Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Derek man try to keep it down to 1 line per post , or just a funny gif please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

That thread was amazing. I mean the guy blew in like a force of nature and completely ripped right through. Those /r/ds fools just played directly into his hands and they were all in attendance. Everyone got their turn I think. They didn't know what hit them.

Some of those guys went from saying it was me, to saying it was another Goon (RISC911). The disarray and theory-crafting was amazing.

That thread was amazing. We were chatting about it on my Discord channel late last night. Right up to the point where the guy noticed that his thread was removed. It's interesting how all the critical threads over there get removed. Then there is an outcry, and they come back. It happened to two such threads last week.

Apparently those guys there mass reported his thread (as they did to the others) and the auto-moderator removed it. But after this thread happened, it was manually brought back. The poor guy never stood a chance. I mean, look at the -25 downvotes just for asking a question as to why his post was removed. It's hilarious that before it was made known why the thread was removed, they were all speculating and trying to find a reason for his post to be removed. Of course they were all wrong.

Some have been attacking him for being me (aka DS) and over in the /r/DS someone else is now speculating that it's RISC911 (a Goon).

If you go to the guy's Reddit profile and read his comments, it's easy to see why the Usual Suspects would be threatened with reason. He went entirely against their narrative and totally ruffled some knickers.

These were my favorites. I even created an image album out of them because such p0wning needs to be archived for posterity.

1) About those guys on a hate sub-Reddit

Headshot:

2) on elevating DS to bogeyman

3) on DS undermining the project

4) LOL!!! takes on TheGremlich, Shitizen 96

5) About that famous lie that "the community voted to expanded the game scope"

6) About the need to raise money when the game is already late & over budget

7) LOL!! You mad, bro?

8) On DS being "jealous" of Star Citizen

9) LOL!! Apparently having no credit rating means you can still get business loans

10) About those pesky things like schedules

11) where they are now making excuses for why moons instead of planets are coming

12) The ever-shifting release date goal post

:five::five::five::five::five:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Xaerael posted:

Citizen: I'm a clever fella, and I make no mistakes! Look at me go! Spending all my cash on internet spaceship futures!

*clicks link in "get a bigger penis" email*

I guess that explains why the guy running CIG is a massive cock. :downsrim:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

PSA to all thread readers.

Don't crack a rib.

It loving hurts.

End of PSA.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Xaerael posted:

Don't crack a rib.

It loving hurts.

End of PSA.

Been there, can confirm. :thumbsup:

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Xaerael posted:

Don't crack a rib.

It loving hurts.

End of PSA.

The amount of time it loving hurts for can exceed a month.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
I got restricted on r/sc to only being allowed to post once every 10 minutes. They didn't like my shitposting. :(

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Warhawk109 posted:

I got restricted on r/sc to only being allowed to post once every 10 minutes. They didn't like my shitposting. :(

I discovered I was restricted a while ago in a thread dedicated to my own pixel art. Seems like some mods just hand out restricted posting just for being a known SA member. At least you got to troll first. Stay Classy reddit.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Quavers posted:

"Destroyer of scriptures of defamation" :laffo:

Since hair is an attachment, all characters will wear Crobberts Wigs™.

Fake edit: Days since CIG last hosed up = 3

Another doozy in that thread is someone hopes Roberts is in the game and will pour you a whiskey for some herculean feat.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Morningwoodpecker posted:

The amount of time it loving hurts for can exceed a month.

Pretty much what everyone has told me. Looking forward to being able to yawn without feeling like I'm being stabbed.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

That thread was amazing. I mean the guy blew in like a force of nature and completely ripped right through. Those /r/ds fools just played directly into his hands and they were all in attendance. Everyone got their turn I think. They didn't know what hit them.

Some of those guys went from saying it was me, to saying it was another Goon (RISC911). The disarray and theory-crafting was amazing.

That thread was amazing. We were chatting about it on my Discord channel late last night. Right up to the point where the guy noticed that his thread was removed. It's interesting how all the critical threads over there get removed. Then there is an outcry, and they come back. It happened to two such threads last week.

Apparently those guys there mass reported his thread (as they did to the others) and the auto-moderator removed it. But after this thread happened, it was manually brought back. The poor guy never stood a chance. I mean, look at the -25 downvotes just for asking a question as to why his post was removed. It's hilarious that before it was made known why the thread was removed, they were all speculating and trying to find a reason for his post to be removed. Of course they were all wrong.

Some have been attacking him for being me (aka DS) and over in the /r/DS someone else is now speculating that it's RISC911 (a Goon).

If you go to the guy's Reddit profile and read his comments, it's easy to see why the Usual Suspects would be threatened with reason. He went entirely against their narrative and totally ruffled some knickers.

These were my favorites. I even created an image album out of them because such p0wning needs to be archived for posterity.

1) About those guys on a hate sub-Reddit

Headshot:

2) on elevating DS to bogeyman

3) on DS undermining the project

4) LOL!!! takes on TheGremlich, Shitizen 96

5) About that famous lie that "the community voted to expanded the game scope"

6) About the need to raise money when the game is already late & over budget

7) LOL!! You mad, bro?

