Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
if you type /me then you get that color'd text so that's all it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
"if you type /me, that common chat command that has existed for like 30 years at this point, you get that kind of text"
"I dunno man..."

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

postgame chat is sometimes a gem:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Winning a close game and seeing the losing team bitch about each other in post-game is one of the funniest things in this game. Especially if they're asking you to report a player who wasn't having a bad game but was just being countered or focused.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

njsykora posted:

Winning a close game and seeing the losing team bitch about each other in post-game is one of the funniest things in this game. Especially if they're asking you to report a player who wasn't having a bad game but was just being countered or focused.

i also really like the super indignant botlane quinn who, in that game, just sat under tower passively farming and spamming w for no reason and refused to go in on any engages because that could interrupt her precious farming

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

https://www.twitch.tv/greypowervan streaming some lovely plat 1 support games.

want to hit diamond this season again

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Nunu is so loving good, what the hell

level 6 just get 4 stacks, walk up to bot lane, W-E-Auto-R double kill

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It's just too good

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Take it to ranked baby!!!

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fl2Wg5rkew

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012
Holy hell, that rift herald looks like it shreds towers like they're made out of paper.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

PhrenzZ posted:

Holy hell, that rift herald looks like it shreds towers like they're made out of paper.

It only does that much damage on its first strike, and the damage on every hit is determined by its hp apparently

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
How to play from behind as a top laner now: CS under first tower, warn your other lanes that your opponent will roam, ward deep enough in your own jungle to see dives and run from them in time (hopefully).

How to play from behind as a top laner after rift herald change: CS under first tower, *REEEEE*, wait 30 seconds, CS under inhib tower.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

It's just too good

JP normals LUL

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Luna Was Here posted:

JP normals LUL

That's KR baby, get it straight

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

It only does that much damage on its first strike, and the damage on every hit is determined by its hp apparently

It also looks like summoning it takes a long time, would still basically guarantee a tower in late game though. Having a baron recall for as long as you have it seems like a great thing as well.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Is there some compelling reason why Yasuo gets all this stuff for free?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Gortarius posted:

to make up for the fact that the champion is used by yasuo players

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I'd see myself holding onto the Baron recall forever, only firing off rift herald for a base tower or a nexus tower. That's kinda dumb how much damage it does on the first boop

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Servaetes posted:

I'd see myself holding onto the Baron recall forever, only firing off rift herald for a base tower or a nexus tower. That's kinda dumb how much damage it does on the first boop

Split push Teemo buff.

Did the little guy back or did he stealth? Let's blow our trinkets to hunt for shrooms and fire skill shots at brushes just in case! Oh, it turns out he stealthed in the middle of the lane and is now backing on top of me after I ran into a shroom. Well played, Teemo.

[Teemo's team goes on to lose because the Teemo never actually left top lane ever.]

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Servaetes posted:

yeah baron recall is too tasty to give up quickly but I bet a good strat would be to take first tower, wait until your team engages a 4 or 5 v 4, then release the kraken on the inner and base turrets, could probably take both unless your team gets completely bodied. Seems like stopping it is going to take more than one person, since although it doesn't target champs you will just get wailed on by the split pusher while you're trying to kill the bug

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i actually like the idea of being able to siege down a tower without a massive lead / split push / the baron, but i am sure there will be some idiotic degenerate strategy that will make this busted in a way other than it was intended.

edit: of course i assume this is just intended for teams without great siege to have an option to siege without baron or a giant lead, and i could be wrong. having that little dude lets you take a tower as a melee champ without having to just split forever i should think>?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Gortarius posted:

Wait you mean other champions don't get 50% armor pen and double critical strike for free on top of huge mobility and the ability to completely blank a huge amount of ultimates? Weird.

(Most Yasuo players are still garbage though)

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Can't wait for the sejuani rework, maybe she'll be the scary tanky bear lady I hoped she was when I first started playing in season 3 and not just Lee food ultbot

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I like the idea of just dropping the Herald on the opposite side of the map while there's a big fight going on, because no way are most players gonna remember a) the herald was taken and b) hasn't been used yet so push a wave in and drop herald feels like it's gonna be a common thing. Though I'd assume it doesn't scale so presumably the longer you wait to drop it the easier it's gonna be to take down.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

njsykora posted:

I like the idea of just dropping the Herald on the opposite side of the map while there's a big fight going on, because no way are most players gonna remember a) the herald was taken and b) hasn't been used yet so push a wave in and drop herald feels like it's gonna be a common thing. Though I'd assume it doesn't scale so presumably the longer you wait to drop it the easier it's gonna be to take down.

Yorick and anyone with a Banner or Zz'Rot already does this, so the obvious build of choice is going to be Banner/Zz'Rot Yorick!

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Servaetes posted:

This tooltip suggests that you only have four minutes to summon the herald, after which the item disappears along with the empowered recall.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Addamere posted:

Yorick and anyone with a Banner or Zz'Rot already does this, so the obvious build of choice is going to be Banner/Zz'Rot Yorick!

yorick ult is apparently quite stupid and not really able to effectively push a lane, at least thats what a yorick one trick friend told me

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

The Shortest Path posted:

Wait you mean other champions don't get 50% armor pen and double critical strike for free on top of huge mobility and the ability to completely blank a huge amount of ultimates? Weird.

(Most Yasuo players are still garbage though)

You forgot the good ol' shield.

Yeah so why does he have all that poo poo? He doesn't even have to manage a resource. I mean at least for Aatrox for example the free revive and no resource bar is balanced by the fact that he sucks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

he probably has all that stuff in his kit because with all of it he still has a sub 50% win rate. im not a betting man, but if he had less stuff in his kit it would be lower i would think

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm sure most LoL players would be fine with that so he shows up less.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Melee carries kinda need overloaded kits to compete with ranged in a game with zero turnrate

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2017/05/new-social-media-teaser.html

Pulsefire Cait is coming today, hoping they do a second pass on the Ezreal skin as well...

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
is this support quest poo poo real?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
everyone is thresh now

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

Melee carries kinda need overloaded kits to compete with ranged in a game with zero turnrate

Turnrate is a dumb thing that doesn't exist. This game ain't dota, it ain't balanced like dota, the similarities between the two games end at "lanes with minions in them that you kill for money"

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dislike turnrate with a passion.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
pulsefire cait's weapons are all jacked directly from phantasy star online which kind of owns actually

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

he probably has all that stuff in his kit because with all of it he still has a sub 50% win rate. im not a betting man, but if he had less stuff in his kit it would be lower i would think

it could be one of those situations where if you make him less tempting to play for dumb people that the players that remain will actually be good at him. A lot of strong champs with flashy kits have lower winrates because people can't accept that they're not an up n coming pro assassin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The new caitlyn skin looks so good except for her hair randomly being an ugly shade of dark blue

• Locked thread