's main guns overmatch a T5 battleship from any angle, so there is absolutely nothing they can really do to stop damage, while there is no T5 in the game carrying guns that can overmatch a Colorado's bow armor.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 2, 2017

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Nordick posted:

Thank you!!! Free flag with a buffed Captain on it! I do like more flags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe
Same here. Cheers.