8) On DS being "jealous" of Star Citizen

9) LOL!! Apparently having no credit rating means you can still get business loans

10) About those pesky things like schedules

11) where they are now making excuses for why moons instead of planets are coming

12) The ever-shifting release date goal post

That seems like a lot of energy spent over some dumb reddit post.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

The plan for 3.0 is for the planets to do that.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Warhawk109 posted:

You'll probably notice your posts don't show up til a mod approves them manually. (hint: they usually never do)

You can check this by logging out and viewing the thread, your post likely won't be there.

So basically the community can downvote someone enough to defacto ban them. Often this downvoting will affect your posting on the entire site as they throttle many things through karma.

So only post positive things or be one of the lucky ones to post a negative thing at the right time.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
You guys could also just not post there.
Don't touch the poop.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre posted:

You guys could also just not post there.
Don't touch the poop.

touchdowntim55 did not deserve to be silenced. He posted well.

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016
Has anyone said Star Fartizen yet?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I give up
why
what happen ?
10-15 fps

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 2, 2017

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

I give up
why
what happen ?
10-15 fps

The station somehow gets mapped onto an object spinning near it.

physics grids

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The ring spinning randomly is a perfect pairing with crobberts waving hands

They both do it for no reason and cannot be stopped

Parp

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

beep_boop posted:

Has anyone said Star Fartizen yet?

Heres the mocap session for this

https://i.imgur.com/8K5Pmwy.mp4

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

http://vbevents.venturebeat.com/GBSummit2017

https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/01/watch-the-gamesbeat-summit-live-right-here/

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

From Robert's bio on the site:

quote:

Chris Roberts is one of the most recognized, well-respected, and successful game developers in the interactive entertainment industry. As a storyteller, game designer, game producer, and live-action director, Roberts skillfully combines vision with technical expertise to consistently create cutting edge, top-grossing and often revolutionary interactive entertainment products. A gaming wunderkind, Roberts sold his first computer game at the age of 14, and by the age of 20 Roberts had developed three #1 hits in his native U.K.: Match Day, Wiz Adore, and Stryker's Run. In 1987, Roberts joined Origin Systems, Inc. (“OSI”), which was acquired as a wholly owned subsidiary by Electronic Arts (“EA”) in 1992. Roberts was instrumental in OSI’s growth from a company with $4 million in annual revenues to a company with annual revenues of $50 million. Roberts’ first development project during his eight-year tenure with OSI was Times of Lore, which rose to #1 on Ingram's Best-Seller list in 1988. In 1990, Roberts developed Wing Commander, which set a new standard in PC games and evolved into a franchise series of game titles, all developed and produced by Roberts.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Give me infinite computing power, I'll do something much more wild than create a video game.

Colostomy Bag posted:

From Robert's bio on the site:

lol The latest thing they cite is 25 years ago.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure that $50m CIG got back last year was from amazon. I know derek continued to say "no no no amazon isnt partnered with them" but its looking to me like amazon is pretty much their publisher

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and lol at him taking the stage with rich hilleman, who ran EA for like 35 years

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Also the Friday show they keep reinventing is biweekly now.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I've been gaming since the late 80s and have never heard of any of those games aside from wing commander

#1 hits my rear end

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm expecting a slip or two today from either hilleman or roberts about the amazon deal with CIG

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

quote:

The Strike Commander project took more than four years and over a million man hours on background development. Very little of that production time turned out to be actually usable in the final product, as at least one and possibly several complete project "reboots" were required to refine the graphical engine to a playable state. [...] Chris Roberts, in the game's manual, compares the game's long development time with the events in the 1991 documentary Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse, a film account of what it took to get the 1979 film Apocalypse Now made.
lol

XK
Jul 9, 2001

TheAgent posted:

I'm pretty sure that $50m CIG got back last year was from amazon. I know derek continued to say "no no no amazon isnt partnered with them" but its looking to me like amazon is pretty much their publisher

Amazon is certainly one of the best placed companies for throwing millions down a toilet on a chance. I still think if anyone at Amazon threw money at CIG, they deserve to get fired, and I should get their job.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

What Robert's lacks in creativity, he makes up in hubris.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

That came out in April of 1993. If you had to do several project reboots on a video game engine in the early 90s, you're a loving disaster. That was a magical point in time where you could write cutting edge game engines single handedly in a few months.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
It's almost like Chris is a talentless hack that accidentally succeeded once, has hosed up everything he's touched since, and has been irrelevant to the industry for decades after being so incompetent on his last project that he was removed from his own company.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

TheAgent posted:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Will just make it funnier when they release a "Minimum Viable Product" that fails at all of the insane promises (FIDELITY!!!!) being made.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Agent what ever happened to opening a studio in Brno?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Agent what ever happened to opening a studio in Brno?
I don't mean for this to sound like a sick burn I just was wondering if anything came of it.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Also, if you think that Full Burn wasn't made specifically for Star Citizen you're wrong as hell.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Yeah but Steve jobs was removed from his company and he was a genius and cultural icon

Check mate goonie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

XK posted:

Amazon is certainly one of the best placed companies for throwing millions down a toilet on a chance. I still think if anyone at Amazon threw money at CIG, they deserve to get fired, and I should get their job.

Bezos, loving hire me, seriously. I'll pick better operations than CIG.